PDA

View Full Version : Lions Preseason game: Before entering thread, what is the most imprortant thing you are looking to see tonight?

Jagsbch
08-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Perrish Cox got burned bad last week a few times and failed miserably to live up to the hype and expectations. How well does he rebound this week?

My question last week was whether if Richard Quinn would develop into a receiving TE this season, given his exceptional performnace in camp. Well he did not get one reception the entire game, as a matter of fact I can't recall the receiver even being thrown too. Wonder if he has a reception tonight.

Marquez Branson however was 4/25 yards.

Branson would have had a TD had he cught the ball with his hands rather than try to cradle it during the second to last play of the game last week. If he had caught it Tebows ribs... This is why execution is so vital at this level, the lack thereof's ripple effect can create a atrocious domino effect...

Italianmobstr7
08-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Im looking to see how many threads you post about Tebow tonight.

Northman
08-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Want to see more accuracy and better decision making by Orton on the longer routes. Want to continue to see creativity with the play calling and definitely want to see an improvement in the running scheme and runners. Defensively, we need to see improvement in the pass rush.

Davii
08-21-2010, 02:17 PM
O line improvement. The rookies along the O line are going to be tested tonight, Detroit does have a very talented D line. If they can give Orton enough time, and maybe open a lane for a runner every now and then it will be a win for them and a large sign of progress.

Second - Special teams, they were abysmal last week. Punt and kickoff returns were allowed to go for too many yards every time. Players were over pursuing, and in a few cases were flat out of position, and tackling was atrocious. I want to see some serious improvement here.

Third - I'd like to see some pressure from our D line, hopefully see if Moss can be effective.

jhildebrand
08-21-2010, 02:52 PM
I want to see the first team make an attempt to run the ball. I want to see how Beadles and Walton do on running plays.

broncophan
08-21-2010, 03:01 PM
I hate these threads where you are supposed to "think" and have an answer ready BEFORE you enter the thread.......I just don't think I am capable......so I will not comment.

Nomad
08-21-2010, 03:06 PM
O line improvement. The rookies along the O line are going to be tested tonight, Detroit does have a very talented D line. If they can give Orton enough time, and maybe open a lane for a runner every now and then it will be a win for them and a large sign of progress.

Second - Special teams, they were abysmal last week. Punt and kickoff returns were allowed to go for too many yards every time. Players were over pursuing, and in a few cases were flat out of position, and tackling was atrocious. I want to see some serious improvement here.

Third - I'd like to see some pressure from our D line, hopefully see if Moss can be effective.

Good assessment! I hope ST and the defense can tackle this game!!

Jagsbch
08-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have got to set yourself on fire to obtain it.http://twitter.com/KinderEric

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Perrish Cox got burned bad last week a few times and failed miserably to live up to the hype and expectations. How well does he rebound this week?

What hype and expectations? The dude was a 5th round pick. I'm more concerned about Alphonso Smith at this point.

Would like to see the first string offense continue to move the ball well through the air. The running game is patchwork right now with no needed attempt to emphasize it.

Would love to see no injuries.

Davii
08-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I hate these threads where you are supposed to "think" and have an answer ready BEFORE you enter the thread.......I just don't think I am capable......so I will not comment.

Ummmm..... To late?

Would love to see no injuries.

+1 or +1,000 you pick it.

Davii
08-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have got to set yourself on fire to obtain it.http://twitter.com/KinderEric

What in the hell does this have to do with anything?

I mean, ok, great quote.... If it's directed at the team, i'm quite certain they're working towards success...

I don't get it Jags.

honz
08-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm looking to see how much more annoying the OP could possibly be. I appreciate his passion, but sometimes I simply can't take it.

Dirk
08-21-2010, 03:20 PM
What I want to see is better tackling. I couldn't believe all the miss-tackles last week. It was embarrassing.

T.K.O.
08-21-2010, 03:22 PM
i want to see if tebow has the stones to get out there and play !:shocked:
j/k

Davii
08-21-2010, 03:26 PM
i want to see if tebow has the stones to get out there and play !:shocked:
j/k

I think he's definitely got the stones. The kid played on a broken leg in high school!

Thankfully though, the med staff and McD have the common sense not to let him do such things as a pro.

Ravage!!!
08-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Quinn is not a receiving TE. Never was, and never will be. Not to mention.. this system doesn't even use receiving TEs much.

Personally... I don't take much out of pre-season games as to see how the team is playing. I've seen so many times where one team will play great and go un-defeated in pre-season and look horrible in regular season (Raiders).. and teams that don't win a game in pre-season and look great in regular season (Indy).

Until the third pre-season where the 1st unit plays a bit more, I just look forward to no injuries. I don't think anyone can tell really what the team is during pre-season anyway.

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Quinn is not a receiving TE. Never was, and never will be. Not to mention.. this system doesn't even use receiving TEs much.

agreed. It's a system that utilizes blocking TE's who can catch some passes. I would like to see if Quinn can be any way effective as a reciever for Denver though as an outlet who might need to catch a pass or too.

Jagsbch
08-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Thing is there was a lot of hype regarding how exception he has been in the passing game during the summer, I just want to see it.

T.K.O.
08-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Thing is there was a lot of hype regarding how exception he has been in the passing game during the summer, I just want to see it.

he was taking on tebow at qb during the summer...now he has to face REAL qb's:laugh:
no really i was j/k

GGMoogly
08-21-2010, 06:01 PM
he was taking on tebow at qb during the summer...now he has to face REAL qb's:laugh:
no really i was j/k

:couch:

JaxBroncoGirl
08-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Want to see more accuracy and better decision making by Orton on the longer routes. Want to continue to see creativity with the play calling and definitely want to see an improvement in the running scheme and runners. Defensively, we need to see improvement in the pass rush.

If that is what you really want, then Orton is not the guy. I am very sorry that he is not. Orton cannot throw deep, he may not be a leader the team can lean on. If we had leadership at the QB then I think the entire team will come around, not just the offense but the defense as well. I have seen it too many times, we need leadership at the QB. Someone willing to show the team that it takes a team effort to win. It is that simple, I do not see a fluid team. Does that make sense? We are kinda scattered, maybe it is the system and the new players are not jelling right now. I cannot put my finger on it. We seem to be playing "out of sync", it could be the coaches new system. Could be just preseason. Whatever it is, we need to address now.

jhildebrand
08-22-2010, 01:50 AM
If that is what you really want, then Orton is not the guy. I am very sorry that he is not. Orton cannot throw deep, he may not be a leader the team can lean on. If we had leadership at the QB then I think the entire team will come around, not just the offense but the defense as well. I have seen it too many times, we need leadership at the QB. Someone willing to show the team that it takes a team effort to win. It is that simple, I do not see a fluid team. Does that make sense? We are kinda scattered, maybe it is the system and the new players are not jelling right now. I cannot put my finger on it. We seem to be playing "out of sync", it could be the coaches new system. Could be just preseason. Whatever it is, we need to address now.

Orton isn't a leader? :confused: I haven't heard anything along those lines from his teammates. Seems to me they love the guy. Furthermore, he didn't cry when they got Quinn. He didn't cry on draft day. In fact, all the guy has done is improve. Now I am not saying he has improved to the point that we can expect a deep playoff run but he is our best QB RIGHT NOW!!

Just come out and say you want Tebow. It would be easier.

By the way, Orton threw a few deep balls tonight. I also saw a couple with some zip.

GGMoogly
08-22-2010, 02:10 AM
I want Tebow :werd:

broncofaninfla
08-22-2010, 09:37 AM
I was hoping to see some sort of optimism in the running game. Can't say I did. I liked Hall but I'm pretty concerned with what I see with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd string OL. Not much push, Hoch still goes backwards and the play calling/scheme sucks. I know Mcd isn't going to show his cards in preseason but the OL and RB's scare the hell out of me. Also not impressed with out ILB's at all. Jamal Williams won't be any benifit to Denver is the guys behind can't make plays.....

topscribe
08-22-2010, 09:44 AM

Do you have a date set for when you are going to begin watching some games?

------

JaxBroncoGirl
08-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Do you have a date set for when you are going to begin watching some games?

------

Without getting into a "p" match with you, I have only missed one game. Oh, I get to see it today.

topscribe
08-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Without getting into a "p" match with you, I have only missed one game. Oh, I get to see it today.

Sorry. I should not have said it in that way. It's just that you doubted Orton's
ability to throw deep, and you questioned his leadership. I was just wondering if
you were talking about the same Orton of which I'm aware. I certainly hope not
because not only I, but the FO, coaching staff, and the entire locker room see a
different Orton from the one you describe . . .

-----