PDA

View Full Version : Reserve/non football injury list

dogfish
08-23-2010, 06:56 PM
hey, does anybody know how this thing works?

i'm specifically wondering in regards to clady. . . will he count towards our 53-man roster as long as he's on that list? i'm assuming the answer is no, but if that's the case, is there a deadline for moving him to the active 53, or can he be activated at any time? and if he's not active to start the season, can he be moved to the PUP?

i've never paid any attention to this before, and it's going to have a potentially large impact on us this season. . .

Spiritguy
08-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Good question Dog, I don't have a clue either. Was just thinking that when someone answers this it may be a good idea to put it in the football 101 section.

frauschieze
08-23-2010, 08:50 PM
I believe Clady is already on the PUP as he was not able to start camp.

dogfish
08-23-2010, 09:06 PM

the team site lists him on the reserve/non football injury list, and NOT on the PUP list. . . i'm pretty sure PUP is ONLY for football injuries, which his was not. . .

red98
08-23-2010, 09:12 PM

He's actually on "reserve/non-football injury", but it works the same as PUP except Clady doesn't get paid while on it.

More info:

September 4: Simultaneously with the cutdown to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of active/physically unable to perform (PUP) or active/non-football injury or illness (NFI) must take one of the following options: place player on reserve/PUP or reserve/NFI, whichever is applicable; ask waivers; terminate; trade; or continue to count him on active list.

October 19: Beginning the day after the conclusion of the sixth regular-season weekend and continuing through the day after the conclusion of the ninth-regular season weekend, clubs are permitted to begin practicing players on Reserve/PUP and Reserve/NFI for a period not to exceed 21 days. Players may be activated during the 21-day practice period or prior to 3 p.m. Central on the day after the conclusion of the 21-day period.

red98
08-23-2010, 09:14 PM
the team site lists him on the reserve/non football injury list, and NOT on the PUP list. . . i'm pretty sure PUP is ONLY for football injuries, which his was not. . .

Right. The only difference though is that PUP players still get paid, not so NFI.

dogfish
08-23-2010, 09:18 PM
gracias. . .

that's what i wanted. . . so unless he's worse than we're hoping, he'll have to be activated and count as an active roster spot. . . IF he's not ready for week one-- or even if the coaches just have concern about his complete readiness-- we'll have to keep an extra tackle. . . looks like that would be polumbus. . .

Elevation inc
08-24-2010, 07:16 AM
gracias. . .

that's what i wanted. . . so unless he's worse than we're hoping, he'll have to be activated and count as an active roster spot. . . IF he's not ready for week one-- or even if the coaches just have concern about his complete readiness-- we'll have to keep an extra tackle. . . looks like that would be polumbus. . .

yep thats my thought...im pretty sure he will be activated by week 1, but if not i see polumbus getting a few weeks as the thrid tackle before clady comes back then getting the boot when clady does return....