PDA

View Full Version : Ncaa 2009

TUG
07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Anyone playing this game online. For free rosters check this website in a couple of days. http://www.freencaa09rosters.com/ They are having problems with the roster so until there is an update to the game to fix they will not have any. Please forgive a noob for posting a new thread.

MOtorboat
07-22-2008, 01:05 PM
OK...anyone else buying 09 this year.

Mine is supposed to be (yeah - still) on the way...I've already tried to track it down through EA's helpful support (:rolleyes:). Haven't even spoke to a human, because they don't offer a phone number for support. E-mailed them yesterday to see where my package was, and then they sent me an e-mail (you know, in about 24 hours) telling me they needed more information, so I sent them another damn e-mail this morning.

Anyway...when I do get it, I'd be interested in setting up an online dynasty...yes, I think I'm finally going to figure out how to get on to x-box live. So, if anyone is interested, let me know.

Italianmobstr7
07-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Dude, I'm all over it. Bought it the night it came out. Great holdover until Madden. I love the game. I've only played 1 online game, and I'm 1-0. I've played through 2 seasons on Heisman level, and dominate though. Just straight dominate. Haven't scored less than 56, and haven't given up more than 31 (that was just 1 time). I love the game, it gets me totally pumped for Madden.

sneakers
07-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Lots of fun.....still no Division I-AA teams yet :mad:

elsid13
07-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I picked it up for the PS3 a couple of days ago. I was waiting the patch (out this week hopefully) for the roster issue. Overall a slight improvement from last year. There are to many minor/mid major bugs with the game to make it great. I know many are complaining about the running this year, but I was successful with it, you just don't break the big run like previous games. The big game problem for me are the kick/punt returns, the lack of pressure on the QB (no sacks) and that the sliders don't work (adjust the Human one effect the CPU too), zone coverage sucks, and the insane completion rate of the QB.

Overall I would give it a C+,

MOtorboat
07-27-2008, 09:22 AM
I picked it up for the PS3 a couple of days ago. I was waiting the patch (out this week hopefully) for the roster issue. Overall a slight improvement from last year. There are to many minor/mid major bugs with the game to make it great. I know many are complaining about the running this year, but I was successful with it, you just don't break the big run like previous games. The big game problem for me are the kick/punt returns, the lack of pressure on the QB (no sacks) and that the sliders don't work (adjust the Human one effect the CPU too), zone coverage sucks, and the insane completion rate of the QB.

Overall I would give it a C+,

Yeah, I don't get the running problem at all...I ran for 2500 yards with Darrell Scott in my first season that I just finished...granted it was on Varsity level...probably time to step that up to All-American. I have never played on Heisman, I guess I'm just not that good at it.

elsid13
07-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I don't get the running problem at all...I ran for 2500 yards with Darrell Scott in my first season that I just finished...granted it was on Varsity level...probably time to step that up to All-American. I have never played on Heisman, I guess I'm just not that good at it.

AA isn't that hard and Heisman just take patience

Scarface
07-27-2008, 06:46 PM
OK...anyone else buying 09 this year.

Mine is supposed to be (yeah - still) on the way...I've already tried to track it down through EA's helpful support (:rolleyes:). Haven't even spoke to a human, because they don't offer a phone number for support. E-mailed them yesterday to see where my package was, and then they sent me an e-mail (you know, in about 24 hours) telling me they needed more information, so I sent them another damn e-mail this morning.

Anyway...when I do get it, I'd be interested in setting up an online dynasty...yes, I think I'm finally going to figure out how to get on to x-box live. So, if anyone is interested, let me know.

That's why I never pre-order. Good luck with that, man. I hope they hook you up with some free stuff to make up for their gaffe.

MOtorboat
07-27-2008, 07:09 PM
That's why I never pre-order. Good luck with that, man. I hope they hook you up with some free stuff to make up for their gaffe.

$20 at the EA Store...not much for the hassle, but something.

JONtheBRONCO
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM

MOtorboat
07-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I jerk off to John Elways pic while i wear his jersey!

You should start a thread about that.

Timmy!
07-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Just got it from Gamefly. Pretty impressed so far. Better than last year.

elsid13
07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Just got it from Gamefly. Pretty impressed so far. Better than last year.

What til the CPU QB hit 80% completion rate for all the games

jhns
07-29-2008, 12:29 PM

I think you are just playing bad defense. QB's haven't been hitting that high of a percentage on me.

Timmy!
07-29-2008, 01:00 PM

After 4 games into the season, (playing on all-American, with a team that is only a 81 overall) the CPU is completing about 60% of passes....and I have 6ints. What kinda of defense are you running?

elsid13
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM
After 4 games into the season, (playing on all-American, with a team that is only a 81 overall) the CPU is completing about 60% of passes....and I have 6ints. What kinda of defense are you running?

I playing man to man to stop the crossing routes (manually control of the MLB to ensure the drops there) and zone when I come into the end zone era.

MOtorboat
07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I playing man to man to stop the crossing routes (manually control of the MLB to ensure the drops there) and zone when I come into the end zone era.

If they are completing 80 percent of their passes, I'd say its time to switch that defense up a bit...

Timmy!
07-29-2008, 05:59 PM

I play a lot of cover 2 man and cover 2 press man. I also show blitz a lot. I've I rarely play straight man to man or cover 1, and use a lot of zone blitz calls. Oh ya, I run a 4-3 base. Hope some of that helps.