PDA

View Full Version : Broncos do the linebacker shuffle

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2010, 08:58 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/24/broncos-do-the-linebacker-shuffle/4716/

It is hard to keep up these days with all moves the Broncos are making in their linebacking corps.

First they added Jason Hunter (a defensive end-turned outside linebacker) and Worrell Williams (an inside linebacker just like big bro DJ) last week. On Tuesday, the team released inside linebacker Akin Ayodele, who started the first two preseason games.

So what does this all mean to the depth chart?

When the defense runs out for the first defensive series against Pittsburgh on Sunday, the starting lineup of linebackers will likely look like this: outside — Robert Ayers and Jarvis Moss; inside — Mario Haggan and D.J. Williams.

The top reserves inside are Wesley Woodyard (better in passing situations) and Joe Mays (better against the run), while Baraka Atkins, Hunter, Jammie Kirlew and Kevin Alexander will likely be fighting for two roster spots at outside linebacker behind Ayers and Moss.

The team decided to release Ayodele now since Haggan has been moved back inside, and Woodyard and Mays — the depth at the position — are also key special teams players while Ayodele was not.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 09:27 PM
I like Jason Hunter best amongst our backups. Dude can get after the QB when healthy.

Traveler
08-25-2010, 05:24 AM
This game will be telling on just how much Jarvis Moss has or hasn't improved. He won't be matched up against second and third stringers.

Here's hoping he shines against first string competition!

As for Hunter, I've read nothing but good things about him. Here's hoping he can make a difference while switching to the OLB position. Need all the help we can get.

Tned
08-25-2010, 07:25 AM
I actually thought with Doom gone that Ayodele could wind up starting on the inside with Haggan moving back to the outside. Hopefully, as Trav says, we'll see that he's finally good to go and shine like that first round pick that he is.

broncofaninfla
08-25-2010, 08:17 AM
I like Jason Hunter best amongst our backups. Dude can get after the QB when healthy.

I agree, the kid has a motor on him.

hotcarl
08-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I agree, the kid has a motor on him.

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHA

yeah

broncohead
08-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I actually thought with Doom gone that Ayodele could wind up starting on the inside with Haggan moving back to the outside. Hopefully, as Trav says, we'll see that he's finally good to go and shine like that first round pick that he is.

Ya I thought Ayodele would start but didn't impress really and he doesn't play special teams. Good move imo