PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is Jamal Williams?

horsepig
08-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I am very busy this time of year, I don,t see all the threads all the time. That said, I have not heard Williams name mentioned for weeks. Is he too fat? Is he too old/overpaid/spoiled? Does the Post know this guy is on the team? Will we ever hear about him again?

HORSEPOWER 56
08-24-2010, 10:41 PM
I am very busy this time of year, I don,t see all the threads all the time. That said, I have not heard Williams name mentioned for weeks. Is he too fat? Is he too old/overpaid/spoiled? Does the Post know this guy is on the team? Will we ever hear about him again?

Maybe if/when he starts making plays in games he'll get noticed again. He really hasn't played many snaps in the preseason thus far and hasn't made any "impact" plays that I've seen.

TXBRONC
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Maybe if/when he starts making plays in games he'll get noticed again. He really hasn't played many snaps in the preseason thus far and hasn't made any "impact" plays that I've seen.

When he has been in he hasn't looked real good. But like you said he has played that many snaps so maybe that's why he hasn't looked so good.

dogfish
08-24-2010, 11:22 PM
who ever talks about nosetackles?

no stats, no glory, and all the dirty work . . .

TXBRONC
08-24-2010, 11:38 PM

I talk about nosetackles at least three times a week and sometime more if the month has 31 days in it. :shocked:

pnbronco
08-24-2010, 11:40 PM

well informed fans that understands teams live and die in the trenches....

oh wait where am I and who sucks??? ;)

BTW when I saw him at camp I did welcome him to Denver and thanked him for bringing his unselfish play to the Broncos. Also I think the coaches are saving his energy and knee's for the actual season, just guessing though.

pnbronco
08-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I talk about nosetackles at least three times a week and sometime more if the month has 31 days in it. :shocked:

he said "nosetackles" TX not nose hairs.....sorry I'm such a stinker tonight. Can't figure out if it's too much or too little sleep............:confused:

dogfish
08-24-2010, 11:47 PM
oh wait where am I and who sucks??? ;)

:lol::lol:

BTW when I saw him at camp I did welcome him to Denver and thanked him for bringing his unselfish play to the Broncos. Also I think the coaches are saving his energy and knee's for the actual season, just guessing though.

i'm pretty sure this is the actual reason we aren't hearing much about him. . . there's very little reason to play him much if at all in the preseason. . .

he said "nosetackles" TX not nose hairs.....sorry I'm such a stinker tonight. Can't figure out if it's too much or too little sleep............:confused:

it's probably my bad influence. . . :fear:

TXBRONC
08-24-2010, 11:48 PM

I only count nose hairs once a month. :tsk:

PAINTERDAVE
08-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah... I heard this discussion on the radio...

Williams is apparantly not bringing it... in pre season.

The question is... does that translate well to dude turning on the burners once the season gets going...

or is it a harbinger of things to come...
ie, dude skating at the end of his career.

Time will tell....
but this was a pretty hot topic on the airwaves today as well.

The consensus was that the D line (front 7) is not looking very good so far.

They were raving about the secondary
I was simply working my tail off...
I have not been able to watch either pre season game...
I hope to catch this next one.

Pittsburgh and Rothlesberger. Lets see what the d-line does now.

The 3rd pre season game is the biggest indicator....

honz
08-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Jamal is a solid fatty.

dogfish
08-25-2010, 12:15 AM
in my limited experience, talk radio is worse than these boards for blatant pessimism and overreaction-- most of those guys call in specifically because they've got an axe to grind. . .

not that my opinion's worth any more than one of their's, but i'll worry about jamal if our front's getting pushed around in september. . . i'm not gonna worry about it before then. . .

he just hasn't ever struck me as the type to mail it in. . . dude's been a warrior, you don't anchor the 3-4 that long and that well without having some pride in what you do. . . if anything, i'll believe his knees are shot before believing that he turned lazy at this late stage in his career-- not saying it never happens, but i don't buy it in jamal's case. . .

sneakers
08-25-2010, 12:36 AM
I forgot all about that guy!

SOCALORADO.
08-25-2010, 07:38 AM
I would say its safe to say that Williams limited action/hype in the pre season is planned.
If DEN can get 8-9 good games outta Williams, its a win, and the coaches know this.
Theres nothing in preseason that can help him, but if he gets injured in preseason DEN is seriously screwed.
So hes not making headlines, and he isnt really playing.
Just wait for that 1st game though.

Nomad
08-25-2010, 07:43 AM
I would say its safe to say that Williams limited action/hype in the pre season is planned.
If DEN can get 8-9 good games outta Williams, its a win, and the coaches know this.
Theres nothing in preseason that can help him, but if he gets injured in preseason DEN is seriously screwed.
So hes not making headlines, and he isnt really playing.
Just wait for that 1st game though.

Sounds good to me!!

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I don't mind a vet not going full speed in pre-season games. We have seen just how exaggerated the fan belief is on just how important these games are. We've seen rookies miss the entire TCs and pre-season, then come in and contribute during the season. Vets, like Williams, don't need to go full speed in pre-season games. I don't blame them for skating through and taking it easy for now.

LTC Pain
08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
I don't mind a vet not going full speed in pre-season games. We have seen just how exaggerated the fan belief is on just how important these games are. We've seen rookies miss the entire TCs and pre-season, then come in and contribute during the season. Vets, like Williams, don't need to go full speed in pre-season games. I don't blame them for skating through and taking it easy for now.

Sorry but I repsectfully disagree. You train like you fight, including in sports. The players that can practice/train at a lower level then turn it up a notch or two in real time are very rare. I'd rather Wink let Chris Baker loose.

hotcarl
08-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Sorry but I repsectfully disagree. You train like you fight, including in sports. The players that can practice/train at a lower level then turn it up a notch or two in real time are very rare. I'd rather Wink let Chris Baker loose.

yeah chris baker needs to be let loose!! imagine what would happen!!!

Bill Devaroe
08-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Chris Baker has shown he can be a trouble maker in college, which lends wll to the NFL. Imagine the possibilities!:welcome:

Ravage!!!
08-25-2010, 10:45 AM

Williams has been in the NFL a long time. He knows the position, he knows what it takes to do his job, and he knows how to succeed at his job..... otherwise he wouldn't have been as good at it for as long as he has in the NFL.

At this stage of his career, he doesn't need to train at full speed to get the most out of his season. What he needs to get the most out of his season, is to remain healthy and to keep up his energy/endurance for the season.

Plus... I think you are fooling yourself if you believe that most veterans practice in TCs and pre-season like they do during the year.

claymore
08-25-2010, 10:47 AM
If Jamal Perfoms at 80% this year it will be a blessing.

TXBRONC
08-25-2010, 10:57 AM

That could be.

dogfish
08-25-2010, 01:29 PM
I'd rather Wink let Chris Baker loose.

i agree with this-- he needs the reps far, far more than jamal does. . .

honz
08-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Chris Baker is a mediocre fatty.

dogfish
08-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Chris Baker is a mediocre fatty.

well, give him some time-- you don't get to be a fatty of jamal's status just overnight!

rcsodak
08-25-2010, 03:52 PM
in my limited experience, talk radio is worse than these boards for blatant pessimism and overreaction-- most of those guys call in specifically because they've got an axe to grind. . .

not that my opinion's worth any more than one of their's, but i'll worry about jamal if our front's getting pushed around in september. . . i'm not gonna worry about it before then. . .

he just hasn't ever struck me as the type to mail it in. . . dude's been a warrior, you don't anchor the 3-4 that long and that well without having some pride in what you do. . . if anything, i'll believe his knees are shot before believing that he turned lazy at this late stage in his career-- not saying it never happens, but i don't buy it in jamal's case. . .
Since he injured his arm last year, he actually saved the wear n tear on his body. He's been sitting out practices to save up for when it counts. Pretty sure he knows how to play NT....its the other guys that need the practice. No news=good news
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

LoyalSoldier
08-26-2010, 09:44 PM

They only talk about them when there is a big hole for the opposing running back to go through.

sanluis
08-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Jamal the Wall plays full speed when he is in the game. He knows that if he takes a play off at nose really bad things can happen. It is his job to cover the backers and not let runners get to the next level or blockers get to his teammates. If he takes a play off people could get hurt including himself. He wouldn't do that IMO.

TXBRONC
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
i agree with this-- he needs the reps far, far more than jamal does. . .

Same here, save the wear and tear on him. He'll be getting plenty of reps once the season starts.

Overtime
08-28-2010, 03:43 PM

he's probably at the buffet still. :coffee: