PDA

View Full Version : A Poll About Thread Tags and Thread Cloud - Please read first post before responding to poll

Tned
07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Ok, as many of you know, I am typically not very big on polls to decide things, as people often respond quickly without disussing an item, randomly vote if there is not a category that meets their needs, etc.

However, since this seems to be a pretty straight forward subject, I am going to open a poll up. I am creating three votes, which I think should cover it, but if not, don't just choose one, post your opinion here or what category I left out, and I will modify the poll.

After living with them for a month or so, do you guys like the tags and tag cloud?

Northman
07-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Personally, doesnt matter to me. Kind of cool but i could live without them if need be.

claymore
07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
My only reason for not liking them, is when I scroll down to see who is online, It looks like they are users......

LordTrychon
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I think they're kinda neat.

I don't notice the cloud almost ever anymore where it's at, which is fine...

Sometimes I think it's good to see the tags at the bottom...

But I don't like them enough to think they're worth keeping around if they're still a headache for you. It's all about value versus effort. I do think there's value there... but not if it's putting too much effort on Admin and staff of the site.

Tned
07-21-2008, 12:33 PM
My only reason for not liking them, is when I scroll down to see who is online, It looks like they are users......

Yes, I have done the same thing, lol

claymore
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Yes, I have done the same thing, lol

Like right now tags is online. :D And I dont know him.....

MOtorboat
07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I think they are cool, but I use the "new posts" and "user cp" functions a lot more than the tag cloud, but that's because I have no life and am posting a lot.

OB
07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
I concur - plus i havent tried to make one although Ive used one or two

I think its kinds funny too, to see what kind of tags people make for threads

But again i have no life either and am easily amused :D

Day1BroncoFan
07-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I voted for them to stay. It doesn't really matter to me much either way.

I have used it rarely.

This thread should be known as the tagpoll. :D

NightTrainLayne
07-21-2008, 01:25 PM
I voted don't care.

So far they haven't really become useful enough to me to use them.

After time maybe they'll be more useful, but for now they don't bother me, while at the same time they haven't been that helpful either.

So, I'm ambivalent.

Nurse Red
07-21-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure yet... and haven't voted...

I think I'd probably use them more during the season. Right now, I'm spending most of my time in the Lounge, but can see other stuff when it comes up... just not a LOT of football talk going on.

During the season, I'm assuming there will be more football stuff to talk about, and I think I'd probably use them more then.

underrated29
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Ok we have gone over this before everyone.

We officially renamed them to crayons, OK!

Aside from that i dont even know what a crayon cloud is, or where to find it. I also rarely ever use the crayons anyways.

If they are a pest and create more work for you tned, then i say dump them.

If the arent then i could care less. So i suppose i would need to know your answer before i could vote.

Crayons.

Den21vsBal19
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm not really fussed either way...........I've used them, but at the same time I can live without them..................

Tned
07-21-2008, 02:18 PM
If they are a pest and create more work for you tned, then i say dump them.

If the arent then i could care less. So i suppose i would need to know your answer before i could vote.

Crayons.

There is no extra work involved in them. Some people had voiced an opinion that they cluttered the site up or in some other way took away from the forums, hence the reason for seeing what people think.

I think Nurse Red makes a very good point in that they will likely be used more, and possibly more useful, during the season when there are far more football related posts.

underrated29
07-21-2008, 02:21 PM
ok then. It makes no difference to me. Its cool because it kinda separates us apart even more from the other lame sites.

If they are not a problem let them stay, for people who use them they probably come in handy.

Reidman
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Don't care either way...

They don't help or hinder my forum surfing in any way...

BroncoJoe
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I don't care, have no opinion, or haven't even noticed the thread tags

All three apply.

Day1BroncoFan
07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
I voted already and post my vote to keep them.
That being said, I'm not even sure what uses they actually have. They provide some sort of helpful options in the search as far as I know. Can anyone clarify this for me or point me to another thread somewhere that can.

Thanks in advance