PDA

View Full Version : TT to nr 2?

RyanC
08-30-2010, 12:05 PM
So everyone has been speculating that TT would be nr 2 mostly because of being able to play him wildcat and have the run threat. He made some rookie mistakes last night, but it seems to me that he still looks better then Quinn all around. At least TT seems to sense the pocket collapse and get the ball out instead of take the sack (Quinn has 6 in the preseason!).

I haven't looked at all the stats and I'm no hardcore TT fanboy, but as of right now I like him as the number two, even if it was Quinn was the guy who could run a wildcat here and there.

Thoughts?

red98
08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
So everyone has been speculating that TT would be nr 2 mostly because of being able to play him wildcat and have the run threat. He made some rookie mistakes last night, but it seems to me that he still looks better then Quinn all around. At least TT seems to sense the pocket collapse and get the ball out instead of take the sack (Quinn has 6 in the preseason!).

I haven't looked at all the stats and I'm no hardcore TT fanboy, but as of right now I like him as the number two, even if it was Quinn was the guy who could run a wildcat here and there.

Thoughts?

I think Tebow earned the QB2 last night by virtue of those packages you mentioned and the fact that Quinn sucks ala Chris Simms.

broncophan
08-30-2010, 12:10 PM

Thoughts?

TT p.ip. n.h. jk. lim.....................any other thoughts?

sry........Tebow will be ok.....and not so sure about Quinn.

RyanC
08-30-2010, 12:28 PM
The only thing I shortened is TT and nr 2, which I'm pretty sure everyone know what that stands for. I'm kinda tired of hearing his name, I guess if the nr 2 is too much txt talk I apologize. Sorry. . .

I don't know how to translate broncophan's statement though.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-30-2010, 12:31 PM
I am going out of a limb here, by week 7-8 Tebow will be the starting QB. Just my thoughts only.

underrated29
08-30-2010, 01:00 PM
r2d2?

nr 2?

I dont speak teenager very well.

Dirk
08-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I am going out of a limb here, by week 7-8 Tebow will be the starting QB. Just my thoughts only.

With a name like Jaxgatorgirl I'm sure you will.

It's a Broncos Forum by the way. :D

I still think Orton is going to have a PB type season.

T.K.O.
08-30-2010, 01:06 PM
in my book....Tebow took the backup job in week 2 of the preseason.
quinn may improve with more time in the playbook,but he just looks like a boy among men out there so far.

Rex
08-30-2010, 01:20 PM

Hey girl. How you doin? PM me. ;)

shank
08-30-2010, 01:31 PM
# is shorter than nr, and far less ambiguous.

RyanC
08-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Allow me to rephrase-

As our current penultimate sportsman in the position of twenty-five percent anterior seems to have quite figuratively developed a severe malevolent case of metatarsalgia, how would present company deem the prudence of the transfiguration of hierarchy within the trilogy of sportsman that inhabit said position?

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I am of the view that while the young Timothy Tebow, displays some rather clear innate abilities with regards to the twenty-five-percent-anterior position, it is also quite apparent that at present he lacks the erudition to conceivably assume the principle chair.

That being said, young Timothy Tebow seems to display impressive fortitude as well instantaneous and rote understanding of the metaphysical aspects of the sport, which in my view would justify the re-assessment of hierarchy such that young Timothy Tebow should ascend above Mr. Quinn at present time.

Broncomania; what are your views on the matter?

I Eat Staples
08-30-2010, 10:00 PM

Just because you love Tebow doesn't mean he's going to be the starter.

broncobryce
08-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Allow me to rephrase-

As our current penultimate sportsman in the position of twenty-five percent anterior seems to have quite figuratively developed a severe malevolent case of metatarsalgia, how would present company deem the prudence of the transfiguration of hierarchy within the trilogy of sportsman that inhabit said position?

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I am of the view that while the young Timothy Tebow, displays some rather clear innate abilities with regards to the twenty-five-percent-anterior position, it is also quite apparent that at present he lacks the erudition to conceivably assume the principle chair.

That being said, young Timothy Tebow seems to display impressive fortitude as well instantaneous and rote understanding of the metaphysical aspects of the sport, which in my view would justify the re-assessment of hierarchy such that young Timothy Tebow should ascend above Mr. Quinn at present time.

As to your question.......see my av

underrated29
08-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Allow me to rephrase-

We are not broncomania. Not sure why you didnt say that the first time but your r2d2 time makes much more sense.

However, why use 5 words when 3 will do, with that said, r2d2 is not a word, nor a relevant abbreviation. Having said all that- yes quinn blows. TT will no doubt be the r2d2 before the season starts...he has r2d2 weeks to lock it up. That is my opinion before i head off to the toilet. I've got to go r2d2.;)

rcsodak
08-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Allow me to rephrase-

That being said, young Timothy Tebow seems to display impressive fortitude as well instantaneous and rote understanding of the metaphysical aspects of the sport, which in my view would justify the re-assessment of hierarchy such that young Timothy Tebow should ascend above Mr. Quinn at present time.Broncomania; what are your views on the matter?REDUNDANT
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Allow me to rephrase-

From the things I've heard it sounds like all three quarterbacks are going to active for every game. That seems to be a fairly clear indicator that he will be getting some playing time. Also because of the way rules are set up for quarterback substitution they may have to leave Tebow as the #3 quarterback.

That being said, I think Tebow has done enough warrant being promoted to #2 on the depth chart if McDaniels didn't have in mind to use Tebow in games in certain situations.

Btw welcome to Broncos Forums. :beer:

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 09:54 AM
r2d2?

nr 2?

I dont speak teenager very well.

Have you ever? :lol: Just kidding.

RyanC
08-31-2010, 10:00 AM
From the things I've heard it sounds like all three quarterbacks are going to active for every game. That seems to be a fairly clear indicator that he will be getting some playing time. Also because of the way rules are set up for quarterback substitution they may have to leave Tebow as the #3 quarterback.

That being said, I think Tebow has done enough warrant being promoted to #2 on the depth chart if McDaniels didn't have in mind to use Tebow in games in certain situations.

I thought the opposite was true? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that once the #3 QB enters the game, the #1 cant return until the 4th quarter. But the #2 can replace the #1 for a play or two and then the #1 can return in the first 3 quarters. Is that not correct?

Thanks. . . was around a bit last year, but thanks! :beer:

SR
08-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Thoughts?

My thoughts? TT = twin turbo.

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 10:13 AM
I thought the opposite was true? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that once the #3 QB enters the game, the #1 cant return until the 4th quarter. But the #2 can replace the #1 for a play or two and then the #1 can return in the first 3 quarters. Is that not correct?

Thanks. . . was around a bit last year, but thanks! :beer:

I think what I described was what happened with Eagles last year with McNabb, Kolb, and Vick.

No problem :salute:

Ravage!!!
08-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Ok.. I admit it.. I have no idea what nr 2 is.

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 10:21 AM

You are right. I had it backwards.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=5301467&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dpasquar elli_len%26id%3d5301467

Unless Tebow is the No. 2 quarterback or is listed at another position, he can't simply enter a game in the first three quarters, operate the Wildcat offense for a play or two and then return to the bench and allow either Orton or Quinn to replace him. So the thorny issue becomes one of just how Tebow is listed on game day.

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 10:24 AM

Number 2 and I don't mean the bodily funtion.

RyanC
08-31-2010, 10:44 AM
You are right. I had it backwards.

Which makes it kind of a no brainer no? I know it's hard to analyze Tebow when he has played mostly against 3rd string guys, but no doubt Quinn isn't looking very good. Maybe McD sees something in practice that we don't see, but 6 sacks in what maybe 4 quarters of play! Yikes. Yeah there may be some O-line experimentation going on, but Orton and Tebow aren't going down that much.

I don't see much future in Quinn...maybe as a backup. Either way if Orton goes down, I'd rather see Tebow get a couple NFL starts under his belt, even if we go back to Orton for this or the next season while TT is being groomed.

Again sorry for the "nr 2" thing.

underrated29
08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Again sorry for the "nr 2" thing.

We're just giving you a hard time.

rcsodak
08-31-2010, 12:16 PM

Not sure why you think TT would be kept #3, Tx. They do that, he doesnt get in the game until qtr 4. IF they keep BQ, I see him #3. That way TT can run pkgs anytime with no restrictions. If BQ doesnt showw ALOT thursday, I'm not certain he's on the roster and McD goes hunting for a vet.

rcsodak
08-31-2010, 12:18 PM
My thoughts? TT = twin turbo.
B1 TT.......WHOOOOOOOSH BOOM!

rcsodak
08-31-2010, 12:19 PM
it follows nr 1

weazel
08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Quinn just looks a little stunned out there....
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zM-D8lp65LQ/SyGrWX8INaI/AAAAAAAABpQ/jg4RJtfuJBc/s400/DeerInHeadlights.jpg

SR
08-31-2010, 09:24 PM

A shitty abbreviation for number two.

SR
08-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Not sure why you think TT would be kept #3, Tx. They do that, he doesnt get in the game until qtr 4. IF they keep BQ, I see him #3. That way TT can run pkgs anytime with no restrictions. If BQ doesnt showw ALOT thursday, I'm not certain he's on the roster and McD goes hunting for a vet.

LMFAO. Well played, sir.