PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Polumbus Cut (merged)

Italianmobstr7
08-24-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15880206?source=rsssimplepiehome

The Broncos on Tuesday waived offensive tackle Tyler Polumbus, who had worked his way from local prep star to a standout at the University of Colorado and finally to his hometown NFL team.

Polumbus, 25, was a standout lineman at Cherry Chreek High School and the University of Colorado before he signed with the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2008.

Although an eight-game starter last season at right tackle in place of the injured Ryan Clady, Polumbus might not have been viewed as a fit for the Broncos since they moved to the power, one-on-one blocking scheme this year.

He could draw some waiver-wire interest from such zone-blocking teams as Washington (former coach Mike Shanahan), Houston (former offensive line coach rick Dennison), Seattle (former offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates) and Oakland (which has taken many former Broncos for its zone-blocking scheme).

I REALLY don't think that they would've cut Polumbus unless they truly believe the Clady will be 100% for the opener. Looks like Batiste will be playing a lot on Sunday night.

LTC Pain
Per the DP.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15880206

Rex
Best news all day

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos2009/ci_15880206?source=rss

The Broncos on Tuesday waived offensive tackle Tyler Polumbus, who had worked his way from local prep star to a standout at the University of Colorado and finally to his hometown NFL team.

Polumbus, 25, was a standout lineman at Cherry Chreek High School and the University of Colorado before he signed with the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2008.

Although an eight-game starter last season at right tackle in place of the injured Ryan Clady, Polumbus might not have been viewed as a fit for the Broncos since they moved to the power, one-on-one blocking scheme this year.

He could draw some waiver-wire interest from such zone-blocking teams as Washington (former coach Mike Shanahan), Houston (former offensive line coach rick Dennison), Seattle (former offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates) and Oakland (which has taken many former Broncos for its zone-blocking scheme).

topscribe
08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow, there's my first shock. :shocked:

I mean, he really wasn't all that good, but . . . .

-----

slim
08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
...if Polumbus was cut today?

tubby
Hallelujah

pnbronco

-----

Wow this is the first shocker....does this mean that Clady really is ready and the other guy is a better backup? Polumbus is a great kid but dang it got painful to watch him get thrown around even in camp.....

slim
If so, I think someone should start a thread about it.

topscribe
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow, Tyler is popular. Three threads. :laugh:

-----

Bosco
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Good luck to him.

Rex
08-24-2010, 04:14 PM
If so, I think someone should start a thread about it.

Post reported to NTL.

slim
08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Post reported to NTL.

That hurts, Rex.

I am crying as I type this.

dogfish
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM
praise tebow!

BigDaddyBronco
08-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Good. Orton has a chance.

UnderArmour
08-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Farewell to our former "game changing" tackle Polumbus. Whenever we "needed" a sack, he delivered.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 04:30 PM

-----

This was exactly how I felt when I read this. I think the guy sucks, but it's still surprising. I'm not so sure of our tackle depth, especially considering Clady's injury.

Although, it was like Polumbus wasn't even there anyway. :beer:

Dirk
08-24-2010, 04:39 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos2009/ci_15880206?source=rss

The DP should check their story's a little closer.

Otherwise Clady coming back tomorrow!?!

rcsodak
08-24-2010, 04:52 PM
The DP should check their story's a little closer.

Otherwise Clady coming back tomorrow!?!
You'd think they never watched a game.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

underrated29
08-24-2010, 04:55 PM
why so surprised?

I called this just the other day in a post. He played like crap for us, so bad that they moved batiste over to LT and then beadles will be working at LT next week against pitts while Olsen gets his LG work in..

we have clady, harris, beadles if injury, batiste if injury, and kuper can play T in a pinch too....No need for tyler, especially since he is just not that good.

honz
08-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm sure he's a great guy and a hard worker, but dude sucks going up against NFL talent.

NightTrainLayne
08-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Ha.. . I was wondering why no-one was discussing this in the other thread. I'm glad that the team feels secure enough in Batiste and Beadles to let Polumbus go. . .although that's not saying much, Polumbus was terrible, so I'm glad he's going.

WARHORSE
08-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Its a good thing when last years young starter gets cut the following year.

Not busting on Tyler, just saying.

It means we have something better in place.

Broncos Baby.

underrated29
08-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm sure he's a great guy and a hard worker, but dude sucks going up against NFL talent.

Funny you say that. A guy on my hockey team went to cherry creek high with him. Apparently tyler stole his cd or cd player out of his locker or car......I was not paying that much attention to the story. He confronted him and tyler was already like 6'5 as a freshman and basically pulled the what you gonna do about it thing....

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 09:39 PM
funny you say that. A guy on my hockey team went to cherry creek high with him. Apparently tyler stole his cd or cd player out of his locker or car......i was not paying that much attention to the story. He confronted him and tyler was already like 6'5 as a freshman and basically pulled the what you gonna do about it thing....

lol...

TXBRONC
08-24-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm not really surprised by this move.

JDL
08-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Hallelujah

Agree...

He was terrible last year. I thought we saw enough from the young guys in PREGAME2 so I'm ok with this.... like with cutting AA ... finding someone to handle RT is pretty easy to find, but we do seem to have a guy that can do an adequate job at LT... so work with younger guys and continue to revamp that OL... it sure needed it (though we need Moreno to get healthy and be more willing to cut back and find the hole, too often he pressed where the hole should be, but missed where the hole ended up being, great and even good backs can do that, see CB.) That will help the OL immensely as defenses will stop overplaying the point of attack.