PDA

View Full Version : Chargers are getting crushed

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2007, 08:34 PM
24 - 0 with 5:17 left in the 2nd qtr - either NE is absolutely great, or SD is not what they think they are

Medford Bronco
09-16-2007, 09:41 PM
24 - 0 with 5:17 left in the 2nd qtr - either NE is absolutely great, or SD is not what they think they are

As much as it pains me to say this. I think NE is a great team that
is stacked on both sides of the ball. They are smoking SD with their arguably 2 best defensive players out in Harrison and Seymour.

Glad we dont play NE this year. I dont care about the past, this pats team has a chance to win it all unfortunatley :ahhhhh:

broncosfanscott
09-16-2007, 11:07 PM
The Pats look very solid and Moss is a big assest to Brady. I knew they would win the game just not as a one-sided affair.

omac
09-16-2007, 11:17 PM
NE looks like a team on a mission, clicking on all cylinders. My hope is that they're peaking too early, and will drop off by playoff time. I wouldn't want them to have a mid-season slump, as that will mean they'll rebound right in time for the playoffs.

On another note, is San Diego missing Marty now? I think so. :beer:

broncosfanscott
09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
On another note, is San Diego missing Marty now? I think so. :beer:

I guess all those coaching changes are beginning to show.

omac
09-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I guess all those coaching changes are beginning to show.

Too bad there aren't much Chargers fans here yet. :laugh:

broncosfanscott
09-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Too bad there aren't much Chargers fans here yet. :laugh:

I don't blame them. There isn't much to say about tonight's game other than a one-sided affair.

omac
09-17-2007, 06:35 AM
I don't blame them. There isn't much to say about tonight's game other than a one-sided affair.

Plus with the way Chicago shut down LT rushing attack and Rivers, they were fortunate that Chicago's offense gave them the opportunity to win. I was surprised how they could trashtalk Benson and Grossman after the poor performance they gave.

WTE
09-17-2007, 07:22 AM
I love the San Diego Union-Tribune's headline:

Weapons of Mass. Destruction

:first:

kcvet
09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
that was one sheeeelakin. 38-14

broncosfanscott
09-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Plus with the way Chicago shut down LT rushing attack and Rivers, they were fortunate that Chicago's offense gave them the opportunity to win. I was surprised how they could trashtalk Benson and Grossman after the poor performance they gave.

They are fortunate that Grossman isn't a good QB otherwise they would be 0-2. Next week they go to Green Bay and I hope Favre has fun with their secondary like Brady did.

sanluis
09-18-2007, 10:43 AM
My hat is off to NE! They played great and totally dominated the Chargers. It was embarrassing the butt kicking on national TV. Further the injuries to Jamal, Olivea and Mat could be devastating for our season and drastically effect our ability to control the line of scrimmage. Back ups are going to have to step up and fill some huge shoes.

Again ... great game NE! There is no way anyone could have beaten you that night. The performance was just about perfect! My hope is that we have finally learned our lesson to keep our mouths shut and let our play do the talking.

This was only one game and my Chargers will be back. So don't be too happy.

TXBRONC
09-18-2007, 11:05 AM
My hat is off to NE! They played great and totally dominated the Chargers. It was embarrassing the butt kicking on national TV. Further the injuries to Jamal, Olivea and Mat could be devastating for our season and drastically effect our ability to control the line of scrimmage. Back ups are going to have to step up and fill some huge shoes.

Again ... great game NE! There is no way anyone could have beaten you that night. The performance was just about perfect! My hope is that we have finally learned our lesson to keep our mouths shut and let our play do the talking.

This was only one game and my Chargers will be back. So don't be too happy.

Not if Philip Rivers keeps playing the way he did and if you can't descent secondary the Chargers will continue to have problems.

Rivers has played well since about the last part of last season. He looks like terrible right now. Whistling past the grave yard wont change that.

sanluis
09-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Not if Philip Rivers keeps playing the way he did and if you can't descent secondary the Chargers will continue to have problems.

Rivers has played well since about the last part of last season. He looks like terrible right now. Whistling past the grave yard wont change that.

Can't really disagree with that.

Watchthemiddle
09-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Can't really disagree with that.

Question for you Sanluis...do you think any of this offensive depletion so far in two games has to do with Norv?

I know Marty wasn't exactly a offensive jugernaut, but Cam Cameron was and until he had full control of the offense, they didn't do much.

How much do you think this is going to effect the Chargers this year?

sanluis
09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Question for you Sanluis...do you think any of this offensive depletion so far in two games has to do with Norv?

I know Marty wasn't exactly a offensive jugernaut, but Cam Cameron was and until he had full control of the offense, they didn't do much.

How much do you think this is going to effect the Chargers this year?

I think it has more to do with the play of the O-line. The play calling has been very similar to Cam just the execution by the O-line and Rivers have been very poor. You can't really hang that on Norv just yet. Rivers poor play has allowed the first two teams to focus on the run and hold LT in check. Please remember that both the D's we played are off the chart good. The speed and power that the Bears and NE showed was amazing! We failed to execute on plays designed to take advantage of this aggressive type of D. If I was playing the Chargers I would call a ultra aggressive Defense until they showed some ability to break it down.

Watchthemiddle
09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I think it has more to do with the play of the O-line. The play calling has been very similar to Cam just the execution by the O-line and Rivers have been very poor. You can't really hang that on Norv just yet. Rivers poor play has allowed the first two teams to focus on the run and hold LT in check. Please remember that both the D's we played are off the chart good. The speed and power that the Bears and NE showed was amazing! We failed to execute on plays designed to take advantage of this aggressive type of D. If I was playing the Chargers I would call a ultra aggressive Defense until they showed some ability to break it down.

Yeah, both D's are good. Do you think you have enough weapons in the passing game to be effective? LT out of the backfield and Gates seem to be the best and only options that I can see. I know Vincent Jackson is your version of Brandon Marshall ( without the speed ) but what else is there for RIvers?

sanluis
09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah, both D's are good. Do you think you have enough weapons in the passing game to be effective? LT out of the backfield and Gates seem to be the best and only options that I can see. I know Vincent Jackson is your version of Brandon Marshall ( without the speed ) but what else is there for RIvers?

VJ is very fast so I don't know why you say he hasn't the speed. Maybe not as fast as Marshall but for his size he is very fast.

LT and Gates should be enough to keep any D on it's heals. But a real #1 would certainly add to the team. VJ is supposed to step up and take that role.

We will see.

topscribe
09-18-2007, 04:55 PM
VJ is very fast so I don't know why you say he hasn't the speed. Maybe not as fast as Marshall but for his size he is very fast.

LT and Gates should be enough to keep any D on it's heals. But a real #1 would certainly add to the team. VJ is supposed to step up and take that role.

We will see.
Problem for VJ is that either Bailey or Bly can probably run backwards faster
than VJ can run forwards. But he does have the size advantage on them,
although they have seemed to have very little difficulty with that, especially
Champ.

I would like to be able to absolutely gush over VJ's excellence as a receiver
since he is from my alma mater, but as it is, he is not in the elite category,
although one might be able to say he's "pretty" good.

I would not expect Gates to give our defense many problems, not because
any of ours is better than he, but because he does not have the WR
support. LT is the one who worries me, especially with the problems we
have had against the run. I'm hoping the DTs and LBs will jell before SD
week arrives. If a running game is clicking, then ordinary WRs can look like
Pro Bowlers.

I believe our offense matches up well with your defense. Your front seven
is among the best in football, but our WRs and TEs will give your so-so
secondary fits, IMO, especially with Cutler firing the rock at them and
having to look out for Henry/Young.

But then, as I implied, if LT gets on a roll, it could be a long day for our
defense.

-----

sanluis
09-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Problem for VJ is that either Bailey or Bly can probably run backwards faster
than VJ can run forwards. But he does have the size advantage on them,
although they have seemed to have very little difficulty with that, especially
Champ.

I would like to be able to absolutely gush over VJ's excellence as a receiver
since he is from my alma mater, but as it is, he is not in the elite category,
although one might be able to say he's "pretty" good.

I would not expect Gates to give our defense many problems, not because
any of ours is better than he, but because he does not have the WR
support. LT is the one who worries me, especially with the problems we
have had against the run. I'm hoping the DTs and LBs will jell before SD
week arrives. If a running game is clicking, then ordinary WRs can look like
Pro Bowlers.

I believe our offense matches up well with your defense. Your front seven
is among the best in football, but our WRs and TEs will give your so-so
secondary fits, IMO, especially with Cutler firing the rock at them and
having to look out for Henry/Young.

But then, as I implied, if LT gets on a roll, it could be a long day for our
defense.

-----

My focus now is Green Bay and not so much Denver at this point. However I see your points and can't disagree too much. Cutler has done a fine job so far while Rivers continues to flounder and stare down his receivers. Champ and Dre will have a field day if Rivers does that to them. Rivers is just not playing very smart right now and better pull his head out or this is going to be a very long season. :mad:

The Oline better give LT some running room and get after some people. They are playing like crap! Norv should change things up with a no huddle and really attack some people!

VJ has all the tools to be a very good wide out IMO. This is the year for him to break out and prove he is the man.He will need some help from the o-line and Rivers to be successful.

topscribe
09-18-2007, 06:44 PM
My focus now is Green Bay and not so much Denver at this point. However I see your points and can't disagree too much. Cutler has done a fine job so far while Rivers continues to flounder and stare down his receivers. Champ and Dre will have a field day if Rivers does that to them. Rivers is just not playing very smart right now and better pull his head out or this is going to be a very long season. :mad:

The Oline better give LT some running room and get after some people. They are playing like crap! Norv should change things up with a no huddle and really attack some people!

VJ has all the tools to be a very good wide out IMO. This is the year for him to break out and prove he is the man.He will need some help from the o-line and Rivers to be successful.
Green Bay is the same thing. Tough defense, and Favre can pass lights out
when he gets in a zone. SD better do something quick.

-----

sanluis
09-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Green Bay is the same thing. Tough defense, and Favre can pass lights out
when he gets in a zone. SD better do something quick.

-----

Some good blocking and a nice dose of LT should cure things in a hurry!:D Green Bay is playing well but I don't think their D is on the same level as a Bear's or NE Defense. Bret is really playing well right now as well but we might be able to get him to make some gunslinger mistakes. It will be a very difficult game that is for sure!

Medford Bronco
09-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Some good blocking and a nice dose of LT should cure things in a hurry!:D Green Bay is playing well but I don't think their D is on the same level as a Bear's or NE Defense. Bret is really playing well right now as well but we might be able to get him to make some gunslinger mistakes. It will be a very difficult game that is for sure!

This is a tough game for SD. It is never easy to win in Lambeau

My concern would be Philip Rivers. He just does not look right to me so far.

LT can help but it is very hard to win in a hostile environment.

We shall see.

Denver has their own problems. We need to score Tds not FGS..

It might be okay vs the Bills or Raiders, but will not be against the Chargers or Colts on the horizon.

Jax is my focus now. This is not an easy game either as their defense is excellent and Maurice Jones-Drew scares me

sanluis
09-19-2007, 08:03 PM
This is a tough game for SD. It is never easy to win in Lambeau

My concern would be Philip Rivers. He just does not look right to me so far.

LT can help but it is very hard to win in a hostile environment.

We shall see.

Denver has their own problems. We need to score Tds not FGS..

It might be okay vs the Bills or Raiders, but will not be against the Chargers or Colts on the horizon.

Jax is my focus now. This is not an easy game either as their defense is excellent and Maurice Jones-Drew scares me

It was more than just Rivers. It was the o-line as well IMO. I was also very concerned with the defenses inability to deal with the crowd noise. They were confused on a number of plays and missed assignments. After Matt went down the communication was terrible. They looked completely unprepared for the three and four wide receiver sets. Ted Corrtel is on my crap list right now. :tsk: