PDA

View Full Version : Homeward Bound

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/homeward-bound/

After Sunday’s 34-17 victory against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Broncos have a quick turnaround before traveling to take on the Vikings on Wednesday.

For Ryan Harris and Eric Decker, the trip couldn’t come soon enough. It’s a homecoming for both Minnesota natives.

“I’m very excited,” Decker said. “It’s going to be fun to come back home and see some family and friends. I’ve got my community coming — about 2,000 people. It’s always fun to have that support and be back and playing in front of your home state. I’ve grown up in Minnesota. I love the people there and they’ve been very good to me. It should be a lot of fun.”

Decker, who hails from Cold Spring, Minn., has a bit of an advantage on his teammates in that he is plenty familiar with the opposing stadium — Mall of America Field.

He started three seasons at the University of Minnesota, which plays its games on the same field in the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome.

“I’m very comfortable with the surroundings and how the field plays,” said the rookie, who has hauled in six passes for 69 yards and a touchdown this preseason.

Harris, on the other hand, has played at the Metrodome just three times — once as an eighth grader and twice for high school state playoff games.

Nevertheless, he’s excited to return to his hometown and the same stadium where he once watched his NFL idols play every week.

“I grew up watching (former Vikings) John Randle, Randall Cunningham, Chris Carter, Randy Moss and all those guys,” Harris said. “To go back to the same field, you know, 15 years later — usually there’s turnover in venues but I think I’m catching the last couple years of the Metrodome — it’s going to be cool just to be back there and be back home.”

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Another one of the best parts of heading home? The familiar delicacies.

“There’s a place that has a hamburger that they dip peanut butter on the patty — it will change your life,” Harris advised anyone heading to Minnesota for the game. “It’s the Blue Door, right in St. Paul.”

“I don’t know if they have milkshakes, they do have cheese curds though — which is another life-changer if you’ve never had them.”

shank
08-30-2010, 10:47 PM
i want cheese curds

GEM
08-30-2010, 11:38 PM
i want cheese curds

Hit up A&W on 80th and Wads...they have em and they are pretty good. ;)

Shazam!
08-31-2010, 01:03 AM
There’s a place that has a hamburger that they dip peanut butter on the patty

That sounds ******* disgusting.

Dirk
08-31-2010, 05:16 AM
Hit up A&W on 80th and Wads...they have em and they are pretty good. ;)

:confused:

Is that kind of like cottage cheese?