PDA

View Full Version : Positives - What you think we did great this week

broncosinindy
09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Get to the QB we got three sacks 2 for Doom and one for Moss.

Marcus thomas got a pick.

I think we were injury free as well.

topscribe
09-16-2007, 08:46 PM
We got three sacks? The announcers said we had four. :confused:

Cutler is who impresses me. The kid is going to be a beast. :first:

-----

broncosinindy
09-16-2007, 08:50 PM
We got three sacks? The announcers said we had four. :confused:

-----

NFL.com says only 3

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG2&game_id=29224

Skinny
09-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Bell getting some touches in the running game is a positive in my book.

Henry is getting beat up fast running between the tackles, faster than expected and the altitude did'nt help today either. He was slow to get up in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Henry came in late in the 4th on the FG drive to tie it up and did a great job powering the ball through Oaklands line and keeping the drive alive.

After Bell and Young spelled him for a bit earlier in the same quarter.

I'd like to see more of that or even Young getting more touches to take some of the wear off Henry.

Keeping him fresh through out the game and down the stretch of the schedule is going to be key for this team making the playoffs.

Especially for Cutler.

In-com-plete
09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Cutler on 3rd down
If I added it up right, he was 7 of 9 for 89 yards while converting 5/11 of his attempts. One of those 11 was when he fumbled the snap. Another was when he got sacked (safety).

But we did actually convert a 3rd and 14 that was called back because Marshall had pushed off. That forced us to 3rd and 24 when Cutler just dumped it off to Henry to get Elam closer. Too bad it didn't help.

Special teams
While Hixon doesn't seem to be much of a returner, we didn't allow any big returns.

Pressure
We always seem to get pressure on Oaklands QB. Last year it seemed to only be Elvis. Today it seemed like everyone was in the backfield. That is...on the 6 pass attempts Oakland had. :laugh:

Watchthemiddle
09-16-2007, 10:14 PM
DJ Williams for 2 consecutive weeks now has been all over the field.

Elam again.

topscribe
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Gold actually played a decent game. :eek:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2007, 10:37 PM

-----

One of the announcers said that Gold led the Broncos in tackles last year. I always have liked him, and was glad when we brought him back.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Having a lot of tackles doesn't necessarily mean you played well. I do agree with Top's assessment that Ian had a rebound after his Week One performance, but having a lot of tackles isn't a great measuring stick in determining how well someone played.

However, I think our linebackers are still playing well, (Williams and Webster) especially given the fact that they have lineman in their face about one second after the snap since our defensive line (interior in particular) cannot hold their ground in the trenches.

broncosfanscott
09-16-2007, 10:58 PM

-----

Yeah, I like this kid and for two straight weeks he has led his team on drives at the end of the game (OT today) for wins. He may make mistakes, yet he has come through when it has counted most.

Medford Bronco
09-16-2007, 11:01 PM

-----

Gold actually saved a TD or a closer FG try with his tacke in OT on Jordan (I think it was him, I saw the play with my kids acting up :laugh: )

dogfish
09-16-2007, 11:16 PM
i'm really pleased with what brandon marshall has been showing us. . . a month ago i was concerned that we were entering the season with one legitimate receiver if stokley was dinged, but marshall has been producing quite nicely-- it's early, but it looks to me like we've turned a 4th rounder into a legitimate #2 WR with a lot of upside. . . add in stokley, who's clearly the best #3 we've had since shanahan has been here, and what was a questionable position entering camp actually looks like a strength, at least at the top of the depth chart-- this is the best our WRs have played since rod and eddie mac were in their primes. . . i love the mismatches we can create with our size at WR. . .

DenBronx
09-16-2007, 11:21 PM
i think ian gold is making alot of fans look silly right about now. he had a huge game.

Joel
09-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Gold actually saved a TD or a closer FG try with his tacke in OT on Jordan (I think it was him, I saw the play with my kids acting up :laugh: )
'Twas, running down Jordan from behind at the end of a 20+ yard run, which was followed by a John Lynch tackle on a four yard gain, then the "practice" FG, TO, and miss.

From the little I saw and heard of Janikowski (I was stuck with the Chiefs and Bears until the OT coin toss) it looks like he and Elam have a lot in common: VERY powerful legs, but occasionally erratic aim. You can parse that all sorts of ways; on the one hand, we don't need a last second FG with no TOs last week, or OT this week, if Elam doesn't miss some chippers earlier; on the other hand, when the game was on the line and it counted, he was good both times. It's not like he's grossly inaccurate, just occasionally inconsistent, but I kinda look at like the Faiders QB: He may not split the uprights every time, but it's VERY comforting to know that if you can get the ball past their 45 when you MUST score you've got a decent shot at three points. According to one account, Alex Karras said the Lions were laughing when the Saints lined up for Dempseys kick, but no one was laughing when it cleared the crossbar.... ;)

Cutler and the new young offense is still explosive in both the negative and positive sense, and the combination of Gerard Warrens safety and our soft interior defensive line will draw complaints from folks like me, but it's not as bad as the scoreboard against two very poor teams makes it look. In fact, you almost can't consider the fact the Raiders were the Leagues worst team last year because it's a Divisional game, and Divisional opponents learn each other VERY well playing two games a year. After all, Chokeland SHOULD have been 3-13 and the Bolts 13-3 last year.

Hopefully our fairly soft early schedule will give us time to work these kinks out against the Jags next week before we go to Indy and then host the Chargers; after that it SHOULD (no guarantees... ) be smooth sailing till we visit Chicago around Turkey Day.

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Get to the QB we got three sacks 2 for Doom and one for Moss.

Marcus thomas got a pick.

I think we were injury free as well.

I think we actually had four sacks.

For the second straight week the offense moved the ball very well now its matter of finishing off drives.

Watchthemiddle
09-17-2007, 12:27 AM
'Twas, running down Jordan from behind at the end of a 20+ yard run, which was followed by a John Lynch tackle on a four yard gain, then the "practice" FG, TO, and miss.

From the little I saw and heard of Janikowski (I was stuck with the Chiefs and Bears until the OT coin toss) it looks like he and Elam have a lot in common: VERY powerful legs, but occasionally erratic aim. You can parse that all sorts of ways; on the one hand, we don't need a last second FG with no TOs last week, or OT this week, if Elam doesn't miss some chippers earlier; on the other hand, when the game was on the line and it counted, he was good both times. It's not like he's grossly inaccurate, just occasionally inconsistent, but I kinda look at like the Faiders QB: He may not split the uprights every time, but it's VERY comforting to know that if you can get the ball past their 45 when you MUST score you've got a decent shot at three points. According to one account, Alex Karras said the Lions were laughing when the Saints lined up for Dempseys kick, but no one was laughing when it cleared the crossbar.... ;)

Cutler and the new young offense is still explosive in both the negative and positive sense, and the combination of Gerard Warrens safety and our soft interior defensive line will draw complaints from folks like me, but it's not as bad as the scoreboard against two very poor teams makes it look. In fact, you almost can't consider the fact the Raiders were the Leagues worst team last year because it's a Divisional game, and Divisional opponents learn each other VERY well playing two games a year. After all, Chokeland SHOULD have been 3-13 and the Bolts 13-3 last year.

Hopefully our fairly soft early schedule will give us time to work these kinks out against the Jags next week before we go to Indy and then host the Chargers; after that it SHOULD (no guarantees... ) be smooth sailing till we visit Chicago around Turkey Day.

Actually Flabokowski and Elam have nothing in common.

Elam is clutch, Flabo is not

Elam is deadly with his aim, Flabo is not.

Elam has won numerous games on his leg, Flabo has not.

Skinny
09-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Having a lot of tackles doesn't necessarily mean you played well. I do agree with Top's assessment that Ian had a rebound after his Week One performance, but having a lot of tackles isn't a great measuring stick in determining how well someone played.

However, I think our linebackers are still playing well, (Williams and Webster) especially given the fact that they have lineman in their face about one second after the snap since our defensive line (interior in particular) cannot hold their ground in the trenches.Absolutely Dream. I agree 100% on this post.

My reasoning for standing up or defending Gold, sort-a-speak, last week when the boo birds started flying. He plays all out on defense and has never been known to "sandbag". That to me, is a good enough reason to bash a player. And IMO, Gold has never deserved that.

Tackles IMO are a poor way to determine if a defensive player had a good or bad game. There are many diffrent factors that have to be taken into consideration when assessing the performance of a player.

Especially a LB.

How many O-lineman did he have to fend off?? Was he in tight coverage on the TE or RB that caused the QB to check down to his next option?? Did another player blow his assignment when Gold released his man into zone coverage??

Lynch yesterday for instance when Bly bit on the stop-and-go by Porter. It's Lynch's responsibility in the "2 deep scheme" to prevent the deep ball and keep everything in front of him. Lynch got caught looking in the backfeild and was to slow to react to the nice move by Porter.

Players are going to have bad games, but we have to look at the whole picture as fans, like coaches do, to break down the film, to truly get the impact that that particular player had.

Oh, and big props to Nate Webster yesterday. He had a helluva game! :beer:

:2cents:

broncosinindy
09-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I think we actually had four sacks.

For the second straight week the offense moved the ball very well now its matter of finishing off drives.

- Yeah, Well NFL.com only is reporting three. I heard Dumervil got 3 but they are not showing but 2 so i am not to sure on whats up with that.

- B Marsh is awesome so far so good. When this O finds there mark look out. if they are playing horrible now wait tell we see them playing lights out.

- The interior of the Defensive line i thought played well agasint Buffalo. This week we got beat by a team that had a sorry line and two ex broncos onit for almost 200 hundred yards concerns me.( enough of the bad)

- Hey Dream are you gonna get on the Selvin Young band wagon there is always room for more:)

topscribe
09-17-2007, 09:31 PM
- Yeah, Well NFL.com only is reporting three. I heard Dumervil got 3 but they are not showing but 2 so i am not to sure on whats up with that.

- B Marsh is awesome so far so good. When this O finds there mark look out. if they are playing horrible now wait tell we see them playing lights out.

- The interior of the Defensive line i thought played well agasint Buffalo. This week we got beat by a team that had a sorry line and two ex broncos onit for almost 200 hundred yards concerns me.( enough of the bad)

- Hey Dream are you gonna get on the Selvin Young band wagon there is always room for more:)
Okay, I just checked NFL.com out of curiosity. They report two sacks by
Dumervil and one by Moss. So it is three.

Marshall is a budding superstar.

And Shanny, who ordinarily doesn't say such things, said Young is good
enough to be a starter in the league (hear that, Dream?).

-----

broncosinindy
09-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Okay, I just checked NFL.com out of curiosity. They report two sacks by
Dumervil and one by Moss. So it is three.

Marshall is a budding superstar.

And Shanny, who ordinarily doesn't say such things, said Young is good
enough to be a starter in the league (hear that, Dream?).

-----

Yeah i didnt get to watch the game so i had to do something lol I remember it saying sack but never gave credit for it. weird.

LOL good stuff top.

I'm still on last year when champ made the comments about brandon.

Oh and Nate jackson made the squad. :)

broncosinindy
09-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Here ya go top says we got 6 sacks this year. but only five on the stat sheets defiently weird.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=DEN

Requiem / The Dagda
09-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Nah, no Selvin Young bandwagon for me. Amir Pinnix on Day 2 for the win!