PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak's Texans are looking real good ....

omac
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Schaub is as good as they'd hoped; very poised, gets rid of the ball fast, usually very accurate, and makes some big plays.

Their offense is very similar to Denver, with their play action, zone blocking +, Ahman Green is a Denver type back, they have a superstar wide receiver like Denver does. Also, they use the tight-end on relatively deep routes.

Then, their defense is pretty darn good. They're able to get penetration on the offensive line.

Very, very good team against a very good Carolina team. :cheers:

Escobar
09-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Schaub is as good as they'd hoped; very poised, gets rid of the ball fast, usually very accurate, and makes some big plays.

Their offense is very similar to Denver, with their play action, zone blocking +, Ahman Green is a Denver type back, they have a superstar wide receiver like Denver does. Also, they use the tight-end on relatively deep routes.

Then, their defense is pretty darn good. They're able to get penetration on the offensive line.

Yep, looking good for them, lets see if they can keep it up and try to contain steve smith now.

NameUsedBefore
09-16-2007, 01:57 PM
31-14 now.

omac
09-16-2007, 02:19 PM
The weakness of Carolina is showing; neither of their supposedly talented runningbacks are stepping up. I'd trade them if I was Fox.

(added) oops, guess they played well last week.

broncosfanscott
09-16-2007, 11:14 PM

The more I see of them the more impressed I am, yet I shouldn't be because Kubiak is a smart coach who will help that team succeed. Texans won't be a push over anymore and our matchup with them in December will be a good one.

Medford Bronco
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
It also goes to show that Schaub is a huge improvement over
lead feet, i cant get rid of the ball David Carr

omac
09-16-2007, 11:41 PM
The more I see of them the more impressed I am, yet I shouldn't be because Kubiak is a smart coach who will help that team succeed. Texans won't be a push over anymore and our matchup with them in December will be a good one.

That's actually looking more dangerous than ever; the Texans as a team look much more polished than the Broncos do now. Their defense looks extraordinary! :ahhhhh:

omac
09-16-2007, 11:45 PM
It also goes to show that Schaub is a huge improvement over
lead feet, i cant get rid of the ball David Carr

Schaub plays with a whole lot of poise, and I think their offense feels a lot more calm with him at the helm. They don't panick even when they're behind, and like the Broncos, they're a very disciplined team. Schaub is a huge part of their success.

Kubiak is on his way to becoming a great coach, and there could be a time when Kubiak is thought of in Houston the way Shanny is in Denver. :cheers:

broncosfanscott
09-17-2007, 12:57 AM
That's actually looking more dangerous than ever; the Texans as a team look much more polished than the Broncos do now. Their defense looks extraordinary! :ahhhhh:

Good thing the game is in December. We have plenty of time to get things polished by then.

Broncos Mtnman
09-17-2007, 01:17 AM
People said I was crazy to pick Houston as my sleeper pick for the playoffs this year.

I think Kubes has the machine working the way he want it to now.

Watch out. :eek:

omac
09-17-2007, 01:23 AM
People said I was crazy to pick Houston as my sleeper pick for the playoffs this year.

I think Kubes has the machine working the way he want it to now.

Watch out. :eek:

I picked them to beat KC, not only because the Texans this year just looked much better with Schaub at the helm and Ahman running, but because KC looks like a team in shambles with no real direction.

I thought they'd lose but be competitive with Carolina, but the way they beat Carolina opens eyes. It's one thing to make KC look bad, but it's another thing to dominate a very good team like Carolina throughout most of the game. Now, I'm thinking maybe KC isn't that bad, but they went up against a far better team.

Houston Texans to the playoffs, I wouldn't doubt it after this performance. Nice call. :salute:

sneakers
09-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Ron Dayne! :D