PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Sharpe eager to receive your “Fan Mail” questions

Lonestar
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Posted September 1, 2010, 8:43 am MT
Shannon Sharpe eager to receive your “Fan Mail” questions
By PATRICK SAUNDERS

Shannon Sharpe has never, ever, been at a loss for words.

Little wonder CBS hired him as an analyst as part of its “NFL Today” pregame show. Sharpe has been dishing out insights and opinions for CBS since 2004.

Back in the day, when I was a Broncos beat writer for The Post, Sharpe was one of my favorite athletes. He was funny, candid, quotable and open. Indeed, he is one of my all-time favorite athletes.

Now you have a chance to be the reporter by firing your questions at Sharpe in the upcoming installment of “Fan Mail.”

Ask Sharpe about his duties for CBS, or about how his relationship with Dan Marino has changed. Ask him about the Broncos … of yesteryear and this year.

Ask him how he stays in shape. Ask about his eventual induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Ask whatever is on your mind.

It’s easy to send a question. Simply email your query to fanmail@denverpost.com. Please include your first name and where you are from. Questions will be accepted through Thursday morning.

And, just in case you have forgotten, here are some of Sharpe’s credentials:

*His career spanned 14 seasons, 12 with the Broncos and two with the Baltimore Ravens.

* He won three Super Bowl rings, two with the Broncos, one with the Ravens.

* He ranks second all-time in the NFL in yards gained (10,060) by a tight end, and is the NFL’s second all-time leader in receptions (815) and in touchdowns (62) by a tight end.

* He was voted to eight Pro Bowls (1992-98, 2001), as well as to the NFL’s first All-Decade Team for the 1990s.

* He played in 12 post-season contests as a Bronco, all starts, and ranks No. 2 in franchise playoff history in receptions (47) and No. 3 in receiving yards (505).

* He entered the NFL out of Savannah State in 1990 as the Broncos’ seventh-round selection (192nd overall). In 2009 he was inducted into the Savannah State Hall of Fame as well as the Broncos’ “Ring of Fame.”