PDA

View Full Version : so which cb's and rb's do we cut ?

T.K.O.
08-30-2010, 11:37 AM
there is no way we can let perrish cox OR "my man" syd'quan thompson go !
neithert would last an hour on waivers....so who do we cut ?
also lance ball had an impressive 7.5 ypc to lendale whites uhh.....1.8 i believe.
bruce hall did himself no favors,so i think white and hall are gone assuming things are progressing well with buck and moreno (i hear moreno will be ready for jax game)
goodman looked great and champ is ....champ.
will mcD be able to take the heat by releasing alphonso smith to make room for a 5th rounder ?
no matter how you slice it,this past draft is looking like we got some great players !
it's going to be a rough week for some guy's with some very difficult choices for the coaching staff and F.O.:salute:

SOCALORADO.
08-30-2010, 11:45 AM
I highly doubt White goes anywhere. Simply because he was somewhat productive against PITS 1st team defense. He also is returning from injury, and its his 1st game.
PITT knew DEN was trying to establish the run, and they were going after White.
I think Hall is gone myself. Who knows, maybe White gets cut. Could happen.
And Alphie should be gone, but we'll see.

BroncoWave
08-30-2010, 11:47 AM
I think Hall and Vaughn definitely both go to the PS.

underrated29
08-30-2010, 11:53 AM
we did not give white a 2-3 year deal to cut him.

fargas is gone, hall is gone to the ps, ball might make it but it will be close.

knowshon, buck, white, ball <--maybe?

cb we have:
bailey,goody,nate,cox,alph,syd, vaugh to the ps

dbs we have:
dawk,hill,bruton,mcbath

And I do not know, people seem to think we make a trade with one of our cbs for a stud LB, but really i do not see that happening at all.

muse
08-30-2010, 11:59 AM
I reckon we keep 6 CBs. White will start the season on the roster exempt list, so Ball will definitely be there for the first 4 weeks, if not beyond. I think McD has plans for him as a 3rd down back.

Bosco
08-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Tony Carter got released, so we essentially have the CB position figured out. Six of them stay, with Vaughn going to the practice squad.

DenBronx
08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I think Bruce Hall and Justin Fargas will both get cut.

RB's: Lance Ball is playing very good right now and seems to have the hot hand. We could have a really nice RBBC with Moreno, Bucky, Ball and White. LenDells primary focus is short yardage. We won't see him with a high YPC average but he will get the tough 1 or 2 yards we need for the first or in touchdowns in goal line situations. IMO, that's a huge need in the redzone. Lance Ball seems to be alot like Buckhalter but alot tougher, very fast and agile.

CB's: I think we only keep 5. Champ, Cox, Goodman, Smith and Thompson. Nate will possibly the odd man out. There's too much talent between Cox and Thompson to let either one of those guys go. Noway McDaniels lets his golden child Alphie Smith go after burning the 14th overall pick in the 2010 draft for him unless he can somehow trade him for a linebacker.

But don't forget about the heated WR battle.

I think Llyod has won a chance to be the starter for now. He has solid hands and is a very good route runner. Reminds me a little of Rod Smith but with better leaping ability. DT, Gaffney and Royal both make the squad hands down. Then Willis is playing very well too. Decker has shown flashes. He had the one easy catch that he dropped that stalled the drive but he's a rookie and this is what preseason is all about for these guys, learning from your mistakes and he did so by catching a 3 yard TD last night. So I think we keep LLyod, Gaffney, Royal, Thomas, Willis and Decker.

Sad to say, Stokely really could get cut. We are really deep at WR right now and we could choose to continue with the youth movement especially after maybe keeping so many DB's. I'm not sure if Stokely or anyone else has any trade value at the moment but there are alot of teams in need of a WR at the moment.

I Eat Staples
08-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I hope Fargas doesn't get cut, but he really hasn't looked good yet. Personally, I'd keep him around because I know he's shown flashes of being good before, and cut Ball and Hall who have never shown anything in a regular season game.

Buff
08-30-2010, 02:44 PM
TKO, paragraphs are your friend.

BroncoWave
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM

As is using capital letters.

T.K.O.
08-30-2010, 02:54 PM

and if this thread was in the lounge ,i would respond with something clever like "and a pair of n*%$ are YOUR friend" but i'm way too classy for that:laugh:

T.K.O.
08-30-2010, 02:56 PM
;)i have been told that i'm either too lazy or too creative and brilliant to worry about grammar....i vote all 3

Buff
08-30-2010, 03:06 PM
and if this thread was in the lounge ,i would respond with something clever like "and a pair of n*%$ are YOUR friend" but i'm way too classy for that:laugh:

But that wouldn't really make sense given my huge pair of balls. Let's try to stay on topic. :salute:

G_Money
08-30-2010, 03:47 PM
I've met Buff. He definitely has a large sack. :nod:

Of course, it's on his forehead, but nobody's perfect. :D

Personally I'd cut Smith. He's been an unmitigated disaster. He can't cover, can't keep up on deep routes, can't tackle...even if he was just gonna play special teams like Bruton I'd need him to hit or tackle.

But I doubt we're gonna cut Phonz. He was a first-rounder in cost, so he'll get a first-rounder's chances (like Moss) unless he just CAN'T be kept. Cox is a lock, and Jones and Thompson are trying to write their names on the depth chart in pen too.

I agree that Cassius Vaughn is a PS player, and Vargas and Hall are both gone.

White'll be here, as will Ball. BTW, anybody else enjoying Hillis running for the Browns like he's in the playoffs and trying to murder defenders in August? Stupid friggin'...no, let's definitely trade him for Quinn.

Still, they'll appreciate him in Cleveland. And Ball at least looks like a gutty player. Somebody's gotta move the chains on third down and short, and neither Buckhalter nor Moreno are the healthiest of players.

~G

shank
08-30-2010, 03:55 PM
^ i miss hillis. i wonder if McD does...

T.K.O.
08-30-2010, 04:11 PM
But that wouldn't really make sense given my huge pair of balls. Let's try to stay on topic. :salute:

leave them alone for a couple days and the swelling should subside,if not consult a physician:elefant:

tubby
08-30-2010, 04:12 PM
I would gain much respect for McD if he cuts #22. Or better yet, trades him.

Northman
08-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Keepers

DB's:
Bailey
Goodman
Cox
Thompson
Smith (i would rather keep Davis but because of the draft selection on Smith i dont see McD cutting him loose)

RB's:
Moreno
Buckhalter
White
Lance Ball

T.K.O.
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Keepers

DB's:
Bailey
Goodman
Cox
Thompson
Smith (i would rather keep Davis but because of the draft selection on Smith i dont see McD cutting him loose)

RB's:
Moreno
Buckhalter
White
Lance Ball

sounds about right to me

Northman
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Personally I'd cut Smith. He's been an unmitigated disaster. He can't cover, can't keep up on deep routes, can't tackle...even if he was just gonna play special teams like Bruton I'd need him to hit or tackle.

Shhh, ive been told that he was impressive last night. :listen:

I Eat Staples
08-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Shhh, ive been told that he was impressive last night. :listen:

I watched the entire game and only one time did I think "wow Smith actually did something productive". And I think it was on a corner pass rush.

Northman
08-30-2010, 04:32 PM
I watched the entire game and only one time did I think "wow Smith actually did something productive". And I think it was on a corner pass rush.

He made a nice play on the ball in which he got called for PI which i thought was bogus. But yea, the fact he cant tackle pretty much tells me what i need to know about him. It wouldnt be a stretch to say he isnt worthy of keeping around.

*Atwater*
08-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Well Fargas is now gone.

Broncos released RB Justin Fargas.

Fargas, 30, managed just 17 yards on 10 preseason carries, exhibiting little to no burst. Lance Ball was clearly the better player, and will hang around as a third-stringer. Bruce Hall is also being kept over Fargas."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=786

I Eat Staples
08-30-2010, 05:05 PM
He made a nice play on the ball in which he got called for PI which i thought was bogus. But yea, the fact he cant tackle pretty much tells me what i need to know about him. It wouldnt be a stretch to say he isnt worthy of keeping around.

Oh yeah, I remember that play. And that was a horrible call. The NFL usually saves those type of calls for regular or post season Steelers games.

rcsodak
08-30-2010, 06:23 PM
I hope Fargas doesn't get cut, but he really hasn't looked good yet. Personally, I'd keep him around because I know he's shown flashes of being good before, and cut Ball and Hall who have never shown anything in a regular season game.
It was either ball or hall than ran for 100+ for indy in a game. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
08-30-2010, 06:26 PM
^ i miss hillis. i wonder if McD does...

who?

Dean
08-30-2010, 08:00 PM
who?

Exactly. . . Mcd never realized that he was on the team until he was looking for a trade to get Brady.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I highly doubt White goes anywhere. Simply because he was somewhat productive against PITS 1st team defense. He also is returning from injury, and its his 1st game.
PITT knew DEN was trying to establish the run, and they were going after White.
I think Hall is gone myself. Who knows, maybe White gets cut. Could happen.
And Alphie should be gone, but we'll see.

I agree, none of our others backs could've done what White did last night. Keying to stop the run, they still never got him for a loss. He got either 0 or + yardage on every play. They had that shotgun draw played perfectly but he still bulled his way into the endzone. Like him or not, Lendale is exactly what this team needs for short yardage.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I would gain much respect for McD if he cuts #22. Or better yet, trades him.

That's what I was thinking. Dangle him in front of the Ravens and see if they'll part with a 4th or 5th round pick.

Lonestar
08-30-2010, 08:28 PM
He made a nice play on the ball in which he got called for PI which i thought was bogus. But yea, the fact he cant tackle pretty much tells me what i need to know about him. It wouldn't be a stretch to say he isn't worthy of keeping around.

Not many CBs are great tacklers, especially coming out of college. IF everyone is doing there job theirs is to bat balls out of the air OR pick it off.
The only reason Champ is a great tackler is he has been in DEN to long. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He was wise to get a incentive built into his contract for playing the run so effectively :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

just kidding.