PDA

View Full Version : Goal-line collision did not fracture Tim Tebow's ribs

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tebow-injury-txt,0,1425721.story

DENVER - As of right now Tim Tebow's preseason debut at Invesco against the Detroit Lions seems to be in question, but certain aspects of the rookie quarterback's apparent injury are no longer in question.

Tebow took several hits during Sunday's exhibition at the Cincinnati Bengals. However, the worst impact occurred in the game's final play goal-line collision to Tebow's left side at the end of his determined seven yard touchdown run.

Multiple sources tell FOX31's Josina Anderson that Tebow's ribs were not fractured as a result of that specific hit, but Tebow did incur internal bruising in the surrounding area which he iced after the game.

Anderson has learned that the left side of Tebow's abdomen is very sensitive in the area below the ribs and above the pelvis, however, this initial soreness and bruising was not as a result of his rib cage bones being broken at the conclusion of the Bengals game.

Since then, the heralded quarterback out of the University of Florida displayed his usual toughness by at least participating Tuesday when the team resumed its practice schedule.

However, signals of a lingering issue became apparent when Tebow was unable to partake in the post-practice sprints that he usually dominates at the end of the afternoon session.

By participating in Tuesday's practice, it is unclear how much the team's third string quarterback may have possibly worsened or aggravated his condition since Cincinnati--especially as you observe what was evident the next day.

On Wednesday Tebow started to participate in the warm-up portion of practice, but FOX31's cameras caught him clutching his left side when attempting the team kick back drills. Thereafter, as his teammates did a fairly easy karaoke drill, it was obvious the necessary twisting to do so was too much to take.

Portions of the "Lat" muscles, the broadest muscles in the back, which attach to the lower ribs contract during twisting actions. This helps to explain Tebow's added discomfort in that plane of motion when he was unable to do so.

Obviously Tebow was glad to know his ribs were not broken as a result of any hits taken in the Cincinnati game, but the degree of his post-collision aggravation, of possible digression in his status--especially after practicing Tuesday, or any other collateral issues--is unknown at this time.

Tebow has not yet spoken publicly to reporters about his injury condition.

broncobryce
08-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Umm.......what?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Umm.......what?

I know - I guess what they are trying to say is that Tebow's ribs are not fractured, he suffered bruising in the area, and then when he practiced, it made it worse??????

dogfish
08-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Goal-line collision did not fracture Tim Tebow's ribs

OR break his spirit, although a few people around here seem to think it should have. . .

:rolleyes:

honz
08-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Tim Tebow is soft and injury prone.

dogfish
08-21-2010, 05:57 PM
god sees you, honz!

rcsodak
08-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Umm.......what?

That article reminded me of something a 15yr old would type out, trying to sound like they knew what they were talking about.

shank
08-21-2010, 06:14 PM
what would i do without josina?

drink less.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-21-2010, 11:57 PM
OR break his spirit, although a few people around here seem to think it should have. . .

:rolleyes:

Well his spirit is not broken however, we lost the game tonight and I think that will bother him the most. Tim will get out there and I know eventually under his command, this team will be great.

Ps. Has anyone ever just totally lost it because of the announcers? I could not watch the Denver game, had to watch the Jaguar and Miami game, Lord have mercy I wanted to jump through the TV to get at the stupid announcers. :shocked:

JaxBroncoGirl
08-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Tim Tebow is soft and injury prone.

Really? Are you hitting the juice tonight?