PDA

View Full Version : Big money FF team rating please.

underrated29
08-29-2010, 09:04 PM
I like it!! Big money league i am in 12 teams.
6pts all tds
1pt 25 pass
1 pt 10 rush/rec

MUST draft 2qb,4rb,5wr,2te,2k,2d

Heres my awesome team

Rodgers, Orton
Wayne, jennings, mike wallace, dereck mason, muhammad massaqoui
pierre thomas,lesean mccoy,michael bush, jerome harrison
Owen daniels, Jermaine gresham
gostowksi (ne), buehler (dal)
Bolts defense, washington defense.

what ya think?

SR
08-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Aaron Rodgers is a lock as a top five QB as long as he stays healthy. I'm not a fan of owning QBs and WRs on the same time, but having Jennings is also good. Reggie Wayne is a given. Mike Wallace is an okay number two WR. Mason and Massaqoui probably aren't gonna get you a whole lot. Your running backs are weak. Pierre Thomas is a question mark only because NO doesn't run the ball a lot. McCoy may have a solid year. Bush is hurt. Might as well waive him because the ticker on NFLN earlier said he might be back by week eight. Harrison may or may not see a lot of playing time. Your TEs are good. Your kickers are good. San Diego's defense is a good choice.

I don't know about your league, but on flea flicker Ryan Matthews (the new starting RB for SD) isn't on the player listing yet, but he is an early candidate for ROY in my mind and I think he'll probably be good for over a thousand yards and at least 8-10 TDs.

underrated29
08-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Aaron Rodgers is a lock as a top five QB as long as he stays healthy. I'm not a fan of owning QBs and WRs on the same time, but having Jennings is also good. Reggie Wayne is a given. Mike Wallace is an okay number two WR. Mason and Massaqoui probably aren't gonna get you a whole lot. Your running backs are weak. Pierre Thomas is a question mark only because NO doesn't run the ball a lot. McCoy may have a solid year. Bush is hurt. Might as well waive him because the ticker on NFLN earlier said he might be back by week eight. Harrison may or may not see a lot of playing time. Your TEs are good. Your kickers are good. San Diego's defense is a good choice.

I don't know about your league, but on flea flicker Ryan Matthews (the new starting RB for SD) isn't on the player listing yet, but he is an early candidate for ROY in my mind and I think he'll probably be good for over a thousand yards and at least 8-10 TDs.

Thanks man....

I think pierre and mccoy will have good years....Where did you see this about BUSH? Everywhere I have read says he is maybe going to be ready by week 1. Not week 8...I know the ravens wr is out til week 8 with a broken something but NFL.com, cbs.com, and raiders.com all he is a "good chance" to make the opener. Now I do not plan on using him as my #1 for the opener, but if he is probable for week 1. Then he will be good when I need him. Its his thumb afterall, not an ankle.

Ryan mathwes is a going to be a stud this year. He was taken before I got to make my 2nd pick.

Skinny
08-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Very nice work UR. Solid team.

SR
08-30-2010, 05:48 AM
UR, you're right about Bush. It was the BAL receiver I was thinking of. His name was right after Bush's on the ticker. I think you have a solid team BTW.

dogfish
09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
i would've waited to round two for a quarterback-- i don't think rodgers is necessarily all that much better than brees, manning or brady, and i think you're going to struggle at running back other than mccoy. . . JMO. . .

solid team otherwise. . .

having to pick two kickers would just piss me off. . . :lol:

sometimes i don't even draft one. . .

do they actually make you keep that roster configuration all year?

if not, i'd drop gresham and buehler for more RB depth in a hot minute. . .

slim
09-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Not bad overall.

I don't like your RBs though and those are usually the difference makers...IMO.

underrated29
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
i would've waited to round two for a quarterback-- i don't think rodgers is necessarily all that much better than brees, manning or brady, and i think you're going to struggle at running back other than mccoy. . . JMO. . .

solid team otherwise. . .

having to pick two kickers would just piss me off. . . :lol:

sometimes i don't even draft one. . .

do they actually make you keep that roster configuration all year?

if not, i'd drop gresham and buehler for more RB depth in a hot minute. . .

Rd 1 had manning, brees, rogers, brady, romo
Rd 2 had rives, schaub---neither of which i trust over rodgers.
Qbs- are the biggest scorers in our league, do not forget too that rogers out scored cj2k last year in most leagues..Ours is QB heavy.

And yes, we have to draft and maintain rosters exactly all year or we get DQd. It sucks but makes the league really competative and adds a lot more to the strategy that one has when drafting...Drop/adds are $5 each and trades are $10. So how you draft really determines how well you do.

for shits sake I checked FA Rbs- kevin jones is the only 1 i like. There is also run dmc and marshawn lynch, tashard choice, lenwhale.....Pickings are slim.

I agree it is an issue, but I have 4 starters and I am counting on my QB and WR to provide me the majority of my points. Plus I pick my players regarding schedule, so while bush is not a huge name he has a nice playoff schedule. Lets just hope it all works out.