PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Game Day Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Game is tonight at 8 PM EST on FOX. Hopefully our starters can survive 3 quarters without any major injuries!

GO BRONCOS!

Nomad
08-29-2010, 12:10 PM
:beer:BTB!

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:defense:

Shazam!
08-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Can't wait. First Broncos preseason game I get to see.

Go :defense:

Jaws
08-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Got a good feeling about this one. Go Broncos!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Game is tonight at 8 PM EST on NBC. Hopefully our starters can survive 3 quarters without any major injuries!

GO BRONCOS!

Correction - game will be nationally televised on FOX

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 12:39 PM

My mistake. Thanks Carol! :beer:

Nomad
08-29-2010, 01:02 PM

Just curious, why FOX? SNF is usually on NBC and if anything these are two AFC teams which usually plays on CBS!!

I know, I know.....except it because that's just the way it's going to be!!:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Just curious, why FOX? SNF is usually on NBC and if anything these are two AFC teams which usually plays on CBS!!

I know, I know.....except it because that's just the way it's going to be!!:lol:

I thought the same thing, as these are two AFC teams playing - :whoknows:

Ravage!!!
08-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Go Broncos... I hope I'm back in time to see the game. Its nice to actually have the chance to see them play..... DVR rocks

broncophan
08-29-2010, 01:22 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!!.....Enjoy the game everyone....

Bronco9798
08-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Be so nice to get the preseason over with. This should at least be an interesting game for the first 2 quarters!! Hopefully Orton keeps playing like he has.

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.steelersgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/broncos_steelers.jpg

If there was ever a great time to pull off some blitz packages, it is the 3rd game where teams actually game plan a bit for their opponent. It is against an offensive line that has been porous against the pass rush so far this preseason.

I want to see some pressure in the form of a blitz sometime this preseason. Come on we want to see some football not a bunch of vanilla from this defense.

Northman
08-29-2010, 01:36 PM

If there was ever a great time to pull off some blitz packages, it is the 3rd game where teams actually game plan a bit for their opponent. It is against an offensive line that has been porous against the pass rush so far this preseason.

I want to see some pressure in the form of a blitz sometime this preseason. Come on we want to see some football not a bunch of vanilla from this defense.

Your pretty much going to get what you see mate. The defense still just isnt that good.

SR
08-29-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the game. I'd like to see Royal get some more balls thrown his way and I'd also like to see Decker get some snaps with the first team offense. Any word on whether or not Tebow is gonna suit up for this one? I haven't been paying much attention to anything this week. Work pretty much consumed my whole week.

broncophan
08-29-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the game. I'd like to see Royal get some more balls thrown his way and I'd also like to see Decker get some snaps with the first team offense. Any word on whether or not Tebow is gonna suit up for this one? I haven't been paying much attention to anything this week. Work pretty much consumed my whole week.

not sure....but I thought I read where he did practice on Wed.....

enjoy the game....

topscribe
08-29-2010, 02:11 PM

I thought the same thing, as these are two AFC teams playing - :whoknows:

IIRC, I think I read something a while back about Fox winning a SNF contract.
Nothing definite - just seems to ring a bell . . . :noidea:

-----

topscribe
08-29-2010, 02:14 PM

I'm sure we're going to see more sophisticated schemes tonight on both sides
of the ball. For this reason, I am very concerned for Orton's health with two
youngsters playing on his blind side. We will probably see a lot of TE chipping
over there tonight . . .

-----

JaxBroncoGirl
08-29-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm sure we're going to see more sophisticated schemes tonight on both sides
of the ball. For this reason, I am very concerned for Orton's health with two
youngsters playing on his blind side. We will probably see a lot of TE chipping
over there tonight . . .

-----

Same here, my thoughts exactly. I am going to pay more attention tonight on both OL and DL. I would like Orton to have time to set up and execute the play, so again "Will Sea", hope everyone in Denver has a great time watching the game, I will be down here watching it and once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO Broncos:beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 02:41 PM
My guess as to why the game tonight will be televised nationally on FOX - not on NBC - after checking the tv schedule for tonight, the Emmy Awards are on NBC tonight at 6:00 MST, and I would imagine therefore, FOX was given the game, as they also carry NFL games - if NOT, once again - :whoknows:

Nomad
08-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Is Tebow or Moreno playing tonight?? Where does a person find the inactive list??

slim
08-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I am very excited. This will be the first Bronco game I have ever watched. I just hope Tebow plays!!!

Bozo Jr.
08-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh we are playing Pittsburgh? Consider it an easy win. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Is Tebow or Moreno playing tonight?? Where does a person find the inactive list??

I have checked Lindsay Jones, nothing so far. I thought I once read where inactives are submitted 1 hour before game time.

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/08/29/what-to-watch-broncos-steelers/#more-1050

DENVER – There’s plenty to examine tonight, but above all, here’s three areas to watch tonight as the Broncos face the Steelers …

WHO’S ON THE RUN? It could be Correll Buckhalter, although he acknowledged as he returned to practice that being ready for tonight might not be possible. “I’m a little older now, so I don’t know if I can just jump right in,” he said last Tuesday. “I have to take it day-by-day and work myself in.”

That could place the spotlight squarely on LenDale White tonight — assuming he’s healthy enough to play after missing the last two weeks. White practiced Wednesday and Thursday in an orange “no-contact” jersey but was in a regular white jersey Friday — as was Buckhalter.

The Broncos know what they’ll get with Buckhalter, and he doesn’t necessarily need the preseason work to be ready for Week 1. With White, it’s a different story; he was not in a training camp before the Broncos signed him in early August and is after an unstable offseason that included a trade to — and release from — Seattle, he needs to show his worth to justify a place on the roster after he serves his four-game suspension.

Among the other three runners — Justin Fargas, Bruce Hall and Lance Ball — someone needs to step up. Hall and Ball had their moments last week. For Hall, the moment was an outstanding fourth-quarter series, where he ran with decisiveness and power. Ball overcame a tip-drill interception that skipped off his hands to catch a touchdown pass from Kyle Orton.

PASS RUSH FROM OLBs: Jarvis Moss turned in a stellar performance last week, dominating the Lions during the third quarter. But most of that work was at the expense of second- and third-teamers. Tonight, Moss is expected to play extensively with the first unit. Another good night in pass rush — especially with some snaps expected to come against the fleet Dennis Dixon — could put the Broncos at ease as they continue to compensate for the loss of Elvis Dumervil.

The other question on the pass rush revolves around how well Moss and Robert Ayers can complement each other. Their builds, skill sets and roles are different, but Ayers already has a sack and multiple pressures in three quarters of first-team work so far this summer.

THE LEFT SIDE OF THE LINE: At the start, it’s expected to consist of Zane Beadles at left tackle and Stanley Daniels at left guard. This isn’t an indictment on Beadles’ play at left guard, where he’s started the last two weeks; rather, it’s a chance for the Broncos to get a look at Beadles at his college position and see whether he can fill in for Ryan Clady should the need arise.

“With any player, it’s always good to have someone who can do different things – whether it’s a guy that can play both guard and center or tackle and guard,” offensive line coach Clancy Barone said. “It always makes your job easier as a football coach.”

The need for left tackle depth is key; even if Clady plays at Jacksonville in two weeks, he might not be able to take every snap. Further, moving the first-team left guard out to left tackle is a trait of the Patriots-originated offensive system. Carolina, whose offense is coordinated by ex-New England assistant Jeff Davidson, moved left guard Travelle Wharton to left tackle when its Pro Bowl tackle (Jordan Gross), broke his leg last November.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 04:28 PM
From Lindsay:

# All of those guys I listed shouldn't be playing tonight. Only guy in that group that practiced this week was Buckhalter. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Also, Demaryius Thomas. My colleague Mike Klis is blogging all about it. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Players out working with the conditioning coach 3 hours pregame: Clady, Buckhalter, Moreno, Stokley, R. Quinn. 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# 3 hours before kickoff. Tons of Steelers jerseys in Invesco parking lot. Not that I'm surprised... 23 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

honz
08-29-2010, 04:29 PM
As far as I know from reading tweeter and blogs, Moreno is definitely not playing and Tebow is being unofficially classified as doubtful by people in the know. It sounds like Moreno's first action will be the season opener, which is probably smart when recovering from a hamstring injury.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
More Lindsay:

# #Broncos Blog: Stokley looks good http://dpo.st/dAdc7g half a minute ago via dlvr.it

# Doubt it. McD doest like to show his hand RT @Skotty_Payne: could we some of the "Tebow Packages" tonight with the first team? half a minute ago via TweetDeck

# Dan Graham is out jogging on the field in workout clothes. We haven't seen him since 1st Q vs. Cincy 2 weeks ago. less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# Maybe. Though even if he dresses, will be very limited reps after starters out RT @welcome2boise: that a sign that Tebow WILL play? less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos Blog: Knowshon, D-Thomas don’t look close http://dpo.st/bH8FvI 3 minutes ago via dlvr.it

HORSEPOWER 56
08-29-2010, 04:45 PM
we're getting our first "W" tonight, I can feel it. :werd:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 05:04 PM
More Lindsay:

# Kyle Orton and Troy Aikman having a chat near midfield. Aikman calling the game for Fox. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

# Enjoying my friend @karawarner 's live Emmy coverage. FCHS Spilled Ink alums doing alright! 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

honz
08-29-2010, 05:12 PM
TEBOW ALERT:

@PostBroncos: Tebow is on the field now taking some warm up throws. Leads me to believe he'll dress tonight. But no official word yet. 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

@PostBroncos: Tebow just called out to Maurkice Pouncey as the Pittsburgh OL took a lap. Pouncey and Tebow starters together at UF 07-09. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

broncobryce
08-29-2010, 05:15 PM
That would be dope if Tebow played, but NOT if he gets hurt worse.

BroncoDiva87
08-29-2010, 05:16 PM
:welcome: Hi Guys... Yes its getting Close to that time again and I'm resurfacing!! LOL :laugh: Its cool that our game is Televised, I have a Fantasy Football Draft During that time! OH well, Time to Multi-task!

slim
08-29-2010, 05:36 PM
TEBOW ALERT:

@PostBroncos: Tebow is on the field now taking some warm up throws. Leads me to believe he'll dress tonight. But no official word yet. 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

@PostBroncos: Tebow just called out to Maurkice Pouncey as the Pittsburgh OL took a lap. Pouncey and Tebow starters together at UF 07-09. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Yes!!!

I hope Tebow plays tonight!! :pray:

BroncoDiva87
08-29-2010, 05:38 PM
SWEEEEET!:elefant:

gnomeflinger
08-29-2010, 05:40 PM
I've got my game day t shirt on, and my Broncos earrings in my ears. I'm ready!

T.K.O.
08-29-2010, 05:50 PM
looks like tebow will play...
The Broncos are less than two hours from their nationally televised preseason showdown against Pittsburgh. Many players have taken the field in shorts and t-shirts as they prepare to close out the preseason slate at INVESCO Field at Mile High.

In the last several hours, players including Champ Bailey, Brandon Stokley, Ryan Clady and Knowshon Moreno have gone through light workouts with Broncos strength and conditioning staffers.

The stands are beginning to fill up with fans, and Gray Caldwell is currently down on the field snapping pictures of the pregame action to be added in this space soon.

4:20 p.m. MDT A pair of quarterbacks have spent time out warming up so far. Kyle Orton went through some light tossing and finished with a few deep balls to operations staffers before heading back into the locker room. Tim Tebow has been out tossing passes to Britt Davis for 15 minutes or so. Tebow, who did not play in last weekend’s preseason game against the Lions due to injury, warmed up and then sent his wide out through a series of routes.

4:41 p.m. MDT: Most of the Broncos have returned to their locker room, leaving the field for the visitors. One Bronco still warming up is Eddie Royal, who is catching short passes from wide receivers coach Adam Gase.

- Eric Detweiler, DenverBroncos.com

honz
08-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes!!!

I hope Tebow plays tonight!! :pray:
Even if he plays, he's not gonna play that much. Maybe half a quarter or so.

BroncoDiva87
08-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Even if he plays, he's not gonna play that much. Maybe half a quarter or so.

I don't care... I just want to see him Play.. I haven't really seen him play all that much:salute:

BroncoJoe
08-29-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm just ready for some Broncos' football.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Good news here:

PostBroncos: That's a good source right there RT @gunner247: Bob #Tebow just told me Tim will play tonight. @PostBroncos @onlygators

topscribe
08-29-2010, 06:06 PM
The Kyle Orton Show is next on KOA 850 radio . . .

http://www.850koa.com/pages/listen.html

-----

honz
08-29-2010, 06:08 PM
BREAKING TEBOW NEWS:

@PostBroncos: All three Broncos quarterbacks on the field in uniform. Yes, Broncos (and Gator) fans, Tim Tebow is active tonight. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

T.K.O.
08-29-2010, 06:08 PM
GO BRONCOS !!!!!!

http://photobucket.com/images/go%20broncos/?page=3

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 06:14 PM
From Lindsay:

# Looking forward to seeing what White can do with this opportunity. Needs to prove himself worthy of a spot on the roster in Week 5. less than 10 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# LenDale White is active tonight. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

nbenallo33
08-29-2010, 06:15 PM
cant wait....... i cant wait... I CANT WAIT!!!!!! :salute::salute::salute::salute:

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Per the Broncos official Facebook page:

Zane Beadles will start at LT, Stanley Daniels at LG, Russ Hochstein at RG, Riar Geer at TE and LenDale White at RB.

Broncos not expected to participate: Stokley, Bailey, Carter, Moreno, Buckhalter, McBath, Clady, D. Thomas, Graham, Dumervil and Reid

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 06:29 PM
More Lindsay:

# LenDale White is listed as the starting tailback tonight. less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# Zane Beadles will start at LT tonight, w/ Stanley Daniels at LG. Hochsteins starts at RG for Kuper (ankle). half a minute ago via TweetDeck

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Orton could be running for his life behind that o-line tonight.

Buff
08-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Who the **** is Stanley Daniels?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 06:40 PM
http://twitter.com/MaxBroncos/statuses/22476427982

Not in uniform: WRs Stokley, Thomas; CBs Bailey, Carter; TEs Graham, Quinn; OLs Kuper, Clady; S McBath; RBs Moreno, Buckhalter, LB Dumervil. 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

From Lindsay:

Brian Dawkins is not listed among the players out tonight .... but he's not on the field with the team, either. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

spikerman
08-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Are any starters playing tonight?

honz
08-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Are any starters playing tonight?

1st team will be playing 2-3 Q's...at least those that are healthy.

Nevermind, I think you made a funny.

spikerman
08-29-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't think I like the idea of Orton playing behind a patchwork offensive line. They should just have one of the running backs take the snaps since he may be running for his life all night anyway.

spikerman
08-29-2010, 06:45 PM
1st team will be playing 2-3 Q's...at least those that are healthy.

Yeah, sorry. I meant are any healthy enough to play?
I knew the starters were scheduled to play into the 2nd half. My fault for not being more clear. :beer:

honz
08-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah, sorry. I meant are any healthy enough to play?
I knew the starters were scheduled to play into the 2nd half. My fault for not being more clear. :beer:
Yeah, I was a touch too slow on the uptake.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 06:55 PM
From Lindsay:

# #Broncos Blog: LenDale White to start http://dpo.st/a6Lh7A less than 10 seconds ago via dlvr.it

# RT @ProLinkSports: Looking forward to John Lynch in booth tonight with FOX "A" team during Broncos-Steelers. Did Bucs-Jags last nite in TB less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# Skydivers parachuting in the stadium tonight. (None of them are Shannon Sharpe, sadly) 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Groin. Looked good running early, but they won't rush him. RT @shamika21_2011: what is up with Stokely? 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Interesting that Riar Geer is listed as the starting TE in place of Graham, and not Branson or R. Quinn, who are both active tonight. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Nick
08-29-2010, 06:56 PM
can someone send me a link for tonight's game?

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Come on Broncos. Pre season or not come on. :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 06:58 PM
:salute:GO BRONCOS :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 06:59 PM
can someone send me a link for tonight's game?

It's being nationally televised on FOX

broncophan
08-29-2010, 07:02 PM
ok......let's go broncos!!!!!

BroncoNut
08-29-2010, 07:05 PM
alright here we go

MadMax
08-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Hmmm, the initial broadcast from fox shows quite a bit of yellow in the stands.:mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 07:06 PM
From Lindsay:

# Captains tonight: Orton, Gaffney, Haggan, Hochstein, DJ Williams, Woodyard less than 5 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# Hometown boy LenDale White is the last player introduced for the Broncos 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

soonerjh
08-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Lets Rock Broncos!

BroncoWave
I'll take that start!

DenBronx
Hmmm, the initial broadcast from fox shows quite a bit of yellow in the stands.:mad:

most of those are the yellow throw backs we wore last year.

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Nice start

DenBronx
08-29-2010, 07:09 PM
thats my boy eddie!!!

AND 1!

nevcraw
08-29-2010, 07:10 PM
feels like a real game..

nice eddie..

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
That was a great job selling the run by Orton.

Glad to see him find Royal for the first completion. :beer:

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Nice catch

broncohead
08-29-2010, 07:12 PM
good catch in traffic by lloyd

DenBronx
lookin good

Jagsbch
What a great game McDaniels is calling. He is really pounding the rock on this drive.

nevcraw
08-29-2010, 07:13 PM
show us the redzone improvements!!!!!!!!!

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 07:13 PM
It's being nationally televised on FOX

Got it here in Jacksonville Florida~!!

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 07:15 PM
OK, now let's punch it in!

Elevation inc
you know daniel graham is really missed in the run game.....we need him back...riar greer and branson just arent great at blocking.....

JDL
Hmmmm... Walton blew the initial block before he cut open Farrior (not dirty)... There have been a couple... let's hope we can convert here.

FanInAZ
Touchdown!

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 07:16 PM
People can STHU about McD not running enough now.

Zweems56
08-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Was that really just a rushing TD? Say it ain't so.

DenBronx
08-29-2010, 07:17 PM
white gives the salute! white gives the salute!!!!!!

:salute::salute::salute:

JDL
Be kinda nice if White could take a number in the 30s... he just doesn't look right wearing Tatum Bell's old number.

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute:TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS :salute:

:salute:LENDALE :salute:

Elevation inc
ooooo that was a nice pound...good push

soonerjh
that was a solid drive, couple penalties helped

Jagsbch
6/2 run to pass ration against the Steelers?:eek:

McDaniels is setting a physical tone for this game.

Guess he still feels the hurt from last seasons loss and plans on dishing out that pain right back in a big way.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 07:18 PM
People can STHU about McD not running enough now.

Hard to run if your starting RBs are all hurt

Northman
Good TD run but we still need to establish a serious running game. Before that we werent getting crap. And i dont know what it is but so far in the preseason defenses have been hitting us late all over the place. WTH.

Elevation inc
Hmmmm... Walton blew the initial block before he cut open Farrior (not dirty)... There have been a couple... let's hope we can convert here.

walton had nothing to do with that cut...riar greer pushed farrior from behind and when his helmet came off if you watch closely you will see lendale whites helmet makes contact with farriors head if im not mistaken....

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 07:19 PM
6/2 run to pass ration against the Steelers?:eek:

McDaniels is setting a physical tone for this game.

Guess he still feels the hurt from last seasons loss and plans on dishing out that pain right back in a big way.

We have not been able to run yet because of injuries - he needs to see what he's got

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Lmao! oh shit.

FanInAZ
Not good

Overtime
great defense guys, just great. way to give up a big play on the steelers first snap. we're in for a long long season.

BroncoWave
Mike Wallace is going to explode this year. Glad I got him on my fantasy team.

Jagsbch
Wallace being picked with what was a Broncos selection is something that ressonated with me on that last play.

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Now thats a RB.

BroncoWave
great defense guys, just great. way to give up a big play on the steelers first snap. we're in for a long long season.

And we can count on you to be here to tell us about it! :rolleyes:

camdisco24
D looks a little rusty right now...

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:22 PM
D looks a little rusty right now...

They shouldnt be.

camdisco24
08-29-2010, 07:23 PM
They shouldnt be.

seriously... they look terrrible

broncohead
08-29-2010, 07:23 PM
the steelers didnt' collapse the left side of the line Moss didn't stay honest and tried crashing down the line and left that side wide open

Zweems56
08-29-2010, 07:24 PM
On that mendenhall spin and cutback, Ayers set the edge wonderfully if I may say so myself.

Northman
Good job Wink.

Denver Native (Carol)

Not in uniform: WRs Stokley, Thomas; CBs Bailey, Carter; TEs Graham, Quinn; OLs Kuper, Clady; S McBath; RBs Moreno, Buckhalter, LB Dumervil. 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Also NO DAWKINS

OrangeHoof
Let me get this right. Fox Sports is bragging about showing the game with "coaches film" dist-o-vision? There's a reason tv doesn't show you the play like that - because the players are so distant, it is hard to tell what is going on.

Coaches dig it because they want to see what all 22 guys on the field are doing but it makes for bad tv because the action is more difficult to follow.

Buff
08-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Why the hell is Wink wearing a purple tie-dye shirt?

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Steelers stopped themselves

Northman

Tribute to Jake Plummer?

broncohead
On that mendenhall spin and cutback, Ayers set the edge wonderfully if I may say so myself.

Agreed. DJ did a nice job of filling the hole inside. Moss gave up the edge on the other side

BroncoWave
Our defense has held tough in the red zone all preseason. That is encouraging.

Denver Native (Carol)
OK - after that 1st long pass - 3 is NOT BAD

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:27 PM
OK - after that 1st long pass - 3 is NOT BAD

Its early.

camdisco24
A discouraging Defensive start ends with a encouraging redzone stop.

BroncoWave

He's wearing this shirt:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4193040&cp=2237587.2245835&view=all&page_bucket=0&PAGES_PER_BUCKET=10&num_buckets=2&pageType=family&pageType=family&pageNum=1&pageDisplay=actfam&totalProductsCount=97&hasPagination=false&int_prevBucket=-1&PRODUCTS_PER_PAGE=9&showSizeSearch=false&int_nextBucket=0&pageCount=11&parentPage=family

I think it's pretty badass myself. I plan on getting one.

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 07:28 PM
That was a great time out. Way to adjust to what was obviously going to be a pass play. McDaniels calling one hell of a game...

OrangeHoof
08-29-2010, 07:28 PM
A rainbow! Good omen?

Overtime
08-29-2010, 07:29 PM

Also NO DAWKINS

what do Stokely, Thomas, Graham, Quinn, Kuper, Clady, Moreno and Buckhalter have to do with the Defense????!?!?!?! :confused:

if all we're missing is Dumervil (who will be out the majority of the season), McBath, Bailey, Carter, and Dawkins, and we're having this much problem defending the pass and the run, we have big problems.

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Man, these teams love each other.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
08-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Finally, I get to see some Bronco 'ball again. Even though it is pre-season...

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Orton is slicing their D up so far.

Northman
Orton looking great but i would like to see a few passes down the field.

camdisco24
Lloyd will be key for us this year.
I can tell already.

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Lloyd will be key for us this year.
I can tell already.

He's not afraid to catch in traffic which is HUGE.

Zweems56
08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
He's not afraid to catch in traffic which is HUGE.

Its funny how true this statement is considering what a finesse receiver Lloyd is, and how thin he is.

BroncoNut
yeah, Lloyd's looking good. Lendale not bad, the O-line seems to be struggling

FanInAZ
Yes, White does have a TD run. However, he only has 11 yards on 6 carries, that's terrable

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 07:34 PM
I should have posted the previous earlier!

Northman
Nice, finally. Take a page out of Shanny's book.

Denver Native (Carol)
GREAT run by LenDale :elefant::elefant::elefant:

nevcraw
rumble big boy rumble

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Yes, White does have a TD run. However, he only has 11 yards on 6 carries, that's terrable

Have you seen who our starting o-line is?

Jagsbch
That was a great cutback by white on the first down run. Seeing it in slow motion was nice...

Northman
Its funny how true this statement is considering what a finesse receiver Lloyd is, and how thin he is.

Maybe he grew a pair?

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:36 PM
That was all Ball there.

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Nice ST's coverage!!!

Zweems56
08-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Holy ******* punt coverage. What was that?

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Great Special Teams play!

Elevation inc
08-29-2010, 07:38 PM
bad spot

Elevation inc
08-29-2010, 07:39 PM
how the hell they dont call a block in the back there...

Northman
**** me.

nevcraw
where's the run d???????

weazel
boy our D looks porous

Jagsbch
Oh I'd challenge that spot...

Zweems56
What a miserable spot. He Slid on the ground at least a yard short.

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah that was a really bad spot.

nevcraw
08-29-2010, 07:41 PM
steelers are dinking us to death.....

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Wow, Ben telegraphed that pass all day and we still couldnt stop it.

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Our D hasn't held the Steelers to under 4 yards any play so far. Big Ben's 2 incompletes had nothing to do with our D's play.

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Good.

Zweems56
Holy shit, Jarvis just tipped a ball. What is this.. I don't even...

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense: :defense: :defense:

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Helped a lot by Roth going out. Screwed with their momentum.

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Dixons problem is that he lacks composure in the pocket. The reason he is playing with the No. 1's is because the coach wants to expose his lack of starter ability to the fans who think he rocks because of his scrambling feet which are more a reflection of his scrambled brains in the pocket.

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:48 PM
I think Dixon is a fine player. Just needs more time with the starters which i believe he will get. Leftwich isnt that good so the bar isnt set very high.

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Orton is down

camdisco24
Oh. my. god.....

Northman
lol. Wow

Edmonton Bronco Fan
08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
That's considered a fumble? He barely took a step with it, kind of iffy if you ask me.

On the other hand, Orton looks amazing so far. Hopefully he's alright. Last thing we need is another injury.

Denver Native (Carol)
OH CRAP - Kyle is hurt :tsk:

Elevation inc
**** me....

camdisco24
great... We need Orton...
I hate watching Qween.

camdisco24
08-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Because of that...

Northman
We are getting EXPLOSED.

JDL
F-ing terrible job by the officials who have been lazy as hell throughout this game. That was a clear Incompletion... nearly gets Orton killed.

Jagsbch
Orton looked like he had his spine separated from his brain the way he got nailed in the back like that.

muse
08-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Ouch, anyone else see Orton uttering "**** me" as he was walking with Greek?

Quinn made me cringe. Just throw it away ffs.

shank
08-29-2010, 07:54 PM
harrison is a piece of shit. no way that wasn't an intentional act to try and injure orton.

BroncoNut
Terrible. c'mon Brady!

Elevation inc
F-ing terrible job by the officials who have been lazy as hell throughout this game. That was a clear Incompletion... nearly gets Orton killed.

refs have been horrible....

Northman
harrison is a piece of shit. no way that wasn't an intentional act to try and injure orton.

What? Lowering his head? Dude, come on.

Denver Native (Carol)
From Lindsay:

Orton is sitting on the bench, looking at the coverage photos with coaches. Looks like he'll be fine .... but time for the showers tonight less than 10 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Edmonton Bronco Fan
08-29-2010, 07:55 PM

They seem to get worse and worse (in every league) year after year. Maybe it's just my imagination, though.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Maybe they are on the bubble :D

Edmonton Bronco Fan
From Lindsay:

Orton is sitting on the bench, looking at the coverage photos with coaches. Looks like he'll be fine .... but time for the showers tonight less than 10 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Good news.

Northman
Finally.

Zweems56
Oh bvaby! Ayers with the sack!

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Typical.

Zweems56
Goddamn it cox...

Jagsbch
I love seeing the Blitz~!! Yeah baby

Northman
Oh bvaby! Ayers with the sack!

Or not.

FanInAZ
That was a lame penalty

JDL
08-29-2010, 07:58 PM

They weren't downfield to see if Ball got the first
They just gave Mendenhall the first even though he landed a yard short with contact and momentum carried him.
Then the INT

Leads me to believe they are half-@ssing it out there and it is irritating.

Great seeing Ayers make a play... missed what the penalty was...

Northman
08-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Wide ******* open

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Bring the blitz... We need a sack right here...

Northman
08-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Nice job by Cox. WOW

Zweems56
YEAH COX! Redemption!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Problems wrapping up too. Hopefully they get it together before week 1.

INTERCEPTION! COX!

weazel
terrible decision on Dixons part

BroncoWave
There ya go Cox! Way to make up for the penalty! Once again, GREAT redzone D!

JDL
Perrish Cox baby!!!

He was clearly (imo) the best CB in the draft... a lot of people might find that hard to believe, but guy was a stud in college... some other issues tarnished his final season though and had him drop from his elite preseason ranking. Just love his ability and plays the ball much better than Haden who was so soft (could never get over Brandon Lafell just abusing him all over the field.)

Jagsbch
cox~!!

OrangeHoof
Nice INT! What a great value pick.

FanInAZ
Great job, way to make up for the penalty

nevcraw
what a huge.... cox..

Denver Native (Carol)
From Lindsay:

# Official word from the Broncos: No injury for Kyle Orton. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

Zweems56
Ayers with more pressure too. You know. I'mma get me an Ayers jersey.

threefolddead
Thata boy Cox!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Wonderful job by Cox to stay in bounds there. Great presence of mind by the rook.

Northman
Thank you Dixon!!

Nomad
Way to go Perrish!!

broncohead
08-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Cox will be a starter in the next year or two

weazel
I remember wanting Denver to draft Dixon as a backup

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense: :defense: :defense:

Zweems56
Apparently Kyle's back in the game. Lets get 6.

BroncoNut
alright parish! that's what we needed.

Elevation inc
ayers and cox sick baby.....

FanInAZ
terrible decision on Dixons part

True, but Cox had to make a great catch to make him pay for it.

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Dixons problem is that he lacks composure in the pocket. The reason he is playing with the No. 1's is because the coach wants to expose his lack of starter ability to the fans who think he rocks because of his scrambling feet which are more a reflection of his scrambled brains in the pocket.

I think Dixon is a fine player. Just needs more time with the starters which i believe he will get. Leftwich isnt that good so the bar isnt set very high.

Your wrong I am right.:salute:

McDaniels stacked the box, then after the snap sent in only 4 and of course that scared Dixon right out of a perfectly good pocket where the lack of protection forced him into an even dummer move.

EMB6903
08-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Harrison is in mid season form.

JDL
08-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Orton looks MUCH better moving in the pocket this year.

Northman
Wow, i almost think that was a catch.

FanInAZ
Nice try for both Orton and Lloyd.

OrangeHoof
What? I thought the Steelers had carte blanche to commit personal fouls with impunity. Always seems that way.

JDL
08-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Have we seen a WR screen yet? (for Denver)

Northman
Royal!!!!!!!!!!!

nevcraw
I am warming up to lloyd..

FanInAZ
There we go!

Zweems56
TAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! (dawkins voice)

EMB6903
Great throw by Kyle.

JDL
So much to love about that play.

Denver Native (Carol)
WHAT A PASS - WHAT A CATCH :elefant::elefant:

weazel
If Orton isn't impressing you, you need to stop watching football!

BroncoWave
Wow, GREAT play by Orton and Royal! Not gonna lie, I am really excited for our offense once the linemen and RB's get back healthy.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
08-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Orton looks like a completely new QB to me. Wonderful pass.

Jagsbch
Nice to see Orton find Eddie again... :beer:

But I am still waiting too see a pass thrown farther than 20 yards past the line of scrimage without hittig the dirt this game.

Northman
Go White.

FanInAZ
08-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Nice move Lloyd

Northman
Lloyd is awesome. This guy is getting redemption.

BroncoWave
:lol: "With something extra at the end of the play!"

nevcraw
08-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I like White.. but.. what does he give that Hillis didn't?

Zweems56
08-29-2010, 08:09 PM
You know.. with the few months of no football, I had actually forgotten how ******* dirty the Steelers are. And I'm very happy with how our players are responding to their dirty play. Just take the yards and go about your business.

weazel
08-29-2010, 08:10 PM
too bad Pitt wont get called on any of these types of plays once the season actually starts.

BroncoWave
Dammit Ball. That's his second drop this preseason. You can't drop those kind of passes.

Northman
Awe man. Come on guys. Punch it for another TD.

JDL
You watch Lloyd and he just oozes ability... it really makes you wonder why he hasn't put it together and Aikman alluded to the fact his ego or personality got in the way a bit.....and he worried about some things and his head wasn't right.... hope he finally puts it together.

Zweems56
I like lance ball, but if he keeps up these drops, hes going to get himself cut.

weazel
08-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Aikman would know everything you need to know about how to throw a pick and get away with it. His team lived on it for 6 years

Northman
08-29-2010, 08:11 PM
I like lance ball, but if he keeps up these drops, hes going to get himself cut.

Yea, im pulling for the kid too but he's got to make those plays.

Northman
08-29-2010, 08:14 PM
That damn screen pass. Take it out of the book McD!!!!!! You were doing so well.

Northman
08-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Nice job Matt.

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 08:15 PM
That damn screen pass. Take it out of the book McD!!!!!! You were doing so well.

I guess you forgot Lloyd's first down on it a few plays earlier. But yeah, let's just take it out of the playbook. :rolleyes:

Nomad
08-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Quinn looked out of place, can he even grow a beard!!:D

Northman
08-29-2010, 08:17 PM
I guess you forgot Lloyd's first down on it a few plays earlier. But yeah, let's just take it out of the playbook. :rolleyes:

Because he made a great move. But for the most part he's gone away from it and opened it up more for Kyle. Its successful maybe 3 out of 10 times at best. So yea, take it out.

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 08:17 PM
I am so sick of hearing this shit about Tebow where is a curb to stop someones head into when you need one?:mad:

BroncoWave
08-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Because he made a great move. But for the most part he's gone away from it and opened it up more for Kyle. Its successful maybe 3 out of 10 times at best. So yea, take it out.

Every team in the NFL uses that play. And it's not like he uses it every other play, so it doesn't hurt to use it from time to time. Nice stat you made up there though.

Northman
08-29-2010, 08:18 PM
I am so sick of hearing this shit about Tebow where is a curb to stop someones head into when you need one?:mad:

Get over it, Tebow has.

Jagsbch
08-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Perfect time for another Blitz 1st and 20? Yeah Baby

Zweems56
08-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Defense looks to be coming together right about now.