PDA

View Full Version : Sperry Joins Squad

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2010, 05:20 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/sperry-joins-squad/

The Broncos were awarded tight end Kory Sperry off waivers from Miami on Tuesday. The team also waived Tyler Polumbus and officially released Akin Ayodele.

Sperry, a Colorado native who played collegiately at Colorado State, notched three catches for 31 yards and a touchdown in eight games, including one start, as a rookie with the Dolphins last season. Miami released the 6-foot-4, 238-pound tight end yesterday.

Polumbus played 31 games, including eight starts, the past two seasons with the Broncos. The former college free agent from Colorado filled in for Ryan Harris last season when the tackle missed eight games due to injury.

Ayodele signed with the Broncos in April, hoping to crack the rotation at linebacker in his ninth NFL season. On Tuesday, McDaniels said the team was releasing Ayodele now to give him a chance to catch on with another team.

underrated29
08-24-2010, 05:22 PM
yay, cut branson.

I'm still standing by the fact that this guy blows!

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 05:29 PM
yay, cut branson.

I'm still standing by the fact that this guy blows!

Only problem is that so does Sperry. And Branson actually seemed decent so far this pre-season, but I don't know how good he is at blocking (if at all).

As for Sperry, I don't get it. He's our 4th TE and our worst one.

shank
08-24-2010, 05:33 PM
a friend of mine was good friends with sperry in high school. i knew i had heard the name before when i saw that we picked him up.

slim
08-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Championship!

dogfish
08-24-2010, 06:26 PM
i thought he had potential as a receiving TE coming out of college. . . we only have one TE on the roster that even comes close to resembling a proven NFL performer, so we certainly have room for more competition. . . i kinda doubt he can make the roster coming in this close to cut-downs, but he should have a chance to make the practice squad if he can catch the coaches' eyes in what's left of camp. . . as far as late august pickups go, sperry's not a bad guy to take a look at. . . he's a little on the small side for the position, but he has quality athleticism-- his measureables weren't so far off from some of that year's big name prospects at the combine. . .

NightTrainLayne
08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Am I the only one surprised that Polumbus was cut? The team must be really happy with Beadles as a potential backup/depth to slide out there if there's another injury.

NightTrainLayne
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Am I the only one surprised that Polumbus was cut? The team must be really happy with Beadles as a potential backup/depth to slide out there if there's another injury.

I should revise that. . .Polumbus is absolutely horrid, and I'm glad we cut him, so in that respect it's not surprising. Just surprised that the team feels that comfortable with Clady coming back already, it wasn't that long ago that Polumbus was running with the 1's :shameful:.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 06:40 PM

I should revise that. . .Polumbus is absolutely horrid, and I'm glad we cut him, so in that respect it's not surprising. Just surprised that the team feels that comfortable with Clady coming back already, it wasn't that long ago that Polumbus was running with the 1's :shameful:.

I was also surprised, but at the same time happy.

broncofaninfla
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
FB maybe? Move Spencer back to ILB?

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 08:09 PM
FB maybe? Move Spencer back to ILB?

I hadn't thought of that, but I doubt it. It seems like they've been grooming Larsen into a full-time FB.

silkamilkamonico
08-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Is there any chance Branson can play FB, or like an H back role, or is he just that oen dimensional?

WARHORSE
08-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Have no fear at TE this year.

Demaryius is so dang big, he can line up at TE.

Look for some sets where he does just that.

I got money on it.

Four wide.

Gaffney, Royal, Lloyd, Demaryius and Decker all on the field at once, with DT lined up at TE.

I can see the future......heh heh.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Is there any chance Branson can play FB, or like an H back role, or is he just that oen dimensional?

Branson lined up at H-Back several times in the Detroit game, when our protection was breaking down and he was needed to block.

BroncoNut
08-24-2010, 08:55 PM
I like the pickup. Sperry brings a vertical threat, aint that right Slim?

Dzone
08-24-2010, 09:17 PM
the dude played high school football in the blo

underrated29
08-24-2010, 09:33 PM

Yes, he does do that.....let me rephraze he lines up that way and is supposed to do that yet he does not. That is why I think he sucks so bad. I saw him suck at it at TC and in the games he has not done much better.

Quinn on the other hand at TC looked really good. But I think he is hurt right? He should turn some heads when he is back.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes, he does do that.....let me rephraze he lines up that way and is supposed to do that yet he does not. That is why I think he sucks so bad. I saw him suck at it at TC and in the games he has not done much better.

Quinn on the other hand at TC looked really good. But I think he is hurt right? He should turn some heads when he is back.

Quinn is a good blocker but he's the worst receiving TE ever.

underrated29
08-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Quinn is a good blocker but he's the worst receiving TE ever.

He didnt look bad in camp, but I do not recall him at all so far in preseason.....has he even played.

topscribe
08-24-2010, 10:02 PM
He didnt look bad in camp, but I do not recall him at all so far in preseason.....has he even played.

Quinn has played a little in a blocking capacity. But obviously he hasn't seemed
to make many waves . . .

-----

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 10:02 PM

I'm not sure, but there's a reason he's never targeted. :D

And I heard he was dropping passes in camp.

BroncoNut
08-24-2010, 10:25 PM
I crap staples

LTC Pain
08-25-2010, 09:01 AM
i crap staples

roflmao!!!