PDA

View Full Version : the old chargers are back

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2007, 10:41 PM
What happened?

I'm happy the chargers lost.

dogfish
09-16-2007, 11:19 PM
their secondary got torched, and philip rivers played like a little girl. . . . :laugh:

broncosfanscott
09-17-2007, 01:06 AM
their secondary got torched, and philip rivers played like a little girl. . . . :laugh:

No kidding. Brady had all the time in the world to throw the ball and they found a way to stop LT.

Poet
09-20-2007, 10:28 PM
No kidding. Brady had all the time in the world to throw the ball and they found a way to stop LT.

And the Chargers are still the best team in your division. But hey, the Chargers would beat the Bengals this year, just like last year. Broncos still cannot compete with them though. You may split the series and all, but they will have 2 or more wins then you when it is all said and done.

ThunderGirl
09-21-2007, 10:17 AM
And the Chargers are still the best team in your division. But hey, the Chargers would beat the Bengals this year, just like last year. Broncos still cannot compete with them though. You may split the series and all, but they will have 2 or more wins then you when it is all said and done.

According to the NFL ranking the Broncos are the best in the division, so I dunno what your on!:confused:

If SD keeps playing the way they are(:laugh:), I'll be celebrating a Broncos win on 10/07/2007!:elefant:

TXBRONC
09-21-2007, 11:07 AM

That secondary has been the weak link since they started drafting the likes of Merriman. They have very good front seven but if they can be held in check that secondary will get torched regularly.

dogfish
09-21-2007, 12:56 PM
That secondary has been the weak link since they started drafting the likes of Merriman. They have very good front seven but if they can be held in check that secondary will get torched regularly.

their secondary is the weak link, and their receivers are missing links. . . :lol:

TXBRONC
09-21-2007, 01:10 PM
their secondary is the weak link, and their receivers are missing links. . . :lol:

Aint that the truth? :laugh:

sanluis
09-21-2007, 01:35 PM
And Denver has looked so good! I can't believe that they were able to pull off those close wins over two such powerful super bowl contenders!! The performances were just awe inspiring. I know it's only been two games but we should just hand Denver the crown now. :laugh:

You want to crown'em ??!
Then crown there ***!!!
But they are what we thought they were .....ponies or phonies? :confused:

Ponies give me a break! It's week flipping two in the bag. We have a long way to go people!!:D

Devilspawn
09-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I watched the Giants secondary get torched the last two weeks because of no pass rush, and the lack of a pass rush is why Oakland's secondary is falling victim to bigger numbers. If the Chargers don't pressure Favre, it'll be another blowout because their receivers do not matchup well at all with Green bay's cornerbacks.

San Diego's secondary is not trash, they have some guys who can make plays every now and then. Weddle can benefit from a consistent pass rush, I think he can be one of the better safeties in the league. But if their "immortal" front-7 can't get a pass rush, then they fall behind, Norv adandons the run, it's all on Rivers, the Chargers are on the clock.

The funny thing is that they are two receivers away from being an elite offense. Their line is still good and Rivers can manage a game when he gets protection. What they need is a possession receiver who moves the chains, nothing flashy, and a game breaker to free up the rest of the receivers. And with their salary cap situation, that is what they should concentrate on in the offseason.

dogfish
09-21-2007, 01:39 PM
And Denver has looked so good! I can't believe that they were able to pull off those close wins over two such powerful super bowl contenders!! The performances were just awe inspiring. I know it's only been two games but we should just hand Denver the crown now. :laugh:

You want to crown'em ??!
Then crown there ***!!!
But they are what we thought they were .....ponies or phonies? :confused:

Ponies give me a break! It's week flipping two in the bag. We have a long way to go people!!:D

translation-- stop making fun of my dolts! no fair talkin' smack until we win some more games. . . .

:laugh:

sanluis
09-21-2007, 02:01 PM
translation-- stop making fun of my dolts! no fair talkin' smack until we win some more games. . . .

No, No go ahead and throw those rocks around in your glass house. That's fine with me. :D

dogfish
09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
No, No go ahead and throw those rocks around in your glass house. That's fine with me. :D

whatchoo talkin' 'bout? our receivers and secondary are awesome!

it's our DTs that aren't so hot. . . . :lol:

TXBRONC
09-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Louise, all DF said was the truth. The Dudz secondary is sub par, if the front seven can't get heat on the opposing team's quarterback your secondary gets beat like ugly step child. In fact wasn't in the news today that Quentin Jammer is having name legally changed to Toasted Jam?

You don't legitimate wide receiver, and your quarterback is stinking up the place worse than 3 tons rotten fish. Heck Bradlee Van Pelt is still available, maybe your Dudz should sign him up.

BroncoWave
09-21-2007, 05:45 PM

so, how's second place treatin ya? :D

sanluis
09-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Louise, all DF said was the truth. The Dudz secondary is sub par, if the front seven can't get heat on the opposing team's quarterback your secondary gets beat like ugly step child. In fact wasn't in the news today that Quentin Jammer is having name legally changed to Toasted Jam?

You don't legitimate wide receiver, and your quarterback is stinking up the place worse than 3 tons rotten fish. Heck Bradlee Van Pelt is still available, maybe your Dudz should sign him up.

Front seven? Does Denver even have a front seven? I think they all moved back to the Browns. :D

I heard LT will run for 400 yards week five and make up for his slow start!:D

dogfish
09-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Front seven? Does Denver even have a front seven? I think they all moved back to the Browns. :D

I heard LT will run for 400 yards week five and make up for his slow start!:D

well he sure needs to pick it up at some point-- at this pace he won't rush for 400 yards the whole year!

:lol:

sanluis
09-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by dogfish
their secondary got torched, and philip rivers played like a little girl. .

A little girl?!! So that makes your D what then? Oh I know ............................ :elefant:

:D

dogfish
09-21-2007, 08:07 PM
A little girl?!! So that makes your D what then? Oh I know ............................ :elefant:

that's funny, i don't remember OUR D giving up 38 points so far this year-- matter of fact, they haven't given up that many in both of our games combined. . . . :D

BigBroncLove
09-21-2007, 08:11 PM

They may be giving up tons of yards, but they have only allowed two touchdowns thus far this season. 1 was to MArshawn Lynch on a hell of a run, the second was to Porter on a botched coverage by Bly.

The other two TD's scored against the Broncos were on special teams, and an interception returned for a TD....

That's a whole lot better then your bolts. :laugh: I think NE put more TD's on the baord in one game then the Broncos have allowed as a team, let alone the defense.

I will say this though, the Chargers do scare me once they get going on all cylinders. It's just comical for a team so high on itself to enter a game against NE with such a swagger of "were better then the rest" to get chewed up and spit out like they did. Oh, it's funny.....

I won't lie though. I expect the Chargers to pick up the pace soon and start playing like last year.... much to my displeasure. I will enjoy it while it lasts though.... watching all those big smiles at the start of the game against NE fade into shock and horror. :rofl: Oh that was funny!

TXBRONC
09-21-2007, 08:19 PM

I have website that I want you to visit Louise. WWW.ReadingComprehension.com. ;)

Take it, use it, learn it. DF talked about your secondary just I did. Nuetralize your front seven (granted that's a difficult task most of the time) and your secondary couldn't defend the pass against a Pee Wee Football team. :D

sanluis
09-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Sorry guys I have to go to Cal Poly Volley Ball game. I'll be back to straighten you all out a little later! :D

sanluis
09-21-2007, 11:26 PM
There once was this team with 12 new starters that began the 2007 season against two cupcake teams. They were eaten by some guy named Sam Adams and never heard from again!

Adams---> :elefant:

Poet
09-22-2007, 03:15 PM
According to the NFL ranking the Broncos are the best in the division, so I dunno what your on!:confused:

If SD keeps playing the way they are(:laugh:), I'll be celebrating a Broncos win on 10/07/2007!:elefant:

And when the Chargers win that division what are you going to be saying? At least the Chargers have played two very good teams, you could combine the two teams the Broncos have played and come up with a mediocre team? Just tell me that you got the W and that is all that matters, and then tell me how great Cutler is going to be. And then when you barely miss the playoffs tell how during week two you where 2-0 and had all the momentum in the world...:beer:

dogfish
09-22-2007, 05:18 PM
And when the Chargers win that division what are you going to be saying? At least the Chargers have played two very good teams, you could combine the two teams the Broncos have played and come up with a mediocre team? Just tell me that you got the W and that is all that matters, and then tell me how great Cutler is going to be. And then when you barely miss the playoffs tell how during week two you where 2-0 and had all the momentum in the world...:beer:

sure easy to run your mouth when you don't even have the guts to declare your own team so people can fire back, isn't it?

Poet
09-22-2007, 05:23 PM
sure easy to run your mouth when you don't even have the guts to declare your own team so people can fire back, isn't it?

The Cincinnati Bengals. Please fire away, I am ooooh so scared.:beer:

dogfish
09-22-2007, 05:37 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals. Please fire away, I am ooooh so scared.:beer:

yea, i hear that's what your efense told the browns. . . .

:rofl:

Poet
09-22-2007, 05:39 PM
yea, i hear that's what your efense told the browns. . . .

:rofl:

You are correct, the Bengals could very well have the worst defense in the league. However that does not change the fact that your team is not winning the division. I am so confident about my claim that I will make a sig bet with you? Something along those lines?

dogfish
09-22-2007, 05:44 PM
You are correct, the Bengals could very well have the worst defense in the league. However that does not change the fact that your team is not winning the division. I am so confident about my claim that I will make a sig bet with you? Something along those lines?

what? you've been here all of five minutes and you're challenging people to sig bets. . . ? why should i even believe that you'll be around to honor it?

makes no difference to me, though-- but if you want to make the challenge, step up and bet on your own team, don't hide behind the chargers! they've got enough bandwagon fanboys as it is, they don't need any bengal refugees. . .

Poet
09-22-2007, 05:56 PM
what? you've been here all of five minutes and you're challenging people to sig bets. . . ? why should i even believe that you'll be around to honor it?

makes no difference to me, though-- but if you want to make the challenge, step up and bet on your own team, don't hide behind the chargers! they've got enough bandwagon fanboys as it is, they don't need any bengal refugees. . .

Well bengaaaaaals1688 will vouch for me if that means anything to you. But as far as the bet goes I can tell you are not that confident huh? I talk trash about your team, you counter with nothing to show that the Broncos will win the division (not even a tidbit). Then I make the bet and you go umm well errr uhhh bet on your team. I never made a claim about the Bengals, but I do think they will get the second wild card spot. I am what you would call an equal opportunity trash talker, if I see a stupid claim or post made I will ridicule it. And that goes for any team, and any fan including my own. On the Bengals Board I was notorious for smacking Bengal fans who would make stupid claims. But how about we try this again you and I? I say the Broncos will not win the division based on the fact they have the best RB in the NFL, the best QB in the division, a very good defense, in my opinion a top three Tight End, and the kicker is that who is going to step up and take that title from them? The Raiders, the Chiefs? Get outta here. The Broncos are going to do it? Are we actually serious here? You guys almost lost to two bad teams. Your offense was not been impressive at all. The Chargers lost to the best team in the NFL, and beat one of the best defenses in the league. They won the division last year, they had the second best record in the NFL last year. They are the most talented team in the entire NFL, they have the best FB in the game (Lorenzo Neil is going to the hall son). Go ahead and tell me that the Bengals lost to the Browns. That does not change the fact that the Broncos are NOT going to win the division. And I am am wrong then I will be back here to eat my crow, in fact I will openly admit that I am wrong. So go on and explain to me why anyone should be convinced that your boys are going to win the division.

dogfish
09-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Well bengaaaaaals1688 will vouch for me if that means anything to you. But as far as the bet goes I can tell you are not that confident huh? I talk trash about your team, you counter with nothing to show that the Broncos will win the division (not even a tidbit). Then I make the bet and you go umm well errr uhhh bet on your team. I never made a claim about the Bengals, but I do think they will get the second wild card spot. I am what you would call an equal opportunity trash talker, if I see a stupid claim or post made I will ridicule it. And that goes for any team, and any fan including my own. On the Bengals Board I was notorious for smacking Bengal fans who would make stupid claims. But how about we try this again you and I? I say the Broncos will not win the division based on the fact they have the best RB in the NFL, the best QB in the division, a very good defense, in my opinion a top three Tight End, and the kicker is that who is going to step up and take that title from them? The Raiders, the Chiefs? Get outta here. The Broncos are going to do it? Are we actually serious here? You guys almost lost to two bad teams. Your offense was not been impressive at all. The Chargers lost to the best team in the NFL, and beat one of the best defenses in the league. They won the division last year, they had the second best record in the NFL last year. They are the most talented team in the entire NFL, they have the best FB in the game (Lorenzo Neil is going to the hall son). Go ahead and tell me that the Bengals lost to the Browns. That does not change the fact that the Broncos are NOT going to win the division. And I am am wrong then I will be back here to eat my crow, in fact I will openly admit that I am wrong. So go on and explain to me why anyone should be convinced that your boys are going to win the division.

:yawn:

first off, go ahead and show me where i said the broncos WOULD win the division. . . the ol' straw man tactic don't work on me, kid, and you're not going to press me into defending remarks i never made. . .

i will say that we're in first place right now, and they're going to have to play a lot better than they have so far if they want to change that. . . you sound just like a charger fanboy, bragging about alllll that talent. . . but here's a news flash for you-- doesn't count for squat until they actually win something! leave it to a fan of an organization that never wins ANYTHING to not understand that. . .

why should anyone be convinced that we're going to win, you ask? hah! why should i CARE if you're convinced? :D but just for spits and giggles, try this on for size-- we've got guys on our roster and on our coaching staff that actually know what it takes to win, and not just in the regular season. . . this team is already showing this season that we can win close games, when things don't necessarily bounce our way. . . what do the chargers do when things get tough? fold like laundry then cry about it, and console themselves with the pro bowl. . .

but go ahead and dangle from their jocks like an ESpiN reoprter if it makes you happy-- means nothin' to me!

:cheers:

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 06:53 PM

No they played one excellent and after runnning off at the mouth got their head handed to them. And in the first game they played a team with excellent defense, and no offense. Nice try come back when you have something.

sanluis
09-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Oakland and the Bills are super bowl contenders, unlike the bums the Chargers have played. I mean Chicago and NE are just pathetic teams. No doubt the Chargers should just hang it up right now..................:rofl:

Poet
09-22-2007, 07:10 PM
No they played one excellent and after runnning off at the mouth got their head handed to them. And in the first game they played a team with excellent defense, and no offense. Nice try come back when you have something.

They played Oakland and Buffalo. Those teams are bad, and you barely beat both of them. Wow, they played a team that is totally one dimensional and almost lost, way to help your argument out there. Why don't you come back when you are not a blithering idiot, heck I would settle for you just having a clue about your opponents.

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Oakland and the Bills are super bowl contenders, unlike the bums the Chargers have played. I mean Chicago and NE are just pathetic teams. No doubt the Chargers should just hang it up right now..................:rofl:

Louise, come on now if you would take me up on that reading comprehenison web site you might already knon no one the teams you faced were pathetic. You face one team at home that has great defense. The second team was superior the Dudz and you got your heads handed to you.

sanluis
09-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Louise, come on now if you would take me up on that reading comprehenison web site you might already knon no one the teams you faced were pathetic. You face one team at home that has great defense. The second team was superior the Dudz and you got your heads handed to you.

And maybe you should look up the word sarcasm! :D The Bears are a good team that made it to the super bowl. NE just came off a scandal that had them fired up to the point that they would have killed any team they played IMO. They were completely awesome that night.

What are your excuses for the pitiful play of mighty Denver Ponies? Did Sam Adams eat everyone else's food leaving the rest of the D and O lines weak with hunger? :shocked:

dogfish
09-22-2007, 07:45 PM
They played Oakland and Buffalo. Those teams are bad, and you barely beat both of them. Wow, they played a team that is totally one dimensional and almost lost, way to help your argument out there. Why don't you come back when you are not a blithering idiot, heck I would settle for you just having a clue about your opponents.

hey, it beats LOSING to mediocre or worse teams, which is what your boys just did. . . c'mon now, you're a bengals fan on the broncos board, braggin' to us how the chargers are better than our currently undefeated first-place team. . . after your squad just got freakin' HUMILIATED by the browns?? you can't possibly think anyone is going to take you seriously hiding behind the chargers-- what are you gonna do next, threaten to have your big brother beat us up?

:lol: :lol:

you must have missed the sign hanging over the entrance to the smack forum. . .

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6632/ride2at8.gif

run along and let the grownups play, now. . .

Poet
09-22-2007, 07:47 PM
:yawn:

first off, go ahead and show me where i said the broncos WOULD win the division. . . the ol' straw man tactic don't work on me, kid, and you're not going to press me into defending remarks i never made. . .

i will say that we're in first place right now, and they're going to have to play a lot better than they have so far if they want to change that. . . you sound just like a charger fanboy, bragging about alllll that talent. . . but here's a news flash for you-- doesn't count for squat until they actually win something! leave it to a fan of an organization that never wins ANYTHING to not understand that. . .

why should anyone be convinced that we're going to win, you ask? hah! why should i CARE if you're convinced? but just for spits and giggles, try this on for size-- we've got guys on our roster and on our coaching staff that actually know what it takes to win, and not just in the regular season. . . this team is already showing this season that we can win close games, when things don't necessarily bounce our way. . . what do the chargers do when things get tough? fold like laundry then cry about it, and console themselves with the pro bowl. . .

but go ahead and dangle from their jocks like an ESpiN reoprter if it makes you happy-- means nothin' to me!

:cheers:

Why should you care about what I said? Well if what people said on a SMACK board did not get refuted or commented on I guess there would not be much of a smack board then huh? Guys who know how to win are prevalent on the Broncos team huh? Well Cutler sure doesn't know how to win in the NFL, Bailey does not, Dre Bly does not, Travis Henry does not. Oh wait, where you referring to Jon Lynch and Sam Adams? Cause those guys have done a TON of winning recently......DOH! Just who on your team knows how to win? Other then Shanahan who? Is it all those old cleveland defensive lineman that you are counting on :rolleyes::rolleyes:? Who was talking about doing anything in the playoffs, how is that relevant. We where talking about the division, and that is done in the regular season, I assume you know what that is right? I never accused you of saying that you where going to win, however what did happen is that I pointed out that it is far more likley that the Chargers would win and then presto we are here. You can tell when someone has a weak arse argument when they have to bring up irrelevant subject matter. Somehow when in this argument the fact that the Bengals organization has won very little and ESPN loves the Chargers here are relevant right?

Poet
09-22-2007, 07:54 PM
hey, it beats LOSING to mediocre or worse teams, which is what your boys just did. . . c'mon now, you're a bengals fan on the broncos board, braggin' to us how the chargers are better than our currently undefeated first-place team. . . after your squad just got freakin' HUMILIATED by the browns?? you can't possibly think anyone is going to take you seriously hiding behind the chargers-- what are you gonna do next, threaten to have your big brother beat us up?

:lol: :lol:

you must have missed the sign hanging over the entrance to the smack forum. . .

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6632/ride2at8.gif

run along and let the grownups play, now. . .

Bragging? I did not brag at all, all I did was make an argument that has valid points. See you just are not getting this, so allow me to explain this to you. I read a stupid comment made by a Broncos fan (a prevailing theme of this forum), I then comment on it and talk some smack (you know, the POINT of this forum). I make the argument that the Chargers have a lot of good players, won the division, and that while they are 1-1 they played two very good teams and split while you played two very poor teams and barely won. Here is the problem kiddo, I happen to have a point and it is obvious. If you want to bring up things that are not relevant to the argument then all you are doing is showing that you have NOTHING of sustenance to bring to the table. As far as me hiding behind the Chargers, look back at the posts and tell me how you came to that conclusion. I admit that the lose to the Browns was a wretched loss, I will not refuting that. However, if I see a stupid post (and yeah it was stupid) I will comment on it. As far your little picture goes, when it comes to logical arguments I am king here. Now run along little peon, you might get hurt arguing with a big boy.

Poet
09-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh and Dogfish, that sig bet is ready for you whenever you want it. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, you ready to back up your claims. If you are willing to make the bet but you need to see more proof that I will be here then just talk to Bengaaaaaals1688. However since we all know that I am right I doubt you have it in you to back up your talk.

Krugan
09-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Why should you care about what I said? Well if what people said on a SMACK board did not get refuted or commented on I guess there would not be much of a smack board then huh? Guys who know how to win are prevalent on the Broncos team huh? Well Cutler sure doesn't know how to win in the NFL, Bailey does not, Dre Bly does not, Travis Henry does not. Oh wait, where you referring to Jon Lynch and Sam Adams? Cause those guys have done a TON of winning recently......DOH! Just who on your team knows how to win? Other then Shanahan who? Is it all those old cleveland defensive lineman that you are counting on :rolleyes::rolleyes:? Who was talking about doing anything in the playoffs, how is that relevant. We where talking about the division, and that is done in the regular season, I assume you know what that is right? I never accused you of saying that you where going to win, however what did happen is that I pointed out that it is far more likley that the Chargers would win and then presto we are here. You can tell when someone has a weak arse argument when they have to bring up irrelevant subject matter. Somehow when in this argument the fact that the Bengals organization has won very little and ESPN loves the Chargers here are relevant right?

Good grief man, if your going to take the the time to write something, at least break it up so it can be read.

The enter key is your friend.

dogfish
09-22-2007, 08:03 PM

yea, guys who know how to win are indeed prevalent on the broncos-- nalen, lepsis, smith, elam, lynch, webster, rice, graham and stokley all have these little things called super bowl rings. . . i realize bungles fans aren't any more familiar with those than charger fans, but they mean that you've won a championship. . . how many chargers players have won rings, either there or elsewhere?

i also think it's funny that you try to make cracks about the browns D-linemen when there's only one of them left on our team (unless you count ekuban, who's on injured reserve)-- especially after YOUR team just went and picked one of them up! better not make too many jokes about retread brown's DLs when you have one more starting for your team than we do, sparky. . . :lol:

no, we ditched those guys and went out and got more players who know something about winning-- tim crowder and jarvis moss are rookies, so they haven't won anything in the NFL yet, but they both played for national championship teams in college. . .

Who was talking about doing anything in the playoffs, how is that relevant.

when you're a chargers fanboy, it's NOT! now that we've established that you fit the description, my work here is done unless sanluis actually has something intelligent to add to the thread. . . . :wave:

Poet
09-22-2007, 08:10 PM
yea, guys who know how to win are indeed prevalent on the broncos-- nalen, lepsis, smith, elam, lynch, webster, rice, graham and stokley all have these little things called super bowl rings. . . i realize bungles fans aren't any more familiar with those than charger fans, but they mean that you've won a championship. . . how many chargers players have won rings, either there or elsewhere?

i also think it's funny that you try to make cracks about the browns D-linemen when there's only one of them left on our team (unless you count ekuban, who's on injured reserve)-- especially after YOUR team just went and picked one of them up! better not make too many jokes about retread brown's DLs when you have one more starting for your team than we do, sparky. . . :lol:

no, we ditched those guys and went out and got more players who know something about winning-- tim crowder and jarvis moss are rookies, so they haven't won anything in the NFL yet, but they both played for national championship teams in college. . .

when you're a chargers fanboy, it's NOT! now that we've established that you fit the description, my work here is done unless sanluis actually has something intelligent to add to the thread. . . . :wave:

I hate to break this to you, but having "winning experience" means very little. The Steelers SB players had very little if at all any players with SB rings. The Buc's had very little players with SB rings. Neither did the Colts, or the Ravens, or the Rams, in fact barring the Dynasty Patriots all the recent SB winners had very few SB winning players on their respective teams. And you still have to explain to me what SB rings have to do with winning a regular season accomplishement. Why don't you go ahead and try to do that now? You have a real hard time with this thing called reading comprehension. The Bengal's defense and SB wins (which I just proved wrong btw) have nothing to do with the winning AFC West team. Still I keep offering that sig bet, and you keep avoiding it.

Giving a team respect makes me a fanboy? So if I said that the Broncos have a very good secondary then I would be a Broncos fanboy? Ohhhh, I get it now. If anyone says anything positive about a team that they do not root for, or a team that is not the Broncos then they must be a fanboy of that team?

dogfish
09-22-2007, 09:13 PM
And you still have to explain to me what SB rings have to do with winning a regular season accomplishement. Why don't you go ahead and try to do that now?

you asked in an earlier post "Guys who know how to win are prevalent on the Broncos team huh? Just who on your team knows how to win?". . . i answered you-- i'm not gonna waste my time listing every player on the team that's won a piddly little division crown, i like to think bigger than that. . . ;) but i won't mention super bowls anymore after this post-- it's pointless when talking with bengals and chargers fans, that's unexplored territory for them. . .

I hate to break this to you, but having "winning experience" means very little. The Steelers SB players had very little if at all any players with SB rings. The Buc's had very little players with SB rings. Neither did the Colts, or the Ravens, or the Rams, in fact barring the Dynasty Patriots all the recent SB winners had very few SB winning players on their respective teams. You have a real hard time with this thing called reading comprehension. The Bengal's defense and SB wins (which I just proved wrong btw) have nothing to do with the winning AFC West team. Still I keep offering that sig bet, and you keep avoiding it.

why should i make a bet with you about who's going to win the AFC west? i already have a sig bet going with sanluis, i don't need to make any more with bengals fans-- if we're gonna rep "adopted" teams, we can bet on who's going to win the AFC south. . . i'll take the colts. . . :screwy: seriously, be man enough to represent your own team if you wanna make a sig bet! i'll betcha the broncos finish with a better record than the bungles, loser wears a sig of the winning team for two weeks. . . take it or leave it, ot stop asking me to bet on something i never claimed in the first place. . .

and if you leave it, remind again why a bungles fan has any room to be talking crap about a team that's better than yours, beat yours the last time we played, has won in the playoffs more recently than yours, has more championships than yours, and has a better record than yours right now. . . ??

:confused:

Poet
09-22-2007, 09:43 PM
you asked in an earlier post "Guys who know how to win are prevalent on the Broncos team huh? Just who on your team knows how to win?". . . i answered you-- i'm not gonna waste my time listing every player on the team that's won a piddly little division crown, i like to think bigger than that. . . ;) but i won't mention super bowls anymore after this post-- it's pointless when talking with bengals and chargers fans, that's unexplored territory for them. . .

why should i make a bet with you about who's going to win the AFC west? i already have a sig bet going with sanluis, i don't need to make any more with bengals fans-- if we're gonna rep "adopted" teams, we can bet on who's going to win the AFC south. . . i'll take the colts. . . :screwy: seriously, be man enough to represent your own team if you wanna make a sig bet! i'll betcha the broncos finish with a better record than the bungles, loser wears a sig of the winning team for two weeks. . . take it or leave it, ot stop asking me to bet on something i never claimed in the first place. . .

and if you leave it, remind again why a bungles fan has any room to be talking crap about a team that's better than yours, beat yours the last time we played, has won in the playoffs more recently than yours, has more championships than yours, and has a better record than yours right now. . . ??

:confused:

Because this is a SMACK TALK BOARD YOU IDIOT. Why does this forum exist? What is the point of it? To talk trash, and I saw an idiotic post and I smacked the idiot that made it. Was I supposed to respectfully agree? Was I supposed to ignore it? Why do you think someone would join a message board of another team and post only in the smack talk forum? As far as any room for me to talk, with that logic you would ban everyone who rooted for a team that missed the playoffs last year....oh wait the Broncos did not go either. Hey congratulations both our teams missed the playoffs. The Broncos won the game against the Bengals, congratulations. It was a good game and the Bengals had dumb penalties when it mattered, and they played like garbage on special teams. The Broncos are currently better then the Bengals, a whole two weeks in at that. The Bengals are not a very good franchise but I still rep my team. And I still diss stupid posts by stupid people. That is the point of this forum. You do know that right? WIth your logic if a Broncos poster said that Cutler is the best QB in the game I should not say anything about it because the Broncos are a better franchise than then Bengals. You sure are dazzling me with your wit. As far as my bet proposal, I offered it to show you that I am not just making stupid random claims (if you actually read the post that started the issue between you and I you would see that my argument is based off of facts and logical observations). Sure I will take your bet about our team records. And if they end up with the same record the tiebreaker will be which team made the playoffs. And if they both make the playoffs then the tiebreaker is who got farther. The funniest thing here is the fact that you think it makes sense for someone to only comment on their team. I did not adopt any team on this MB, I just said that the Chargers where going to win the division and gave reasons why I thought so. That line of thinking is god awful and it is blatantly obvious. Basically, with your "thought" process I would be adopting the Broncos if I said that I thought you would do well. Wait, no if I said that then I would be cool in your books, homer.

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 09:57 PM

Let me make this clear to you right now. We can talk a little smack but don't be foolish by starting something as childish as name. It will only cause you problem.

Poet
09-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Let me make this clear to you right now. We can talk a little smack but don't be foolish by starting something as childish as name. It will only cause you problem.

We can talk a little smack, and we can have sentences that actually make sense. :2thumbs:

If name calling is against the rules then I suppose I will discontinue that practice.

BigBroncLove
09-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah name calling is completely uncalled for. You can still talk smack without getting personal. If it is effecting you to the point that you feel the need to include comments like that, take a step back. Sanluis, besides having to talk smack about his own team, does it with a cooler head. There is no need to be personal whatsoever... there is plenty that can be said in the smack forum without including comments like "idiot" or any other thing that personally attack an individual.

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 10:06 PM
We can talk a little smack, and we can have sentences that actually make sense. :2thumbs:

If name calling is against the rules then I suppose I will discontinue that practice.

Yes there are. So I suggest you watch your mouth.

Poet
09-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Yes there are. So I suggest you watch your mouth.

Oooooh, a real internet tough guy. TXBRONC is going to make King87 watch his mouth, er wait he just "suggests" it. I hope you don't try to stand up brother, would be a shame for you to trip over your ego.:D

dogfish
09-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah name calling is completely uncalled for. You can still talk smack without getting personal. If it is effecting you to the point that you feel the need to include comments like that, take a step back. Sanluis, besides having to talk smack about his own team, does it with a cooler head. There is no need to be personal whatsoever... there is plenty that can be said in the smack forum without including comments like "idiot" or any other thing that personally attack an individual.

it's the last resort of people who have nothing else left to say. . . ;)

i, on the other hand, don't need to insult his intelligence-- his own posts speak far better than anything i could come up with!

Because this is a SMACK TALK BOARD YOU IDIOT. Why does this forum exist? What is the point of it? To talk trash, and I saw an idiotic post and I smacked the idiot that made it. Was I supposed to respectfully agree? Was I supposed to ignore it? Why do you think someone would join a message board of another team and post only in the smack talk forum? As far as any room for me to talk, with that logic you would ban everyone who rooted for a team that missed the playoffs last year....oh wait the Broncos did not go either. Hey congratulations both our teams missed the playoffs. The Broncos won the game against the Bengals, congratulations. It was a good game and the Bengals had dumb penalties when it mattered, and they played like garbage on special teams. The Broncos are currently better then the Bengals, a whole two weeks in at that. The Bengals are not a very good franchise but I still rep my team. And I still diss stupid posts by stupid people. That is the point of this forum. You do know that right? WIth your logic if a Broncos poster said that Cutler is the best QB in the game I should not say anything about it because the Broncos are a better franchise than then Bengals. You sure are dazzling me with your wit. As far as my bet proposal, I offered it to show you that I am not just making stupid random claims (if you actually read the post that started the issue between you and I you would see that my argument is based off of facts and logical observations). Sure I will take your bet about our team records. And if they end up with the same record the tiebreaker will be which team made the playoffs. And if they both make the playoffs then the tiebreaker is who got farther. The funniest thing here is the fact that you think it makes sense for someone to only comment on their team. I did not adopt any team on this MB, I just said that the Chargers where going to win the division and gave reasons why I thought so. That line of thinking is god awful and it is blatantly obvious. Basically, with your "thought" process I would be adopting the Broncos if I said that I thought you would do well. Wait, no if I said that then I would be cool in your books, homer.

blah, blah blah. . . you won't find me over on the patriots board saying "yea, you made the playoffs last year, but the colts are still better!". . .pretty damn weak IMO, but if that's how you gotta roll that's how you gotta roll. . .

bet accepted. . .

Poet
09-22-2007, 10:09 PM

I will respect the fules of the forum, but calling someone an idiot over the internet is hardly a personal attack. I mean if instead typed out "I highly disagree with this statement and I think that it lacks intelligence" I am hardly doing anything different.

Poet
09-22-2007, 10:12 PM

blah, blah blah. . . you won't find me over on the patriots board saying "yea, you made the playoffs last year, but the colts are still better!". . .pretty damn weak IMO, but if that's how you gotta roll that's how you gotta roll. . .

bet accepted. . .

But yet you have no real counter argument. Careful, you wouldn't really want to sound like you are ignoring the lack of content in your posts regarding me...whoops to late.

I am on the smack talk forum talking smack to someone who made a less then intelligent or knowledgable post. Yeah, my terrible intelligent arguments and I are doing soooooooooooo poorly.:first:

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I will respect the fules of the forum, but calling someone an idiot over the internet is hardly a personal attack. I mean if instead typed out "I highly disagree with this statement and I think that it lacks intelligence" I am hardly doing anything different.

Maybe by your standards its not but it is by the rest of world.

Poet
09-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Maybe by your standards its not but it is by the rest of world.

Actually I am correct. If I say your comment lacks intelligence it is a roundabout way of calling you an idiot or something along those lines.

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Actually I am correct. If I say your comment lacks intelligence it is a roundabout way of calling you an idiot or something along those lines.

No you're not even close. One is derogatory the other is not.

sanluis
09-22-2007, 10:22 PM
:argue:

LOL! This has taken a turn!

So are the old Chargers back? Sure if you mean the ones from last year that beat Denver like a drum and ran up 83 points in two games. Then sure these guys are back. They have been knocked up side the head by NE and have their old focus back.

Denver on the other hand is nothing like it's old self. With 12 new starters they will need time to come together. They have gotten lucky the first two games but things will be more difficult going forward. The O-line and D-lines need to step it up. Protection for Jay has been suspect and Henry has had few lanes to run in except for a couple of long runs. So while Denver has had a nice start the meat of the schedule is still in front of you. Jacksonville will be much more difficult to beat at home and should show if you are Broncos or phony Ponies.

Jay Cutler on Sundays----> :eek::ahhhhh:

Poet
09-22-2007, 10:25 PM
No you're not even close. One is derogatory the other is not.

Really, are you so sure? I knew I was right, but just to prove it here is what Dictionary.com has to say on this matter:de·rog·a·to·ry /dɪˈrɒgəˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-rog-uh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
tending to lessen the merit or reputation of a person or thing; disparaging; depreciatory: a derogatory remark.
[Origin: 1495–1505; < LL dérogātōrius cursing, equiv. to dérogā(re) (see derogate) + -tōrius -tory1]

—Related forms
de·rog·a·to·ri·ly, adverb
de·rog·a·to·ri·ness, noun

—Synonyms belittling, uncomplimentary, denigrating.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Saying that this comment lacks intellignece is a round about way of calling it stupid. Saying someone made a stupid comment definitely falls into the category of "tending to lessen the merit or repuation of a person or thing.

Poet
09-22-2007, 10:27 PM

i, on the other hand, don't need to insult his intelligence-- his own posts speak far better than anything i could come up with!

bet accepted. . .

The fact that you have no real counter argument speaks volumes in itself. I really hope that you are not the best this forum has to offer, that would would make it, oh wait I don't want to be derogatory. :cool:

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Really, are you so sure? I knew I was right, but just to prove it here is what Dictionary.com has to say on this matter:de·rog·a·to·ry /dɪˈrɒgəˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-rog-uh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
tending to lessen the merit or reputation of a person or thing; disparaging; depreciatory: a derogatory remark.
[Origin: 1495–1505; < LL dérogātōrius cursing, equiv. to dérogā(re) (see derogate) + -tōrius -tory1]

—Related forms
de·rog·a·to·ri·ly, adverb
de·rog·a·to·ri·ness, noun

—Synonyms belittling, uncomplimentary, denigrating.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Saying that this comment lacks intellignece is a round about way of calling it stupid. Saying someone made a stupid comment definitely falls into the category of "tending to lessen the merit or repuation of a person or thing.

I'm not going argue with you any further. If keep up there will be ramification is that now clear to you.

BigBroncLove
09-22-2007, 10:32 PM

I disagree completely. Lets look at a definition....

id·i·ot (ĭd'ē-ət)

1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

By saying somone lacks intelligence you are making a similar statement, but not nearly the same. The word idiot is used as an insult specifically. Saying someone lacks intelligence is not a nice statement, but it does not use an insult in the process. It also doesn't say someone has an intelligence level of a three year old. If you were to say "you have an intelligence level of a three year" that would also be a personal attack, and an insult, much like the word idiot is.

Fight in smack with knowledge, facs, and of course opinion. To use words like idiot, stupid, moronic, dribbling, blithering, dumb, nitwit, or any other similar word is infact a personal attack, and lacks class IMO. Adults talk, children scream. Insults IMO are much like screaming. It doesn't make much sense to use personal attacks like that. You don't get anything extra out of it, it just makes you look worse, and people will think less of your arguement because you lowered the level of the discussion...

My :2cents:

dogfish
09-22-2007, 10:33 PM
LOL! This has taken a turn!

So are the old Chargers back? Sure if you mean the ones from last year that beat Denver like a drum and ran up 83 points in two games. Then sure these guys are back. They have been knocked up side the head by NE and have their old focus back.

Denver on the other hand is nothing like it's old self. With 12 new starters they will need time to come together. They have gotten lucky the first two games but things will be more difficult going forward. The O-line and D-lines need to step it up. Protection for Jay has been suspect and Henry has had few lanes to run in except for a couple of long runs. So while Denver has had a nice start the meat of the schedule is still in front of you. Jacksonville will be much more difficult to beat at home and should show if you are Broncos or phony Ponies.

Jay Cutler on Sundays----> :eek::ahhhhh:

you're right, we need time to come together before we can really play our best ball-- good thing we're good enough to stockpile wins in the meantime, huh? if henry is leading the league in rushing with no lanes to run through (your words, not mine), guess what's going to happen when he starts getting them consistently? don't worry, though-- i'm sure that, even with no lanes to run through, LT can finish the season better than 39th on the rushing yards list, where he's at now. . . . :lol:

as for rivers. . . i agree completely with his evaluation of his own performance!

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2286/ncstatesphilipriversjb2.jpg

poor phil, choking under the weight of expectations. . .

sanluis
09-22-2007, 10:35 PM

Thanks!!! :D

Poet
09-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I disagree completely. Lets look at a definition....

By saying somone lacks intelligence you are making a similar statement, but not nearly the same. The word idiot is used as an insult specifically. Saying someone lacks intelligence is not a nice statement, but it does not use an insult in the process. It also doesn't say someone has an intelligence level of a three year old. If you were to say "you have an intelligence level of a three year" that would also be a personal attack, and an insult, much like the word idiot is.

Fight in smack with knowledge, facs, and of course opinion. To use words like idiot, stupid, moronic, dribbling, blithering, dumb, nitwit, or any other similar word is infact a personal attack, and lacks class IMO. Adults talk, children scream. Insults IMO are much like screaming. It doesn't make much sense to use personal attacks like that. You don't get anything extra out of it, it just makes you look worse, and people will think less of your arguement because you lowered the level of the discussion...

My :2cents:

I disagree with your assessment. I think you may be forgetting that this is an internet setting, on a forum that is dedicated to smack talk, or trash talking. If you say something and I say that I disagree and that I think that it lacks intelligence and we are participating in a classroom you would most likely be right. However, we are online, we are on a football message board in the trash talking forum. I mean the name of the forum is duck before entering, should that not make my point already? This is how I think of it, if I bump into and say excuse me you are going to know real fast whether or not I am saying it in an apologetic manner, or in a nasty threatening way. If I really said I disagree and that your statement lacks intelligence do you really think that I am politely disagreeing? Just my:2cents:

sanluis
09-22-2007, 10:46 PM
you're right, we need time to come together before we can really play our best ball-- good thing we're good enough to stockpile wins in the meantime, huh? if henry is leading the league in rushing with no lanes to run through (your words, not mine), guess what's going to happen when he starts getting them consistently? don't worry, though-- i'm sure that, even with no lanes to run through, LT can finish the season better than 39th on the rushing yards list, where he's at now. . . . :

as for rivers. . . i agree completely with his evaluation of his own performance!

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2286/ncstatesphilipriversjb2.jpg

poor phil, choking under the weight of expectations. . .

Dog what you drinking tonight? Domestic or one of them foreign Beers? :D

Me? I am have a nice cold Coors Light. Not half bad!

Well there will be no lanes when you stop playing division 3 teams! So Henry will be short circuited soon enough. And Poor Jay is used to playing behind five matadors but in the NFL that is just not good for ones health! ( 9er game)

Your concern for LTs stats are touching. He should break out by week five and retake the lead.

Rivers needs to pull his head out and make sure his belly button isn't fogged up! He is playing like crap! This too should improve real soon! I mean any one that can lead his team to 83 points and a come from behind win in Denver can't be half bad! ;):D

BigBroncLove
09-22-2007, 10:53 PM
I disagree with your assessment. I think you may be forgetting that this is an internet setting, on a forum that is dedicated to smack talk, or trash talking. If you say something and I say that I disagree and that I think that it lacks intelligence and we are participating in a classroom you would most likely be right. However, we are online, we are on a football message board in the trash talking forum. I mean the name of the forum is duck before entering, should that not make my point already? This is how I think of it, if I bump into and say excuse me you are going to know real fast whether or not I am saying it in an apologetic manner, or in a nasty threatening way. If I really said I disagree and that your statement lacks intelligence do you really think that I am politely disagreeing? Just my:2cents:

Yes, you are. When you say someones "statement lacks intelligence" you are saying what they said lacks intelligence. Saying someone is an idiot says that they as a person lack intelligence. Not even close to one another... If you said, "you lack intelligence" that is a polite way of stating a personal attack. Your two statements are wildly different, just ask a teacher, editor, writer, or anyone else who makes their living in words.....

And the arguement that online forum posts, and how you talk to someone in real life are two completely different things I find mildly comical. Just because this is a forum for disagreeing doesn't mean it's a forum to argue without civility... You can talk smack without rude comments. We are attacking each others teams, not each other, there is a massive difference..... If you can't see that, all I can do is :rofl:

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 10:54 PM

Apparetly you lack the understanding that there is a difference between talking smack and calling people name. Calling another poster an idiot doesn't fly here. If you can't handle that there are other options.

sanluis
09-22-2007, 11:00 PM
:focus:

Please!!!! :D

TXBRONC
09-22-2007, 11:09 PM
:focus:

Please!!!! :D

We thought you might need a reprieve from the beat down you've been taking. :laugh:

Poet
09-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, you are. When you say someones "statement lacks intelligence" you are saying what they said lacks intelligence. Saying someone is an idiot says that they as a person lack intelligence. Not even close to one another... If you said, "you lack intelligence" that is a polite way of stating a personal attack. Your two statements are wildly different, just ask a teacher, editor, writer, or anyone else who makes their living in words.....

And the arguement that online forum posts, and how you talk to someone in real life are two completely different things I find mildly comical. Just because this is a forum for disagreeing doesn't mean it's a forum to argue without civility... You can talk smack without rude comments. We are attacking each others teams, not each other, there is a massive difference..... If you can't see that, all I can do is :rofl:

I have a very firm grasping of the English language thank you very much. On a online message board when someone says that your statement lacks intelligence nine out of ten times they are insulting you. I am a member of multiple message boards both NFL related and not, and while this argument is opinional I am not just arguing to just argue. I can honestly tell you that this MB is the exception and not the rule if saying your argument or statement lack intelligence doesn't have a little "extra" meaning.

Poet
09-22-2007, 11:15 PM
1) I think there's a little bit of an overreaction to the "idiot" comment posted earlier. This is a smack forum, and not everyone is going to come in here all super polite and politely disagree with our posts. I think the psychotic stuff like following posters into other forums and delving into profiles to harass members should be bannable but otherwise then that we should just let it fly a little in here.

2)

Ohhh... let me try one.

and what if the Bungles went undefeated from here on out, won the Superbowl and stopped getting laughed at by every other fan in the league? :der:

what if games are always fun
:balloons:

The issue is that the Bengals don't get laughed at by the majority of the teams in the NFL. Trust me, I am well aware of that seeing how I represent my Bengals no matter our record. Now in ninties for the most part you would be correct sir. But after our second 8-8 year the Bengals started to get more respect, that as medicore as 8-8 is, mediocrity is a lot better then a good chunk of NFL teams as far as consistency goes. When you consider how many teams are consistent losers, and how many teams are consistently less then stellar or 8-8 themselves it is kind of shocking. Now I am not bragging about the 8-8 trend that is Cincinnati Bengal Football, I am saying it has been about 3 or 4 years since the Bengals where "laughed" at.

The difference is that my what if statement is a little more likely. I think the Bengals will barely make or miss the playoffs this year, and if they do they will most likely get trounced in the first round. But hey, better then the dark ages right?

BigBroncLove
09-22-2007, 11:18 PM
I have a very firm grasping of the English language thank you very much. On a online message board when someone says that your statement lacks intelligence nine out of ten times they are insulting you. I am a member of multiple message boards both NFL related and not, and while this argument is opinional I am not just arguing to just argue. I can honestly tell you that this MB is the exception and not the rule if saying your argument or statement lack intelligence doesn't have a little "extra" meaning.

That is the first time I've ever seen someone list how many boards they post on as a tool to speak of their experience.... :laugh:

This is a round about circle..... argue all you want, I think the majority has spoken.

sanluis
09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
We thought you might need a reprieve from the beat down you've been taking. :laugh:

LOL!! That will be the day! :D

Poet
09-22-2007, 11:22 PM
That is the first time I've ever seen someone list how many boards they post on as a tool to speak of their experience.... :laugh:

This is a round about circle..... argue all you want, I think the majority has spoken.

Probably because posting on a MB often is not relevant in arguments, this time it is however.:listen:

bengaaaaals1688
09-22-2007, 11:50 PM

Ok... now while I don't completely agree with King on all of his points... I will argue on him posting as a tool. I can personally vouch that he knows what he is talking about and that he posts intelligently.

Now... to get back to the topic... the Chargers are quite obviously a better team than they have been playing, and I fully believe it is Turner's fault that they haven't been playing up to that level.

BigBroncLove
09-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Ok... now while I don't completely agree with King on all of his points... I will argue on him posting as a tool. I can personally vouch that he knows what he is talking about and that he posts intelligently.

Now... to get back to the topic... the Chargers are quite obviously a better team than they have been playing, and I fully believe it is Turner's fault that they haven't been playing up to that level.

Well that's good praise coming from you bengaaaals, as I enjoy your posts, but I disagree that how many boards you visit is soemthing worth listing on a "resume" to complete an arguement. That's like me listing how many books I've read, which is why I'm a better reader then you! Talking on a board is pretty self explanatory. If you think posting on more boards means you have more validity on a subject like this, well we will have to agree to disagree.

As to Norv, I'm not so sure. The Chargers have played two very good defenses. Perhaps the two best in the league at the moment. I do feel I need more evidence before I throw Turner into the fire, but then I also enjoy looking at those Bolt offensive stats so far :D .

bengaaaaals1688
09-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Well that's good praise coming from you bengaaaals, as I enjoy your posts, but I disagree that how many boards you visit is soemthing worth listing on a "resume" to complete an arguement. That's like me listing how many books I've read, which is why I'm a better reader then you! Talking on a board is pretty self explanatory. If you think posting on more boards means you have more validity on a subject like this, well we will have to agree to disagree.

As to Norv, I'm not so sure. The Chargers have played two very good defenses. Perhaps the two best in the league at the moment. I do feel I need more evidence before I throw Turner into the fire, but then I also enjoy looking at those Bolt offensive stats so far :D .

I am not defending his using the number of message boards he has been on... my only point was he is not a troll. I don't think the number of message boards really does make someone better, though it is more practice with different types of people, but he isn't a troll. My definition of a troll is someone who posts just for the sake of saying something people aren't going to like because they don't have enough knowledge to actually speak intelligently on said topic.

I do thank you for that compliment as well.:salute:

Norv is a terrible head coach. That is all there is to it... put him as an OC and he's great, but he can't run a team and I think that will be the downfall of the Chargers this year. However, I do think they have too much talent to miss the playoffs.

BigBroncLove
09-23-2007, 12:19 AM
I am not defending his using the number of message boards he has been on... my only point was he is not a troll. I don't think the number of message boards really does make someone better, though it is more practice with different types of people, but he isn't a troll. My definition of a troll is someone who posts just for the sake of saying something people aren't going to like because they don't have enough knowledge to actually speak intelligently on said topic.

I do thank you for that compliment as well.:salute:

Norv is a terrible head coach. That is all there is to it... put him as an OC and he's great, but he can't run a team and I think that will be the downfall of the Chargers this year. However, I do think they have too much talent to miss the playoffs.

Well, that's understandable. I never let one thread make up my mind on a poster. Things can get heated sometimes, and I know I've posted some things that probably shouldn't have been in the past as well. However I don't think anyone was really attacking him as a poster, but rather his conduct in this thread. I'm sure he appreciates your going to bat for him though :D

In the end though, that does all boil down to opinion, like much of what is posted in the "duck before you enter" board. However, as far as this board goes, what I get from the posts is that the prevailing opinion is insults should be left out of discussions like this, much like BM. At least that's what I get from it, but then that goes hand in hand with my opinion, so maybe I'm being prtty subjective at the moment :cool:

On Turner, I can only hope you're right! I was hoping the coaching exodus in SD would have serious effetcs on the Chargers this year, and if Turner is a reason for the worsening conditions in SD, I would have to think the new OC and DC's there are part of the problem.

One thing is for sure, I'm happy to see the Broncos at the top of the West for at least this week! :D

bengaaaaals1688
09-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Well, that's understandable. I never let one thread make up my mind on a poster. Things can get heated sometimes, and I know I've posted some things that probably shouldn't have been in the past as well. However I don't think anyone was really attacking him as a poster, but rather his conduct in this thread. I'm sure he appreciates your going to bat for him though :D

In the end though, that does all boil down to opinion, like much of what is posted in the "duck before you enter" board. However, as far as this board goes, what I get from the posts is that the prevailing opinion is insults should be left out of discussions like this, much like BM. At least that's what I get from it, but then that goes hand in hand with my opinion, so maybe I'm being prtty subjective at the moment :cool:

On Turner, I can only hope you're right! I was hoping the coaching exodus in SD would have serious effetcs on the Chargers this year, and if Turner is a reason for the worsening conditions in SD, I would have to think the new OC and DC's there are part of the problem.

One thing is for sure, I'm happy to see the Broncos at the top of the West for at least this week! :D

I won't lie... there have been many a time when I have called someone a moron, an idiot, or something of the like when in smack on a board and responding to a post. I personally don't see anything extremely wrong with it, but the board I posted on primarily, almost everyone called each other moron and idiot at some point. It was just an accepted thing. Now, to not go off topic again... hopefully lol

The Broncos... can be on top of the West all they want... the Bengals will be on top of the NFL by February.:D

BigBroncLove
09-23-2007, 01:12 AM
I won't lie... there have been many a time when I have called someone a moron, an idiot, or something of the like when in smack on a board and responding to a post. I personally don't see anything extremely wrong with it, but the board I posted on primarily, almost everyone called each other moron and idiot at some point. It was just an accepted thing. Now, to not go off topic again... hopefully lol

The Broncos... can be on top of the West all they want... the Bengals will be on top of the NFL by February.:D

top o the NFL? They would natrually be after the Broncos of course..... but I have Palmer in my FF league, so they can drive drive drive down the field all they want :D (especially since they won't be playing the Broncos)

Poet
09-23-2007, 01:13 AM

I never once insinuated that the fact that I belong to multiple MBs means I am better then you. Reading Comprehension is a beautiful thing. I used it to support my argument. Give me a break, I guess if I want to get a response from someone on this MB that isn't filled with....oh wait I don't want to be derogatory....

BigBroncLove
09-23-2007, 01:16 AM
I never once insinuated that the fact that I belong to multiple MBs means I am better then you. Reading Comprehension is a beautiful thing. I used it to support my argument. Give me a break, I guess if I want to get a response from someone on this MB that isn't filled with....oh wait I don't want to be derogatory....

Wow :laugh: great way to take a post out of context. If you read my post I said use the number of boards you belong to "to complete an arguement", not in reference to you being "better" in any way or form....

I thought you said you had this whole english language thing down? :confused: :rofl:

EDIT: And just incase you are taking my example of why that would be a bad arguement (my reading comment), that IMO is a perfect example of how you meant it. You said you belonged to many MB's, and that this board was the exception and not the rule. Therefor your "obvious" greater experience on other boards and how they are run should hold sway on how this board is run. Just as I was eluding to the fact that it is akin to saying just as I've read more books, I should know more about reading..... similar enough for me :coffee:

bengaaaaals1688
09-23-2007, 01:27 AM
top o the NFL? They would natrually be after the Broncos of course..... but I have Palmer in my FF league, so they can drive drive drive down the field all they want :D (especially since they won't be playing the Broncos)

Well... we will be winning the SB...;)

And we will meet you in the playoffs... and obviously manhandle you.:cool:

BigBroncLove
09-23-2007, 01:35 AM
Well... we will be winning the SB...;)

And we will meet you in the playoffs... and obviously manhandle you.:cool:

Gotta get past the toughest division in the AFC, and the league IMO. The Browns are improved, baltimore is pretty darn good (especially that D), and Pittsburgh looks scary this year. You got that O though, and that reciever core once you get troubled Henry back will be one of the scariest in the league. I will be watching the AFC North with much interest this year...

And what's this man handle thing? If by man handle you mean try and give us hugs after we steam roll you in the playoffs, then kudos to you and the lovable tiggers! :D :D

bengaaaaals1688
09-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Gotta get past the toughest division in the AFC, and the league IMO. The Browns are improved, baltimore is pretty darn good (especially that D), and Pittsburgh looks scary this year. You got that O though, and that reciever core once you get troubled Henry back will be one of the scariest in the league. I will be watching the AFC with much interest this year...

And what's this man handle thing? If by man handle you mean try and give us hugs after we steam roll you in the playoffs, then kudos to you and the lovable tiggers! :D :D

Yeah we do have to get past that, and we will. We may have played horrendously last week, but I have complete faith in us winning it all.

This manhandle thing... is us tearing apart both your offense and your defense in the playoffs and absolutely demolishing you on our way to the SB. Don't worry, we won't rub it in like those mean old Patriots did to the Chargers last year.:laugh:

BigBroncLove
09-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Yeah we do have to get past that, and we will. We may have played horrendously last week, but I have complete faith in us winning it all.

This manhandle thing... is us tearing apart both your offense and your defense in the playoffs and absolutely demolishing you on our way to the SB. Don't worry, we won't rub it in like those mean old Patriots did to the Chargers last year.:laugh:

I go away for a few months and all these posters start suffering from delusions of granduer.... :nixon:

Gotta hope those stripes on your team don't turn into the jail stripes from last year before ya start talking SB . Then you have to hope your long snapper will give you a good snap on those XP :lol:

But in the end I'll enjoy watching you eat those words as the Broncos stampede all over the ugly step child of the AFC North.... (and thanks for bringing back those great memories of the PAts beating the bolts in the playoffs :five: )

Poet
09-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Wow :laugh: great way to take a post out of context. If you read my post I said use the number of boards you belong to "to complete an arguement", not in reference to you being "better" in any way or form....

I thought you said you had this whole english language thing down? :confused:

EDIT: And just incase you are taking my example of why that would be a bad arguement (my reading comment), that IMO is a perfect example of how you meant it. You said you belonged to many MB's, and that this board was the exception and not the rule. Therefor your "obvious" greater experience on other boards and how they are run should hold sway on how this board is run. Just as I was eluding to the fact that it is akin to saying just as I've read more books, I should know more about reading..... similar enough for me

I said that it was the exception and not the rule as far as insults goe. Seriously, it was not me bragging, or saying that im "smart" because of it. It was a general observation. But sure keep making me out to be this bad guy, that has to be the only conclusion that you boys can come to because I disrespected the Broncos :tsk::tsk:

bengaaaaals1688
09-23-2007, 02:53 AM
I go away for a few months and all these posters start suffering from delusions of granduer....

Gotta hope those stripes on your team don't turn into the jail stripes from last year before ya start talking SB . Then you have to hope your long snapper will give you a good snap on those XP :lol:

But in the end I'll enjoy watching you eat those words as the Broncos stampede all over the ugly step child of the AFC North.... (and thanks for bringing back those great memories of the PAts beating the bolts in the playoffs :five: )

Going away caused delusions of grandeur?? I am very sorry, you know you can go to therapy to help that.;)

Hey... our long snapper spent the whole off-season learning how to snap correctly. He will never botch another one.

So you guys are going to beat the Steelers for us?? Thanks, as long as we get to beat you, you can do whatever you want to the Steelers.:elefant: