PDA

View Full Version : ‘One at a Time’

Denver Native (Carol)
08-28-2010, 06:27 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/one-at-a-time/

At a press conference on Thursday, Head Coach Josh McDaniels was asked how many quarterbacks would see action for the Broncos on Sunday against Pittsburgh.

McDaniels cracked a smile as he delivered his answer — one.

“That’s the rule,” McDaniels said. “One at a time.”

Questions about Tim Tebow’s chance of suiting up against the Steelers after sitting out the Detroit game prompted McDaniels to have a little fun with the reporters.

When the laughter left the room, he offered a more transparent evaluation of the rookie quarterback.

“He’s still pretty sore, and there are some things that I don’t think he can really do effectively at this point,” McDaniels said. “We’ve got a few more days here before the game. We’d love for him to be in the game and play, so there could be two or there could be three (quarterbacks).”

Tebow has been practicing since Wednesday, shaking off the soreness suffered from shots Cincinnati defenders laid on him in the team’s preseason opener. How much he’s able to do will dictate his participation against Pittsburgh.

“I feel range of motion has been good, so now the next thing is contact,” Tebow said.

The rookie signal-caller said it was “hard” for him to sit out against the Lions, but he was able to glean a greater knowledge of the offense from a coaches box above the field.

Every play was a chance for him to put himself in the Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn’s shoes, but without the speed of the game at field level.

“It can definitely look a lot easier from up top than it does when you’re under center,” Tebow said. “(I was) just trying to know what the quarterbacks are thinking and walk through the steps in my head of the ‘Mike’ (middle linebacker) calls and what I would do versus this and this. So I tried to play the game in my head.”

For now, he’ll do what he can and wait on permission to play.

“That’s the coaches’ decision,” he said. “Whatever they tell me to do, I’ll be obedient to what they say.”

BRONCOS STEELERS TICKETS AVAILABLE

The Pittsburgh Steelers have returned 350 tickets for Sunday’s 6 p.m. game at INVESCO Field at Mile High, and those tickets are now on sale to the general public.

The tickets are being sold at all Ticketmaster outlets, via Ticketmaster Charge By Phone, through online sales at www.ticketmaster.com and at the INVESCO Field at Mile High box office.

Fans may purchase tickets with a credit card via Ticketmaster Charge By Phone by calling 1-800-745-3000. Fans desiring to use the Internet to purchase tickets may do so at www.ticketmaster.com.

broncophan
08-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for posting Carol......I got a kick out of this part:

That’s the coaches’ decision,” he said. “Whatever they tell me to do, I’ll be obedient to what they say.”

lol......is Tebow the team dog??