PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or....

Neversummer672
08-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Is it just me or does fox love the steelers tonight, it seems all they did was talk about the steelers.

atwater27
08-29-2010, 10:03 PM
i think they were talking about the Steelers because that was one of the teams in tonight's tournament.

Neversummer672
08-29-2010, 10:04 PM
i think they were talking about the Steelers because that was one of the teams in tonight's tournament.

Nah more than usual, usually when I team is winning they always talk about that team but tonight it was more about Pittsburgh

honz
08-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Pittsburgh has a huge following and has won 2 Super Bowls very recently. The Broncos have won 1 playoff game in the last 11 years. You do the math. It hasn't been THAT bad though.

nevcraw
08-29-2010, 10:12 PM
it's just you..

KCL
08-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Probably would have been the same way if Denver had been playing the Pats...some teams and certain players get discussed more than other teams.
Wait til the actual season starts.

Ravage!!!
08-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Personally... I'm thinking it was just you. I kjnow a lot of fans listen so intently to the announcers, expecting everything talked about to be about the Broncos, and when its not.....they feel as though we got "ripped" in fair air time. Every team in every sport at every level has fans that say the same thing.

CrazyHorse
08-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Is it just me or does fox love the steelers tonight, it seems all they did was talk about the steelers.

I don't know, but I hate the Stealers. They rank up there with the Patriots, Chargers, and Raiders, in terms of loathing.

gobroncsnv
08-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, the halftime stuff was all us... the QB's... truthfully, I thought it was pretty balanced.

sneakers
08-29-2010, 11:30 PM
stupid Queerlers

Shazam!
08-29-2010, 11:47 PM
It seems to me the past 4 years or so all the commentators do is cream over Denver's opponents...

This is what happens when your team is mediocre. During 96-98 they used to sweat the Broncos big time (we all loved it), even in games they weren't playing.

Like when John Lynch was on with them he immediately was addressing the Steelers. Sure he spent time with Tomlin in camp, but the game was in Denver and he was a Bronco. Then when asked about Pitt's season, it 'all depends on Ben Burger...' REALLY?! Fascinating analysis there John.

Then they were RAVING about Dennis Dixon... like he was the backup QB sent from Heaven... then all of a sudden he sucked terribly and went from Jesus to a cockroach to them in 15 minutes.

They also referred to Tebow's play as a 'Mixed Bag' at the end highlights, when he played decently enough and rebounded quickly from a bad INT.

Commentators are AWFUL. No matter who they are, ex-player or no, they dumb themselves down to say what they think people want to hear.

**** 'em. I mute the tv more often than not during games.

DenBronx
08-29-2010, 11:51 PM
don't be ninny babies. :elefant:

all ive heard is tebow, orton, tebow...so relax. espn and haselbeck praised us.

Dzone
08-29-2010, 11:52 PM
buck and aikman were good. lynch was good.
They all were loving tebow.

Lonestar
08-30-2010, 12:07 AM
IMO Joe Buck is one of the absolute best annoucers in the NFL he is also a damned fine Baseball guy .

I would listen to him announce BB even though listening to or watching on TV is boring as hell.

Troy well he was a cowgirl therefore a moron.

Tempus Fugit
08-30-2010, 12:15 AM
It seems to me the past 4 years or so all the commentators do is cream over Denver's opponents...

This is what happens when your team is mediocre. During 96-98 they used to sweat the Broncos big time (we all loved it), even in games they weren't playing.

Like when John Lynch was on with them he immediately was addressing the Steelers. Sure he spent time with Tomlin in camp, but the game was in Denver and he was a Bronco. Then when asked about Pitt's season, it 'all depends on Ben Burger...' REALLY?! Fascinating analysis there John.

Then they were RAVING about Dennis Dixon... like he was the backup QB sent from Heaven... then all of a sudden he sucked terribly and went from Jesus to a cockroach to them in 15 minutes.

They also referred to Tebow's play as a 'Mixed Bag' at the end highlights, when he played decently enough and rebounded quickly from a bad INT.

Commentators are AWFUL. No matter who they are, ex-player or no, they dumb themselves down to say what they think people want to hear.

**** 'em. I mute the tv more often than not during games.

Throwing short yardage outs into the ground and tossing a very bad interception along with his positive play would constitute a "Mixed bag" in the minds of many, so I don't see any problem with the wording, myself.

Shazam!
08-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Throwing short yardage outs into the ground and tossing a very bad interception along with his positive play would constitute a "Mixed bag" in the minds of many, so I don't see any problem with the wording, myself.

He's a rookie. He wasn't awful. Couldve been worse. He did make some nice throws too. I think mixed bag was a little harsh, but hey I'm a homer sometimes...