PDA

View Full Version : Bitcho Cinco gets jacked up!!!!!!!

Overtime
08-21-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819e7696/Ocho-gets-clocked?module=HP_headlines%3Fcampaign%3Dnfl_fb

:lol: freakin' awesome. love how he was whining after that hit "man i'm tired of taking shots like that".

well Oucho, if you're tired of taking shots like that, maybe the Bengals could use a new waterboy. quit being a bitch and either play the game and quit whining or switch to defense and play DB.

BroncoWave
08-21-2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819e7696/Ocho-gets-clocked?module=HP_headlines%3Fcampaign%3Dnfl_fb

:lol: freakin' awesome. love how he was whining after that hit "man i'm tired of taking shots like that".

well Oucho, if you're tired of taking shots like that, maybe the Bengals could use a new waterboy. quit being a bitch and either play the game and quit whining or switch to defense and play DB.

You must not know very much about Ochocinco. Almost nothing he says is meant to be taken seriously. He's been in the league for like 9 or 10 years, I'm sure he is very used to and has no problems with taking shots. He probably just wasn't expecting shot a shot in a preseason game.

For a guy who's never gotten into any trouble and for all the good things he does for people and for his fans he sure does take alot of unwarranted shit.

underrated29
08-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Another guy OT hates.........

BroncoWave
08-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Another guy OT hates.........

Shocker, right? :lol:

Northman
08-21-2010, 08:59 PM
To Ocho's credit, he takes hits like a man. Last year Ray Lewis jacked him up and when Ray got fined Ocho went out to try and persuade the commissioner to revoke the fine.

BroncoWave
08-21-2010, 09:01 PM
To Ocho's credit, he takes hits like a man. Last year Ray Lewis jacked him up and when Ray got fined Ocho went out to try and persuade the commissioner to revoke the fine.

Yeah, I think if OT had actually heard Ocho say that quote he wouldn't have started this thread. I have no doubt that was said in a 100% joking manner, as is most of the stuff he says.

Poet
08-21-2010, 11:07 PM
I like how when Ward takes a hard shot he's tough, if Ocho, who does that all the time does it, he got 'jacked up'. I've seen him take monster hits and shake it off.

Respect the future Hall of Famer.

Overtime
08-21-2010, 11:47 PM
I like how when Ward takes a hard shot he's tough, if Ocho, who does that all the time does it, he got 'jacked up'. I've seen him take monster hits and shake it off.

oh please. Hall of Famer my ass. his stats are nowhere near HOF worthy. not to mention he'll never play on a Championship Team. At best he'll make the Bengals Hall of Fame.

Hines Ward also doesn't go on camera saying "man i'm tired of taking shots like that".

that's what separates punks like Bitcho from great receivers like Hines Ward.

broncogirl7
08-22-2010, 12:00 AM
I love Ocho, but damn that was one hell of a hit!!!

Poet
08-22-2010, 12:01 AM
oh please. Hall of Famer my ass. his stats are nowhere near HOF worthy. not to mention he'll never play on a Championship Team. At best he'll make the Bengals Hall of Fame.

Hines Ward also doesn't go on camera saying "man i'm tired of taking shots like that".

His stats are HoF worthy.

Hines Ward wore a ******* dress and is known as one of the dirtiest players in the game.

Respect the future HoFer. Four straight years leading the AFC in yards, will finish in the top ten in receptions and probably yards (may have those two confused) while playing in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore in it (perennial top five defenses).
Is he a first ballot HoFer? No way. Can you name five better wideouts in his era? No, you can't. Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, T.O. and that's it, and that's me being generous with those guys because CJ entered the league in 2001 or 2002 and those guys came in at least four years ahead of him.

BroncoWave
08-22-2010, 01:26 AM

You clearly know nothing about Ochocinco's personality or him as a player. You should probably stop while you're not too far behind. If you have actually paid attention to him in his career you would not know he is afraid to take a hit. You are reading WAY to far into a quote that wasn't even completely serious.

Also, Ocho has been a better WR in his career than Ward IMO. You look at his season averages and Ocho has him in almost every category.

BroncoWave
08-22-2010, 01:29 AM
His stats are HoF worthy.

Hines Ward wore a ******* dress and is known as one of the dirtiest players in the game.

Respect the future HoFer. Four straight years leading the AFC in yards, will finish in the top ten in receptions and probably yards (may have those two confused) while playing in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore in it (perennial top five defenses).
Is he a first ballot HoFer? No way. Can you name five better wideouts in his era? No, you can't. Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, T.O. and that's it, and that's me being generous with those guys because CJ entered the league in 2001 or 2002 and those guys came in at least four years ahead of him.

I would love to see him make the hall of fame. He is borderline right now and will probably need about 3 more good seasons but I think he has a very good chance. Hopefully voters don't hold his antics against him though. Most of them are more old school people who would hold someone out over shit like that.

I want him to make it the most just to hear his speech though. I have no doubt it would be one of the best speeches ever.

Poet
08-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Randy Moss - Better than Ocho by a lot. Ocho - never quit on his team (look at some of Moss' stints in Minnesota and his entire time in Oakland).

Terrell Owens - Better than Ocho by a lot. Ocho - never the cancer (I know we disagree on this BTB) that TO was.

Marvin Harrison - Better than Ocho by a lot. Ocho- didn't shoot anyone.

My man's legitimate. Do I like everything he does? No. Do I like him as a player, yeah he's been elite since his second year in the league. Do I like his personality? Yeah, I understand between poking fun and being a douchebag. Do I like his celebrations?

Tell you what, you try rooting for a team with the Bengals past and watching those highlights on ESPN for the majority of your life. Then go from watching that trash to watching an elite WR destroy competition and have fun and entertain you.

He was a bitch when he wanted to get paid/traded, but then again so were a lot of guys, like Marshall Faulk and Emmit Smith.

He's still one of the best route runners for his time, he still can run any route, he's still at least above average at practically anything you can ask a WR to do.

I've seen him take hard shots over the middle time and time again and get up. He's tough - just because he doesn't play for a Pittsburgh team and have a reputation for cheap shots that are celebrated doesn't mean he's soft. And FWIW and FTR I would take Ward on my team too.

Respect greatness.

BroncoWave
08-22-2010, 01:51 AM
FTR, I never said T.O. wasn't a cancer, I just don't think he is anymore at this point in his career. I think last season in Buffalo proved that. I honestly think the Bengals offense will be sick this season. Really good RB in Benson and probably the deepest team in the league at WR/TE. The D looks to be as good as last season and it wouldn't shock me a bit to see them make a deep playoff run. If they make it longer than Denver I will definitely be rooting for them.

Poet
08-22-2010, 01:56 AM
FTR, I never said T.O. wasn't a cancer, I just don't think he is anymore at this point in his career. I think last season in Buffalo proved that. I honestly think the Bengals offense will be sick this season. Really good RB in Benson and probably the deepest team in the league at WR/TE. The D looks to be as good as last season and it wouldn't shock me a bit to see them make a deep playoff run. If they make it longer than Denver I will definitely be rooting for them.

I have a lot of concerns about our offensive line. I also have some concerns about Carson Palmer. Since 2006 he's had streaks that made me think he was the best QB in football, and others that made me think that his ACL injury turned him into a poor man's Drew Bledsoe.

That being said, I have confidence in Palmer, and I think he'll be fine.

We'll just agree to disagree on T.O. We've had that conversation before and it would just be redundant, so......

I'll just say that I hope that you are right. :salute:

Oh, and OT can suck it. :lol:

BroncoWave
08-22-2010, 01:59 AM
I hope you guys get to the AFCCG and lose to the Broncos! :D

Overtime
08-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Respect greatness.

:lol:

respect greatness? ahahahahahahha. :elefant:

what a ******* joke.

his stats are NOT HOF worthy.

Jerry Rice was GREATNESS. Ocho Cinco? just a smidge over above average.

Without a championship to validate his career, he'll never make it into the HOF.

I mean honestly? What has he accomplished? What has he done that is "extraordinary" to distinguish himself among the greats? Nothing.

BroncoWave
08-22-2010, 10:52 AM
:lol:

respect greatness? ahahahahahahha. :elefant:

what a ******* joke.

his stats are NOT HOF worthy.

Jerry Rice was GREATNESS. Ocho Cinco? just a smidge over above average.

Without a championship to validate his career, he'll never make it into the HOF.

I mean honestly? What has he accomplished? What has he done that is "extraordinary" to distinguish himself among the greats? Nothing.

Only WR in NFL history to lead his conference in receiving yards yards for 4 consecutive seasons.

Poet
08-22-2010, 01:35 PM
OT, I'm glad to know that only Jerry Rice is worthy to be a Hall of Fame wide receiver.

Bronco Bible
08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!! he is not even the best receiver on his team now or when TJ was there, he is more more mouth than anything.

Poet
08-22-2010, 05:23 PM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!! he is not even the best receiver on his team now or when TJ was there, he is more more mouth than anything.

No, T.J. was not. And I'm the biggest T.J. fan you'll ever find. T.J. was a good wideout but he benefited from having CJ take most of the hard coverage. To be fair, CJ got help from T.J. much like Fitzgerald got help from Boldin.

You look at his stats and it just debunks the second half of that quote.

Respect greatness.

BroncoWave
08-22-2010, 05:37 PM

LOL, who is a better WR on that team now, TO? Maybe 5 years ago, but not now. TJ only had ONE better season than Ochocinco and that was in 08 when he was injured and had an off year.

TJ has two 1000 yard seasons, Ocho has 7, all in the last 8 seasons. TJ had one really good year in 07 where he had more catches and yards than Ocho but Ocho had over 300 more yards.

Since they have both been in the league the same number of years, it is fair to compare their stats, let's take a look:

Ocho: 684 Rec, 9952 Yds, 14.5 YPC, 62 TD

TJ: 586 Rec, 6693 yds, 11.4 YPC, 40 TD

Not even close when you check the stats.

KCL
08-22-2010, 05:40 PM
OT...You really suck at smack...:coffee:
this thread dissing Chad Johnson by the same person who was giving Larry Johnson
props when he signed with Cincy last season.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85637&highlight=larry+johnson

BroncoWave
08-22-2010, 05:43 PM
OT...You really suck at smack...:coffee:
this thread dissing Chad Johnson by the same person who was giving Larry Johnson
props when he signed with Cincy last season.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85637&highlight=larry+johnson

Great job finding that thread! Funny how last season they are a SB contender and this season when they appear to be even better they have no shot. Wanna explain that one OT?

KCL
08-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Here is a thread about Priest Holmes..one of the classiest players that played in the NFL and OT smacks on him...:coffee:

I had to laugh reading his post again..saying Holmes came back because he was broke....:lol: Yea I'm sure that's the reason he tried to make a comeback..:rolleyes:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68635&highlight=priest+holmes

KCL
08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
OT..I like you...nothing personal but you should be smacking on players that are deserving of it.

Dirk
08-23-2010, 07:28 AM
OT..I like you...nothing personal but you should be smacking on players that are deserving of it.

Yeah, like Larry Johnson. :behindsofa:

TXBRONC
08-23-2010, 08:56 AM

I suggest you take a look at his career stats. At the rate he's going I wouldn't doubt it if he ends ups in the Hall of Fame.

BroncoWave
08-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Let's say he plays 4 more years, averages 60 catches for 800 yards and 6 TD a season. Given his career averages, those are conservative estimates accounting for a decline. That would put him at 924 catches for 13,151 yards and 86 TD. That would put him right at the top 10 all time in catches and yards and around the top 15 in TDs. If he can win a Super Bowl before he retires he will have a VERY good hall of fame case. And if he plays a little longer than that, he could very well reach 1,000 catches, 15,000 yards and 100 TD. I think that would put him in regardless if he wins a title or not.

You can hate on him all day OT but the stats don't lie. He has hall of fame potential.

Devilspawn
08-23-2010, 01:49 PM
At this rate, Ocho will probably take 3-5 years to get in after he retires, but he'll get it.

Overtime
08-24-2010, 05:34 PM
I wonder how the HOF Voters will feel about his stupid antics on the field?

I will admit that the only one I ever found particularly amusing was when he gave the football CPR in the end zone, other than that, his dumb shenanigans don't do too much for me other than to verify the child's mentality of about half of what it should be.

quite fitting they signed his brother (Terrell Owens) to be the #2 receiver opposite him. :lol:

Poet
08-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I wonder how the HOF Voters will feel about his stupid antics on the field?

I will admit that the only one I ever found particularly amusing was when he gave the football CPR in the end zone, other than that, his dumb shenanigans don't do too much for me other than to verify the child's mentality of about half of what it should be.

quite fitting they signed his brother (Terrell Owens) to be the #2 receiver opposite him. :lol:

Have you looked at some of the guys in the Hall? I doubt this is an issue.

Look at the the second 'paragraph' that you wrote and read it aloud.

Good.

Now you know that you can't call anyone or anything they do stupid.

Respect greatness.

Overtime
08-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Have you looked at some of the guys in the Hall? I doubt this is an issue.

Look at the the second 'paragraph' that you wrote and read it aloud.

Good.

Now you know that you can't call anyone or anything they do stupid.

Respect greatness.

Bitcho ain't greatness, therefore he ain't getting respected. he's a bitch, and he's gonna get disrespected. good thing i dont know him personally, cause i'd pop the bitch in his punk ass mouth.

Poet
08-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Bitcho ain't greatness, therefore he ain't getting respected. he's a bitch, and he's gonna get disrespected. good thing i dont know him personally, cause i'd pop the bitch in his punk ass mouth.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol:

You are a silly man.

BroncoWave
08-24-2010, 10:42 PM

He's on pace to finish in the top 10 in NFL history in catches and yards and top 15 in TDs. Could you please define what a great player is if not that?

To say he's not a great WR is just ignorance. Is he at his peak anymore? Probably not, but at the end of the day, he will have better stats than several WRs who are in the hall of fame.

As for you last sentence, as Chad Ochocinco would say, CHILD PLEASE. Other than maybe a few kickers or punters, I'd put the number of professional football players' asses you could kick at about zero. I wish you would go up to him on the street and try to start something.

BroncoWave
08-24-2010, 10:43 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol:

You are a silly man.

Easy to spout the internet tough guy routine when you know you will never have to see someone face to face. I'd pay good money to see him try to go up to Chad and say that stuff.

Poet
08-24-2010, 10:45 PM
He's on pace to finish in the top 10 in NFL history in catches and yards and top 15 in TDs. Could you please define what a great player is if not that?

To say he's not a great WR is just ignorance. Is he at his peak anymore? Probably not, but at the end of the day, he will have better stats than several WRs who are in the hall of fame.

As for you last sentence, as Chad Ochocinco would say, CHILD PLEASE. Other than maybe a few kickers or punters, I'd put the number of professional football players' asses you could kick at about zero. I wish you would go up to him on the street and try to start something.

You're being generous.

Careful, if we gang up on him too much he may start another "I'm leaving thread," and then come back to check his "help, women won't talk to me because I'm retarded," thread.

Keep on repping Larry Johnson and hating on Ocho. :lol::lol::lol:

EMB6903
08-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Ocho Cinco wont reach the HOF, not because of his "off the field antics" but because he simply isnt good enough.

Good entertainer and football player, but not great and hasnt been in awhile.

I can name atleast 10+ wr's off the top of my head that I think are better.

Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, and Greg Jennings..

I dont have much of an argument for Percy Harvin but I would even take him over Ocho Cinco.

Poet
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Easy to spout the internet tough guy routine when you know you will never have to see someone face to face. I'd pay good money to see him try to go up to Chad and say that stuff.

I dislike T.O., but I am fully aware he would hand me my ass if I ever had to fight him.

Maybe I can hire OT to pop that punk in his bitch ass mouth. :lol::lol:

EMB6903
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM

ocho would probably clown on you then buy you a drink.

Quit hating on one of the better off the field guys this league has.

Poet
08-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Ocho Cinco wont reach the HOF, not because of his "off the field antics" but because he simply isnt good enough.

Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, and Greg Jennings..

I dont have much of an argument for Percy Harvin but I would even take him over Ocho Cinco.

Those guys are all better than him right now EMB.

In his prime, Larry Fitzgerlad, Andre Johnson and Randy Moss are the only ones better than him.

None of those other guys are going to give you 1,300 yards and 7+ TD's with 90+ catches year in and year our like he did.

He's definitely not a first ballot guy, and he does have to do some work to get there, but it's very attainable for him.

:salute:

BroncoWave
08-24-2010, 10:48 PM

Are all of those guys better than him now? Maybe. But come back to me when any of them (other than Moss) have reached his career numbers.

BroncoWave
08-24-2010, 10:53 PM
ocho would probabvly clown on you then buy you a drink.

Quit hating on one of the better off the field guys this league has.

He clearly doesn't know anything about Ocho as a person to be spouting that junk.

He's never once been arrested or suspended for an NFL game IIRC.

Also, he does more for his fans than any player I have ever heard of. He has bought up tickets to bengals games that didn't sell out and given them away to fans, taken hundreds of fans to movies or out to eat at a time, and picked out fans of OTHER TEAMS on Twitter and taken them out to a mall to buy them christmas presents for their families. These are all true stories.

Say what you want about his on the field antics but off the field he is one of the classiest players there is.

Poet
08-24-2010, 10:55 PM
He clearly doesn't know anything about Ocho as a person to be spouting that junk.

He's never once been arrested or suspended for an NFL game IIRC.

Also, he does more for his fans than any player I have ever heard of. He has bought up tickets to bengals games that didn't sell out and given them away to fans, taken hundreds of fans to movies or out to eat at a time, and picked out fans of OTHER TEAMS on Twitter and taken them out to a mall to buy them christmas presents for their families. These are all true stories.

Say what you want about his on the field antics but off the field he is one of the classiest players there is.

No, he has a big personality and celebrates, so he has to be an awful human being and a cancer to the game of football.

Plus his career is going to be over soon; if OT ever gets his hand on Ochocinco he will deliver an ass beating so fierce that recovery won't be feasible. :lol::lol::lol:

EMB6903
08-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Are all of those guys better than him now? Maybe. But come back to me when any of them (other than Moss) have reached his career numbers.

Just my opinion but Im pretty confident Fitzerald, Marshall, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson surpass Ochocinco's career numbers when its all said and done...

and with Steve Smith.... theres no way anybody could really argue that Ocho Cinco was actually a better football player then this guy right?

Poet
08-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Just my opinion but Im pretty confident Fitzerald, Marshall, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson surpass Ochocinco's career numbers when its all said and done...

and with Steve Smith.... theres no way anybody could really argue that Ocho Cinco was actually a better football player then this guy right?

Steve Smith could never stay healthy and his career numbers fluctuate a lot.

Brandon Marshall is going to have learn to get a better YPC and yard totalage before he can be mentioned with Ochocinco - 100+ catches and not even 1200 yards is more baffling than impressive.

Fitzgerald is going to have a better career. Calvin Johnson should have a better career, but I'll believe in Detroit's ability to not ruin great players when I see it.

EMB6903
08-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Has Ocho Cinco ever surpassed 100+ receptions?

Also only 1 year where he had double digit TD's?

OchoCinco was great for a couple years... Never was he elite though

Never was he in the same class as Moss or Owens in their prime.

EMB6903
08-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Its going to be very hard for a WR like Chad OchoCinco to make it into the HOF.

Would you take him over Isaac Bruce? Tim Brown? Rod Smith? Jimmy Smith?

I dont think he was better then any of these players in their prime.

Poet
08-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Its going to be very hard for a WR like Chad OchoCinco to make it into the HOF.

Would you take him over Isaac Bruce? Tim Brown? Rod Smith? Jimmy Smith?

I dont think he was better then any of these players in their prime.

http://www.nfl.com/players/timbrown/profile?id=BRO736644

Tim Brown hit 1,400 yards once in his long career. I believe Ocho has hit that 3 times. Brown is the better TD scorer, which counts for a lot.

Isaac Bruce http://www.nfl.com/players/isaacbruce/profile?id=BRU085284

Again Ocho has the consistency factor, but Bruce was just a monster at times. Bruce>ocho.

As far as Rod Smith goes, if he's a HOFer than Ocho certainly is. http://www.nfl.com/players/rodsmith/profile?id=SMI664448 Ocho is only 6 TDs back, and is going to end up with more yards, catches, etc etc etc.

And I hate to beat a dead horse, but Ocho was at the disadvantage of playing in the superior conference in a division with Baltimore and Pittsburgh. If you put him in the NFC, in any NFC division sans maybe the NFCE his numbers would be even more ridiculous.

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadochocinco/profile?id=JOH104425

Sorry, got lazy and added his link.

Poet
08-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Has Ocho Cinco ever surpassed 100+ receptions?

Also only 1 year where he had double digit TD's?

OchoCinco was great for a couple years... Never was he elite though

Never was he in the same class as Moss or Owens in their prime.

No he hasn't hit the 100 receptions mark. And he was never a great TD catcher, but he was elite in catches (he basically puts up 90 a year), is a great yardage compiler and was known as the second best route runner in football (Marvin Harrison).

I don't understand how you can look at his stats and tell me how was only great for a couple of years. Plenty of those guys had a lot of 'meh' years when you look back at their careers.

And what he has over Moss and T.O. is that while they were better than him, he never imploded a locker room. Don't forget that Moss basically quit on his way out of Minnesota and never tried hard in Oakland. T.O.'s past speaks for itself.

EMB6903
08-25-2010, 12:46 AM
You still have players like Cris Carter and Andre Reed who arent even in the hall... It doesnt help that hes also playing in an era with Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Marvin Harrison (who are locks to get in at some point)

TXBRONC
08-25-2010, 10:23 AM
No he hasn't hit the 100 receptions mark. And he was never a great TD catcher, but he was elite in catches (he basically puts up 90 a year), is a great yardage compiler and was known as the second best route runner in football (Marvin Harrison).

I don't understand how you can look at his stats and tell me how was only great for a couple of years. Plenty of those guys had a lot of 'meh' years when you look back at their careers.

And what he has over Moss and T.O. is that while they were better than him, he never imploded a locker room. Don't forget that Moss basically quit on his way out of Minnesota and never tried hard in Oakland. T.O.'s past speaks for itself.

Chad's numbers are comparable to Michael Irvin's. He surpassed 100 catches once, surpassed 1400 twice and double digit touchdowns once. If Chad never has 100 catch season so what. That wont keep him out of Canton.

Poet
08-25-2010, 11:10 AM
You still have players like Cris Carter and Andre Reed who arent even in the hall... It doesnt help that hes also playing in an era with Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Marvin Harrison (who are locks to get in at some point)

Cris Carter is going to get in. The sportswriters are making him 'pay' for him being an abrasive jerk.

Reed isn't in and I don't know why. Normally when a player who looks to be an obvious inclusion is excluded from the Hall of Fame it's because he wasn't well liked or was a jerk. As far as I know, Reed doesn't fit either that criteria.

What will help Chad out a lot is that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens are pretty much hated by everyone. Moss is hated to a lesser degree, but whenever he acts up in New England you can see the firing squad get ready.

And Terrell Owens may never get into the HoF. His numbers say that he's five WR of all-time. The responses he gets from non-TO fans or fans of the team that he plays for (FML) pretty much show you how people feel about him.

Marvin Harrison will probably get in on his first try.

So out of the three WR's who are head and shoulders above Ocho, one has a strong chance of never getting in, one will get in but it will take some time, and one will probably be a first ballot guy.

So if Chad projects out to where BTB thinks he will (highly likely), he has a good shot.

Rex
08-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Cris Carter is going to get in. The sportswriters are making him 'pay' for him being an abrasive jerk.

Reed isn't in and I don't know why. Normally when a player who looks to be an obvious inclusion is excluded from the Hall of Fame it's because he wasn't well liked or was a jerk. As far as I know, Reed doesn't fit either that criteria.

What will help Chad out a lot is that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens are pretty much hated by everyone. Moss is hated to a lesser degree, but whenever he acts up in New England you can see the firing squad get ready.

And Terrell Owens may never get into the HoF. His numbers say that he's five WR of all-time. The responses he gets from non-TO fans or fans of the team that he plays for (FML) pretty much show you how people feel about him.

Marvin Harrison will probably get in on his first try.

So out of the three WR's who are head and shoulders above Ocho, one has a strong chance of never getting in, one will get in but it will take some time, and one will probably be a first ballot guy.

So if Chad projects out to where BTB thinks he will (highly likely), he has a good shot.

hey fat boi

Poet
08-25-2010, 11:12 AM
hey fat boi

Hold me.

Rex
08-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Hold me.

No. You are much too large.

Poet
08-25-2010, 11:16 AM
No. You are much too large.

Then use my stomach as a pillow and rest your head.

MNPatsFan
08-28-2010, 01:22 PM
To say he's not a great WR is just ignorance. Is he at his peak anymore? Probably not, but at the end of the day, he will have better stats than several WRs who are in the hall of fame.BTB, just make sure you are comparing him to receivers from the same era and not previous eras where the rules didn't favor the offensive skill players so much so that there was a much greater emphasis and reliance on running the ball.;)

Ravage!!!
08-28-2010, 02:25 PM

He's no HoFer dude.. but I like him a lot. He only has a single season with 10 TDs. Wasn't that your knock on Marshall. Also, trying to say Marshall isn't good after the catch just tells me you haven't watched him play much. He's awsome after the catch. Thats where he excells, and any defense that plays against him will tell you the same.

Ocho has always been good, and had a 2 year span where he was elite. But I just wouln't place him in the HoF caliber. I love his sense of humor though.

Poet
08-28-2010, 03:36 PM
He's no HoFer dude.. but I like him a lot. He only has a single season with 10 TDs. Wasn't that your knock on Marshall. Also, trying to say Marshall isn't good after the catch just tells me you haven't watched him play much. He's awsome after the catch. Thats where he excells, and any defense that plays against him will tell you the same.

Ocho has always been good, and had a 2 year span where he was elite. But I just wouln't place him in the HoF caliber. I love his sense of humor though.

I had a lot of knocks on Marshall, like having a crappy YPC, a lack of impressive yards, a high amount of drops and all the other crap we've talked about.

I never said Marshall wasn't good after the catch. I said he sucks at getting yards overall, and he kinda does.

Ocho has been great. 6 Pro Bowls matches T.O. and he has 3 all-pros to his credit. He's lead his CONFERENCE in receiving yards four years in a row, that's never been done before, so that kind of blows the 'only been elite for two years' argument out of the water. When he retires he's going to be in the top ten for a lot of stats, and that's all-time.

That induction speech is going to be great.

Overtime
08-28-2010, 05:43 PM
As far as Rod Smith goes, if he's a HOFer than Ocho certainly is. http://www.nfl.com/players/rodsmith/profile?id=SMI664448 Ocho is only 6 TDs back, and is going to end up with more yards, catches, etc etc etc.

oh please. :rolleyes:

Rod Smith also has 2 Super Bowl rings to add to his resume. Bitcho wins a Super Bowl, i'll get off his back and digress. until then, he's not greatness. Greatness doesn't act like he does. Greatness doesn't change their legal name to something stupid like "Ocho Cinco", i mean how ******* retarded can the idiot be? that's not greatness, I call it IGNORANCE.

Bosco
08-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Once you get past the freak show, Chad seems to be a decent guy, and I can respect that. That said, I really despise the freak show, so when someone lights his ass up, I can't help but chuckle.

Poet
08-28-2010, 11:14 PM
oh please. :rolleyes:

Rod Smith also has 2 Super Bowl rings to add to his resume. Bitcho wins a Super Bowl, i'll get off his back and digress. until then, he's not greatness. Greatness doesn't act like he does. Greatness doesn't change their legal name to something stupid like "Ocho Cinco", i mean how ******* retarded can the idiot be? that's not greatness, I call it IGNORANCE.

Rod Smith was lucky enough to be on that team. T.O. doesn't have a ring, but you can't honestly think that Rod Smith is better than T.O. Moss doesn't have a ring, but you can't think Smith is better than him. Steve Largent doesn't have a ring, but Smith isn't better than him.

You're saying that he's a fool for changing his name. That's fine, but that doesn't impact your worth as a football player.

EMB6903
08-29-2010, 09:01 PM
IMO there is absolutely no way OchoCinco gets into the HOF.

Tory Holt in his prime was a better player.

What playoff success does Chad have?

That definately counts in a voters perspective.

Poet
08-29-2010, 09:30 PM
IMO there is absolutely no way OchoCinco gets into the HOF.

Tory Holt in his prime was a better player.

What playoff success does Chad have?

That definately counts in a voters perspective.

Torry Holt in his prime played against soft defenses on the greatest show on turf. Do you mean to tell me that the Rams would have lost anything by replacing those two?

Ocho has no playoff success. Sorry that an elite WR played on a team with defenses that made Slowik's look like the Steel Curtain.

But I'm with you, it's Ocho's fault for being a crappy LB, safety and corner. God I watched him suck at the point of attack as a DT and DE for years.;)

Ravage!!!
08-29-2010, 09:42 PM
They didn't play against soft defenses all season, and certainly didn't play against soft defenses in the playoffs and Super Bowl. I never understood the need to try and trash the opposing talent of players that have proved to be VERY good in the NFL.

Tory didn't play against soft defenses any more than Ocho. I just do not see a HoF player in chad. He's been a much bigger publicist than his play.

Rod did more than just get "lucky to be on the team" as wll... that right there shows a very very lack of knowledge on just how valuable and good Rod Smith was.

EMB6903
08-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Great entertainer and solid football player...

HOF? no way

Poet
08-29-2010, 11:04 PM
They didn't play against soft defenses all season, and certainly didn't play against soft defenses in the playoffs and Super Bowl. I never understood the need to try and trash the opposing talent of players that have proved to be VERY good in the NFL.

Tory didn't play against soft defenses any more than Ocho. I just do not see a HoF player in chad. He's been a much bigger publicist than his play.

Rod did more than just get "lucky to be on the team" as wll... that right there shows a very very lack of knowledge on just how valuable and good Rod Smith was.

Your right, in those days the SF, Seattle and Arizona defenses were just killers.

Look at the division Ocho plays in. Then rethink that satement.

And I watched Rod Smith play and I know what his numbers are.
So to speak, if Rod Smith is a HoFer then Ochocinco is a HoF WR with ease.

Ravage!!!
08-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Your right, in those days the SF, Seattle and Arizona defenses were just killers.

Look at the division Ocho plays in. Then rethink that satement.

And I watched Rod Smith play and I know what his numbers are.
So to speak, if Rod Smith is a HoFer then Ochocinco is a HoF WR with ease.

1.. quit pretending those were the only teams they played. I don't have to rethink the statement at all. The Rams don't play any 'softer' defenses than the Bengals do. Especially since they were actually going ot the playoffs and Super Bowls.

Also note.. I didn't say Rod Smith was a HoF'er. I said that he did more than simply "get lucky enough" to be on Super Bowl winning teams. In the Super Winning years, he was considered to be one of the top WRs in the NFL.. thats not exaggeration.

Chad is fun.. and good at self promotion.... but he's no HoF'er

Poet
08-30-2010, 12:03 AM
1.. quit pretending those were the only teams they played. I don't have to rethink the statement at all. The Rams don't play any 'softer' defenses than the Bengals do. Especially since they were actually going ot the playoffs and Super Bowls.

Also note.. I didn't say Rod Smith was a HoF'er. I said that he did more than simply "get lucky enough" to be on Super Bowl winning teams. In the Super Winning years, he was considered to be one of the top WRs in the NFL.. thats not exaggeration.

Chad is fun.. and good at self promotion.... but he's no HoF'er

1. I'm not pretending anything.

I'm not saying Rod Smith was a bad player by any stretch, but my point is that you were knocking a player for playing on bad teams. Being on a good team is a crapshoot. How much control did Chad have on where he went? Do you think that he chose to be a Bengal over being on a power house team?

Do you think Rod Smith chose to be a Bronco? Not really no. Rod Smith went where he was given an opportunity to tryout and made the team.

Ocho went where he was drafted.

There's a decent amount of guys who are in the hall now that he's better than. Swann only got into the HoF because he was on a team that won four rings.

Irvin's numbers are goign to be way worse than Ocho's, but he was lucky enough to end up on the Cowboys dynasty.

All an individual can do for a team is produce for them to the best of their ability.

In 2005 the Bengals were unfortunate enough to have their starting QB go out on the second play of the game in the playoffs. They then proceeded to lose to the eventual world champions. You tell me how that's his fault?

Ironically, that year the best player on the Bengals sans Palmer was Ocho. He was leading his conference in yards, something he did four times in a row. Something that no other wideout has ever done before. But you keep ignoring that because it's pretty ******* inconvenient to the whole "only elite for a few years/only had a decent run as a player," argument.

This last year Ocho got killed by Revis, like every other wideout in football. Ironically in the playoffs he beat Revis and Revis was called for a fifty some odd PI call that stopped an easy touchdown. Is that a good game? No, but it's better than anyone elses attempt on Revis.

In his career Ocho made a lot of players on his team look good, and a lot of elite corners look really bad. And when his career is done his overall numbers are going to warrant a HoF spot. BTB already broke that down for you, and if you don't think Ocho can put up 60 catches and what was it, 800 yards a year for a few more years you're high.

And yes Ravage, every year Ocho is at a disadvantage compared to almost every other WR. A quarter of his games ever year are against two top five defenses year in and year out. And another feather in his hat is that he fares decently against Pittsburgh and has been raping and pillaging the Baltimore secondary for pretty much the entirety of his career.

He's not a first ballot HoFer. He's not an auto include either.

But let's look over his stats one more time.

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadochocinco/profile?id=JOH104425

His first year he did shit.

His second year he put up 1,100 yards 69 catches and 16.9 YPC with 5 TD's.

You break it down from there. Then go look at a lot of the wideouts today that people are raving over and compare numbers. The only other wideouts in his era that were consistently beating him out were T.O., Moss and Harrison.

Moss and TO are two and three in all time receiving TD's. Harrison is probably the best out of all of them ALL things considered.

SO then you have to put forth a convincing argument that being in the same era as three wideouts who are top ten of ALL time means you're not a HoFer.

And that's simply ludicrous.

He plays four more years after this one. I'm betting he averages 70 catches, 6 TD's, and 800 yards a year.

964 catches, 84 TD's and 12,200 yards.

That's a hall of fame resume.

And thats only IF he plays 14 years total.

But hey, at least you're not going to punch him in his punk ass mouth. :salute::salute:

Ravage!!!
08-30-2010, 12:13 AM
A long post when I never put him down for playing on a bad team. I just don't think he's a HoFer.

This isn't the MLB. In Baseball, numbers are the end-all of the discussion. In baseball, its all about the stat sheet. Football isn't baseball, thus, Numbers aren't everything.

That being said.... he has to have something more than a funny sense of humor to make the HoF. Generally, you have to win something. Either that, or, you have to be one of the absolute best in the NFL. Chad isn't mentioned in that discussion. Its guys like Fitz, Andre Johnson, Moss, Wayne... and now you have Jennings, Marshall and Calvin Johnson that are taking more of those discussions.

As of right now.... I don't think that Ocho is a HoF WR, and I don't really think that I'm in the minority on that thought process...... unless you are a Bengals fan.