PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Ryan Clady could play Thursday against Minnesota

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2010, 06:08 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15953922?source=rss

Ryan Clady, who has started all 32 games at left tackle since the Broncos drafted him with the No. 12 overall pick in 2007, was not only practicing Tuesday without wearing an orange, non-contact jersey, but the plan is to play him in the preseason finale Thursday at Minnesota.

Besides Clady, running back Correll Buckhalter also practiced without restriction for the first time Tuesday while starting tailback Knowshon Moreno returned for the first time since suffering a strained hamstring on the first day of training camp, Aug. 1.

Moreno was wearing an orange, noncontact jersey.

"If the backs are ready to go, we're going to play them," said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. "Ryan Clady, same thing. We're going to kind of use today and tomorrow to gauge where we're at.

"Those guys will be there and that's what we're hoping for so if they can do that and get some of those first hits out of the way and some of the first game action out of the way before we go to Jacksonville, that would be the purpose of it."

I Eat Staples
08-31-2010, 06:10 PM
I really hope he's ready, but I think playing him is a bad idea. I don't want him back until he's 100%. He's too valuable to risk.

Italianmobstr7
08-31-2010, 06:19 PM
They'll play Elvis Dumervil and Demaryius Thomas if they're ready too...

broncohead
08-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Why not wait till the first regular season game? You know what you have in Clady no point in risking it

smith49
08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
i really really hope he does not play against the vikings. BAD IDEA!

Lonestar
08-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Why not wait till the first regular season game? You know what you have in Clady no point in risking it

if ten days makes a difference then he should not be playing in JAX either. I suspect this is just to test the knee under live game circumstances.

I also suspect he will not be out there much. just enough to knock off the rust.

gobroncsnv
08-31-2010, 10:57 PM
For me, I just wouldn't risk it until at least it means something... I'm ok with the way the line has played this preseason, if it means Clady has more time to get to FULL strength. As far as I'm concerned, he can knock the rust off in a much more controlled environment.
Would rather wait.

Nomad
09-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks DN for the heads up! I didn't know the game was on Thurs but we'll definitely get it here being NODAK is part of Vikings country! Too bad though because it's competing against the PITT/Utah game.

It's not going to hurt Clady playing a down or two but I wouldn't play him anymore than one series of downs.

claymore
09-01-2010, 06:48 AM
I would do the opposite of Whatever our medical staff's advice is.

broncohead
09-01-2010, 09:54 AM
if ten days makes a difference then he should not be playing in JAX either. I suspect this is just to test the knee under live game circumstances.

I also suspect he will not be out there much. just enough to knock off the rust.

Not that he may NEED the 10 days but the fact that there is no benifit to playing him in the pre season imo. He hasn't really been practicing so give him the extra 10 days to get back into football shape before rushing him back

rcsodak
09-01-2010, 12:25 PM
LMAO at all of you monday morning HC's. He'll be playing against backups, most likely.... Would you rather he start out against an aggressive Jax D that wants to 'see how effective he's gonna be'?
If he shows he's 'back' thursday night then Jax will likeky make adjustments away from him.
I'd rather he go up against backups...and if he's not ready, THEN give him another wk or 2 vs getting blown up in wk 1 and out even longer.

PS. And did nobody else notice the booboo in the article?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

CrazyHorse
09-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I want to see him go up against Jared Allen.

I Eat Staples
09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I want to see him go up against Jared Allen.

Your avatar scares me.