PDA

View Full Version : Changes in the lineup

Spiritguy
08-24-2010, 01:29 PM
McDaniels confirmed Mario Haggan will move back to inside linebacker. Jarvis Moss will be 1st team OLB w/ Ayers.
McDaniels confirmed Mario Haggan will move back to inside linebacker. Jarvis Moss will be 1st team OLB w/ Ayers.
per Lindsay Jones Twitter

DenBronx
08-24-2010, 01:36 PM
It's not like we have a choice. We are so thin now and that's really our only option. It would be Haggan or Woodyard at ILB and Haggan might be a little better in coverage right now.

At least Moss and Ayers seem to be playing very well in preseason/camp which is a huge suprise.

Spiritguy
08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Looks like DJ is back practicing today too so ??? Haggen also has some weight to him so hopefully that will stabilize the inside some.

slim
08-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Maybe he should move inside. How many times did he lose contain against Detroit?

honz
08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
All my Jarvis apologist posts are finally coming to fruition!

underrated29
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I like this much better. Haggan is not suited for the outside at all. he is the run stuffer. moss has the speed to track a Rb down sideline to sideline, and can maybe just maybe get after that QB..Haggan imo can do neither and his replacements, akin ayokdelouoau and mays suck.

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I like Haggan better inside, but I like Moss better on the bench...he can play as well as he wants in preseason, but watch once the regular season comes, he'll go back to his old ways and possibly consider retirement again.

broncofaninfla
08-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I like a Ayers, Haggan, Williams, Moss LB team but if one of these guys gets hurt.......

Italianmobstr7
08-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I like a Ayers, Haggan, Williams, Moss LB team but if one of these guys gets hurt.......

Then we could still replace them with Woodyard, Joe Mays, Worrell Williams and Johmny Williams...

honz
08-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Then we could still replace them with Woodyard, Joe Mays, Worrell Williams and Johmny Williams...
I think that is his point...

dogfish
08-24-2010, 02:24 PM
this is probably the best alignment. . . with griesen and ayodele both getting cut, our depth inside was gone. . .

dogfish
08-24-2010, 02:25 PM

terrifying thought!

:fear:

i think mays is worse than nate webster. . .

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM

But they all suck.

LTC Pain
08-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I like Haggan better inside, but I like Moss better on the bench...he can play as well as he wants in preseason, but watch once the regular season comes, he'll go back to his old ways and possibly consider retirement again.

Nah, you don't know that at all. Moss has shown improvement this year in his off season preparation to learn a new position, performance at OTAs and training camp and has played better in the only pre-season game he's played in. Your assessment that Moss is going to revert to his "old ways" doesn't fit with the new positive trend/direction he's on. I for one am glad he's re-dedicated himself and it's showing. Keep up the good work Jarvis! We want to see more.

Elevation inc
08-24-2010, 03:10 PM
i knew haggan was never gonna start outside......he is a liability there......most likely its him and dJ inside backed up by woodyard and Mays....outside it will probally be kirlew and jason hunter backing up moss and ayers, and we will see reid back in november....mays hasnt been great but he has played better than ayodele

dogfish
08-24-2010, 03:16 PM
i knew haggan was never gonna start outside......he is a liability there......most likely its him and dJ inside backed up by woodyard and Mays....outside it will probally be kirlew and jason hunter backing up moss and ayers, and we will see reid back in november....mays hasnt been great but he has played better than ayodele

you think hunter over baraka atkins?

I Eat Staples
08-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Nah, you don't know that at all. Moss has shown improvement this year in his off season preparation to learn a new position, performance at OTAs and training camp and has played better in the only pre-season game he's played in. Your assessment that Moss is going to revert to his "old ways" doesn't fit with the new positive trend/direction he's on. I for one am glad he's re-dedicated himself and it's showing. Keep up the good work Jarvis! We want to see more.

Moss has shown "improvement" every TC since he's been in the league. But he never does anything in the regular season.

spikerman
08-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Personally I would like to see what Larsen could do inside in a 3-4 defense where his limited speed wouldn't be as big of an issue. I like his intensity and in his limited LB playing time he seemed to have good instincts in tracking down the ball. Even better, when he did get to the ball carrier he usually "arrived angry".

Elevation inc
08-25-2010, 05:38 AM

yeah im going to go now with hunter and Kirlew behind moss and ayers...Atkins will probally be the PS guy.....alexander will get cut

TXBRONC
08-25-2010, 09:48 AM
It's not like we have a choice. We are so thin now and that's really our only option. It would be Haggan or Woodyard at ILB and Haggan might be a little better in coverage right now.

At least Moss and Ayers seem to be playing very well in preseason/camp which is a huge suprise.

I think Moss earned the right to be given some playing time with first team.

LTC Pain
08-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Moss earned the right to be given some playing time with first team.

I agree 100% And McD has always said the best players will play. If Moss cannot maintain the level of play he has shown in OTAs, training camp and in the pre-season then I'm all for putting someone else on the first team.

TXBRONC
08-25-2010, 10:02 AM
I agree 100% And McD has always said the best players will play. If Moss cannot maintain the level of play he has shown in OTAs, training camp and in the pre-season then I'm all for putting someone else on the first team.

Absolutely we need people and fill the void left by Dumervil's injury. I would love to see Moss and Ayers both get between 6 and 8 sacks.

hotcarl
08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
has there been a john mobley sighting recently? maybe his neck is feeling better

I Eat Staples
08-25-2010, 09:27 PM

Definitely.