Lonestar
09-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Parker: Tebow T-shirts fade to black
By Penny Parker
Denver Post Columnist
POSTED: 08/31/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Tim Tebow. (Joe Amon, The Denver Post)
Tebow Tees has tanked.

I guess I didn't do Seth Finley any favors when I told you last week about the Denver entrepreneur's venture, tebowtees.com, a website that sold parody T-shirts paying homage to the Broncos backup quarterback. I'm not sure how many $20 T-shirts Finley was able to sell, but word reached me Monday that the site had shut down.

If you go to tebowtees.com, you'll get this message: "Brand Enamel has been contacted by Tebow's camp and in good faith we have shut down tebowtees.com and suspended sales of shirts online. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us with questions at parody@brand enamel.com."

Not terribly surprising when some of the messages on the shirts were too suggestive to even print in this newspaper, although Finley insisted he intended no disrespect.

"I got a call from someone in Tebow's camp who threatened legal action," Finley said. "So I shut it down. They said it was mostly a trademark and copyright issue having to do with Tebow's name, but really they didn't like the designs."

When "Tebow's camp" was contacted for comment, Broncos spokesman Paul Smyth, quoting Tebow's business manager Angel Gonzalez, said, "He preferred to keep the matter private and did not want to go into any detail."

Merton's the man.

Say "piano man" to members of my generation, and the moniker will most likely be tagged to Billy Joel. Say "piano man" to the YouTube generation, and they'll probably answer, "Merton."

Merton, a Colorado mystery man, is a YouTube phenom with his Chatroulette .com videos attracting millions of viewers eagerly awaiting his latest YouTube versions of the random webcam contacts he makes and instantly turns into improvised songs about the contact.

The aloof Web star is taking his show on the road. He'll play the public piano on the 16th Street Mall at Welton Street from 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesday.

Merton, dressed in his signature glasses and cinched hoodie, will do walk-by improvs for passers-by.

The session will be filmed by Denver Open Media, a public-access cable station that airs on Comcast in Denver only.

Leanest Lion.

Employees at the Ritz-Carlton Denver will vie for prizes for the most poundage lost during the Leanest Lion contest, kicking off with a pep rally at the hotel Wednesday.

"We are taking the health and wellness of our employees very seriously," said Ritz spokesmodel Allyson Fredeen, a lean lion herself. "We are putting healthier lunch options in the employee cafe, sharing healthy cooking recipes to take home, etc."

Heading up the program is Mi chelle Bickford, an on-property health champion and a drummer in a local band who has lost more than 60 pounds and is training for a triathlon. Participants will have three official and confidential weigh-ins through next March 1. Prizes include gym memberships, bicycles and a stay at a Ritz of their choice.

EAVESDROPPING

A woman and a man reading the menu at Shanahan's during the Concerts for Kids Celebrity Waiter event:

"What's Wagyu (beef)?"

"You know, it's just like ragout."

Penny Parker's column appears Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Listen to her on the Caplis and Silverman radio show between 4 and 5 p.m. Fridays on KHOW-630 AM. Call her at 303-954-5224 or e-mail pparker@denverpost.com.

Read more: Parker: Tebow T-shirts fade to black - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/pennyparker/ci_15945476?source=rsssimplepiebroncos#ixzz0yKItGn YM

rcsodak
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Tebow-ner! :lol: