PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas re-injures foot... again.

Italianmobstr7
08-25-2010, 11:45 AM
According to Vic Lombardi http://twitter.com/viclombardi

I'm told Demaryius Thomas again re-injured his foot. Not sure of the severity. Hope this doesn't become a trend.

Could be more scar tissue - no big deal. Or, could be a stress fracture - big deal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very frustrated by this. I just want the kid to get on the field and play and practice, but not until he is 100% ready. There's no reason to rush him back! There's still 18 days until the 1st game of the season. Really hoping that it's just more scar tissue. If it's a stress fracture he'll be out for a while.

GEM
08-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Why the **** won't they let the guy get it ******* healed completely. Re-injuring it once wasn't e-*******-nough? This one is on the coaching staff. They need to know his limits and even if he wants on the field, they need to tell him no. FFS!

broncofaninfla
08-25-2010, 11:49 AM
WTF?!?! Sounds like they rushed him along too fast. Better not do the same with Clady or we are screwed.....

Lonestar
08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
how about we get the facts, before jumping off bridges.

The information age is getting out of hand IMO.

Italianmobstr7
08-25-2010, 11:54 AM
how about we get the facts, before jumping off bridges.

The information age is getting out of hand IMO.

I'm not jumping off bridges. Just annoyed that he's obviously re-injured the same foot he's been having trouble with. Hoping it's just more scar tissue breaking up, but even if that's all it is he's still probably out for another 10-14 days. Sucks to not see my favorite rookie take the field at all during preseason to see what he can do.

Lonestar
08-25-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm not jumping off bridges. Just annoyed that he's obviously re-injured the same foot he's been having trouble with. Hoping it's just more scar tissue breaking up, but even if that's all it is he's still probably out for another 10-14 days. Sucks to not see my favorite rookie take the field at all during preseason to see what he can do.

It was not necessarily directed at YOU but there are a lot of doom dayers here just wanted to get ahead of the curve so to speak.

What happens, happens it is all out of our control.

I wish him and the team the best and think if everyone remains calm and waits for official word it may not be the end of the world like some will see it.

We have seen report like this being blown out of proportion many times before.

Northman
08-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Why the **** won't they let the guy get it ******* healed completely. Re-injuring it once wasn't e-*******-nough? This one is on the coaching staff. They need to know his limits and even if he wants on the field, they need to tell him no. FFS!

Your preaching to the choir babydoll. Remember Marshall's hip?

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 12:06 PM
i'm just hoping this isn't paul toviessi all over again.

I Eat Staples
08-25-2010, 12:08 PM

This, minus the overreaction. :lol:

I'd have no problem with him sitting out until the regular season. I know he's a rookie and needs the practice, but it's not worth risking his health. This is a nagging injury and could plague him all year if it's not healed now.

claymore
08-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Your preaching to the choir babydoll. Remember Marshall's hip?

Whatever the youre opinion of marshall is... He was spot on about this medical staff. We cant heal anyone.

Dreadnought
08-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Whatever the youre opinion of marshall is... He was spot on about this medical staff. We cant heal anyone.

Be positive. They are better than the Browns medicos, in that they don't infect our guys with Staph bacteria.

Its something anyway

GEM
08-25-2010, 12:16 PM
It was not necessarily directed at YOU but there are a lot of doom dayers here just wanted to get ahead of the curve so to speak.

What happens, happens it is all out of our control.

I wish him and the team the best and think if everyone remains calm and waits for official word it may not be the end of the world like some will see it.

We have seen report like this being blown out of proportion many times before.

There were only 3 posts before yours. Mobsters, mine and broncofaninfl. So who were you aiming at? I have not been a doom dayers (whatever that is), I have supported our Coach and our team...so keep your little names to yourself AGAIN.

If he wasn't being pushed to come back too soon, it wouldn't happen.

We need him on the field when the season starts, not 2 weeks before the first game. Give the freaking foot time to heal and he starts when that happens.

topscribe
08-25-2010, 12:23 PM
There were only 3 posts before yours. Mobsters, mine and broncofaninfl. So who were you aiming at? I have not been a doom dayers (whatever that is), I have supported our Coach and our team...so keep your little names to yourself AGAIN.

We need him on the field when the season starts, not 2 weeks before the first game. Give the freaking foot time to heal and he starts when that happens.

Despite your overreaction toward JR and the unnecessary dig at his typo, I
agree that DT may have been pushed too soon . . .

-----

Northman
08-25-2010, 12:23 PM

:pop2:

silkamilkamonico
08-25-2010, 12:24 PM
At least we aren't the Minnesota Vikings. We'll be ok.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2010, 12:25 PM
They must have felt Thomas's foot was to the point where he could practice, as they are still holding Tebow out.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15890223

Bruised ribs stall Tebow's return to practice

Nomad
08-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Don't know what else to say but this is disappointing!! Hopefully he can heal quick for the start of the season. In all the years watching the BRONCOS, I don't recall so many injuries then again the memory isn't what it use to be!!

Tempus Fugit
08-25-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm one who prefers that people take it extremely carefully when it comes to foot injuries. If you don't take care of them properly, you can end up with a lifelong disability. Unfortunately, the professional sports' emphasis on rapid healing makes this sort of thing all too common. Since the foot heals in a bit of a funny way, in that you can't always tell when it's ready, even with x-rays and MRIs, this sets up an inherent conflict.

The same thing happened with the Red Sox and Pedroia this season. He came back too quickly, and he's now back on the DL.

GEM
08-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Despite your overreaction toward JR and the unnecessary dig at his typo, I
agree that DT may have been pushed too soon . . .

-----

If it was an overreaction, why did he delete the portion that he was called on. :rolleyes: That portion calling out people that are negative was unnecessary. Don't want to be called on it, don't type it.

topscribe
08-25-2010, 12:34 PM
If it was an overreaction, why did he delete the portion that he was called on. :rolleyes: That portion calling out people that are negative was unnecessary. Don't want to be called on it, don't type it.

I stand by what I said.

If we take this any further, I think you would agree we should do it by PM . . .

-----

frauschieze
08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
If we take this any further, I think you would agree we should do it by PM . . .

-----

Great idea.

:focus:

GEM
08-25-2010, 12:42 PM
I apologize. I stepped out of line. I still feel the way I did, but I handled it incorrectly, especially since I am a mod.

Italianmobstr7
08-25-2010, 12:45 PM
They must have felt Thomas's foot was to the point where he could practice, as they are still holding Tebow out.

Bruised ribs stall Tebow's return to practice

Tebow IS practicing today.

http://twitter.com/PostBroncos

Practice roll call: Clady, Tebow and LenDale back, all in orange "no-contact" jerseys. Tebow looked tentative, not making all throws.

Denver Post confirmed that Demaryius Thomas re-aggravated foot injury on Tuesday. He's getting check out to see severity.

The media was allowed to watch the first 20 minutes or so of practice. Stretching and individual work. Clady participated w/ starting o-line

Correll Buckhalter out of the orange jersey today. That's a good sign that things went well in his first practice back on Tues.

GEM
08-25-2010, 12:46 PM

Practice roll call: Clady, Tebow and LenDale back, all in orange "no-contact" jerseys. Tebow looked tentative, not making all throws.

Denver Post confirmed that Demaryius Thomas re-aggravated foot injury on Tuesday. He's getting check out to see severity.

The media was allowed to watch the first 20 minutes or so of practice. Stretching and individual work. Clady participated w/ starting o-line

Correll Buckhalter out of the orange jersey today. That's a good sign that things went well in his first practice back on Tues.

It's good to see some of the guys coming back. We just need them back for the season more than we do for practice and preseason. Hopefully DT isn't serious, I want to see what the kid can do come the start of when it counts.

Italianmobstr7
08-25-2010, 12:48 PM
It's good to see some of the guys coming back. We just need them back for the season more than we do for practice and preseason. Hopefully DT isn't serious, I want to see what the kid can do come the start of when it counts.

Same here. Praying they're not pushing Clady back too early as well...

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 01:00 PM
At least we aren't the Minnesota Vikings. We'll be ok.

The difference is that their injuries are to dynamic starters. Ours are to the rookies we need to become dynamic starters.

claymore
08-25-2010, 01:01 PM
I apologize. I stepped out of line. I still feel the way I did, but I handled it incorrectly, especially since I am a mod.

Dont be a puss Gem. We need some line stepping today.

T.K.O.
08-25-2010, 01:02 PM
maybe he tripped over his dog ?:welcome:

claymore
08-25-2010, 01:04 PM
maybe he tripped over his dog ?:welcome:

Or Trevor Price is in town!

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 01:04 PM

http://www.learntodance.com/Line%20dancing.htm

SOCALORADO.
08-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Do the opposing teams know that they cant hit a player wearing an orange jersey as well!?!?

I Eat Staples
08-25-2010, 01:12 PM

I like you dude. :salute:

dogfish
08-25-2010, 01:20 PM
again??

:mother****ingyardog:

claymore
08-25-2010, 01:21 PM
again??

:mother****ingyardog:

At least all of our injured players have great character.

Northman
08-25-2010, 01:25 PM

Not really. He was baiting.

BORDERLINE
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
how does a team do this??? draft a injured player and are not able to get him in camp at 100%????? Thomas needs to replace marshall plain and simple....anything thing less and those 2nd round throw away picks the fins sent us for marshall is unexceptable...D.Thomas is like a ghost to me and alot of fans outside denver. I have a feeling he will only play about 4 games this year and goes down often. I hope i'm wrong

GEM
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Whatever it was, it's over now. Let's move on. :)

honz
08-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Bee you ess tee.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2010, 01:36 PM

This is definitely getting strange - what I posted, and what you posted were both from Denver Post sources, and NOW, they have posted this, stating that Thomas DID NOT PRACTICE TODAY???????? So, if he did NOT practice today, he could NOT have got hurt today in practice.

More Broncos returned to practice from the injury list today, including heralded rookie quarterback Tim Tebow and offensive lineman Ryan Clady.

However, rookie wide receiver Demaryius Thomas's return to the practice field lasted one day. Thomas, who had injured his left foot in the Aug. 7 practice in Invesco Field at Mile High, took part in Tuesday's practice on a limited basis. But he was not on the field for today's workout, and was having his left foot evaluated. He was slated for X-rays as well as a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam.

He originally fractured the foot in a pre-draft workout and had surgery to repair it.

As for Tebow, his bruised ribs appear to be improving.

"As soon as he can go out there and do what we'd like him to do, then he'll be out there," coach Josh McDaniels said of Tebow before practice.

For the second consecutive day, Tebow participated in a pre-practice walk-thru, but this time, he returned to the field with the rest of his teammates in full pads.

"At this point he's doing some things right now to see how sore he is," McDaniels said. "We'll see how it goes."

Tebow was injured in the preseason opener Aug. 15 at Cincinnati. Two days later, he left practice during warmups and has not been seen at a regular practice until today.

Meanwhile, Clady and running back LenDale White returned to practice. Clady, donning a huge orange "no crush" jersey, has been out since sustaining a partially torn patellar tendon in April while playing basketball. White has been recovering from an ankle injury.

On Tuesday, running back Correll Buckhalter, cornerback Champ Bailey, offensive lineman Chris Kuper, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and linebacker D.J. Williams returned from injuries.

"We want the guys healthy," quarterback Kyle Orton said. "Any position, we need all these guys getting back as soon as possible so we can get some practice time with them before it gets to be Jacksonville."

Denver opens the regular season Sept. 12 against the Jaguars.

dogfish
08-25-2010, 01:37 PM
bitch!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2010, 01:43 PM
From Lindsay Jones:

Re: D. Thomas. He's resting today. Getting further tests (X-Rays, MRI). That's what we know and what we can report. So there you go. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

The Glue Factory
08-25-2010, 02:02 PM
We just need them back for the season more than we do for practice and preseason.

Mmmm... Kinda/sorta. If they aren't in game shape then holding them out until the season begins will mean they'll need a couple of games to get into game shape rather than hitting it hard from the opening KO in game 1.

I'd like to see them ready for the next game since they wouldn't be playing but one possibly two series in game 4, but at least they'd have about two weeks of practice if they played in that game.

LTC Pain
08-25-2010, 02:03 PM

Life is good! Now choke yourself Pyle :lol::beer::elefant:

broncofaninfla
08-25-2010, 02:22 PM
This foot "thing" has been going on for months, I'm beginning to think the kid will end up on the IR before long.

silkamilkamonico
08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
how does a team do this??? draft a injured player and are not able to get him in camp at 100%????? Thomas needs to replace marshall plain and simple....anything thing less and those 2nd round throw away picks the fins sent us for marshall is unexceptable...D.Thomas is like a ghost to me and alot of fans outside denver. I have a feeling he will only play about 4 games this year and goes down often. I hope i'm wrong

Expecting a rookie WR to replace the production from Brandon Marshall in one year is beyond ridiculous.

DThomas is an invested asset to the program (hopefully), and Marshall wasn't sent packing for 2 2nd round picks to replace his production this year.

silkamilkamonico
08-25-2010, 02:29 PM
This foot "thing" has been going on for months, I'm beginning to think the kid will end up on the IR before long.

Yea I'm certainly not expecting anything from him this year.

broncofaninfla
08-25-2010, 02:36 PM

I was hoping for spurts, to get a feel for what he'll bring to us in the future.

Dirk
08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
I sure hope it's not anything serious. Sit out until the season starts or something. Geeez!

Elevation inc
08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
wow huge overreaction, he practcied on a limited basis, which means he probally was just testing it out....and know after testing it out he is getting tests to see whats up becasue he was sore.....even yesterday when it was limited practcie for him its not like he was read yto hit form....im sure he was sore and the trainers decided not to push him which is hwy he is sittin gand getting evlauated still.....like MCD said when he is read yhe will be out there full speed, obviously after testing it yesterday he and the staff realized he isnt fully ready yet.

Foot injuries are weird and always have been, you cant really know if your good unless you test it.....so im sure thats why the limited return went down.

now before you all flame saying im just guessing....thats fine i dont care what you say, but that guess is a little more reasonable and sound than OMG this staff jus tdoesnt care blah blah blah.....for all you know they asked DT and he said he was fine his testing was fine, and after practcie was over he complained it was still bothering him so they decided to sit him and be cautious...

EDIT!!!!!!-----you know what f'it i just wasted a post i could care less to be honest about people bickering over this.....

silkamilkamonico
08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I just wanted to see if he could make some big time plays here and there. WR is arguably one of the top 3 positions where it's the hardest transition from college to the NFL. The time he's missing is invalubale to him, and very unfortunate.

Brandon Marshall missed like 4 weeks of camp/preseason, and it took him 11 games to even see PT. This guy has yet to be healthy and on speed since he was drafted.

BORDERLINE
08-25-2010, 02:52 PM

this is what's wrong...he needs to produce, he wasn't drafted to play along side marshall he is supposed to take his place...so your telling me that our 1st round pick should not be expected to perform...tell that to the vikings they drafted A.P and the man delivered...they draft percy harvin and the man made plays...hell the redskins drafted orakpo and he made the pro-bowl...i believe there is a method to McD madness but to draft Thomas and not expect him to put up numbers this year is pretty dumb move...ayers/moreno also got to show something

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2010, 02:54 PM

Marshall will be replaced by "WR by committee" - who cares who catches the passes, as long as they are caught :tsk:

silkamilkamonico
08-25-2010, 02:56 PM
this is what's wrong...he needs to produce, he wasn't drafted to play along side marshall he is supposed to take his place...so your telling me that our 1st round pick should not be expected to perform...tell that to the vikings they drafted A.P and the man delivered...they draft percy harvin and the man made plays...hell the redskins drafted orakpo and he made the pro-bowl...i believe there is a method to McD madness but to draft Thomas and not expect him to put up numbers this year is pretty dumb move...ayers/moreno also got to show something

Please tell me how many first round rookie WR's actually come in and perform solidly, let alone replace the production of someone like Marshall..

Percy Harvin is an exception to the rule. if your banking on bringing someone in to replicate that, you could be waiting forever. A lot of organizations are still waiting.

Brian Orakpo is a LB. One of the easier transitions to make, so there goes that argument.

Nomad
08-25-2010, 02:59 PM
To reach Marshall's status, DT must first prove he can punt the ball!!:D

rcsodak
08-25-2010, 03:01 PM

GEM, dont you think they have his health in their best interest? You think they pd him to be on IR? Evidently he and they thought he was ok to go. Its also up to the player. They know their body the best.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2010, 03:02 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_15891186?source=rsssimplepiehome

The Broncos have been on the receiving end of plenty of bad news on the injury front in this training camp. And now they must wait to see what the doctors find in rookie wide receiver Demaryius Thomas' left foot.

The best-case scenario is their No. 1 pick in this past April's draft is on the sideline for just a couple weeks, but the worst-case scenario is that he has suffered a stress fracture, which would keep him out several months.

According to an NFL source, Thomas is being evaluated to try to find the cause of pain he is feeling in the foot, and there is concern he has suffered a stress fracture during his recent work to get back into practice. A stress fracture would require a recovery period of three to four months.

The rookie had been out since the team's Aug. 7 practice at Invesco Field at Mile High. During that practice he had an issue with scar tissue around the area of an original fracture he suffered in predraft workout in February.

Thomas had returned to the field Tuesday for the first time since leaving the stadium workout. He suffered his latest setback at some point after the open viewing period for the media. He was not on the field when the Broncos practiced on Wednesday, and Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels was not available to comment on Thomas' absence.

Thomas was scheduled for X-rays as well as a magnetic resonance imaging exam. If he is having another issue with the scar tissue, he would miss a more condensed amount of time and could even play early in the regular season, possibly as soon as the opener.

At 6-foot-3, 229 pounds, the rookie receiver had just begun to make impact plays in practice before he was injured in the stadium practice. The Broncos made him their first pick of the 2010 draft this past April, selecting him 22nd overall.

With wide receiver Brandon Stokley currently recovering from a groin injury that is expected to keep him out for the remainder of the preseason and the team's release of Patrick Carter Tuesday morning, the Broncos are thin at receiver as they approach their final two preseason games.

Rosters league-wide must be to 75 players by Aug. 31 and rosters go to 53 players on Sept. 4

milehigh
08-25-2010, 03:03 PM
I blame Vic Lombardi for this. Saying he "re-injures" his foot, but he doesn't know the extent of the injury? Journalism is really going down hill these days. I appreciate how quickly I can get info now a days but reporters are more worried about being the first one breaking the story rather than checking the facts and being the first one right about it.

He was limited in practice, for all we know he told the medical staff it was still bothering him and I'm guessing was favoring his other leg while walking off the field.

Instead it's DT re-injures foot and the extent of the injury will be determined when I actually do my job.

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Marshall will be replaced by "WR by committee" - who cares who catches the passes, as long as they are caught :tsk:

I see what you mean, but I've heard this about RBs as well. Thinking you can replace a 1200 yrd rusher with a 1200 yrd committee. Doesn't have the same effect. IT matters. The guy that is able to get those yards and those catches are the same ones that have the ability to make the most dynamic plays our of nothing.

I hope we can get the same production, because its a worry as to who is a playmaker on offense right now.

silkamilkamonico
08-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I really don't understand this "same production" argument.

Brandon Marshall is a top 5, maybe top 3 WR. 99% of the Wr's in the NFL couldn't come in and replace his production...and people are expecting a rookie to do it?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2010, 03:10 PM
I blame Vic Lombardi for this. Saying he "re-injures" his foot, but he doesn't know the extent of the injury? Journalism is really going down hill these days. I appreciate how quickly I can get info now a days but reporters are more worried about being the first one breaking the story rather than checking the facts and being the first one right about it.

He was limited in practice, for all we know he told the medical staff it was still bothering him and I'm guessing was favoring his other leg while walking off the field.

Instead it's DT re-injures foot and the extent of the injury will be determined when I actually do my job.

I agree - Vic's comment was very misleading - the last time DT practiced was Tuesday.

Italianmobstr7
08-25-2010, 03:12 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_15891186?source=rsssimplepiehome

The Broncos have been on the receiving end of plenty of bad news on the injury front in this training camp. And now they must wait to see what the doctors find in rookie wide receiver Demaryius Thomas' left foot.

The best-case scenario is their No. 1 pick in this past April's draft is on the sideline for just a couple weeks, but the worst-case scenario is that he has suffered a stress fracture, which would keep him out several months.

According to an NFL source, Thomas is being evaluated to try to find the cause of pain he is feeling in the foot, and there is concern he has suffered a stress fracture during his recent work to get back into practice. A stress fracture would require a recovery period of three to four months.

The rookie had been out since the team's Aug. 7 practice at Invesco Field at Mile High. During that practice he had an issue with scar tissue around the area of an original fracture he suffered in predraft workout in February.

Thomas had returned to the field Tuesday for the first time since leaving the stadium workout. He suffered his latest setback at some point after the open viewing period for the media. He was not on the field when the Broncos practiced on Wednesday, and Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels was not available to comment on Thomas' absence.

Thomas was scheduled for X-rays as well as a magnetic resonance imaging exam. If he is having another issue with the scar tissue, he would miss a more condensed amount of time and could even play early in the regular season, possibly as soon as the opener.

At 6-foot-3, 229 pounds, the rookie receiver had just begun to make impact plays in practice before he was injured in the stadium practice. The Broncos made him their first pick of the 2010 draft this past April, selecting him 22nd overall.

With wide receiver Brandon Stokley currently recovering from a groin injury that is expected to keep him out for the remainder of the preseason and the team's release of Patrick Carter Tuesday morning, the Broncos are thin at receiver as they approach their final two preseason games.

Rosters league-wide must be to 75 players by Aug. 31 and rosters go to 53 players on Sept. 4

Really hoping that's not the case... If it is I'm going to be :mad: and then just :tsk:

slim
08-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Well, what do you expect when you draft an injured player?

I just hopes McD can learn from this (Shanny couldn't).

rcsodak
08-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Not really. He was baiting.

:rolleyes:

rcsodak
08-25-2010, 03:43 PM

You act like the Broncos are the only ones. Kids are injured in their final college season/ workouts/prodays/senior Bowl/tripping over pets all the time. The draft cant be put on hold for them to heal up. You know better, slim.

slim
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
You act like the Broncos are the only ones. Kids are injured in their final college season/ workouts/prodays/senior Bowl/tripping over pets all the time. The draft cant be put on hold for them to heal up. You know better, slim.

Drafting an injured player in the 1st round is not a good idea.

1st round picks are risky enough as it is. Don't need to spit in the face of the odds.

Tempus Fugit
08-25-2010, 03:49 PM

Football players get injured in college. It doesn't only happen in the NFL.

Buff
08-25-2010, 03:49 PM
wow huge overreaction, he practcied on a limited basis, which means he probally was just testing it out....and know after testing it out he is getting tests to see whats up becasue he was sore.....even yesterday when it was limited practcie for him its not like he was read yto hit form....im sure he was sore and the trainers decided not to push him which is hwy he is sittin gand getting evlauated still.....like MCD said when he is read yhe will be out there full speed, obviously after testing it yesterday he and the staff realized he isnt fully ready yet.

Foot injuries are weird and always have been, you cant really know if your good unless you test it.....so im sure thats why the limited return went down.

now before you all flame saying im just guessing....thats fine i dont care what you say, but that guess is a little more reasonable and sound than OMG this staff jus tdoesnt care blah blah blah.....for all you know they asked DT and he said he was fine his testing was fine, and after practcie was over he complained it was still bothering him so they decided to sit him and be cautious...

EDIT!!!!!!-----you know what f'it i just wasted a post i could care less to be honest about people bickering over this.....

Speaking of overreactions.

slim
08-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Football players get injured in college. It doesn't only happen in the NFL.

Yes, I understand.

But drafting a player that has not fully healed is a major risk. That is just the way it is.

Tempus Fugit
08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes, I understand.

But drafting a player that has not fully healed is a major risk. That is just the way it is.

Drafting any player is a major risk. Injured players are often bargains, because they are usually drafted at a lower cost (both in the height of the draft pick and in the subsequent contract) than they otherwise would have been.

slim
08-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Drafting any player is a major risk. Injured players are often bargains, because they are usually drafted at a lower cost (both in the height of the draft pick and in the subsequent contract) than they otherwise would have been.

Not in this case.

We actually moved up in the first round for an injured player that many thought would be available in the 2nd round.

If he had been able to show that he was fully healed before the draft, then I would not say a word about it. But that is not the case.

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 04:10 PM
We actually moved up in the first round for an injured player that many thought would be available in the 2nd round.

yeah, after trading down a few times. telling only part of the story makes it sound so much worse. just be glad DT wasn't selected at the 12th slot.

also, sorry to be a grammar nazi on this, but by using "we" you make it sound as if you had a role in the process. so, if you're criticizing the broncos for selecting an injured player you're implicating yourself in the process.

Tempus Fugit
08-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Not in this case.

If he had been able to show that he was fully healed before the draft, then I would not say a word about it. But that is not the case.

You weren't talking about just this case, though. Let's not start moving the goalposts now. We saw, just last year, the injury bargain with Crabtree.*

*Rational fan already addressed the "moved up" stuff.

slim
08-25-2010, 04:17 PM
You weren't talking about just this case, though. Let's not start moving the goalposts now. We saw, just last year, the injury bargain with Crabtree.*

*Rational fan already addressed the "moved up" stuff.

Actually, I was referring to this case. This is a thread about DT, in case you haven't noticed.

Crabtree was picked in the top 10, hardly a "bargin".

slim
08-25-2010, 04:19 PM
yeah, after trading down a few times. telling only part of the story makes it sound so much worse. just be glad DT wasn't selected at the 12th slot.

also, sorry to be a grammar nazi on this, but by using "we" you make it sound as if you had a role in the process. so, if you're criticizing the broncos for selecting an injured player you're implicating yourself in the process.

Irrelevant.

WE used a 1st round pick on an injured player that was likely to be available a bit later in the draft.

sneakers
08-25-2010, 04:20 PM
He is the Yao Ming of the NFL

rcsodak
08-25-2010, 04:25 PM
I see what you mean, but I've heard this about RBs as well. Thinking you can replace a 1200 yrd rusher with a 1200 yrd committee. Doesn't have the same effect. IT matters. The guy that is able to get those yards and those catches are the same ones that have the ability to make the most dynamic plays our of nothing.

I hope we can get the same production, because its a worry as to who is a playmaker on offense right now.
How can you compare rbs to wrs? 1 vs 3/4/5? Apples to oranges, IMO. Plus, having multiple wrs to have to worry about vs one is much tougher on the D. Thats a fact, as not many teams have great 2/3/4 cb's.

Elevation inc
08-25-2010, 04:29 PM

That doesnt mean its not a risk and you shouldnt use caution RC........i agree that in the future the broncos should probally be a tad more vigilant on the injury front evaluations......especially when you select said player in rd 1.....

to be honest im a fan of DT but i can count more failures of guys that were drafted with injuries in the first rd than guys that went on to have pro bowl careers.....sometimes you find them but drafting inurued players is always a risk and we are kinda seeing that now....

in no way does this mean DT wont contribute or make impact but it is the kinda risk that maybe isnt the best idea/selction for your first draft pick after trading a pro bowl wideout.......injuries happen and neitehr dt or MCD should be taken to task for it, but the question whether to draft a injured player and if its a risk does have merit here and on 31 other NFL teams as well....

Bottom line is its a risk and that risk hasnt been to good to us right now...so peoples concern over drafting a injured wideout is warranted....

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Irrelevant.

WE used a 1st round pick on an injured player that was likely to be available a bit later in the draft.

actually, it is relevant when people use the phrase "we moved up" as a qualifier to underscore a dumb move.

and, i'm only mentioning this again because i think it's hilarious: by using "we" in reference to the team's blunders you suggest that you're also to blame for the blunder. so when you rip on the team you're also ripping on yourself.

Overtime
08-25-2010, 04:31 PM
well i can see where this season is going....right down the drain.

but hey if that's what it takes for McDaniels to get fired and for Orton to go with him, so be it.

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 04:34 PM

referencing unsourced draft speculation is a slippery slope. especially when fact gets in the way of your point. several media outlets reported that the only reason denver was able to re-enter the first round to draft tebow was because baltimore wanted thomas. thus, suggesting thomas would have been there in the second round is as true as saying he has bones made of plastic. it might be true, but it's probably wrong.

slim
08-25-2010, 04:36 PM
actually, it is relevant when people use the phrase "we moved up" as a qualifier to underscore a dumb move.

and, i'm only mentioning this again because i think it's hilarious: by using "we" in reference to the team's blunders you suggest that you're also to blame for the blunder. so when you rip on the team you're also ripping on yourself.

OK. I am glad you can laugh at a time like this.

We (me and the rest of the Broncos) are a bit down because of all of these injuries. I hope we can join you in laughter again soon.

slim
08-25-2010, 04:38 PM
referencing unsourced draft speculation is a slippery slope. especially when fact gets in the way of your point. several media outlets reported that the only reason denver was able to re-enter the first round to draft tebow was because baltimore wanted thomas. thus, suggesting thomas would have been there in the second round is as true as saying he has bones made of plastic. it might be true, but it's probably wrong.

Indeed!

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 04:47 PM
How can you compare rbs to wrs? 1 vs 3/4/5? Apples to oranges, IMO. Plus, having multiple wrs to have to worry about vs one is much tougher on the D. Thats a fact, as not many teams have great 2/3/4 cb's.

whether you want to compare WRs to RBs or not, the point is still the same. Having two WRs that can catch 50 passes in a season...or three that catch 33 passes... is NOT the same as having a player that is talented enough, and dominant enough, to catch 100 passes. Just as having 2 RBs that can run for 500-600 yrds each is not the same as having a back that is talented enough to rush for 1200 alone.

The player that is good enough to reach those numbers are the kind of players that make plays. They are the ones that are more likely to break for the TDs and get the tough yards when you need them. Those are the playmakers. Having 2-3 average joe players isn't equivalent to having a big time talent that makes big time plays. No matter the comparison of catches.

Its pretty simple. I would rather a big-time playmaker have the ball in his hands 80-100 times a season than have two non-playmakers have the ball 40 times each.

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 04:49 PM
OK. I am glad you can laugh at a time like this.

We (me and the rest of the Broncos) are a bit down because of all of these injuries. I hope we can join you in laughter again soon.

no offense to anyone here, but the humor is the secondary reason i come to this board. i can respect people who take the broncos football team so seriously every bit of minutia is treated as seriously as a trip to the oncologist. but it's also funny to read people treating the game of football as serious as a trip to the oncologist.

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 04:50 PM

Not a very rational comparison. We absolutely know his bones aren't made of plastic, so the comparison isn't at all the same.

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 04:57 PM
We absolutely know his bones aren't made of plastic.

prove it.

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 05:10 PM
prove it.

I don't have to, I know it.

dogfish
08-25-2010, 05:15 PM
prove it.

pretty sure the cops wouldn't react well to rav trying to saw into one of DT's shanks. . .

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 05:16 PM
pretty sure the cops wouldn't react well to rav trying to saw into one of DT's shanks. . .

how about a bite? can I get away with a hard bite?

dogfish
08-25-2010, 05:19 PM
how about a bite? can I get away with a hard bite?

how much do you value your personal liberty and your teeth?

GEM
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
no offense to anyone here, but the humor is the secondary reason i come to this board. i can respect people who take the broncos football team so seriously every bit of minutia is treated as seriously as a trip to the oncologist. but it's also funny to read people treating the game of football as serious as a trip to the oncologist.

It's just as interesting to see someone take the use of referencing "we" so seriously. Just found that funny.

Don't mind me, just being a smart ass.

Lonestar
08-25-2010, 05:30 PM

I did not delete a word of either post. Maybe the delete fairy did something I have been off line aday after that post and jut been brousing at an occasionly stop light.

Seriously need to take a chill pill. Or stay off the rope smoking. And while I have not read thru the rest of the thread yet I'm willing to bet there has been a chicken little comment that the sky is falling. By someone or more than ONE someone.

All I was saying is wait for something other than atweet before writing off the season.

Considering it is a rare rookie WR that is worth a crap his first year I'm not all to sure he wiould have done that much anyway.

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't have to, I know it.

that's what they said about the earth being flat. and the sun revolving around the earth. and greedo shooting first.

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 05:39 PM
It's just as interesting to see someone take the use of referencing "we" so seriously. Just found that funny.

indeed.

rationalfan
08-25-2010, 05:40 PM

depends on the cops.

topscribe
08-25-2010, 06:36 PM
by Jeff Legwold

The Broncos have been on the receiving end of plenty of bad news on the injury front in this training camp.

And when rookie wide receiver Demaryius Thomas left Tuesday's practice with more pain in his left foot, there was at least some concern he had suffered a stress fracture that could potentially have kept him on the sideline for three to four months.

However, initial tests, including X-rays and a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam, indicate Thomas did not suffer a stress fracture, but he is still in doubt to play in the Broncos' regular-season opener Sept. 12 in Jacksonville

Thomas, who fractured the foot in a pre-draft workout in February, was evaluated to attempt to locate the source of the discomfort he felt in his surgically-repaired foot when he returned to practice Tuesday.

Thomas had been out 17 days since the team's Aug. 7 practice in Invesco Field at Mile High. During that stadium practice he had an issue with scar tissue around the area of his original fracture, a common aftereffect of the injury and the usual surgery to repair it.

His latest bout could involve some additional scar tissue.

He had returned to the field Tuesday to take part in the Broncos afternoon practice and suffered his latest setback at some point after the open viewing period. He was not on the field when the Broncos practiced on Wednesday and Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels was not available to comment on Thomas' absence.

With wide receiver Brandon Stokley currently recovering from a groin injury that is expected to keep him out for the remainder of the preseason and the team's release of Patrick Carter Tuesday morning, the Broncos are thin at the position as they approach their last two preseason games.

Rosters league-wide must be to 75 players by Aug. 31 and rosters go to 53 players on Sept. 4[

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15891186

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
08-25-2010, 07:05 PM
"With wide receiver Brandon Stokley currently recovering from a groin injury that is expected to keep him out for the remainder of the preseason and the team's release of Patrick Carter Tuesday morning, the Broncos are thin at the position as they approach their last two preseason games."

Umm, what? "Thin"? Gaffney, Royal, Lloyd, Decker, Willis, Arnett, Davis, Stokely (injured), Thomas (injured).

That's 9 with 7 healthy. Normally, you only bring 6 into the regular season. The top 3 right now are healthy as well as the potential 5 and 6. How again are we "thin"?

tomjonesrocks
08-26-2010, 02:21 PM
A very rare bit of good news it sounds like.

Now rest the kid and let him heal up fully.

Lonestar
08-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Umm, what? "Thin"? Gaffney, Royal, Lloyd, Decker, Willis, Arnett, Davis, Stokely (injured), Thomas (injured).

That's 9 with 7 healthy. Normally, you only bring 6 into the regular season. The top 3 right now are healthy as well as the potential 5 and 6. How again are we "thin"?

PLus how many dress game day as long as we have enough to do that we are OK.

Would i love to see them all on the field getting reps absolutely, but I rather teh sick and puny get better before allowing them play before they are ready.

I Eat Staples
08-26-2010, 02:25 PM

We're thin as far as quality is concerned.

T.K.O.
08-26-2010, 04:03 PM
McDaniels: Tebow still sore, will be evaluated
Posted: August 26th, 2010 | Frank Tadych | Tags: Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos, Frank Tadych, Josh McDaniels, Tim Tebow

A couple of injury updates to pass along out of Denver.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Thursday that backup QB Tim Tebow, who practiced Wednesday for the first time in eight days after suffering a rib injury, will be evaluated the rest of the week to see if he can play Sunday against the Steelers.

“He’s still pretty sore,” McDaniels said, via the team’s Twitter acount.

According to The Denver Post, McDaniels said he expects to play the team’s starters into the third quarter.

Following the news that top draft pick Demaryius Thomas wasn’t likely to play in the season opener because of a re-aggravated foot injury, McDaniels offered up some good news by saying he didn’t expect the rookie receiver to be “out very long.”

That update, which followed The Post report that Thomas doesn’t have a stress fracture as originally feared, has to make Broncos fans breathe a little easier.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-26-2010, 09:43 PM
We're thin as far as quality is concerned.

Perhaps, but it's not like there was a good probability Thomas was going to start right away, anyway. I'm the first guy to say that most of our WRs are journeymen backups on most teams, but they've looked solid enough so far. They are good enough as a unit to be successful. No superstars, yet - just effective.

JDL
08-27-2010, 12:41 AM
We keep rushing players back too soon... clearly Thomas wasn't ready to return... we really ought to hold players out a little longer ... particularly younger players who probably don't know as well as veterans when they are ready to return. I say hold Thomas out the 1st month of the season... make sure that foot is absolutely healed and slowly mix him back in... we've got guys at RB and WR to hold down the fort, we shouldn't be rushing guys like Moreno and thomas back so soon. I'd be real careful these next couple weeks with Harris and Clady as well.

Magnificent Seven
08-27-2010, 02:39 AM
Crap!

I Eat Staples
08-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Perhaps, but it's not like there was a good probability Thomas was going to start right away, anyway. I'm the first guy to say that most of our WRs are journeymen backups on most teams, but they've looked solid enough so far. They are good enough as a unit to be successful. No superstars, yet - just effective.

Let's hope they can be effective throughout the regular season.

jhildebrand
08-27-2010, 02:38 PM
WTF?!?! Sounds like they rushed him along too fast. Better not do the same with Clady or we are screwed.....

@GEM too

Either they ared rushing him along or they seriously misjudged the nature and severity of his injury. It was said other teams weren't willing to take the chance of using a #1 on DT. This team is running the risk of having some terrible draft picks early. Using a 1 for alphonso is looking worse everyday, Ayers has to produce this year, moreno has to produce and stay healthy, and finally we are still being told TT is a "project."

I sincerely hope DT can get and stay healthy.

jhildebrand
08-27-2010, 02:42 PM
A very rare bit of good news it sounds like.

Now rest the kid and let him heal up fully.

Assuming that is even a realistic option. A foot problem can easily be a career hinderance/killer for a WR!

claymore
08-27-2010, 02:46 PM
@GEM too

Either they ared rushing him along or they seriously misjudged the nature and severity of his injury. It was said other teams weren't willing to take the chance of using a #1 on DT. This team is running the risk of having some terrible draft picks early. Using a 1 for alphonso is looking worse everyday, Ayers has to produce this year, moreno has to produce and stay healthy, and finally we are still being told TT is a "project."

R QUinn is getting off easy in all this bust talk.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2010, 02:50 PM
R QUinn is getting off easy in all this bust talk.

Who?

claymore
08-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Who?

Richard Quinn. our 2009 2nd round pick TE.

arapaho2
08-27-2010, 02:57 PM
@GEM too

if you look at it

in two years we have 5 1st round picks

moreno...never showed me much other than he could be an average back..hopefull he shows the worls why we drafted him at 12

ayers....he also hasnt produced...he has his chance now and i have high hopes for him

alphonso... as of now watching him miss tackles , unable to beat out undrafted dbs...a waste of a 14#

thomas....injured before...injured then...injured now...im not :eek:

tebow...is now a multiyear project..a costly one on a team with multiple positions of need due to age, or talent

these picks have to start to produce...you cant build a successfull team missing on high picks...thats why teams like the pats, steelers have had success...they draft well

Lonestar
08-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Well it can be said if you take the players everyone wanted or do what we thoughts was best there woule be nothing to talk about.

I'll worry about BUSTs in year three of the players contract or when they are cut which ever comes first. Then I will worry about it.

I rarely complained about them till then before OTHER than when we clearly had a need that was not addressed at all LIKE DT either in the draft or FA.

Lonestar
08-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Assuming that is even a realistic option. A foot problem can easily be a career hinderance/killer for a WR!

Much the same as drafting head cases or felons.

Every player taken each year is a risk to some degree.

For that matter so are FA although you have some measurables in skills. Yet in a lot of cases those numbers do not always show up once they have a fat contract either.

I think the term damned if you do damned if you do not.

I'd much rather take my LONG term chances and TEAM building via the draft as the cost are MUCH less long term.

You keep the good ones and allow the morons or divas to move along.

Much like NE, PIT, BAL and most of the long term successful teams have done.

rcsodak
08-27-2010, 04:03 PM
whether you want to compare WRs to RBs or not, the point is still the same. Having two WRs that can catch 50 passes in a season...or three that catch 33 passes... is NOT the same as having a player that is talented enough, and dominant enough, to catch 100 passes. Just as having 2 RBs that can run for 500-600 yrds each is not the same as having a back that is talented enough to rush for 1200 alone.

The player that is good enough to reach those numbers are the kind of players that make plays. They are the ones that are more likely to break for the TDs and get the tough yards when you need them. Those are the playmakers. Having 2-3 average joe players isn't equivalent to having a big time talent that makes big time plays. No matter the comparison of catches.

Its pretty simple. I would rather a big-time playmaker have the ball in his hands 80-100 times a season than have two non-playmakers have the ball 40 times each.
lol. I'd rather have moss/welker vs marshall.

rcsodak
08-27-2010, 04:15 PM
@GEM too

Its obvious you don't research the inneptness of the other 31 teams' draft picks as well. I guarantee its not a 'Bronco Phenomenom'.

rcsodak
08-27-2010, 04:28 PM
if you look at it
in two years we have 5 1st round picks
moreno...never showed me much other than he could be an average back..hopefull he shows the worls why we drafted him at 12
ayers....he also hasnt produced...he has his chance now and i have high hopes for him
alphonso... as of now watching him miss tackles , unable to beat out undrafted dbs...a waste of a 14#
thomas....injured before...injured then...injured now...im not :eek:
tebow...is now a multiyear project..a costly one on a team with multiple positions of need due to age, or talent these picks have to start to produce...you cant build a successfull team missing on high picks...thats why teams like the pats, steelers have had success...they draft well
moeno-shitty Oline/heldout/injured. Ayers-new position. Phonz-ok. DT-bradford #1 pick and injured. TT-late 1st rounders often are projects with hi ceilings. This isnt madden. Not many marinos/petersons/cladys, etc out there. Why be such a downer?

Lonestar
08-27-2010, 05:04 PM
moeno-shitty Oline/heldout/injured. Ayers-new position. Phonz-ok. DT-bradford #1 pick and injured. TT-late 1st rounders often are projects with hi ceilings. This isnt madden. Not many marinos/petersons/cladys, etc out there. Why be such a downer?

Good responses. To the last three. :salute:

Northman
08-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Who?

Exactly.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Richard Quinn. our 2009 2nd round pick TE.

again... who? :confused:

Ravage!!!
08-27-2010, 05:20 PM
I rarely complained about them till then before OTHER than when we clearly had a need that was not addressed at all LIKE DT either in the draft or FA.

:lol: :lol: :lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

claymore
08-27-2010, 07:06 PM
again... who? :confused:

You might have missed him last year. He had zero receptions for zero yards last year.

spikerman
08-27-2010, 07:33 PM
You might have missed him last year. He had zero receptions for zero yards last year.

Damn, with that production they could have traded those two picks for me instead. I would have equaled his stats and cost the team a whole lot less.

jhildebrand
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Its obvious you don't research the inneptness of the other 31 teams' draft picks as well. I guarantee its not a 'Bronco Phenomenom'.

Its obvious? Is it really? :confused:

PLEASE! You couldn't possibly know what I know about other teams draft picks unless you read it on another forum or happened to ask me!

Needless to say I know plenty! Besides that wasn't the point. I know that and you know that! Instead of addressing the point I made yoju simply chose to play word games.

The fact is you didn't even address my point and I think it is clear to all as to why! As someone else pointed out, this team has had 5 high firsts. Some spent, some shipped out, etc... SD is winning the West every year because they drafted well when they were in this position. Pitt does well because they have drafted well for 10 plus years.

So do me a fcavor and tell me where I went wrong in my post you decided to quote. Please attack the post at will. However, attacking me and my knowledge, or your presumed lack of it provides nothing for the convo.

At the end of the day it still remains to be seen if DT is worth the #1 let alone if he can stay on the field. It would behoove you to look up Snoop Minnis and how that pick set KC back. Then talk to me about draft knowledge.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2010, 10:16 AM

Oh.. so he plays.... LG? DT?

spikerman
08-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Oh.. so he plays.... LG? DT?

Maybe he's resting on his laurels after his 12 catch college career.

broncobryce
08-28-2010, 11:33 AM
My lord you guys bitch a lot.

honz
08-28-2010, 11:54 AM

Stop bitching about it! :D

Lonestar
08-28-2010, 11:57 AM
:salute:
Amen Brother.

rcsodak
08-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Its obvious? Is it really? :confused:

PLEASE! You couldn't possibly know what I know about other teams draft picks unless you read it on another forum or happened to ask me!

Needless to say I know plenty! Besides that wasn't the point. I know that and you know that! Instead of addressing the point I made yoju simply chose to play word games.

The fact is you didn't even address my point and I think it is clear to all as to why! As someone else pointed out, this team has had 5 high firsts. Some spent, some shipped out, etc... SD is winning the West every year because they drafted well when they were in this position. Pitt does well because they have drafted well for 10 plus years.

So do me a fcavor and tell me where I went wrong in my post you decided to quote. Please attack the post at will. However, attacking me and my knowledge, or your presumed lack of it provides nothing for the convo.

At the end of the day it still remains to be seen if DT is worth the #1 let alone if he can stay on the field. It would behoove you to look up Snoop Minnis and how that pick set KC back. Then talk to me about draft knowledge.
WOW. Over exaggerate much?

I didn't "attack" you OR your knowledge. And YOU know that. You made a point at attacking draft picks just starting their second year, or haven't even had the chance to play yet. Other than showing bias, your post had no merit. Rod Smith didn't show shit at first...how'd he end up? Sharpe?

I was referring to the FACT that unless a poster spends more than 2mins looking at a few 1st rounders from a team or two, they WOULD think the Broncos sucked the worst at picking.

Just like the FACT that NE can't draft a WR to save their lives!

So you can put away your 'WAAAA, RC's picking on me' mantra, and address the point I AIMED AT and HIT. :coffee:

Bosco
08-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Damn, with that production they could have traded those two picks for me instead. I would have equaled his stats and cost the team a whole lot less.

Can you block like an NFL caliber offensive tackle though?

jhildebrand
08-28-2010, 07:18 PM
WOW. Over exaggerate much?

I didn't "attack" you OR your knowledge. And YOU know that. You made a point at attacking draft picks just starting their second year, or haven't even had the chance to play yet. Other than showing bias, your post had no merit. Rod Smith didn't show shit at first...how'd he end up? Sharpe?

I was referring to the FACT that unless a poster spends more than 2mins looking at a few 1st rounders from a team or two, they WOULD think the Broncos sucked the worst at picking.

Just like the FACT that NE can't draft a WR to save their lives!

So you can put away your 'WAAAA, RC's picking on me' mantra, and address the point I AIMED AT and HIT. :coffee:

Rod smith and shannon sharpe are so appropriate for the argument seeing how they were drafted in the first round :lol:

Again, RC, the point I made, which you clearly didn't address, stands! This current staff had better hope some of these early picks pay dividends or they will be behind the eight ball. Alph hasn't done much, ayers barely flashed, moreno has already shown to be injury prone, DT can't get on the field, TT is a "project" and DT can't get on the practice field!

Oh and someone already highlighted the career achievments of one Richard Quinn. :D so do me a favor and tell me where my original point was off base? You insist you hit the nail on the head yet I fail to see it. The smith and sharpe comparisons are sill for the reasons I pointed out.

so while a perrish cox looks like a nice pick it is little compensation or justification for what could be multiple failed high picks!

broncohead
08-28-2010, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't write off rookies or 2nd year players. It's only pre season too.

Northman
08-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Maybe he's resting on his laurels after his 12 catch college career.

He's obviously opening up big holes for the running game or great pass protection.....wait...

Bosco
08-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't write off rookies or 2nd year players. It's only pre season too. Some people have an agenda they need to validate.

I Eat Staples
08-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Can you block like an NFL caliber offensive tackle though?

I'd like to know if Richard Quinn can, maybe he'll actually get in a game some time this year.

Lonestar
08-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Some people have an agenda they need to validate.

Thiught I was that saw that.

Bosco
08-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I'd like to know if Richard Quinn can, maybe he'll actually get in a game some time this year.

A) His blocking ability is what got him drafted.

B) Didn't you watch him last year? He was on some of the goal line sets and made short work of clearing out defensive ends and linebackers.

broncobryce
08-28-2010, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't write off rookies or 2nd year players. It's only pre season too.

Yeah, but you actually use your head.

Ravage!!!
08-29-2010, 05:48 PM
A) His blocking ability is what got him drafted.

B) Didn't you watch him last year? He was on some of the goal line sets and made short work of clearing out defensive ends and linebackers.

We must have missed those huge blocks when missing all those 3rd and shorts and 4th and short runs. Where was all this clearing out again? :confused:

Bosco
08-29-2010, 06:22 PM
We must have missed those huge blocks when missing all those 3rd and shorts and 4th and short runs. Where was all this clearing out again? :confused:

Was he in on those plays? Did they run to his side? If so, did he miss his block?

Ravage!!!
08-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Was he in on those plays? Did they run to his side? If so, did he miss his block?

I don't know. You tell me. You were the one that was insisting that he was providing all this clearing. If he wasn't in on these plays, why not? If he's making all these "clearing blocks".. why wouldn't we run to his side? If he didn't miss his blocks, then why didn't we run right behind him each and every time we needed those short yards?

I don't know. You seem to be the one that is making the claim about all these clearing blocks the he was providing and was drafted for.

Bosco
08-29-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't know. You seem to be the one that is making the claim about all these clearing blocks the he was providing and was drafted for.

I said he was in on some of the goal line sets, of which there are only a couple (if that) used a game. You're throwing out every 3rd/4th and 1 as a situation and apparently expecting me to recall from memory. Sorry, my memories very good, but it isn't super human.

None the less, since you offered it up as a way to seemingly demonstrate his failure there and provide a counterpoint, I figured you had something a little more specific. It's clear now that isn't the case.

jhildebrand
08-30-2010, 10:03 AM
I like Perrish Cox a lot. The kid is looking better and better.

I like Syd'quan, too. In fact he and Perrish are looking good enough that if Denver can sucker Baltimore into trading for Alphonso I would do it now!

Decker and Willis look good too.

Orton is playing lights out compared to last season. I didn't think I would have any optimism for this season and now I do.

As for DT, I think we have a good stable of WR's even without him. Just take the time with the guy and go as long as you can to give him time.