PDA

View Full Version : Clady, Five Others to Return This Week

DenBronx
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
http://maxdenver.com/blog1/

The biggest — and best — news for the Broncos as they returned to practice Tuesday is the imminent return of Pro Bowl left tackle Ryan Clady.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels announced that Clady will practice Wednesday, although he will not necessarily take all the first-team repetitions at left tackle right away.

“We’ll bring him along, just like any player coming off injury,” McDaniels said.

Five other Broncos will return to practice this week, McDaniels confirmed. Running back Correll Buckhalter, cornerback Champ Bailey, linebacker D.J. Williams and right guard Chris Kuper will practice Tuesday afternoon. Running back LenDale White will practice Wednesday.

But the biggest news revolved around Clady, who injured his patellar tendon while playing basketball in April and had not practiced since. Tyler Polumbus worked as the first-team left tackle during the first few days of training camp, but D’Anthony Batiste replaced him and has remained there ever since.

Clady has been a mainstay at the Broncos’ conditioning facility during training camp while his teammates practiced.

“He’s been running and doing those kind of things already,” McDaniels said. “We feel like it’s about the right time to start working him back in in terms of football.”

“He’s done a great job of everything that he could do and could control once the injury occurred. I commend him for that. He’s really set a good example. He’s kept to himself. He’s really pushed himself hard. We feel like he’s on the right timetable. We’re going to get him back there and start working him back in.”

Clady will be moved off the non-football injury list and back onto the active roster Wednesday. Outside linebacker/defensive end Darrell Reid remains on the physically-unable-to-perform list.

slim
08-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Great news.

I just hope they don't push him too hard.

DenBronx
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Also, McDaniels said Demaryius Thomas will practice today.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/returning-to-health/

Josh McDaniels: "Good news on the injury front:" Buckhalter, Champ, D.J., Demaryius, & Kuper practice today. Tomorrow LenDale and Clady.

slim
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Hmmm, they are all coming back at the end of preseason?

I think some of these guys are big fakers.

broncofaninfla
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Very good news!

DenBronx
08-24-2010, 02:04 PM

My initial though was alot of these injuries had a healing time frame of about the end of preseason. So, our team could look much differant with alot of these guys back. Kyle looked great but how much greater would he look with Kuper and Clady back to buy him more time to throw?

As much as I want to see these guys get in and play in preseason I just want them all 100% for regular season.

LTC Pain
08-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Arooooga, me like. GO BRONCOS!

dogfish
08-24-2010, 02:08 PM
praise tebow!!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2152/tebowngel.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/tebowngel.jpg/)

Italianmobstr7
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
John Clayton is an idiot.

Like I said in another thread. John Clayton saying Clady was struggling walking up stairs and stuff. He's an idiot. There's no way McD let's Clady come back unless he's close to 100%. he knows how valuable Clady is. Everyone does.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Great news, this makes me happy. :elefant:

Just don't rush things. I want Clady 100% by week 1.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Like I said in another thread. John Clayton saying Clady was struggling walking up stairs and stuff. He's an idiot. There's no way McD let's Clady come back unless he's close to 100%. he knows how valuable Clady is. Everyone does.

To be fair, Clayton and McDaniels are both idiots. :lol:

honz
Slow roaster.

Slick
praise tebow!!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2152/tebowngel.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/tebowngel.jpg/)

I find this offensive. Please move this to the appropriate thread in the lounge.

-rcsodak

slim
08-24-2010, 02:23 PM

Ha ha ha!!!

That was funny! :laugh:

Italianmobstr7
08-24-2010, 02:25 PM

We can agree to disagree. I like and support our head coach. He's done nothing that I disagree with so far except maybe the trade up for Alphonso Smith and if Smith turns out to be a good player, I'll get over that too.

claymore
08-24-2010, 02:30 PM

He should hold them out of the first game to preach accountability.

slim
08-24-2010, 02:31 PM
He should hold them out of the first game to preach accountability.

I hate you.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
We can agree to disagree. I lime and support our head coach. He's done nothing that I disagree with so far except maybe the trade up for Alphonso Smith and if Smith turns out to be a good player, I'll get over that too.

He's done nothing I agree with so far except signing a few decent veterans on defense a few good picks this draft, but those were ruined by the Tebow pick anyway.

So yeah, we can agree to disagree. Whether or not you like McD depends on your football philosophy.

topscribe
08-24-2010, 02:55 PM
We can agree to disagree. I lime and support our head coach. He's done nothing that I disagree with so far except maybe the trade up for Alphonso Smith and if Smith turns out to be a good player, I'll get over that too.

I can agree with you. McDaniels is hardly an idiot. I definitely not been a fan of
his, but he seems to have been proving me wrong so far on some fronts . . .

-----

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 02:56 PM
I can agree with you. McDaniels is hardly an idiot. I definitely not been a fan of
his, but he seems to have been proving me wrong so far on some fronts . . .

-----

How so? The only way he can prove me wrong is by winning.

topscribe
08-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Arooooga, me like. GO BRONCOS!

:dance: :dancing:

-----

rcsodak
08-24-2010, 03:03 PM
So you're saying you could run an NFL franchise. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

ps. And I've read your posts......I don't think clayton has any worries, either. :elefant:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 03:08 PM
So you're saying you could run an NFL franchise. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

ps. And I've read your posts......I don't think clayton has any worries, either. :elefant:

McDaniels doesn't run the Broncos, despite the misguided opinions of some fans. He's been the coach for one season. If you're a real Broncos fan, recognize our wonderful franchise for what it is...

And just because I can't run a franchise, doesn't mean McDaniels can.

Oh, and by the way, I'm fairly confident I could make a decent GM.

GEM
08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
How so? The only way he can prove me wrong is by winning.

How many games will change your mind?

weazel
08-24-2010, 03:34 PM

they should just wait it out at the farm like Brett!

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 03:34 PM
How many games will change your mind?

Possibly a playoff appearance, definitely a playoff win.

GEM
08-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Possibly a playoff appearance, definitely a playoff win.

That's fair. So if we do hit the playoffs this season you're on the bandwagon?

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 03:39 PM
That's fair. So if we do hit the playoffs this season you're on the bandwagon?

Yeah, there's a very good chance. The only way I'd still be completely opposed to McD if he wins a playoff game is if our division collapses and we win it with an 8-8 record, with half of our wins coming in miracle fashion like week 1 against Cincy. :lol:

dogfish
08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
McDaniels doesn't run the Broncos, despite the misguided opinions of some fans.

holy shit! then WTH is pat bowlen paying him for?

:noidea:

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 03:43 PM

HINT HINT!! You just mentioned the name of the man who runs the Broncos!

GEM
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah, there's a very good chance. The only way I'd still be completely opposed to McD if he wins a playoff game is if our division collapses and we win it with an 8-8 record, with half of our wins coming in miracle fashion like week 1 against Cincy. :lol:

Nice out!! :laugh:

topscribe
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Just ask a person what knows . . .

-----

pnbronco
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM

I was going to comment this on the other thread but I had to leave. Early in camp I saw Jamal Williams walking and to be honest I've seen turtles move faster. I mean I would really have to work at moving that slow and I'm 50. You know big guys save their energy for when they need it, so Clayton could of seen Clady going that slow, it just didn't necessary mean what he thought.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-24-2010, 05:29 PM

Actually this next game is the official "dress rehearsal" where the starters see the most action and typically play well into the second half. Week 4 is the week where most of the starters don't even dress.

This is the most telling game (per-season wise) as the the status of the team and we've got a tough opponent to boot.

TXBRONC
08-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Great news.

I just hope they don't push him too hard.

Also, McDaniels said Demaryius Thomas will practice today.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/returning-to-health/

Josh McDaniels: "Good news on the injury front:" Buckhalter, Champ, D.J., Demaryius, & Kuper practice today. Tomorrow LenDale and Clady.

You're full of all kinds of good news. Thanks DenBronx! :beer:

BroncoBJ
08-24-2010, 06:27 PM
:elefant: Damn, been a lotta good news today. But thats good stuff. Hopefully by the time week 1 starts, everyone will be healthy and ready to go for the most part. Obviously Dumervil wont be but the majority of our team will be.

Cant wait :rockon:

DenBronx
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
You're full of all kinds of good news. Thanks DenBronx! :beer:

I'm more excited about Thomas returning than anyone else. I think he's going to make us forget about the loss of Marshall real quick. :salute:

DenBronx
08-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Actually this next game is the official "dress rehearsal" where the starters see the most action and typically play well into the second half. Week 4 is the week where most of the starters don't even dress.

This is the most telling game (per-season wise) as the the status of the team and we've got a tough opponent to boot.

I wonder if Clady and Kuper will see any time this weekend? Would be nice to see what kind of official OLine we have before season starts. I doubt they play them game 4.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm more excited about Thomas returning than anyone else. I think he's going to make us forget about the loss of Marshall real quick. :salute:

Speaking for myself, I couldn't ever forget my favorite Bronco. :D

But for most people, I think if he does make people forget Marshall, it will be later rather than sooner. He has a lot of developing to do before being anywhere close to an elite receiver.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-24-2010, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=slim;1042886]Great news.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-24-2010, 07:16 PM
http://maxdenver.com/blog1/

The biggest — and best — news for the Broncos as they returned to practice Tuesday is the imminent return of Pro Bowl left tackle Ryan Clady.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels announced that Clady will practice Wednesday, although he will not necessarily take all the first-team repetitions at left tackle right away.

“We’ll bring him along, just like any player coming off injury,” McDaniels said.

Five other Broncos will return to practice this week, McDaniels confirmed. Running back Correll Buckhalter, cornerback Champ Bailey, linebacker D.J. Williams and right guard Chris Kuper will practice Tuesday afternoon. Running back LenDale White will practice Wednesday.

But the biggest news revolved around Clady, who injured his patellar tendon while playing basketball in April and had not practiced since. Tyler Polumbus worked as the first-team left tackle during the first few days of training camp, but D’Anthony Batiste replaced him and has remained there ever since.

Clady has been a mainstay at the Broncos’ conditioning facility during training camp while his teammates practiced.

“He’s been running and doing those kind of things already,” McDaniels said. “We feel like it’s about the right time to start working him back in in terms of football.”

“He’s done a great job of everything that he could do and could control once the injury occurred. I commend him for that. He’s really set a good example. He’s kept to himself. He’s really pushed himself hard. We feel like he’s on the right timetable. We’re going to get him back there and start working him back in.”

Clady will be moved off the non-football injury list and back onto the active roster Wednesday. Outside linebacker/defensive end Darrell Reid remains on the physically-unable-to-perform list.

Bs. Clady should have stayed true to his team, his contract and future as a football player, if he made money playing basketball then I can understand, but he does not. Get his butt out on the field and play him hard.

Italianmobstr7
08-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I was going to comment this on the other thread but I had to leave. Early in camp I saw Jamal Williams walking and to be honest I've seen turtles move faster. I mean I would really have to work at moving that slow and I'm 50. You know big guys save their energy for when they need it, so Clayton could of seen Clady going that slow, it just didn't necessary mean what he thought.

Gotcha, wasn't trying to say you're an idiot or anything. John Clayton is stupid is all I'm saying. Sorry if it came off as defensive :)

Italianmobstr7
08-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Bs. Clady should have stayed true to his team, his contract and future as a football player, if he made money playing basketball then I can understand, but he does not. Get his butt out on the field and play him hard.

So because he's a football player he's not allowed to do any other physical activity? He doesn't need to be rushed on to the field or played hard until he's 100% and completely ready. I'm sure in his next contract, it'll have that he can't play bball, but it didn't say anything about it in this one. He's a human being and a football player. Clady will be back and he'll be fine as long as he's not rushed and not having to grind it out early. His injury is a serious one, and I'm glad that he's healthy enough to practice. As long as he's ready by week 1 I'll be happy.

Mike
08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Awesomeness

TXBRONC
08-24-2010, 09:09 PM

Hopefully Thomas becomes a great receiver.

I think that having Clady and Kuper back is more important.

topscribe
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM

I've seen too many injury setbacks just to take that approach. First, you can't
expect a player just to play football, then sit around all winter and watch Days
of Our Lives on TV. He has a right to enjoy himself with a little basketball and
whatever. Ordinarily, it would help to keep him in shape.

Second, a player with an injury such as Clady's has to be worked back in
cautiously. A re-injury is often worse than the original thing. It isn't his attitude
they're getting back into shape; it's his knee.

-----

Dzone
08-24-2010, 09:24 PM
wt heck was mcd thinking when he traded a #1 for alphonso smith? the dude is a complete bust

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 09:25 PM
wtf was mcd thinking when he traded a #1 for alphonso smith? the dude is a complete bust

Random but I agree. Except it's too early to call him a bust.

TXBRONC
08-24-2010, 09:35 PM

He could have gotten hurt crossing a street, or any other number of things. There are worse non-football injuries that could have happened. If I absolutely had to pick and choose between getting hurt playing a pick-up basketball game or him getting shot and possibly killed because he was out clubbing. Wouldn't you?

dogfish
08-24-2010, 09:52 PM

relax. . . your hero's not going to be starting in the near future anyway, his blind side will be safe without us intentionally being idiots with arguably the best/most valuable player on the team. . . but thanks for your concern for ryan. . .

:rolleyes:

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 09:54 PM
relax. . . your hero's not going to be starting in the near future anyway, his blind side will be safe without us intentionally being idiots with arguably the best/most valuable player on the team. . . but thanks for your concern for ryan. . .

:rolleyes:

I was thinking along those lines as soon as she posted.

T.K.O.
08-24-2010, 10:15 PM
hell yeah !

Lonestar
08-25-2010, 03:56 AM
I wonder if Clady and Kuper will see any time this weekend? Would be nice to see what kind of official OLine we have before season starts. I doubt they play them game 4.

If they have not played in any of the other games. It would a good idea for them to play in week 4.

The whole reason that teas have rested the starters in wk4 is because they played a lot in the other games.

They will need the work to get into game shape.