PDA

View Full Version : Information from Lindsay Jones

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

McDaniels was asked about overall health of receiving corps. With each guy he listed as "healthy", he knocked on the wood podium less than 5 seconds ago via TweetDeck

More McD: Team hasn't made decision yet on Elvis, whether to hold roster spot or not; D. Thomas should be back sooner rather than later less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Highlights from McDaniels presser: Starters will play into at least 3Q Sun; Tebow might play late in game, depending on how sore ribs are 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2010, 01:17 PM
# To be fair, @thegarymiller had it coming after he took a (funny) dig at Josh about McDaniels' camo-y shirt on Wednesday. less than 10 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# Josh was punchy: Asked by @thegarymiller if 2 or 3 QBs would play, McD said: "We're only going to play 1. 1 at a time, the whole game long." 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15902164?source=rss

Broncos fans should expect to see the team's starters play into the third quarter in Sunday's preseason game against the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers.

"We'd like to go through a halftime where they're going to go back out there," Denver coach Josh McDaniels said today of his starters. "I think we want to go through our normal process of halftime, like we would during a (regular season) game, so that's the plan right now."

Quarterback Kyle Orton played a quarter in the preseason opener at Cincinnati, and to halftime in last week's game against Detroit. He will lead the team though at least the first series of the third quarter on Sunday, and then likely hand the reigns over to backup Brady Quinn.

Quinn could play the rest of the game, depending on the health of rookie QB Tim Tebow. Tebow is recovering from bruised ribs suffered in the Cincinnati game. He did not play against Detroit and didn't return to practice until Wednesday.

"We'll see how Tim does (in practice)," McDaniels said. "He's still pretty sore and there are some things that I don't think he can really do effectively at this point.

"But we've got a few more days here before the game. We'd love for him to be in the game and play. So there could be two (quarterbacks playing on Sunday), there could be three."

Denver concludes the preseason next Thursday at Minnesota. The Broncos open the regular season Sept. 12 at Jacksonville.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
# Tebow: "I went out there yesterday and felt pretty good. ... Range of motion has been good, so now it's just the next thing is contact." 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Tebow said he doesn't know how close he is to 100 percent: "I'm feeling better each and every day, and that's as much as I can do." ... 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

honz
08-26-2010, 01:46 PM

McDaniels was asked about overall health of receiving corps. With each guy he listed as "healthy", he knocked on the wood podium less than 5 seconds ago via TweetDeck

More McD: Team hasn't made decision yet on Elvis, whether to hold roster spot or not; D. Thomas should be back sooner rather than later less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Highlights from McDaniels presser: Starters will play into at least 3Q Sun; Tebow might play late in game, depending on how sore ribs are 1 minute ago via TweetDeck
Now that's impressive work by our resident news gal.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2010, 02:17 PM
# Buckhalter's absence is notable after the participated Tues + Weds. half a minute ago via TweetDeck

# Roll call -- players out: Stokley, Buckhalter, Moreno, McBath, R. Quinn, D. Thomas, D. Graham, Dumervil. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

broncophan
08-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks Carol......for keeping us up to date.....

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2010, 04:23 PM
# @lomaxgr It wasn't a true team period during the open portion of practice, and was very short. So he could have been there for a time. 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to lomaxgr

# I saw him w/ the 2s RT @lomaxgr: CBS reported that Nate Jones was running as the starting FS in practice today - you see anything? 13 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# RT @Denver_Broncos: Steelers have returned 350 tickets for Sunday's game. The tickets are being sold @ all www.Ticketmaster.com outlets. 25 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

# Right foot/ankle RT @KraigKennicutt: what us up with R Quinn. That guy has not practiced in forever about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Highlight from McD today: Left guard job still open. Stanley Daniels will get a look Sun, along w/ Beadles. Zane will also play left tackle 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Lonestar
08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Wonder if that means they are not happy with beadles there.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
# Other players out: Stokley, T. Carter, Moreno, McBath, R. Quinn, D. Thomas, D. Graham, Garland (AF work on Fris), Dumervil 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Jamal Williams the notable absence from practice (basically a walk-thru, no pads) today. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Optimistic for Sept. 12 return RT @dnel0780: will Clady play at all on Sunday? and if not how the outlook for the regular season looking? 26 minutes ago via TweetDeck

underrated29
08-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Wonder if that means they are not happy with beadles there.

At the Det, game beadles was seeing looks at LT....THey said this game he will see lots of time there at LT. They want him to be versatile and able to play both. IMO, he has the LG locked up and just want to get him some conditioning at LT and get some backups a few reps at LG---IE incase maybe Clady is not ready to go day 1.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2010, 01:39 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15913992

As the Broncos prepare for the most serious, and essentially final, preseason test Sunday against Pittsburgh, Josh McDaniels hopes definite answers will be revealed on the left side of his offensive line.

Zane Beadles, the second-round draft pick from Utah, is not as entrenched at left guard as he appeared through training camp and the first half of the preseason.

Stanley Daniels, who spent the past three seasons on the non-active rosters with St. Louis, Green Bay, the New York Jets, will get a long look at left guard against the Steelers while Beadles will get playing time at left tackle.

D'Anthony Batiste figures to start at left tackle and Beadles at left guard, but there will be changes while quarterback Kyle Orton and the rest of the first-team offense still are playing.

"You'll definitely see a combination with Daniels at left guard and Beadles at left tackle," McDaniels said. "There's a lot of guys who are still competing for that job. We have not given the job to anybody."

The Broncos continue to believe Ryan Clady will be healed enough from his knee surgery to start Sept. 12 in the season opener at Jacksonville, but Beadles could be his backup. Generally, teams have only seven active linemen on their game-day roster. The Broncos could be considering starting Daniels at left guard, and activating Beadles as a backup at both tackle and guard.

Also, it appears quarterback Tim Tebow, and running backs LenDale White and Correll Buckhalter may be held out for one more preseason game. Tebow, who has been nursing sore ribs, is expected to get significant playing time in the final preseason game next Thursday at Minnesota.

Shazam!
08-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks Carol...

I really hope TT gets some action Sunday.

TXBRONC
08-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks Carol...

I too would like to see Tebow play on Sunday, getting some work before Vikings game couldn't hurt.

MasterShake
08-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks Carol...

Me too. This is the first preseason I've looked forward to in awhile and the guys I want to see most (Thomas, Tebow, Moreno) are all out. At least next week he should be healed up and should play most of the game then.

TXBRONC
08-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Me too. This is the first preseason I've looked forward to in awhile and the guys I want to see most (Thomas, Tebow, Moreno) are all out. At least next week he should be healed up and should play most of the game then.

Maybe I missed something but I thought that at least one of the tweets that Carol shared said something to the effect that Tebow might still get some playing time against the Steelers.

Lonestar
08-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks Carol...

Timmy is a virgin and does not get any action have you not heard?

:laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/30/broncos-release-fargas-carter/4861/

The Broncos made two more roster moves Monday by releasing running back Justin Fargas and waiving injured cornerback Tony Carter.

Fargas, the former Oakland Raider, was signed during the second week of training camp. He got only one carry in Sunday’s game against Pittsburgh.

Carter spent most of 2009 on the Broncos practice squad but was promoted to the active roster late in the season and played in two games, with one start. He missed all of last week with a hamstring injury and did not play in Sunday’s game.

As running backs Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter and LenDale White return to health — or at least get closer to it — Fargas became expendable. The move also should be a good sign for Lance Ball, who has seemingly locked up the No. 3 running back spot for the start of the regular season.

White, who started Sunday’s game, must serve a four-game suspension at the start of the regular season.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2010, 05:29 PM
http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/08/30/emergence-of-younger-players-helped-doom-carter-fargas/

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Tony Carter’s place on the roster appeared so tenuous that when he was absent from practice last week, speculation immediately rose that he’d been waived — which was the case for Tyler Polumbus when he was let go last Tuesday.

The end to his Broncos career — which came Monday when he was placed on the waived/injured list — was foretold by the solid play from the team’s three rookie cornerbacks. With Perrish Cox starting the last two games for Champ Bailey and Syd’Quan Thompson’s stock rising after a 48-yard interception return for a touchdown, there was no room for the second-year cornerback who started once last year.

For Justin Fargas, his Broncos career won’t even include regular-season work after the team released him Monday. His Broncos career ended almost as quickly as it began, after signing midway through training camp and playing sparingly the last two weeks.

Fargas came to Denver five months after undergoing knee surgery that followed two years of declining production following a 1,000-yard season with the Raiders in 2007. While Fargas looked speedy in the open field during training-camp practices, he struggled to hit holes with authority.

Further, Fargas is a fairly upright runner, making it difficult for him to burrow his way forward when holes didn’t exist — something Lance Ball, Bruce Hall and LenDale White could do in their preseason work. Fargas’s per-carry average of 1.7 yards reflected his struggles and was the lowest of Denver’s running backs this preseason.

The Broncos will now fortify their running back depth with younger runners behind Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter. Lance Ball appears to have the inside track on the third-team spot behind the two veterans, based on the starting assignments he received at Cincinnati and against Detroit. Bruce Hall had the Broncos’ second-longest run of the preseason — a 23-yard fourth-quarter burst against the Lions — and could be ticketed for the practice squad.

Bosco
08-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Thinning the herd.

rcsodak
08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Thinning the herd.
stable.....thinning the stable.
;-)

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Asked about the o-line's transition from zone blocking to the power scheme, RT Ryan Harris said, "We're there."

yardog
08-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Asked about the o-line's transition from zone blocking to the power scheme, RT Ryan Harris said, "We're there."

I don't take this as a good sign. :tsk:

broncofaninfla
08-30-2010, 08:34 PM
I still feel Carter has the talent to play in this league. Cutting Carter actually makes me feel even better about the remaining DB's, we have a lot of talent at that position that's a damn good problem to have.

Lonestar
08-30-2010, 09:00 PM

I don't take this as a good sign. :tsk:

why?

they actually looked like they could get a third and 1 on the field and actually made some nice runs inside the red zone.

something we have not been very consistent at for almost a decade.

considering they are doing this with a VERY odd combination of OL folks that means when the real starters get on the field we should even be better.

Did I miss something?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2010, 12:20 PM
# Knowshon. Moreno will try to practice today, McDaniels said. "We'll see how it goes," he said. 12 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

# McDaniels said starters will play Thurs vs Minnesota, possibly for a full quarter. Maybe more for some, less for others. 13 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

broncofaninfla
08-31-2010, 12:24 PM
# Knowshon. Moreno will try to practice today, McDaniels said. "We'll see how it goes," he said. 12 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

# McDaniels said starters will play Thurs vs Minnesota, possibly for a full quarter. Maybe more for some, less for others. 13 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

I'm surprised the starters will be playing, hopefully nobody gets hurt....

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm surprised the starters will be playing, hopefully nobody gets hurt....

I also hope nobody gets hurt. Possibly the decision to have the starters play is because some of the injured starters have not had a chance yet to play in game situations, and they will be starting Thursday.

underrated29
08-31-2010, 01:07 PM
I also hope nobody gets hurt. Possibly the decision to have the starters play is because some of the injured starters have not had a chance yet to play in game situations, and they will be starting Thursday.

buckhalter, clady, kuper anyone?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2010, 03:20 PM
# Left the game in 3Q, docs were checking his head out. Must still be foggy. RT @Broncosfan90: whats wrong with Goodman? 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Hurt his ribs vs. Cincinnati RT @Lupintheone: Wats up with Graham been out forever? 36 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Broncos preparing for the Metrodome noise by practicing with really, really loud rock music blaring. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

# Players out today: Stokley, McBath, Hochstein, Goodman, Graham, D. Thomas, Dumervil about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Bailey, Dawkins, Kuper and R. Quinn also returned to practice. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Knowshon Moreno returned to practice for first time since Aug. 1. He's in the orange no-contact jersey. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# From Natl Football Post's @adbrandt, interesting info on how the Broncos worked with RFA system: http://tinyurl.com/29j2ehn about 2 hours ago via web

# Knowshon Moreno told reporters today he's feeling "about 80 percent." about 2 hours ago via web

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/31/broncos-injured-list-growing-shorter/4888/

Only seven players were missing from Broncos practice today. And while seven is still more than anyone would like, it’s a significant improvement from recent weeks, when the “did not practice list” was nearing 20 players.

Tuesday’s good news: running back Knowshon Moreno made his first appearance on the practice field since injuring his hamstring on Aug. 1. Moreno wore an orange no-contact jersey. After Tuesday’s practice, coaches will decide is Moreno is healthy enough to take a few snaps in Thursday’s final preseason game.

Cornerback Champ Bailey, safety Brian Dawkins, right guard Chris Kuper, running back Correll Buckhalter, left tackle Ryan Clady and tight end Richard Quinn — all of whom missed Sunday’s game against Pittsburgh — were back at practice.

Missing from practice today were: cornerback Andre Goodman (head), tight end Daniel Graham (ribs), safety Darcel McBath (arm), OL Russ Hochstein (undisclosed), receiver Demaryius Thomas (foot) and linebacker Elvis Dumervil (pectoral).

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2010, 03:49 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/31/broncos-starters-will-play-vs-minnesota/4893/

There will be no rest for the Broncos starters and veterans this week.

Coach Josh McDaniels said the team’s starters will play Thursday night at Minnesota in the team’s final preseason game. McDaniels said he doesn’t a have a play count for the starters, but they would likely play about a quarter, though some may play longer and some might play less.

That means fans can expect to see a little bit of all three Broncos quarterbacks, from Kyle Orton to Brady Quinn to Tim Tebow. McDaniels said the backup spot behind Orton is still “a competitive situation” and neither Quinn nor Tebow has separated himself from the other.

Fan in Exile
08-31-2010, 04:19 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/31/broncos-starters-will-play-vs-minnesota/4893/

There will be no rest for the Broncos starters and veterans this week.

Coach Josh McDaniels said the team’s starters will play Thursday night at Minnesota in the team’s final preseason game. McDaniels said he doesn’t a have a play count for the starters, but they would likely play about a quarter, though some may play longer and some might play less.

That means fans can expect to see a little bit of all three Broncos quarterbacks, from Kyle Orton to Brady Quinn to Tim Tebow. McDaniels said the backup spot behind Orton is still “a competitive situation” and neither Quinn nor Tebow has separated himself from the other.

That's awesome to hear because I get to go to the game on Thursday!!!

underrated29
08-31-2010, 04:31 PM
McDaniels said the backup spot behind Orton is still “a competitive situation” and neither Quinn nor Tebow has separated himself from the other.

meaning quinn has been sucking balls and tebow has been looking good. We just need one more game to see if quinn really sucks that bad to make the official move of TT to r2d2.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2010, 05:34 PM
RT @Denver_Broncos: LenDale White has swapped jerseys. The running back will now wear No. 25. #fb 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 12:57 PM

# McD on Ryan Harris: "We'll see how much progress he can make." No definitive update on ankle injury right now, he said. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# McD on Vickerson: "A big, talented guy." Said he can give flexibility on D-line, nose or end as a pass rusher. 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels: We're not going to name No. 2 quarterback right now. "That's a good question," he said. 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# McD: Jason Hunter will be starting OLB, w/ Ayers. Still competitive with Moss. "You'll see multiple guys in there on Sunday," he said. 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said "we'll see" about how much Clady + Moreno will be able to play vs Jax: "Hopefully a lot," he said. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said one of the toughest roster decisions was putting Dumervil on injured reserve. But made w/ Elvis' long-term career in mind. 12 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos News: Denver's defense had better be ready to play well Sunday http://dpo.st/bHNEYy 34 minutes ago via dlvr.it

# #Broncos Blog: Broncos add DT Vickerson; cut LeKevin Smith http://dpo.st/c0OyUs about 1 hour ago via dlvr.it

# Interesting that the Seahawks traded with the Titans on draft day to get LenDale White and Kevin Vickerson. By week 1, both are Broncos. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Broncos have signed DT Kevin Vickerson. To make room on the roster, the team has released DE Le Kevin Smith. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# And like always, when we know something solid, we'll tell you. Not keeping secrets here, trust us. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Everyone asking about injury updates for various guys: Today is first practice of the week, we'll know more in a couple of hours. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Likely Beadles. We'll know more this week RT @BroncosForums: @PostBroncos @MaxBroncos Who's the likely starting RT with Harris out? about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Hey Broncos fans, follow Jags beat writer @taniaganguli for your opponent scoop this week. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

honz
09-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Gotta love McD's injury updates...lmao.

Zweems56
09-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Looks like Demaryius Thomas and Dan Graham will both try to practice today.

broncofaninfla
09-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Which means we'll soon see a twitter about Demaryius Thomas re-injuring his foot yet again....

LTC Pain
09-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Source? Link?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 02:30 PM

# Not sure. No more access till Weds, but we're checking on it. RT @ryanhansen89: What's wrong with L. Ball? 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Out of practice. Don't panic. This will be the drill every day till Jan. RT @sethjones17: out for practice or they got cut???? 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Roll call: Thomas, Graham, Goodman back; Out: McBath, A. Brown, R. Harris and L. Ball 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos Blog: Thomas, Graham to practice http://dpo.st/cYlkwq 16 minutes ago via dlvr.it

# #Broncos News: Tebow, Quinn vying for Broncos' No. 2 QB spot http://dpo.st/czXN3p 22 minutes ago via dlvr.it

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 03:25 PM
# Too early to tell. My guess is split carries RT @SigmundBloom: how much of his normal workload does he get? 50/50 with CBuck? 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Oh, he knows. Just won't say RT @sjrivera: Josh don't know yet?? Lol. RT Tebow, Quinn vying for Broncos' No. 2 QB spot http://dpo.st/czXN3p 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Still has the arm injury from Cincy game. RT @AlexJBernard: what is wrong with Darcel McBath? He doubtful to play this week? 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Unless there's a setback this week, I think he plays RT @VinceSapienza: what's the word with moreno ? Or too early in the week to tell? 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 05:03 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/07/lendale-white-has-surgery/5077/

Broncos running back LenDale White had surgery Tuesday to repair the Achilles tendon he injured last Thursday.

The surgery, performed by doctors at the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic, went well, said Herman White, LenDale’s uncle who helped raise LenDale here in Denver.

The team has already placed White on Injured Reserve, ending his season. White is planning on going through the rehab process at Dove Valley under the supervision of the Broncos’ doctors and athletic trainers.

“He’s got a steep hill to climb, but it can be climb. He recognizes how extensive this rehab is going to be,” Herman White said.

This week also marks the official start of White’s four-game suspension for violationing the league’s substance abuse policy.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
More from Lindsay

RT @thegarymiller: Supposed to be in the low 90's Sunday in Jacksonville with high humidity. May be the hottest home game in Jags history. 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 10:51 PM
More from Lindsay

RT @thegarymiller: Supposed to be in the low 90's Sunday in Jacksonville with high humidity. May be the hottest home game in Jags history. 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Just the type of games that have plagued the Broncos forever in Florida. the main reason I see it as a loss. that coupled with having really poor at best luck with early east coast games.

I'm hoping that Josh can find a fix for both of those issues, like the inability to win in DEC in KC. It is a mind issue more than anything else.

With almost a complete turn over of personnel I'm hoping that these bugs the skulls will be reversed.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2010, 02:46 PM

# #Broncos Blog: Broncos select 7 captains http://dpo.st/9rvTLW 5 minutes ago via dlvr.it

# Been told Tim will be personally updating his @TimTebow twitter account. ... But I bet others at his Foundation have a hand in it too. 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# RB Andre Brown made his Broncos practice debut today, wearing jersey No. 26. 14 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Only two players were held out of practice today: RT Ryan Harris and S Darcel McBath. Do not expect either to play Sunday. 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# RT @tebowfoundation: TTF is proud to announce the launch of www.TimTebow.com as well as his official Facebook and... http://fb.me/IUb1bAPs 16 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2010, 01:14 PM
# Sprained left ankle (a week ago vs. Minn) RT @JustinCasias: What happened to Ryan Harris? 36 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said RT Ryan Harris likely won't practice today. I can't imagine Harris actually plays. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Josh McDaniels said today he's hopeful both Demaryius Thomas and Knowshon Moreno will play Sun vs. Jax. Neither played in preseason. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Nomad
09-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Just the type of games that have plagued the Broncos forever in Florida. the main reason I see it as a loss. that coupled with having really poor at best luck with early east coast games.

I'm hoping that Josh can find a fix for both of those issues, like the inability to win in DEC in KC. It is a mind issue more than anything else.

With almost a complete turn over of personnel I'm hoping that these bugs the skulls will be reversed.

The heat and humidity is Tebow's comfort zone!!;):D These guys are going to need to drink plenty of fluids. I have a good feeling they'll win!!

Well, I hear CO is hot and burning away too! At least not like here where we are in sweatshirts and cold rain and today's my youngest sons first game of the season!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
# We don't get to watch much practice -- only stretching + indv drills -- but Demaryius Thomas is noticeably faster + more confident each day 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# Same practice roll call as yesterday: Only players missing are Harris (ankle) and McBath (forearm). 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

broncofaninfla
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
The heat and humidity is Tebow's comfort zone!!;):D These guys are going to need to drink plenty of fluids. I have a good feeling they'll win!!

Well, I hear CO is hot and burning away too! At least not like here where we are in sweatshirts and cold rain and today's my youngest sons first game of the season!!

I live about 5 hours away from Jax and it is f-ing HOT and HUMID outside today and has been this week. Denver will be out of their element for sure, hopefully they can play through it and win.

MasterShake
09-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I live about 5 hours away from Jax and it is f-ing HOT and HUMID outside today and has been this week. Denver will be out of their element for sure, hopefully they can play through it and win.

They get a fast start and it won't matter. I think we win this one easily for some reason.

Wait. The reason is I am a homer.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Rich Gannon is picking Denver. Could come down to end of game. Thinks Kyle will have a breakout year. McD will open up the offense. Though he is worrried about the health of the team. That garrard has issues along with their new coaches. McD says clady will start and Harris is 50/50.

topscribe
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
They get a fast start and it won't matter. I think we win this one easily for some reason.

Wait. The reason is I am a homer.

That's fine, provided you do not forget that I am the award winner for that . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2010, 04:12 PM
No changes to the Broncos injury report from yesterday: D. Thomas, Graham, A. Brown, Moreno all full participation; Harris + McBath DNP.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
# They just started. Will let you know in a couple hours RT @DerekVanRiper: Was Demaryius Thomas a full, or limited participant today? about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Kuper appeared to injure ankle at end of 3Q on Sunday. Royal had his thigh heavily wrapped in 2nd half vs. Jax. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Practice roll call ... Players out: Eddie Royal, Maroney, McBath, Chris Kuper, Ryan Harris. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos News: McDaniels says Maroney a good addition to Broncos' backfield http://dpo.st/9PJQm6 about 1 hour ago via dlvr.it

# Yes. RT @CCAurandt: Is Moreno still the starter? about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Day1BroncoFan
09-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Maroney is out injured... already?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2010, 04:37 PM

In the article where Coach McD stated he was a good add for the Broncos, Coach McD said he was not sure Maroney would practice today - so, I don't think that means a definite injured situation.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2010, 04:39 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/15/ryan-harris-invites-fans-to-opening-of-new-business/5156/

Broncos right tackle Ryan Harris might be dealing with some injury issues of his own right now — he’s recovering from a sprained ankle and did not practice Wednesday — but he’s been plenty busy off the field.

Harris has founded a business called Harris Home Health, which provides medical and non-medical services and assistance in areas like Alzheimer management, cancer treatment and recovery, physical therapy, long-term disability, diabetic management and prevention, palliative car and end of life care.

Harris invites fans to the grand opening of Harris Home Health on Saturday from 2-4 p.m. The grand opening event is free and will include food, prizes and the chance to meet several Broncos players, including Harris, left tackle Ryan Clady, quarterback Brady Quinn and kicker Matt Prater. Fans can also win an autographed football, a pair of lower-level tickets to the team’s home game on Oct. 24 against Oakland, massages and personal training sessions among other prizes. The event will be held at the Harris Home Health office at 19641 East Parker Square Drive in Parker.

“We’re excited to be able to provide the highest level of care through a variety of services delivered by professionals who priorities are the comfort, happiness and overall well-being of the individuals they serve,” Harris said in a statement.

For more information, please visit www.harrishomehealth.com

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2010, 04:42 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/15/mcdaniels-and-nuggets-coach-karl-exhange-info-at-dove-valley/5154/

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels is a pretty secretive guy when it comes to his team’s meetings and game plans. But on Wednesday he was more than happy to open his meeting rooms and practice session at Dove Valley to welcome Nuggets head coach George Karl.

McDaniels invited Karl, who is recovering from throat cancer, to spend the day here to information, discussing philosophies on coaching, scouting, teaching, and game preparation.

“I’m a big fan of his and what he’s done in his career. He’s had great success in the NBA and I’m a big NBA fan,” McDaniels said. “Certainly he’s overcome a great deal of adversity, personally with the things he’s had to deal with. It’s just a great privilege to have him around us.”

Karl said he was a silent observer in the Broncos morning meetings but that he would speak to the full team later Wednesday if asked by McDaniels. Karl said he was impressed with the level of sophistication of the Broncos’ preparation — comparing it to the way the Nuggets get ready for a playoff series. It seems the two coaches also share some basic philosophies.

“The one thing he said in his talk today that I really believe in is it’s how you play. It’s not necessarily how well you play or who you play,” Karl said. “Teaching is developing your players into how to play the game the right way. And the more players you have that play the right way, the easier it is to coach.”

Both coaches were asked, somewhat in jest, if Karl would seek advice from McDaniels on how to deal with an unhappy superstar player. Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony is reportedly looking for a trade, a situation to which McDaniels can surely relate after dealing with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall in the last two offseasons.

“Fortunately that’s not my realm of responsibility,” Karl said. “My realm is trying to convince Melo to stay, and I’ll continue to do that when I have the opportunity.”

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2010, 04:43 PM
# Pete Carroll said former Bronco Tyler Polumbus on track to start at LT vs. Broncos. He said Ben Hamilton will play, and could start, too. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# Get your Seahawks related news this week from @dannyoneil of the Seattle Times. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

CANHawk
09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
# Pete Carroll said former Bronco Tyler Polumbus on track to start at LT vs. Broncos. He said Ben Hamilton will play, and could start, too. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# Get your Seahawks related news this week from @dannyoneil of the Seattle Times. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Yeah, Danny's probably the best. Eric Williams at the News Tribune is pretty good too. http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/

As a recovering Sonic's fan, George Karl kicks ass!

underrated29
09-15-2010, 05:26 PM

Maroney was injured before we traded for him. He missed the opener for NE last week with injury...I thin kit was an ankle...

I had him in one of my FF leagues, that is how i know about his injury.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Maroney was injured before we traded for him. He missed the opener for NE last week with injury...I thin kit was an ankle...

I had him in one of my FF leagues, that is how i know about his injury.

I heard it was a thigh injury (whatever that means). Could be a Charlie Horse or a tear, who knows?

BeefStew25
09-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Polumbus starting. Man that is great news.

topscribe
09-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Polumbus starting. Man that is great news.

I just read that Hamilton might be starting right next to him . . .

-----

Traveler
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
I just read that Hamilton might be starting right next to him . . .

-----

Too bad we don't have anyone that can rag doll him the way he got abused when playing for us.

BeefStew25
09-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Ayers was busy on Sunday. Let's all focus and breathe.

claymore
09-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Polumbus at LT. Doom would have had 8 sacks.

Bosco
09-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Too bad we don't have anyone that can rag doll him the way he got abused when playing for us.

Jamal Williams used to do that with regularity.

spikerman
09-15-2010, 07:59 PM
I can't help but wonder what it would mean if Seattle is able to come into Denver with both Hamilton and Polumbus playing and effectively run the ball and protect the QB.

Traveler
09-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Jamal Williams used to do that with regularity.

Let's see if he still can. Getting a bad feeling about this game. Bad part is, I don't know why.

topscribe
09-16-2010, 08:56 AM
I can't help but wonder what it would mean if Seattle is able to come into Denver with both Hamilton and Polumbus playing and effectively run the ball and protect the QB.

Let's see if he still can. Getting a bad feeling about this game. Bad part is, I don't know why.

Football is not a game of karma. It is a game of performance on the field. And
that is where I have yet to see Polumbus play effectively.

I believe the Broncos have their jaws set that no one is going to come in and
give them an opening day loss in their house. The 'Hawks experienced last week
what it was like to be on the winning side of a blowout. They just may now find
out what it is to be on the losing side of the same kind of deal . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thwink.gif

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Roll call: Eddie Royal returned to practice. Out: Kuper, Harris, J. Williams, Maroney, McBath

McDaniels said there's a chance both Kuper and Harris will be able to play Sun vs. Seattle. Won't know more till later in week, tho about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

broncofaninfla
09-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Roll call: Eddie Royal returned to practice. Out: Kuper, Harris, J. Williams, Maroney, McBath

McDaniels said there's a chance both Kuper and Harris will be able to play Sun vs. Seattle. Won't know more till later in week, tho about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

Yikes! I didn't know Royal was hurt and we stand a chance to not have Williams, Harris or Kuper?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Royal was limited in practice w groin injury. D Thomas 2nd day of full participation. J. Williams' absence non-injury related. 40 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

rcsodak
09-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Yikes! I didn't know Royal was hurt and we stand a chance to not have Williams, Harris or Kuper?

Remember...this is just a 'participation' list. Nothing more, unless already mentioned on injured report (harris/mcbath).

Tned
09-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Remember...this is just a 'participation' list. Nothing more, unless already mentioned on injured report (harris/mcbath).

I'm pretty sure a groin injury is an injury by definition, not just a lack of participation.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty sure a groin injury is an injury by definition, not just a lack of participation.

I think rc meant participation = practice, and Lindsay stated Royal was limited in practice due to the groin injury.

rcsodak
09-16-2010, 09:34 PM

unless already mentioned on injured report

I was referring to JWilliams...evidently glassed over royal. Thanks for the definition of a definition. :D

Tned
09-16-2010, 09:38 PM
I was referring to JWilliams...evidently glassed over royal. Thanks for the definition of a definition. :D

Seemed like you needed the help. I'm sure you fully appreciate that a "chance to use sarcasm is a terrible thing to waste" ;)

Hopefully, Royal's groin injury isn't too much of a problem.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2010, 11:53 AM
# McDaniels sounded optimistic that Demaryius Thomas will make his debut on Sunday. "He's had two good days of practice," McD said. less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# Doesn't sound like R. Harris will play Sunday. McDaniels said Kuper will be a "Sunday decision." If Kuper can't go, Hochstein will play RG.

rcsodak
09-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Seemed like you needed the help. I'm sure you fully appreciate that a "chance to use sarcasm is a terrible thing to waste" ;)

Hopefully, Royal's groin injury isn't too much of a problem.
T, I've always thought you were nothing less than a consummate professional

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Broncos DE Ryan McBean has been fined $5,000 by the league for unnecessary roughness for facemask penalty on Jax RB Maurice Jones-Drew. 32 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Mephisto
09-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Broncos DE Ryan McBean has been fined $5,000 by the league for unnecessary roughness for facemask penalty on Jax RB Maurice Jones-Drew. 32 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Only $167/yard (counting both penalties). Wonder if his unemployment check will cover it?

Day1BroncoFan
09-17-2010, 05:01 PM

Hope he learned his lesson.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-21-2010, 05:21 PM
The team announced today it has waived RB Lance Ball and re-signed Andre Brown to the active roster from the practice squad 33 minutes ago via TweetDeck

rcsodak
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Only $167/yard (counting both penalties). Wonder if his unemployment check will cover it?
He only got hit for 1.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/24/rookie-perrish-cox-eric-decker-fined-by-league/5354/

The Denver Post’s Jeff Legwold is reporting rookie Perrish Cox has been fined $7,500 for his throat-slashing gesture following his interception during the Broncos’ 31-14 win last Sunday against Seattle.

Rookie receiver Eric Decker was also fined $5,000 for a late hit on a special teams play.

Ravage!!!
09-24-2010, 04:29 PM
It ws after the 911 that they outlawed the throat slashing gesture. Where has this kid been? Are theeey still using that "in the hood?" :confused: Then again, he was probably only 13 years old during the season they outlawed he rule. But still.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Nope. He didn't even have his left arm wrapped at practice today RT @JDangerously21: any injury concerns about Demaryius Thomas this week?

rcsodak
09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/24/rookie-perrish-cox-eric-decker-fined-by-league/5354/

The Denver Post’s Jeff Legwold is reporting rookie Perrish Cox has been fined $7,500 for his throat-slashing gesture following his interception during the Broncos’ 31-14 win last Sunday against Seattle.

Rookie receiver Eric Decker was also fined $5,000 for a late hit on a special teams play.
I saw cox do that and was hoping nobody upstairs did as well. Youth=over-exhuberance=dumbshittedness.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2010, 01:13 PM
# With Larsen out, TE Dan Gronkowski will line up some in the backfield.Gronk should get plenty of snaps, w the 2 TE sets and added FB duties. 29 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# CB Andre Goodman, who missed the Indy game with a thigh inj "is doing fine," McD said. A tough guy who will try to play vs. Tenn. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# RT Ryan Harris had another good practice Thursday and McDaniels expects Harris to play. Will be his 1st game since preseason finale. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said "probably be out" regarding Knowshon. Will give KM benefit of the doubt, but very likely KM doesn't go bc of hamstring injury about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

underrated29
10-01-2010, 01:18 PM
# With Larsen out, TE Dan Gronkowski will line up some in the backfield.Gronk should get plenty of snaps, w the 2 TE sets and added FB duties. 29 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# CB Andre Goodman, who missed the Indy game with a thigh inj "is doing fine," McD said. A tough guy who will try to play vs. Tenn. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# RT Ryan Harris had another good practice Thursday and McDaniels expects Harris to play. Will be his 1st game since preseason finale. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said "probably be out" regarding Knowshon. Will give KM benefit of the doubt, but very likely KM doesn't go bc of hamstring injury about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

As much as I want my boy to play, leave knowshon out. let him heal those hams. We dont want a busted tire every week. lets fix the flat, then ball out in a week or two.

broncophan
10-01-2010, 01:45 PM
wow....Moreno out again??......wonder what he did to that hamstring.....it was my understanding....that he hurt it on last Friday...when they were supposed to only be doing a "walkthrough"........and now he's out for the second straight game??.......

Buff
10-01-2010, 01:51 PM
wow....Moreno out again??......wonder what he did to that hamstring.....it was my understanding....that he hurt it on last Friday...when they were supposed to only be doing a "walkthrough"........and now he's out for the second straight game??.......

My personal opinion is that he hurt it in the game against the Seahawks and McDaniels kept it under wraps until Fri, and then claimed he tweaked it in practice as a little Belicheck injury report gamesmanship during Colts week. But they were saying it would be a 2-3 week injury last week.

I have nothing to base that on, other than the fact that it seems unlikely that he would hurt it so badly in non-contact drills.

rcsodak
10-01-2010, 03:25 PM
My personal opinion is that he hurt it in the game against the Seahawks and McDaniels kept it under wraps until Fri, and then claimed he tweaked it in practice as a little Belicheck injury report gamesmanship during Colts week. But they were saying it would be a 2-3 week injury last week.

I have nothing to base that on, other than the fact that it seems unlikely that he would hurt it so badly in non-contact drills.
guys, the team said he hurt his other hammy on THURSDAY. It was reportred, iirc, on friday.

Bosco
10-01-2010, 05:02 PM
It ws after the 911 that they outlawed the throat slashing gesture. Where has this kid been? Are theeey still using that "in the hood?" :confused: Then again, he was probably only 13 years old during the season they outlawed he rule. But still.

It was earlier than that I think. I seem to recall it being banned around 1999 or 2000. Oddly enough, it was a Lions DB making the gesture to Favre after an interception that brought along that change.

(Insert Favre joke here)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2010, 05:08 PM
# @HitHardnHustle Gaffney is the most experienced, in the most packages. Wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas get more and more work though. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck in reply to HitHardnHustle

# @mikehartCXO Guys ruled out normally don't travel, so would I would think Knowshon would head to Boulder on Sat. But I don't know for sure. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to mikehartCXO

# WW hadn't been playing on defense. So, none, really. Mays + Moss already on ST RT @craigary: Who fills in for Woodyard? Mays or Moss? 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Someday, maybe they'll have all 3 at once! RT @Justin_Letto: at least mcbath is there again, that would have been catastrophic for ST unit 42 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# There truly isn't one. Lloyd leads in yards, but Gaff + Royal lead in catches. RT @HitHardnHustle: IYO, which wr is the #1 in Denver? 43 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Though Harris + Goodman officially questionable, both are expected to play vs. Tennessee. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Having both Larsen and Woodyard out is a serious blow to special teams. Among the top two cover guys, best tacklers. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Moreno, Larsen and Woodyard all officially out for Sunday, per the injury report. Harris, Goodman questionable. Dawkins probable. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Yep. He'll be the 6th lineman because he can play G or T RT @Sayre_Bedinger: Harris is a go, so will Beadles be a backup now? about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# TE Dan Gronkowski will get some work there RT @joshjryan: @PostBroncos have the Broncos announced a plan for fullback this Sunday? about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# He's in the nickel package, but no sacks yet RT @itsRODshawty: wats the deal with Jarvis Moss? I was expecting him to have a breakout year about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# yes RT @jefferywilliams: Does Ryan Harris still look like a-go against Tennessee Sunday? about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# He's fine. Played last week, too. RT @TerryDykstra: Chris Kuper playing? haven't heard anything about him this week about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

Bosco
10-01-2010, 05:25 PM
# He's in the nickel package, but no sacks yet RT @itsRODshawty: wats the deal with Jarvis Moss? I was expecting him to have a breakout year about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Did they take away the sack he had against Seattle?

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2010, 05:28 PM

Don't know - don't even remember the situation. Is it possible on the play that there was a penalty against the Broncos? Maybe someone can remember the exact play.

Elevation inc
10-01-2010, 06:09 PM

no he was credited with the sack according to profootballfocus.com.....he has 1 sack on the year...but a bad overall rating he has a -1.0 overall rating on 23 plays...not very good.....0 is average....-2 is poor

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2010, 09:40 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/10/01/special-teams-unit-hurt-by-injuries/5407/

The Broncos will play Sunday at Tennessee without two of their top special teams players. Fullback Spencer Larsen (ankle) and linebacker Wesley Woodyard (hamstring) have both been ruled out with injuries.

The team will miss Larsen on offense, sure, since is the only true fullback on the roste (Tight end Dan Gronkowski is learning the position and will line up in the backfield at times), but the team will most miss Larsen and Woodyard on the coverage and return units. Woodyard is also the team’s specials teams captain.

And those units right now could use all the help they can get. The Broncos are allowing an average of 27.7 yards per kickoff return and 16.0 yards per punt return, both ranking near the bottom of the league. The Broncos’ kickoff return group is ranked No. 29 at 18.3 yards per return.

With a roster loaded with defensive backs and wide receivers, the Broncos special teams units were on the smaller side to begin with. Losing two of the bigger, more physical players, surely can’t help.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
# McDaniels said they'll be evaluating that group this week. Expect to see some different bodies (bigger? starters?) out there next week. 27 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Rewatching the kickoff coverage .... that unit is very young, a lot of smaller/fast guys, very few -- if any -- starters. ... 28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

underrated29
10-04-2010, 06:03 PM
# McDaniels said they'll be evaluating that group this week. Expect to see some different bodies (bigger? starters?) out there next week. 27 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Rewatching the kickoff coverage .... that unit is very young, a lot of smaller/fast guys, very few -- if any -- starters. ... 28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

what group? us? Where? bigger bodies on the kick off coverage?

The ravens kickoff is fast and samll with few starters?

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Kyle Orton called out Tennessee cornerback Cortland Finnegan for “cheap” play after Sunday’s game in Nashville, including a play in which Finnegan hit a helmet-less Chris Kuper.

The NFL agreed, and fined Finnegan $10,000 for unnecessary roughness. It was the third straight week of fines for Finnegan, for a total of $20,000. The league also warned Finnegan that he could face “increased disciplinary action” for future infractions, according to The Tennessean.

Finnegan, though, was not the only player to receive a fine. Broncos linebacker Mario Haggan was dinged for $5,000 for a blow to the face against a Tennessee player. He was penalized on the play.

Tennessee defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks was also fined $5,000 for his roughing the passer penalty on Orton. Marks and Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher both disputed the call — saying that Marks hit Orton in the thigh, not the knees.

rcsodak
10-10-2010, 08:21 AM
I've always thought the Ravens as dirty. Too many elbows, hits after the whistle, etc. Denver needs to continue to watch their p's/q's and not retaliate.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
# Nothing's wrong with Harris health-wise. It's an odd move, and Josh didn't elaborate by saying RH + ZB were interchangeable. 12 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Seems like Moss will get first shot, but Haggan an option, too. RT @randyschwimmer7: what are we doing about the lack of OLB? about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Looked like Zane Beadles was with the starting OL at right tackle during the open session of practice again. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Notable: Jamal Williams, who normally gets Thursday off, was at practice today. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Knowshon Moreno is back at practice today. 6 players out -- the 5 def guys who are hurt, plus Demaryius. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
10-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Knowshon will practice again today. Demaryius Thomas will also practice. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
10-15-2010, 11:19 AM
# McDaniels said Demaryius passed all of his tests following his concussion and was symptom free two days in a row. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

# A roster move could be coming this week to bolster special teams, McDaniels said. Likely candidate is S Kyle McCarthy. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said Hochstein will likely start again at LG. No decision yet at RT between Harris + Beadles. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

broncofaninfla
10-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Hoch is starting again???? WTF?

silkamilkamonico
10-15-2010, 12:39 PM

I think one thing is evidently clear, imho.

If there isn't a major turnover of olinemen this next offseason, it's time to push the panic button on McDaniels.

BroncoWave
10-15-2010, 12:45 PM

Would you rather it be Daniels?

Elevation inc
10-15-2010, 02:30 PM

he played better than any OL member last week....

BroncoWave
10-15-2010, 03:00 PM
These tweets from Lindsay seem encouraging:

"I'm not sure what this means, if anything, but this week is the loosest I've seen the Broncos all year."

"After the loss to Baltimore last year, the way the team tightened up was tangible. Seems to be handling it differently -- better? -- now."

www.twitter.com/postbroncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-15-2010, 05:32 PM
From Vic Lombardi http://twitter.com/viclombardi

Demaryius Thomas much-improved. He'll play. Can he play o-line?
19 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

topscribe
10-15-2010, 08:06 PM
From Vic Lombardi http://twitter.com/viclombardi

Demaryius Thomas much-improved. He'll play. Can he play o-line?
19 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

You know, as loaded as the Broncos' WR position is and deficient as the (receiving)
TE position is, I have seriously wondered how DT would do in a Shannon Sharpe-
type capacity at TE. They're about the same size, and DT is faster . . . and Shannon
himself started out at WR.

Just a thought . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
10-15-2010, 10:19 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/10/15/wink-and-rex-and-highlands-ranch-high-school-game/5519/

I’m at the local sports bar when I look up and there’s New York Jets’ coach Rex Ryan and Broncos’ defensive coordinator Don “Wink” Martindale sitting in the bleachers at the Highlands Ranch-Thunder Ridge high school football game. Sitting in between was Martindale’s wife, Laura.

Ryan and Martindale have been close since they were on the University of Cincinnati defensive coaching staff in 1996. The Jets don’t play the Broncos until Sunday but Ryan brought his Jets in a day earlier than usual because of the altitude factor (now I know the Broncos have a chance.)

And Martindale’s son, Ty, plays for Highlands Ranch. So does Ed Donatell’s son, by the way. Steven Donatell is Highlands Ranch quarterback. Ed is the Broncos’ defensive backs coach.

Highlands Ranch has some work to do, though. It was down, 12-7 at halftime.

Lonestar
10-15-2010, 10:29 PM
I think one thing is evidently clear, imho.

If there isn't a major turnover of olinemen this next offseason, it's time to push the panic button on McDaniels.

Did you not see that Hockstien had the highest grade of all the OLINE last game?

It was IIRC a positive grade while the rest of them were average or worse.

Elevation inc
10-16-2010, 04:01 AM
Did you not see that Hockstien had the highest grade of all the OLINE last game?

It was IIRC a positive grade while the rest of them were average or worse.

site is BS remember:rolleyes:

:lol:

only the meida hacks and fans watching have a good view or idea or knowledge of what goes on...not some site that spends hours on analyzing game broadcasts every day.....

broncofaninfla
10-16-2010, 07:28 AM
You guys do realize that Hoch is #71 right? I don't care what some stats site says bout him, when he's not on his *ss or chasng the guy he is supposed to block, he is getting absolutlety no push at the line. Hoch sucked last year and he sucks this year. He is the Nate Webster of o linemen. Daniels isn't much better either which makes me wonder why Beadles is being moved to rt. Starting to think he blows too but willng to give him time. In his defense, the broncos haven't given him time to gel anwhere on the line. I can't help but think there are free agents out there that could come in straight off the street and perform better at lg than anybody we currently have. It's fustrating to see what has happened to Denvers oline.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Of the 45 players who were active and in uniform for the Broncos on Sunday, there was only one who didn’t step on the field.

That was right tackle Ryan Harris, a 16-game starter in 2008 and starter in 2009 until a broken toe ended his season in early November.

Harris missed the first three games of this season with an ankle injury, but returned to the starting lineup two weeks ago at Tennessee. But after a rough day in Baltimore last week, coaches opted to give Beadles another shot at right tackle. (Beadles started the games when Harris was out).

On Monday morning, coach Josh McDaniels said Beadles played well enough Sunday against the New York Jets to remain the starter. Though McDaniels said the spot remains “competitive,” this is bad news for Harris, who is in the final year of his contract in Denver.

“I thought [Beadles] played tough in there, did a decent job in pass protection against a team that really gives you a lot of different looks and brings different types of pressure,” McDaniels said.

McDaniels said Harris’ demotion was the result of “a combination of a lot of things,” including the ankle injury he suffered in the preseason finale at Minnesota. Because of the two injuries, Harris made only one start from Nov. 1, 2009 until two weeks ago.

Beadles, though, is projected long-term in the NFL at guard, and McDaniels late last week even referred to Beadles — a second-round pick from Utah — as a “jack of all trades, master of none.” So it remains unclear what the team’s long-term plans are at right tackle. Certainly McDaniels is leaving the door open for Harris to earn back his starting job. However, his reps will certainly decrease in practice.

“They compete in practice hard,” McDaniels said. “If it makes them both better, that’s a great thing for our team.”

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
# Tebow described his first NFL touchdown as "nice." Of course he did. He said he thinks he'll give the ball to his dad. half a minute ago via TweetDeck

# Hill, on his contact w/ Holmes: "That's all it was, accidental. With the hand, I was just trying to catch my balance. That's all I can say" 31 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Hill: "That's what got me off balance. I don't know that I'd do anything differently in that situation." 32 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Broncos S Renaldo Hill said he "felt a little tug" from Santonio Holmes on the 4th down play yesterday. 32 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Broncos currently have 2 practice squad spots open, so there will be moves on Tuesday. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# No roster moves today for the Broncos. Willis will go on IR, but hasn't officially happened yet. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Tim Tebow has the beginnings of a black eye. Still, he said it felt good to get hit. "Makes you feel like you're playing football again." about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

topscribe
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Hmmm . . . Hill makes a funny jerk backwards into Holmes as he was trying to
catch the ball. And Holmes appeared to have NO chance at catching the ball. Had
it not been for them getting tangled up, Hill would have been the one to catch it.

I believe Hill was right as this article covers it (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b6f8f8/article/broncos-cb-hill-believes-he-was-on-wrong-end-of-penalty-call). The PI should have been on Holmes.

But, as Orton said, that was last week. It's time to think of Oakland. Still, it hurts . . .

BTW, here (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b6870d/GameDay-Jets-vs-Broncos-highlights) is the link to the highlight. It's near the end, of course.

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2010, 05:29 PM
# #Broncos Blog: Broncos promote LB Briggs to active roster http://dpo.st/a92dpG 2 minutes ago via dlvr.it

# RT @gregaiello: A communication will go to clubs, coaches, players Weds about increased discipline for violations of player safety rules. 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck

LRtagger
10-19-2010, 06:15 PM
You guys do realize that Hoch is #71 right? I don't care what some stats site says bout him, when he's not on his *ss or chasng the guy he is supposed to block, he is getting absolutlety no push at the line. Hoch sucked last year and he sucks this year. He is the Nate Webster of o linemen. Daniels isn't much better either which makes me wonder why Beadles is being moved to rt. Starting to think he blows too but willng to give him time. In his defense, the broncos haven't given him time to gel anwhere on the line. I can't help but think there are free agents out there that could come in straight off the street and perform better at lg than anybody we currently have. It's fustrating to see what has happened to Denvers oline.

He is on par with Daniels in staight up blocking, but he is much better than Daniels when he pulls. Hoch made the key block on Tebow's TD. He's not a great lineman and should be a backup, but he's the best option he have at the moment.

We will draft an interior lineman guaranteed in 2011.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2010, 10:33 PM
# Same as last week. Sprained knee ligament. RT @GeorgeSisneros: What's up with Dawkins? about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# More info on the Raiders' QB situation, from the Oakland Tribune: http://bit.ly/aw5jyd about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# For #Raiders, Gradkowski, Campbell and McFadden among the 6 limited participants. ... about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Everyone who attended practice for #Broncos was a full participant. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# The other five were same as last week: Dawkins (knee), Goodman (thigh), McBath (ankle), Woodyard (hamstring), Ayers (foot) about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Per injury report, Lloyd's practice absence was non-injury related; Champ was out b/c of sore ribs. Vickerson + Royal = groin. ... about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos News: "Road Raiders" have attention of Broncos' McDaniels http://dpo.st/bhAcpp about 5 hours ago via dlvr.it

# Team is still practicing, so don't have more specifics on a couple injuries. Will update as soon as inj report is out, as always. about 5 hours ago via TweetDeck

# For those scoring at home: That's both starting corners, two safeties, two linebackers (1 OLB, 1 ILB), two wide receivers and one DL. Ouch. about 6 hours ago via TweetDeck

# 9 players held out of practice today: Royal, Dawkins, Goodman, Bailey, McBath, Ayers, Woodyard, Lloyd, Vickerson. about 6 hours ago via TweetDeck

# To answer yesterday's question, @TimTebow's puppy, Bronco, is a Rhodesian ridgeback. 15 weeks old. He's going to be a big boy. about 7 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Orton, cracking jokes. Said he doesn't need to work with the Jugs machine for catching passes. "I've got great hands," he said. about 8 hours ago via TweetDeck

# McD said a big offensive focus is scoring points early. Broncos have scored only 7 points in the first quarter all season. about 8 hours ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said he would be in favor of a replay official in the booth helping determine if hits are legal/illegal. about 8 hours ago via TweetDeck

# No practice today for: Dawkins, Goodman, Champ, Royal, Vickerson, Ayers, Woodyard, McBath. None ruled out for game. about 8 hours ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Oakland Trib has reported it will be Campbell, barring any last-min setback RT @gorox1983: have the raiders named a starting QB yet? about 6 hours ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/10/25/broncos-make-a-minor-roster-move/5635/

It was hardly the day-after-a-debacle move many Broncos fans certainly were hoping for, but the team did make one roster move on Monday.

The team announced it has waived reserve linebacker Diyral Briggs, who had been promoted to the active roster from the practice squad last week. Briggs was active in Sunday’s 59-14 loss to the Raiders, but played only on special teams.

The move could signal that inside linebacker/special teams ace Wesley Woodyard is ready (or very near ready) to return from his hamstring injury that has bothered him for about a month.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2010, 02:57 PM
# #Broncos roll call: Out of practice -- Royal, McBath, Cox, Ayers, Woodyard, Vickerson. 28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos News: Denver Broncos eyeing ... The 49ers http://dpo.st/bfxUzq 28 minutes ago via dlvr.it

# Brian Dawkins and Andre Goodman are back at practice for the Broncos today. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos News: Briefs: How many reasons for inconsistent defense? "A bunch" http://dpo.st/cOh5KC about 2 hours ago via dlvr.it

# McDaniels: We have to continue to make progress. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# McD: Perrish Cox is "up in the air." He's going through the post-concussion procedure. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Any other guys, that might have even a slight chance to play, will make the trip, McDaniels said. I would imagine Dawkins is in that group about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said it is unlikey that McBath, Ayers and Woodyard will make the trip to London. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said his message to the team today was about moving forward. "We know we're capable of much better," he said. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels kicks off his press conference with lots of praise for the 49ers -- Gore, defense's ability to create turnovers, Vernon Davis. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16438392?source=rss

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Tuesday that his team's focus is on moving forward, not looking back at Sunday's 59-14 loss to Oakland.

Because the Broncos are on an unusual week, with a long trip to London at the end of it, there was not much time to rehash the debacle at Invesco Field. Instead, McDaniels focused most of the comments in his Tuesday press conference on San Francisco.

"I think our team knows it is capable of much better, our staff knows it is capable of much better, and to sit there and belabor it at this point, when it is going to interfere with a day we're using to prepare for our next opponent, I think we did what we did what we needed to do and put it behind us, and our focus is solely on the 49ers," McDaniels said.

It should help the moving-on process that the team had two of its veteran defensive starters back at practice Tuesday. Safety Brian Dawkins and cornerback Andre' Goodman have each missed the last two games.

McDaniels did not yet officially rule out any other players from Sunday's game in London, but he did say it was unlikely linebackers Robert Ayers (foot), Wesley Woodyard (hamstring) and safety Darcel McBath (ankle) would make the trip. Each of those players has been out since the Week 5 game at Baltimore.

In addition to those three players, receiver Eddie Royal (groin), cornerback Perrish Cox (concussion) and defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson (groin) were held out of the practice.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2010, 11:39 AM
# Concussion RT @IkeyFuknDaDDEY: why isn't perrish cox goin to London 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Josh McDaniels announced today that Perrish Cox and Kevin Vickerson won't be traveling to London. That makes 5 not coming. 19 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos News: Briefs: Moss familiar with the 49ers' starter at QB http://dpo.st/cjCvOY 27 minutes ago via dlvr.it

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2010, 12:04 PM
# Andre Goodman should be good to go, so no. RT @SportsGuyTy: Could mean a start for Cassius Vaughn? #OleMiss 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2010, 02:07 PM
# I would expect, then, that Royal plays Sunday, barring any sort of setback with the plane trip to London. 27 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Eddie Royal listed as a limited participant in Thursday's practice. 28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2010, 10:26 AM
# Champ's message to Bronco fans: "Hang in there. We’re going to find a way," Bailey said. "We’re going to keep working." about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

# More Dawk: "We have to make sure this second half of the season does not mirror the first half." about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

Brian Dawkins was emphatic that this #Broncos team isn't finished. "It will change," he said. about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

Elevation inc
11-01-2010, 01:57 PM
# Champ's message to Bronco fans: "Hang in there. We’re going to find a way," Bailey said. "We’re going to keep working." about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

# More Dawk: "We have to make sure this second half of the season does not mirror the first half." about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

Brian Dawkins was emphatic that this #Broncos team isn't finished. "It will change," he said. about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

they both better pray to god there right....we finish strong and play our best ball in november/december fine thats great

but i think most fans are tired of the talking and now want results....

Dean
11-01-2010, 02:27 PM
they both better pray to god there right....we finish strong and play our best ball in november/december fine thats great

but i think most fans are tired of the talking and now want results....

Fans always want results. However, they don't agree on what results they want . . . short of a Super Bowl.

Elevation inc
11-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Fans always want results. However, they don't agree on what results they want . . . short of a Super Bowl.

very true for me i dont want or need a Sb though.....at minumum i just want a competitive team thats, hardworking, and physically and mentally tough. I want a team that will clsoe games it has leads in, and not get blown out by weaker division rivals at home.....

MasterShake
11-02-2010, 09:07 AM
very true for me i dont want or need a Sb though.....at minumum i just want a competitive team thats, hardworking, and physically and mentally tough. I want a team that will clsoe games it has leads in, and not get blown out by weaker division rivals at home.....

I don't think Oakland is a weaker division rival anymore unfortunately. They have a better defense, better oline, and better run game. They give up the run, too, but they can also pound it down your throat. They are not 59-14 type better than us mind you, but I'm not shocked to lose to the Raiders this year.

The Broncos are snakebit this year between injuries and iffy calls and just bad play in the trenches on both sides. I never would have thought we would have such a bad run game, or give up so many sacks a game. When Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd are your only offense, your team is in trouble. Hopefully the bye week will give us time to refocus and get healthy and make a respectable second half push. I'm gonna hope for a win every week but not be surprised if it doesn't happen. I think the rest of the season will be dictated on how well we handle the Chiefs at home.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2010, 05:52 PM
It only took till November, but the Broncos offensive line looks today like we all thought it would look back in August.

The Broncos opened practice today with the following offensive line: RT Ryan Harris, RG Chris Kuper, C J.D. Walton, LG Zane Beadles and LT Ryan Clady.

McDaniels earlier in the day played coy about any potential moves on the line following the bye, but it appears Harris has his job back at right tackle, while the team is giving Beadles another shot at left guard, where he first spent most of training camp.

“There are some moving parts, I think. We are going to see how it goes,” coach Josh McDaniels said Tuesday before practice. “We certainly can fix some things. That isn’t putting the onus on one player or the other, I just think we are trying to find the most productive group that we can and that is happening in a lot of different places on our football team. So, we are going to see how that pans out this week.”

SoCalImport
11-09-2010, 06:20 PM
It only took till November, but the Broncos offensive line looks today like we all thought it would look back in August.

The Broncos opened practice today with the following offensive line: RT Ryan Harris, RG Chris Kuper, C J.D. Walton, LG Zane Beadles and LT Ryan Clady.

McDaniels earlier in the day played coy about any potential moves on the line following the bye, but it appears Harris has his job back at right tackle, while the team is giving Beadles another shot at left guard, where he first spent most of training camp.

“There are some moving parts, I think. We are going to see how it goes,” coach Josh McDaniels said Tuesday before practice. “We certainly can fix some things. That isn’t putting the onus on one player or the other, I just think we are trying to find the most productive group that we can and that is happening in a lot of different places on our football team. So, we are going to see how that pans out this week.”

Er, ok.
It just hard to imagine that if the motivation has always been PURELY to put the best O-line on the field, that there would STILL be changes made half way through the season.
If Harris is now healthier than he was before? Cool. then it makes sense.
But they aren't saying that.
All this shuffling around just seems, I dunno, flighty.

Dzone
11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
How good is Ryan Harris?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Lance Ball is officially back on the Broncos 53-man roster. New tight end Daniel Coats has been cut.

topscribe
11-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Lance Ball is officially back on the Broncos 53-man roster. New tight end Daniel Coats has been cut.

Wow, that was fast! Obviously, Coats didn't impress anybody . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Looks like someone's back on the 53-man roster... RT @LanceBall35: I AMMMMM BACK !!!! #blessings come to those who are patient.

SOCALORADO.
11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
How good is Ryan Harris?

No where near as good as this guy.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/peytonhillis.jpg

topscribe
11-10-2010, 01:26 PM
No where near as good as this guy.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/peytonhillis.jpg

Does he play RT?

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Does he play RT?

-----

I was wondering the same thing :salute:

silkamilkamonico
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Does he play RT?

-----

Considering he's a terrible blocker as a FB, I would say hell no.

SOCALORADO.
11-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Does he play RT?

-----

He could.
He can do alot of things for your team, if you give him a chance.

Here he is playing LT. You know, just blocking for the QB. :lol:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08Mt3tedxF3yZ/610x.jpg

Shoot, he could play CB if you need him too!
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Hillis-Hurdle.jpg
http://media.masslive.com/patriots/photo/hillis-leapjpg-b6d2b119c38a2c07.jpg

http://football-freaks.com/forums/uploads/post-144-1286813577.png

Of course, i am sure this guy is gonna be making an impact here shortly.
http://talleywhackers.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/brady-quinn.jpg

Shoot, i would take the clown in the hat to play back up Qb right now.

topscribe
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm a big fan of Hillis', SoCal, and I am pissed he is gone - was from the start.

But you are derailing the thread. :)

-----

SOCALORADO.
11-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm a big fan of Hillis', SoCal, and I am pissed he is gone - was from the start.

But you are derailing the thread. :)

-----

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/1204/20081204__BRONCOS_JETS_JL544~p1.jpg
;)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Wednesday Injury Report: Did Not Participate-Ayers & Goodman. Limited- McBath, Vickerson & Woodyard. Full report at http://dbron.co/8 #fb

Only players out for #Broncos were Ayers and Goodman. No one else listed on the injury report.

Cugel
11-10-2010, 05:53 PM
How good is Ryan Harris?

Like all the other OL he was looking like a real STUD -- until McDaniels abolished the ZBS. Wiegmann, Harris, Clady -- the OL in 2008 was one of the best in football. Despite throwing all the time, Cutler only got sacked 6 times all season.

That's a bad half for Orton right now. (And I think everybody will agree from watching Cutler in Chicago that it wasn't his amazing agility that was preventing all those sacks!) :rolleyes:

McDaniels made a predictably HORRIBLE decision in changing the blocking scheme. Now he's basically looking for the same type players that the entire rest of the league wants HUGE and mobile -- and to get top notch ones you pretty much have to use 1st and 2nd round picks on them.

Shanahan was a genius at getting really good OL in the 5th and later rounds -- but you can't really do that with a power-blocking scheme.

Ironic that more teams are moving to the ZBS (like Oakland and Redskins) just as Denver abandons it! :coffee:

topscribe
11-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Wednesday Injury Report: Did Not Participate-Ayers & Goodman. Limited- McBath, Vickerson & Woodyard. Full report at http://dbron.co/8 #fb

Only players out for #Broncos were Ayers and Goodman. No one else listed on the injury report.

Ayers is the one they need the most . . . :tsk:

-----

Elevation inc
11-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Like all the other OL he was looking like a real STUD -- until McDaniels abolished the ZBS. Wiegmann, Harris, Clady -- the OL in 2008 was one of the best in football. Despite throwing all the time, Cutler only got sacked 6 times all season.

That's a bad half for Orton right now. (And I think everybody will agree from watching Cutler in Chicago that it wasn't his amazing agility that was preventing all those sacks!) :rolleyes:

McDaniels made a predictably HORRIBLE decision in changing the blocking scheme. Now he's basically looking for the same type players that the entire rest of the league wants HUGE and mobile -- and to get top notch ones you pretty much have to use 1st and 2nd round picks on them.

Shanahan was a genius at getting really good OL in the 5th and later rounds -- but you can't really do that with a power-blocking scheme.

Ironic that more teams are moving to the ZBS (like Oakland and Redskins) just as Denver abandons it! :coffee:

the problem isnt the scheme, the problem is MCD's philosophy we must change each week, it allows for no continuity on the OL, one week he has the guys doing power then like the indy game he has em doing ZBS, we already had 2 rookies starting, and injuries then he throws in both schemes.

Some games the players just suck, it seems each week 1 player has a complete dud game on the OL and its usually differnet than the guy the previous week......for example kuper and harris had horrendous games back to back, and then that was followed by graham and clady, then the 49 er's game was walton and hochstein.....

part of it is players poor play, part of it was injuries, part of it is the lack of a identity, part of it is the players being asked to make insane blocks in a scheme for that game that no OL should have to make, and a big part is barone as the OL coach, we really need a OL coach to come in next year that knows how to actually run a OL.....MCd to needs to take a pride pill and accept that untill we have a set philosophy on the OL we wont be succesful.

Its great to be versatile and change how you beat each opponent each week to keep teams guessing but on the OL, we need to pick a scheme, get it well coached and make sure its a scheme that players can do week in and week out....

LRtagger
11-11-2010, 10:37 AM

Shanahan wasn't a genius at drafting OL in later rounds. He still took lineman in the first round and at times got that wrong (Foster). His scheme enabled him to target undersized interior lineman, therefor other organizations were less interested. This enabled him to get them in later rounds. It's not like he was some drafting guru.

McDaniels prefers a smash-mouth type of running game. The problem along the line has been inconsistency, injuries, and the fact we have a rookie Center trying to direct traffic. I'm sure some plays have failed because of poor design, but it's not as if you can prove the PBS doesnt work. We just have to put a cohesive unit together with good depth...that takes time. Just as it will take time for Shanny to implement the ZBS that he wants (24th in the league is not typical of a Shanahan offense).

It's not ironic that Oakland and Washington are running ZBS. Oakland has been running it for years and Washington is running it because their coach is MIKE SHANAHAN.

You act as if it's a bad thing that we may have to use a first or second round pick on an Olineman. You think the Jets or Steelers ar complaining about it? This team has been lacking physical talent along the Oline for a while. It wouldn't bother me one bit if we used a 1st to draft a guy like Mike Iupati or Alex Mack or Nick Mangold, etc.

*This post was not meant to bash Mike....I'm not one of those guys that supports McD and hates on Shanny.

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 12:10 AM

I read recently that there are like 14 teams now running the ZBS in some fashion, and more do it partially. It's working great for Oak...not so much for Shanny.
Back when it was 'new', Shanny was able to get those late round guys. But things change. Schemes get copied, defenses evolve as well. And we've ALL WITNESSED how they couldn't get short-yardage/goal line runs. Most here were calling for 'road-graders', and power blocking.

Sometimes you CAN have your cake and eat it too, but when you order it, the baker has to get the right ingredients and spend some time decorating it before it's ready to eat.

2 rooks and 3 recuperating 'vets' sure doesn't help any. :coffee:

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Ayers is the one they need the most . . . :tsk:

-----

He's just one of the guys needed back, Top.

McBath was starting to come on....again! Vickerson was a monster vs the run, and woodyard has been missed at depth and on ST's.

But getting Ayers back will hopefully help with pass rush, stopping the runs to the outside and getting Moss back to where he belongs....on the bench. :rolleyes:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2010, 10:39 PM
# Eddie Royal missed practice today with a hamstring injury. Ayers and McBath still limited. Jamal Williams out to rest. about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM

More #Chargers inj report: RB Mathews, S Gregory, WR Naanee are all doubtful. WR Floyd, K Kaeding, LB Siler all probable about 8 hours ago via TweetDeck

McDaniels said Ryan Clady is "playing his best football now." ... "He's worked really hard to get there." about 11 hours ago via TweetDeck

Eddie Royal was at practice today after missing Friday's workout w/ hamstring injury. about 10 hours ago via TweetDeck

Robert Ayers said he's had a good week of practice; he's ready and excited to play Monday. Said he knows he'll have to play thru pain. about 10 hours ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 06:32 PM
There's a reason Broncos safety Brian Dawkins has battled through 15 seasons worth of NFL collisions.

He faces things head-on.

Dawkins had a tough night in San Diego last Monday. He was seen, on national television, as the closest defender giving chase on two long scoring plays by the Chargers.

One of those, as defensive coordinator Don Martindale said, wasn't necessarily Dawkins' responsibility. Martindale said Dawkins came off his assignment in double coverage on another player to give chase to Chargers wide receiver Patrick Crayton on what became a 40-yard scoring play.

Martindale said there needed to be more Broncos defenders in the area.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16719474?source=rss

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2010, 03:30 PM
That means, of course, that Robert Ayers and DJ Williams are both playing for Broncos defense. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos inactives: B. Quinn, Andre Goodman, Darcel McBath, Demaryius Thomas, David Veikune, Eric Olsen, Stanley Daniels, Laurence Maroney 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# A welcome sight for the Broncos defense: Robert Ayers going through his normal pregame warmups. He hasn't played since Week 5. 19 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
12-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Never seen Orton smile as big as when someone asked him about the Finnegan-Andre Johnson fight. 43 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Kyle Orton ..... clean shaven. So much for the December neckbeard. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Lots of handshakegate questions for McDaniels, "I think its being overblown today," he said. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said he plans on shaking hands, no matter the outcome of the game. #Broncos #Chiefs about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# McDaniels said he sees and talks to Bowlen every day. Has a normal routine and relationship with team owner. No change to it. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

McDaniels starts presser by restating that Goodman, D. Thomas, Dawkins won't practice this week. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2010, 04:53 PM
# RT @ProLinkSports: Eddie Mac & Eric Decker--87s old & new--united at last, at the Broncos QB Club meeting tonight. http://twitpic.com/3fr1rc about 18 hours ago via TweetDeck

# At last! RT @ProLinkSports: At Broncos QB Club mtg w/@87ed, tonight's speaker. @E_Decker here too; the two 87s meet for the 1st time. about 19 hours ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
12-16-2010, 03:52 PM
# Neither Tebow nor Quinn looked particularly sharp in the drills we saw, throwing to the WRs. But we only get to watch about 10 mins. 41 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Looks like Tim Tebow will once again be getting most of the first-team reps today. Orton is a bystander. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Orton is not throwing again today. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos Blog: What to do about Brandon Lloyd? http://dpo.st/eOfITZ about 1 hour ago via dlvr.it

Juriga72
12-16-2010, 04:02 PM

#-Kyle Orton seen ingesting Midol on sideline. about 5 min ago via Tweetdeck

WTF?????? THAT explains alot.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-16-2010, 04:15 PM
#-Kyle Orton seen ingesting Midol on sideline. about 5 min ago via Tweetdeck

WTF?????? THAT explains alot.

How would you know? :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
# Interim HC Eric Studesville sent a thank you message to everyone in the organization + to media that covers the team. Amazingly classy move. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# No decisions expected for several days about the rest of the Broncos coaching staff. Assts were here today doing normal player/game evals. 19 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2011, 07:14 PM
PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Blog: Broncos stay No. 2 in waiver-claim order until Week 4 dpo.st/ozPnYW #broncos
4 minutes ago

Blog: Next Sunday vs. Bengals: Broncos to give Shannon Sharpe his HOF ring at halftime dpo.st/rtdgMv #broncos
21 minutes ago

Blog: Royal remembers 9/11 dpo.st/rgQv7c #broncos
37 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/postbroncos