PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Moreno is back to practice

Spiritguy
08-30-2010, 11:20 AM
PostBroncos #Broncos Blog: Moreno to practice this week http://dpo.st/9jl0gH

Edit: here is a snip from Mike Klis (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/30/moreno-to-practice-this-week/4833/) (I know) In his postgame comments, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels indicated starting tailback Knowshon Moreno would practice this week. Moreno’s primary backup, Correll Buckhalter, returned to practice on a limited basis last week but did not play in the preseason game Sunday night against Pittsburgh.

Spiritguy
08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
You guys are surprising me today. I was sure there would be a few comments to this news. If nothing else a smart a** comment about it being about damn time or something. :laugh:

LTC Pain
08-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Aroooga! it's about damn time! Go KM!

Bosco
08-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Glad to see him back.

soonerjh
08-30-2010, 07:32 PM
I can't wait to see what he can do this year!!!

rcsodak
08-30-2010, 07:33 PM
You guys are surprising me today. I was sure there would be a few comments to this news. If nothing else a smart a** comment about it being about damn time or something. :laugh:
no no no .......what u'll get is "THEY BETTER NOT RUSH HIM BACK TOO SOON!".....
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BeefStew25
08-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Hopefully he doesn't get squished! HAhaha!

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Looks like Moreno will be our starting RB. White and Buckhalter might have a battle for # 2 in their depth chart.

Italianmobstr7
08-31-2010, 01:21 AM
Looks like Moreno will be our starting RB. White and Buckhalter might have a battle for # 2 in their depth chart.

Not for at least the first 4 weeks and probably not at all.. White looked okay, but I'll bet Bucky will look good again this year.

bcbronc
08-31-2010, 01:31 AM
Not for at least the first 4 weeks and probably not at all.. White looked okay, but I'll bet Bucky will look good again this year.

I don't think it will be a true #2, #3 on the depth chart, but rather they'll be used situationally. Bucky more to give Moreno a breather, White as a change of pace guy, short yardage, redzone.

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2010, 03:08 AM
I don't think it will be a true #2, #3 on the depth chart, but rather they'll be used situationally. Bucky more to give Moreno a breather, White as a change of pace guy, short yardage, redzone.

White could move to fullback position.

Lonestar
08-31-2010, 03:46 AM
Why would they want to move him to the FB position is he a great blocker like larsen.

Or why would they want to move away from the spread offense where running is secondary to the pass.

rcsodak
08-31-2010, 08:57 AM
you into rherorical questions now, jr? Lol

Sconnie Bronco
08-31-2010, 09:07 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if White turns out to be better and then not play as much as Moreno.

I hope Moreno is good this year but thats really up in the air.

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 09:20 AM
This is welcomed news. I hope this means he'll be ready for the season opener.

broncofaninfla
08-31-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm hoping the kid proves me wrong, right now I feel he's the second to third best RB on the team. Bucks better but made of glass, jury is still out on White.

Slick
08-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Hopefully he runs like he stole something this year.

I think he lacks burst and has poor vision.

Sconnie Bronco
08-31-2010, 10:56 AM

I think it hurt him when he bulked up. He played at around 210 in college and bulked up to almost 220 last year. Anytime you bulk up and you dont have elite speed to begin with, youre rolling the dice.

He doesnt seem as fluid as he was in college.

Lonestar
08-31-2010, 11:22 AM
I have seen nothing to suggest he WAS anything over 210 pounds. And by years end WAS probably closer to 200.

It WAS his rookie year and like ALL rookies they hit a wall.

He still lead the NFL as a rookie rusher just not sure why anyone WAS bitching about anything.

Considering he WAS a rookie, his oline sucked (not designed for PBS), he WAS learning the speed of players in the NFL.

Let's see how he does as a sophomore before relagating him to being traded or a bench rider.

Sconnie Bronco
08-31-2010, 11:29 AM
I have seen nothing to suggest he WAS anything over 210 pounds. And by years end WAS probably closer to 200.

He still lead the NFL as a rookie rusher just not sure why anyone WAS bitching about anything.

Considering he WAS a rookie, his oline sucked (not designed for PBS), he WAS learning the speed of players in the NFL.

Let's see how he does as a sophomore before relagating him to being traded or a bench rider.

Im not going to spend all day looking for it but he had bulked up to around 217 lbs.

OldschoolFreak
08-31-2010, 11:46 AM

No kidding...

I never understood why people are so hard on the kid. A bunch of negative Nancies if you ask me.

Yeah, I would have liked to see a few more game breaking runs; getting to the open field; safeties with broken ankles from the sharpness of the cut; etc. But the points JR made cannot be overlooked.

I think the kid has promise to not only be better than last year but to actually put some fear in opposing defenses.

2nd or 3rd best back on the team, please. He dominated college football's best conference for years for a reason.

I for one back the kid big time. Go Knoshon!

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 11:50 AM

Last year Moreno wasn't alway runner patient and down the stretch without Buckhalter to take some carries I think he hit the proverbial rookie wall.

rcsodak
08-31-2010, 12:05 PM
.....agent advised holdout....injury....piss poor blocking oline....wall. All adds up to inconsistency, missed assignments, fumbles and 900+yds.

underrated29
08-31-2010, 12:09 PM
.....agent advised holdout....injury....piss poor blocking oline....wall. All adds up to inconsistency, missed assignments, fumbles and 900+yds.

dont forget too the top teams we played. Almost all of them were playoff teams.

cincy,balt,dal,pit,ne,nyg,colts,boltsx2

But I have laid my case for knowshon is a stud. Some people just are pissed we didnt go defense and therefore hate the player. He will prove wrong though!

broncofaninfla
08-31-2010, 12:21 PM
I can't help but think the kid is another Peter Warrick but I hope a get served a healthy dose of crow for thinking that. Buck was effective behind the same O line Moreno stumbled into and Buck didn't go down on arm tackles like Moreno consistently did. Granted Moreno was a rookie last year and is running out of excuses just hard for me to cut the first RB taken a break when I've seen undrafted RB's like Mike Bell cut it up in thier first year.

Lonestar
08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Im not going to spend all day looking for it but he had bulked up to around 217 lbs.

So he bulked up to "almost 220" does not mean he played at it for more than a few games it at all once the regular season started. the rigors of the NFL and all

Knowshon Moreno | #27 | RB

Denver Broncos | Official Team Site

Height: 5-11 Weight: 210 Age: 23

Born: 7/16/1987 Belford , NJ

College: Georgia

Experience: 2nd season

High School: Middletown-South HS [NJ]
http://www.nfl.com/players/knowshonmoreno/profile?id=MOR120768

MORENO AT A GLANCE:
• A second-year running back who led all 2009 NFL rookies in rushing yards (947), yards from scrimmage (1,160) and touchdowns (9) with Denver, becoming the 14th player in the league since the 1970 merger to accomplish that feat.
• Tied for third in the Associated Press’ NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year voting and was a consensus All-Rookie selection in 2009 as only the fifth Bronco in team history to lead all league rookies in rushing yards.
• Registered an NFL rookie-best six 80-yard rushing games in 2009 with that total tying for third in Denver annals by a rookie in addition to posting the sixth-most yards (947) by a rookie rusher in Broncos history.
• Earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors during his two years at the University of Georgia, posting 2,734 rushing yards that ranked first in the SEC, sixth in the nation and second among the country’s underclassmen from 2007-08.
• Averaged 105.2 rushing yards per game at Georgia and joined Herschel Walker (1980-82) as the only Bulldogs in school history to post 1,000 rushing yards in consecutive seasons.
• Received several All-America honors and was a finalist for the Doak Walker Award (nation’s best running back) as a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2008, totaling 1,400 rushing yards (5.6 avg., 16 TDs) that led the SEC and ranked 11th in the nation.
• Selected by the Broncos in the first round (12th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.

MORENO AT A GLANCE:
• A second-year running back who led all 2009 NFL rookies in rushing yards (947), yards from scrimmage (1,160) and touchdowns (9) with Denver, becoming the 14th player in the league since the 1970 merger to accomplish that feat.
• Tied for third in the Associated Press’ NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year voting and was a consensus All-Rookie selection in 2009 as only the fifth Bronco in team history to lead all league rookies in rushing yards.
• Registered an NFL rookie-best six 80-yard rushing games in 2009 with that total tying for third in Denver annals by a rookie in addition to posting the sixth-most yards (947) by a rookie rusher in Broncos history.
• Earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors during his two years at the University of Georgia, posting 2,734 rushing yards that ranked first in the SEC, sixth in the nation and second among the country’s underclassmen from 2007-08.
• Averaged 105.2 rushing yards per game at Georgia and joined Herschel Walker (1980-82) as the only Bulldogs in school history to post 1,000 rushing yards in consecutive seasons.
• Received several All-America honors and was a finalist for the Doak Walker Award (nation’s best running back) as a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2008, totaling 1,400 rushing yards (5.6 avg., 16 TDs) that led the SEC and ranked 11th in the nation.
• Selected by the Broncos in the first round (12th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.

CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Denver as a draft choice 8/8/09.

2009: Selected by the Broncos in the first round (12th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft, Moreno played 16 games (9 starts) for Denver and totaled 247 rushes for 947 yards (3.8 avg.) with seven touchdowns along with 28 receptions for 213 yards (7.6 avg.) with two scores... Become the 14th player since the 1970 NFL merger to lead all rookies in rushing yards (947), yards from scrimmage (1,160) and touchdowns (9)... Named an All-Rookie selection by the Professional Football Writers Association/Pro Football Weekly as well as The Sporting News... Tied for third in the Associated Press’ NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year voting... Led the league with four Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week honors... Became only the fifth Bronco in team history to lead league rookies in rushing yards... Finished the year with the sixth-most rushing yards and the sixth-most yards from scrimmage by a rookie in Broncos history... Posted the most 80-yard rushing games by a league rookie for the year with six that tied for the third most by a rookie in club annals...Totaled the fourth-most touchdowns by a Broncos rookie... Posted a career-high 97 yards on 18 carries (5.4 avg.) at Was. (11/15)... Had two rushing scores at K.C. (12/6) and vs. K.C. (1/3).

COLLEGE: Moreno played 26 career games (19 starts) at the University of Georgia, totaling 498 rushes for 2,734 yards (5.5 avg.) with 30 touchdowns along with 53 receptions for 645 yards (12.2 avg.) with two scores... Earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors during both years at Georgia while his 2,734 rushing yards led the SEC in addition to ranking sixth in the nation and second among the country’s underclassmen from 2007-08... Started all 13 games for Georgia as a sophomore, totaling 250 carries for 1,400 yards (5.6 avg.) and 16 touchdowns along with 33 receptions for 392 yards (11.9 avg.) and two scores in 2008... Received consensus first-team All-SEC honors and was tabbed a second-team All-American by the Associated Press and the Walter Camp Foundation... Led the SEC and ranked 11th in the nation in rushing yards... Became just the second Georgia player to rush for 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons (Herschel Walker, 1980-82)... Played 13 games (6 starts) as a redshirt freshman, rushing 248 times for 1,334 yards (5.3 avg.) with 14 touchdowns while making 20 catches for 253 yards (12.6 avg.) in 2007... Finished with six 100-yard rushing games, including five consecutive 100-yard outings late in the year... Earned first-team All-SEC honors and was named to his conference’s All-Freshman team... Honored as SEC Freshman of the Year (league coaches, The Sporting News) after placing second in the SEC in rushing yards while leading the nation’s freshmen in that category... Redshirted as a true freshman.

PERSONAL: Moreno finished his high school career at Middletown South High School in Middletown, N.J., as the state’s all-time leader in total touchdowns (128) and scoring (782 pts.)... Ranked second in New Jersey history with 6,268 career rushing yards... Led his team to three state titles... Rushed for 1,808 yards on 185 carries (9.8 avg.) and had 43 touchdowns in 10 games as a senior... First name is a combination of his father’s nickname (Knowledge) and his mother’s name (Varashon)... Majored in housing at the University of Georgia... Knowshon Moreno was born on July 16, 1987, in Belford, N.J.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Knowshon-Moreno/4de0c3d9-088e-487e-a5a6-49426a440304

:salute:

why are we even talking about this?

claymore
08-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Moreno has been McD's best draft pick. Mcbath is the only other competition.

Slick
08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't hate the kid U29, I just don't think he's that good.

I would love to be wrong.

claymore
08-31-2010, 12:57 PM
I don't hate the kid U29, I just don't think he's that good.

I would love to be wrong.

U29 is a GREAT kid Slick. Give him a chance.

BigDaddyBronco
08-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Exactly, I don't hate him, I want him to be a stud. But.......

RB is one position where rookies can shine, he was just ok. That, and I hated where we drafted him. You can get a lot of good backs in the late 1st or 2nd round, we needed defensive players. Think if we would have picked Orakpo and Ayers instead of Moreno and Ayers.....

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
U29 is a GREAT kid Slick. Give him a chance.

Clay I'm going to guess you had a big bowl of smartass this morning. :lol:

claymore
08-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Clay I'm going guess you had big bowl of smartass this morning. :lol:

Im feeling onery.

TXBRONC
08-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Im feeling onery.

I noticed. :D

dogfish
08-31-2010, 02:21 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Why would they want to move him to the FB position is he a great blocker like larsen.

Or why would they want to move away from the spread offense where running is secondary to the pass.

LOL, you got the answer. :D

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2010, 05:01 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno is practicing for the first time since hurting his right hamstring on the first day of training camp Aug. 1.

Moreno, who remains No. 1 on the team's depth chart, pronounced himself "80-some percent" healed from the injury. It's unlikely he'll play in the Broncos' preseason finale at Minnesota on Thursday, however.

Coach Josh McDaniels said he isn't worried about Moreno being OK for the regular season without a training camp because he went through something similar last season as a rookie, when he held out at the start of camp and then sprained a knee in his first preseason game.

Tuesday marked the first day Denver's top three tailbacks were on the field together.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5516486

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Will Knowshon Moreno carry load in opener?

The Denver Broncos' running back crew is as healthy as it has been all training camp, but it is still not in a perfect situation.

Denver has to be pleased that starter Knowshon Moreno is on the mend. Moreno practiced for the first time since suffering a hamstring injury on the first full day of training camp about 30 days ago. Moreno said he is about 80 percent healthy. With the season opener at Jacksonville 12 days away, Moreno could be close to being at full strength.

The issue is Moreno may be a bit rusty when the team faces the Jaguars. I’m sure he won’t be overworked in the meantime to protect his injury. So it may be asking a lot of him to carry a huge load in the opener.

Denver’s No. 2 and No. 3 backs, Correll Buckhalter and LenDale White (who will serve a four-game suspension to start the season) are also getting back to health. I would not be surprised at all if the Broncos, who cut Justin Fargas on Monday, look for a veteran running back to help with depth.

That search could begin with Derrick Ward, who was just cut by Tampa Bay. The Broncos studied Ward during free agency last year, so it could be a fit.

Meanwhile, Denver coach Josh McDaniels made a surprising call that the starters will play some Thursday at Minnesota. Usually, starters wear baseball caps on the sideline in the preseason finale.

McDaniels told reporters that neither Tim Tebow nor Brady Quinn has separated himself in the chase to be the No.2 quarterback and they will compete for the spot this week.For what it’s worth, I expect Tebow to be the No. 2 quarterback for Denver on most game days.

This one has to sting Denver: Detroit traded offensive lineman Tyler Polumbus to Seattle for a late-round pick. The Lions claimed Polumbus off waivers from Denver last week. Way to flip a player, Detroit.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16384/will-knowshon-moreno-carry-load-in-opener

weazel
08-31-2010, 05:22 PM
championship!!