PDA

View Full Version : Last movie you saw - and rate it

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Skywalker
08-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Well the last movie I watched was Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

9.5/10

Cleveland Rocks
08-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Last movie I saw (posted already on other board):

Pan's Labyrinth

10/10

Absolutely outstanding movie. It immediately show up on my favorites list. Definately one of the best foreign films I have ever seen.

*Atwater*
08-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Halloween 9/10 My favorite horror clasic.

broncosfanscott
08-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Rush Hour 3 (10/10)- That movie was absolutly hilarious. Chris Tucker just cracks me up. He is in the opening scene which is perfect for him. :D

Skinny
08-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Rush Hour 3 (10/10)- That movie was absolutly hilarious. Chris Tucker just cracks me up. He is in the opening scene which is perfect for him. :D

Pan's Labyrinth

10/10

Absolutely outstanding movie. It immediately show up on my favorites list. Definately one of the best foreign films I have ever seen.

I want to see both those movies.

"The Hills Have Eyes 2"

5/10

I'm only giving it a 5 because of the gore. Other than that, i hope the trash man likes it cause that's where it's at.

keithbishop
09-01-2007, 01:09 AM
"The Hills Have Eyes 2"

5/10

I'm only giving it a 5 because of the gore. Other than that, i hope the trash man likes it cause that's where it's at.

I can't believe I watched the whole thing. Perhaps I was stunned at how poorly a movie could be made.

We should get some credit for toughing it out, skinny.

omac
09-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Bourne Ultimatum - 7/10 - all action, not much story, just like the previous one.

OSS 117 - 9/10 - Hillarious James Bond spoof; it was made/filmed like a 60's movie ... when you walk in the theater, you think you're watching an old film. The lead actor looked and acted like Connery-James Bond. Only problem was it was in french, so you have to read the subtitles. Also, it's only funny on the first viewing when you don't know what's coming.

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I saw Superbad again a couple of days ago. Still funny as hell. 10/10

Has anyone watched Balls of Fury and Halloween yet because I'm going to watch both with my friends today.

Skinny
09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Super Bowl XXXII

10/10

Greatest movie i've ever seen! :beer:

Skinny
09-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I can't believe I watched the whole thing. Perhaps I was stunned at how poorly a movie could be made.

We should get some credit for toughing it out, skinny.lol, no kidding!

Wonder if i should watch the 1st one.....:confused:

silver_black
09-02-2007, 01:31 PM
just watched 300 again 9/10

spartans ----> :smack: <-----persians

SR
09-02-2007, 11:10 PM

Pan's Labyrinth

10/10

I'm with you there CB (I'm not going to quit calling you that). It was an amazing movie. At first I thought the sub-titles were going to distract me, but they didn't.

Aside from A Clockwork Orange, it's probably up there as one of my favorite foreign films.

SR
09-02-2007, 11:15 PM
I watch a ton of movies, so I'll be posting in here often. Netflix FTW.

My latest viewing....Deja Vu with Denzel Washington.

It was kind of far fetched and hard to follow at times, but in the end it was a pretty good movie. It kind of had a Terantino (sp?) twist to it where they were giving away details at the beginning that had more to do with the end of the movie than the particlular place the movie was at.

Overall, I give it an 8/10. It keeps your attention and keeps you wondering whats going to happen.

The woman in the movie, Paula Patton, is beautiful (when she's alive in the movie)...she is also in Hitch for a brief moment.

Devilspawn
09-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Snakes On A Plane:

Movie: 2-10
Samuel Jackson Factor: 10-10

Watchthemiddle
09-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Wild Hogs.

You want to laugh out loud, then go rent this movie. :laugh:

10/10.

Cleveland Rocks
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM

It was kind of far fetched and hard to follow at times, but in the end it was a pretty good movie. It kind of had a Terantino (sp?) twist to it where they were giving away details at the beginning that had more to do with the end of the movie than the particlular place the movie was at.

Overall, I give it an 8/10. It keeps your attention and keeps you wondering whats going to happen.

The woman in the movie, Paula Patton, is beautiful (when she's alive in the movie)...she is also in Hitch for a brief moment.

Aye that movie wasn't half bad. I've always liked Val Kilmer. I watched that since he was in it and thought it was pretty good. Not great, but well worth seeing again.

I saw Snakes on a Plane the other day and I have to agree with DevilSpawn. 2/10

But Samuel L. Jackson was hilarious in it. I just couldn't stop laughing at his lines.

Alright, that's it! I have had it with these m#^#&*@ snakes on this m#^#&*@ plane!!!

keithbishop
09-03-2007, 03:11 AM
lol, no kidding!

Wonder if i should watch the 1st one.....:confused:

Tempting, isn't it? :rolleyes: LOL.

The original Hills Have Eyes 2was awful. Not sure which is worse, the original or the remake.

I liked both the original and the remake of The Hills Have Eyes, but I'm sure most people hate both versions.

keithbishop
09-03-2007, 03:13 AM

I really enjoyed it, too. I'm not a big fan of most recently made movies, but 8/10 is fair.

BroncoBJ
09-03-2007, 03:17 AM
I've been watching a lot of movies lately. I love to watch movies but lately I've been watching a lot. I just saw Shooter. Pretty good movie. I might watch: Dead Silence, Snakes on a Plane, or The Hills have Eyes pretty soon.

I've never seen them.

I dont know if I will like any of them.

I heard that Snakes on a plane is more funny then scary.
And I also heard that The Hills have eyes is okay.

and Anyone seen Dead Silence?? KB Probably has since he was talking about Ventriloquist(sp) the other day. :laugh:

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Balls of Fury.... DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean there's random funny stuff like Hot Rod but this is just plain stupid random crap. I swear I wanted my money back after I saw that. I strongly suggest that if you see Halloween sold out, do not watch Balls of Fury.

Halloween I really really really liked since it to me wasn't like Halloween H20 and stuff where it was just killing people but it also showed the story behind why Michael Myers turns out to be such a psychopath and some parts made me jump out of my seat. I'd give this a 8/10.

Skinny
09-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I liked both the original and the remake of The Hills Have Eyes, but I'm sure most people hate both versions.Thanks, i'll keep that in mind.

Seen "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" Friday night. Not bad, because i like the Wilson brothers. They have a dopey humor to them that just makes me laugh. Uma is a pretty good actress IMO.

7.5/10

It had it's dry spots

keithbishop
09-05-2007, 06:00 PM
I've been watching a lot of movies lately. I love to watch movies but lately I've been watching a lot. I just saw Shooter. Pretty good movie. I might watch: Dead Silence, Snakes on a Plane, or The Hills have Eyes pretty soon.

I've never seen them.

I dont know if I will like any of them.

I heard that Snakes on a plane is more funny then scary.
And I also heard that The Hills have eyes is okay.

and Anyone seen Dead Silence?? KB Probably has since he was talking about Ventriloquist(sp) the other day. :laugh:

I like Dead Silence. It's far from perfect, but reminds me of a 1980's horror movie. The dummy from the cover is creepy as hell. I've read some bad reviews of it , including phrases like "predictable" (DUH!!!! Horror movie.... pretty good odds of that) and, my favorite "wooden acting", which could either refer to the actors or the dummies, I suppose. :laugh:
Put it this way, I ended up buying it after I rented it (it was pretty cheap, though, FWIW. LOL). I say it's cool and, again, the dummy from the cover is SCARY. Unlike most recent horror movies, I didn't either stop it halfway through or get pissed off about wasting 90 minutes of my life.

We need more ventriloquist horror movies and more zombie movies. Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and have some zombie dummies?? :first:

I can't bring myself to watch Snakes on a Plane, though I may be talked into it eventually. Funny enough to watch all the way through?

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 06:02 PM
8 Below!!

*tear*

Recorded it. Its been out for a while, but I just got around to watching it. DOg lovers, get your tissue. It will make you laugh, smile, and cry.

:cool: <---- hiding the tears!!

keithbishop
09-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks, i'll keep that in mind.

Seen "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" Friday night. Not bad, because i like the Wilson brothers. They have a dopey humor to them that just makes me laugh. Uma is a pretty good actress IMO.

7.5/10

It had it's dry spots

I think you're cool enough to enjoy the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. Can't say there's anything in the original that isn't covered in the remake, so go with the remake. It's 1,000,000,000 times better than The Hills Have Eyes 2.... OK, maybe 1,000,000,000,000 times better. ;)

Calibroncogrl47
09-05-2007, 10:57 PM
I want to see both those movies.

"The Hills Have Eyes 2"

5/10

Both Hills have eyes were more disturbing and gross than scary I thought.. Like the rape scene in #2 and the scene in #1 when that sicko guy is breastfeading off the mom.. I could have done without either one of those.. It makes me cringe just thinking about it:eek:

DenBronx
09-08-2007, 02:39 AM
310 to Yuma

I give it a solid A -

anton...
09-08-2007, 04:50 AM

:dito:

i second this motion!!

ps. denzel seems to be aging a tad...
________
NastyFoxyTeen (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/NastyFoxyTeen)

anton...
09-08-2007, 04:52 AM
the bourne supremacy

10/10

the best one yet!!

i could not wait to get to the end, but i couldnt bear it finishing...

edge of the seat stuff from the first second to the last...

one of the best movies i have ever seen!!
________
Marijuana Dispensaries In Arizona (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

shank
09-14-2007, 07:07 PM
the bourne supremacy

10/10

the best one yet!!

i could not wait to get to the end, but i couldnt bear it finishing...

edge of the seat stuff from the first second to the last...

one of the best movies i have ever seen!!

supremacy or ultimatum?
(the bourne series is some of the best movies out there currently)

last one i watched was black snake moan. didn't have high hopes when i rented it, but it turned out to be pretty good. kinda weird, but pretty good. christina ricci is hot, and sam jackson is the ish. 7/10

Broncos Mtnman
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
8 Below!!

*tear*

Recorded it. Its been out for a while, but I just got around to watching it. DOg lovers, get your tissue. It will make you laugh, smile, and cry.

:cool: <---- hiding the tears!!

I own 2 malamutes. I couldn't bring myself to watch it. My friends say it's great, but I know I would picture my dogs in the movie and end up crying my eyes out.

DenBronx
09-26-2007, 12:57 AM
i just saw halloween....i never see horror movies but this one was pretty crazy. im glad it didnt show any small children or babies getting killed. really as i said i never see a horror mainly because the concept of killing after killing and torturing someone is pretty demonic. but i guess if your into movies like this then this would be about a 9 out of 10.

the same could be said for action movies i guess, yet i love action movies. i guess its just the nature of it.

anyone like suspense movies? creepy erie suspenseful ones? like the stephen king, room 1402, the shining, lost highway type ones???

Nick
10-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Onibus 174 (Bus 174) 9.2 - is a Brazilian documentary film released on October 22, 2002. It is the debut film of director Jose Padilha and co-director Felipe Lacerda.

The film's subject is the June 12, 2000 bus hijacking that occurred in Rio de Janeiro. Sandro do Nascimento, a young man from a poor background, bungled a robbery and ended up holding the passengers on a bus hostage for four hours. The event was caught live on television.

The movie examines the incident and what life is like in the slums and favelas of Rio de Janeiro and how the criminal justice system in Brazil treats the lower classes.

It has a 100% critics' rating at RottenTomatoes.com

Nick
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
The Lives of others (2006) (Also Known as Leben der Anderen, Das) 9.6 - This is an outstanding movie. It's one of the best I have seen in recent years. The Oscar it earned for Best Foreign Film was well deserved. To be honest with you it should have won Best Film in general, because it was a far better movie than The Departed. The first 90 minutes are slow at times, but stay engrossed because the last 15 minutes of this movie are incredibly powerful and riveting. Even though what they do this first 90 minutes makes you fill like you are there.

The director takes some big chances down the stretch and they all pay off. Beyond the ending, there are so many interesting little wrinkles to the movie. It doesn't take any bad steps. When the wall comes down it doesn't treat it as a liberation of the key players in the film. Their reactions are much more sophisticated and realistic than you could ever imagine.

Just a marvelous piece of work.

Nick
10-08-2007, 11:07 AM
The Devil's Backbone (2001) (Also know as El Espinazo del Diablo) 9.2 - Guillermo del Toro Director is awsome! You might know him from Pan's Labyrinth (2006), and Hell Boy. He is coming out with Hell Boy 2 and The Orphanage (2008) which looks like it is going to be fantastic. Out of the brilliant mind of Guillermo Del Toro comes a movie that will take you on a dark tour through war, isolation, and fear of the supernatural. The story takes place in an orphanage.

The movie starts out with a simple story of a boy named Carlos Tielve) that has been left there by his tutor(Who looks a lot like American actor Tom Sizemore)and must live with the bully, Jaime (played by a gifted young actor named Inigo Garces)and his followers, which are basically all of them. Carlos, who is curious like a cat finds out soon that there is someone else living with them in the orphanage; a ghost that has been hunting the school from the time a bomb fell in their yard and didn't detonate. Nevertheless, a rumour that a boy named Santi had runaway the day of the bomb will be disproven. Then you mind wonders with questions.

The movie becomes a great film at about half way through it when you get to know Casares and Carmen platonic couple. You get to know of why Jacinto is there and why Casares feels meek, both of which a portrayed by two great actors Federico Luppi and Marisa Paredes. Not to mention the Ghost's warning "Many will Die." The movie is a phenominal film that has the feel of old horror movies and dramas. The ending will leave you shocked and might affect you for a long time. A great movie to watch on a Saturday night will that will leave you wanting for more.

Nick
10-15-2007, 10:54 AM
The Phone 7.3 -

Fantastic four 2 6.1 - Just stop making these movies!!!!

The Breed 8.1 - Made me jump alot. I liked this movie alot for its entertainment factor. Other then that it has those parts... why are you doing that, dont do that, dont go in there etc., I did not care for the ending. I like Wes Cravens movies.

Reign over me 8.3- Maybe adam sandlers best jump but Cheadel made this film good.

Wrong Turn 2 5.4 - Awfull... even gore factor was awfull

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon 7.6 - pretty humerous and if you like horror movies you will laugh.

1408 9.2 - I am suprised this movie got a bunch of bad reviews... I liked everything about this movie. From the direction, acting, picture, story line, and even keep samuel L Jackson's role limited. This book must have been terrific. This movie is not ranked as his best (Stephen Kings) but is up there.

Cleveland Rocks
10-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Zodiac - 7/10

Pretty good.

My father recorded it when it was on pay per view. So I checked it out. It was alright.

omac
10-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Highlander: The Source (4/10) - Highlander: The Sucks. But I knew it was going to be bad; only the very first movie was great, everything else that followed sucked. :D

Nick
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Delicatessen (1991) 9 - This movie was GREAT. Had a lot of phone watching this. The direction. Acting. Humor. Story line. And visualy with camera angles and sound was a work of masterpeice.

Severance (2006) (UK - English) 8.1 - This movie was very entertaining and had a tough time putting a rating on this. I enjoyed this flick. Thought it was also pretty humerous in many parts.

Slither 7.6 - If it was not for the special effects and how well they did this visualy this would be a lot better rating. Acting was plain horrific. Story line also pretty bad.

The Abandoned 8.8 - Great story line, one of the better after dark films I have seen in a while.

dogfish
10-25-2007, 05:30 AM
planet terror 8/10

great flick! directed by robert rodriquez, the guy who did from dusk 'til dawn and sin city-- doesn't have the animated effects of sin city, but it has even more of a comic book feel. . . the first 45 minutes are a deliberately slow buildup-- from there on out it goes 120 MPH. . . it's pretty much a tribute to the classic zombie flicks-- exaggerated violence and gore, terrible cheesy dialogue, big guns, and a horde of scantily clad hotties, dirty and bloody but still gorgeous. . . the heroine, played by rose mcgowan, is incredibly luscious, even with only one leg. . . there's nothing smart or deep about this movie-- it's intentional, over-the-top pulp hilarity. . . zombie movie mayhem-- where's keith bishop when i need him??

Nick
10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Buried Alive (1990) 8.8 - I loved this film and must have seen this about ten times now on USA. Great revenge movie. Love the plot.

Buried Alive 2 (1997) 7.6 - This movie is also pretty good. I'm a big Tim Matheson fan. To get the full impact of this movie, you should see the first one "Buried Alive" with Tim Matheson and Jennifer Jason Leigh. The sequel "Buried Alive II" is about a man who poisons his wife (blow fish... which could in fact do what it does in the movie) to get her inheritance so he can buy a yacht and continue his affair with his mistress.

Problem is, once she is dead, he wants a quicky funeral and wants her embalmed twice. As in the first movie, where the wife poisons husband Clint Goodman (Tim Matheson) and he is dead, (so everyone thinks) everything goes wrong at the funeral home.

The embalming machine goes berserk and there is no embalming done at all. This is when the movies get really good. Both of them actually. To see what the so called dead spouses do to get revenge on the spouse who poisoned them, but did not actually kill them keeps you on your toes and keeps you in suspense until the very end.

The spouse thought to be dead is actually still alive, but the poison from the fish puts them in a kind of like catatonic state, where they appear dead. This is not a horror movie, but more of a suspense, thriller, drama movie.

In any event, if you watch one, you have to watch the other.

Mr. Brooks 9.3 - Kevin Costner, William Hurt, Dane Cook and Demi Moore did a absolute fantastic job in this film... specially Costner and Hurt.

I love the story line and thought this movie was great. Keeps you very entertained as you keep learning new things about Mr. Brooks untill the end. The people that are going to rate this movie as a very bad movie... is going to be people that dislike the "gore" type of movies. A lot of people will also think alot of things crammed into a movie... I have heard many reasons why people do not like this movie... mostly how dark this movie is.

People tend to be turned away from rating a "Dark" movie... like this one. Good.

As if people think if they rate it good... they support it.

This movie is about Mr. Brooks and you are able to see all of these different things about mr. brooks as if they are placing a peice of the puzzle untill it is complete based on who mr. brooks is.

Kevin Costner gives his best performance ever as this psychotic character, his moods range from vulnerable to sadistic. Costner has never shown so much range in any role previous to this.

William Hurt absolutely steals every scene he's in (as usual) as the imaginary Marshall, who is a manifested representation of Brooks' Id. Marshall seeks pleasure and release in killing, and constantly persuades Brooks to do the same. Marshall is also Brooks' survival instinct, and this becomes more prevalent later in the film.

The last 5 minutes of the film will leave you breathless, and those final, haunting scenes will make the entire film draw to a very harrowing close.

I recommend this to anyone who seeks a film that's much smarter than the mindless blockbusters in theaters now.

Also to anyone who likes films such as 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'American Psycho'. Mr. Brooks is not as charming as Patrick Bateman or as lethal as Hannibal Lecter, but he's something far worse; he's relatable.

Nick
10-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Isolation - Alot of Horror buffs might like this film. The original name of the film is called The Calf. Not going to officialy grade untill I see the rest. This 2005 Irish Horror film is written and directed by a "Billy O'Brien". Very slow-paced film that doesn't feature many spectacular moments, but it's nevertheless a bit creepy and compelling enough to hold your attention. Especially the first 45 minutes or so are mysteriously build up. The Plot Outline: On a remote Irish farm, five people become unwilling participants in an experiment that goes nightmarishly wrong.

Well there is nothing wrong with a good monster/Alien film once and awhile. Unfortunately this is not one of them. It is likely the first film ever that can make the claim to showing not once, not twice, but three times in the first fifteen minutes a cow having a hand being put up its butt. I ended up falling asleep... My wife said I did not miss to much.

To be fair to the director Billy O'Brien, (who also wrote this piece of art) the opening is moody at times. You are trying to figure out what the heck is going on. The set-up takes forever to get going, and the yet the ending seems rushed(Via Wife).

Hostel 2 7.5 - Most horror sequels are entertaining but completely unnecessary. Hostel 2 justifies it's existence by elaborating on things fans were curious about and creating a very different tone while keeping the flavor of the original.

The movie certainly contains horror but it is in the form of individual scenes and there is even an overall sense of doom that hovers over the eventual victims that the first movie never had in it's first act. Even still, the movie is largely a dark comedy; very aware of it's own ability to create uncomfortable laughter. In my opinion, Hostel 2 is a fun movie that delivers the goods and never feels like a rehash. That's all anyone can ask of a sequel.

One last bit on it's running time. While every summer blockbuster tries to come in at about 155 min. Hostel 2 comes in at a shade over 90. It's refreshing leaving a movie wanting more rather than thanking Christ the movie is finally over.

One thing I really liked about this film it shows both sides of the ball. It shows how "normal" people go to these places to torture / Kill people.

I am a not a big fan of Roth and wish he went a different direction still with Cabin fever.

Rinne (Reincarnated) 7.9 - Japanese director Takashi Shimizu has done it again with his newest horror film Rinne or Reincarnation in English. Rinne is told through the eye's of a young and up coming Japanese actress name Sugiura. She is chosen to play the lead role in a horror film that is re-telling the story of a mass murder that took place in a hotel some many years prior.

As the film shoot begins, Sugiura begins to see actual events from the murder in her head. She soon looses track of what is real and what is solely an image in her head. The movie that is being made within the film is re-telling the story of a professor who goes on a killing spree in a hotel. he ends up killing both his children, much of the hotel staff and in the end, he takes his own life. the only survivor is his wife.

The reason for the killings is to prove his theory that the bodies sole lives on after the body has been killed. An interesting Idea that the film actually does a really good job of showing. If you liked the grudge and don't mind reading sub-titles go see Reincarnation.

Eragon 3.4 - This movie was on TV, absolutly horrible in every area. I was noit very disappointed with the movie Eragon because I was not expecting more and did not expect to get anything in return. The acting was rather horrible. The script felt like it was written by a five year old with no sense of wonder at all and while the special effects were great for the dragon, it was not very good any where else. I also have not read the books on which this film is based on but judging on how bad this film was, I'm not going to waste my time.

The Invisible 4.1 - ******MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS****** This is a bad movie. The soundtrack is awfull. The movie is extremely cheesy, and not in a good way. The characters are unoriginal: the "perfect" high school guy who hates his life; the misunderstood bad girl; the backstabbing best friend; the uncaring girlfriend; the overprotective mother. Very predictable... because there is no thinking or mystery involved...

The bad girl "kills" him and he and the audience know it, and in the end she must redeem herself by saving his life (BORING!). He in turn ends up falling for her of course. If you're a 13 year old girl you'll probably love it.

Also no one can hear this kid even her... all of sudden she can now. I hated this movie... and can't believe I wasted my time with this.

The Tomb 3.1 - I'm guessing I'm one of the very few people who actually took the time to watch this whole movie (Fast forwarded mostly) REAL BAD MISTAKE! After watching over 60-minutes of this movie, I began asking 'What was this about again?'..Now, that says something. There was no story, it had no meaning to it and no point. Bad acting. Was the casting director serious when they hired these people. Alot of the characters died off and I had no remorse for them. Every character never had an adequate story built up for them, so there was obviously no sympathy. All I've got to mention is that there was a guy fake jogging in the movie... :laugh: and please do not get me started about the objects located around the movie.

This movie was horrible.

Cleveland Rocks
10-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Eragon - 5/10

This movie was not that good. I am a big fan of Robert Carlyle (I can't wait to see 28 Weeks Later) who plays an evil sorceror in this film. I was not too happy with this movie. But I think Carlyle did a decent job acting in the film.

Spiderman 3 - 7/10

I liked the movie, but felt Raimi could have done a bit better. Still liked the movie a lot though especially seeing Venom brought to life.

Nick
11-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm Not Scared (2004) 8.7 - Photography, Plot, Acting, and Originality is almost flawless in this movie. It is Italian with subtitles. I am sooo suprised how well these kids did in this movie as far as acting goes.

The director does a great job of seeing the world through the eyes of the 10 year old lead character who finds similarities between his own peers and those of his parents. He's forced to choose between loyalty and what he feels in his heart to be correct.

Hollywood could learn much from this film. It doesn't take multimillion dollar special effects to make a great film...just a good story...the right actors...and a director with a vision.

Howling 8.4 - I like the howling movie and saw the movie my first time on USA. The Howling is a good werewolf film with some incredible special effects (realizing it is around 26 years old). I liked the setting and the story itself, but the acting could've been better. I think the movie failed to do this because the actors and actresses weren't given much to work with. I also believe the first half of the movie could've had better pacing because it tends to crawl towards the second half.

The last half of this film however is a real delight to watch with all the transformations and surprises, and though the ending is not a let down, it could've been better. I won't say why because I don't want to give the ending away to those who haven't seen it yet. There aren't many good werewolf films out there, but overall The Howling gets my vote as a nice horror film to watch at night with all the lights off and your sweetheart by your side.

And the werewolf love scene is one of the most memorable moments in the werewolf movie history.

Nick
11-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Entrapment 7.1 - I "had" to see this movie again because my wife wanted to watch this. This movie should not be seen more then once. It is pretty predictable, corny, boring, not great acting, music in some areas is just flat out annoying. There is a part When Catherine Zeta-Jones is getting ready for a heist and practicing moving around strings pretending they are lasers and the it goes into slow motion with soft porn music. I would not mind seeing here dance around or what ever but this was very very corny. Sean Connery's drifts in and out of his accent, which is annoying. They even try adding more of a romantic side to this movie with Connery and Zeta-jones. That has to be atleast a 40 year old difference. If main cast was not in this movie... this movie would be horrific.

speardog
11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
The last movie I saw was 1972 "Fritz the Cat" which I got in a trade. It's a rated X cartoon. It also has a very strong message about violence and predjudice.

Snapping Turtle
11-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I just saw Across the Universe.....10/10 for sure. I really enjoyed it. There was only ONE scene where I was like....this is no necessary at all, but otherwise I love it. :elefant:

sneakers
11-03-2007, 08:28 AM
"30 days of night"........worst Vampire movie since "Dracula 2000".

Nick
11-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Carrie (1976) 9.3 - I still like the origional Shinning and IT better so has a little lower grade then those other Stephen King movies. The acting, the direction, the script...this film got it all right. Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie, after about 13-16 years absence from films, were both nominated for Academy Awards... practically unheard of for a horror film. The entire cast is top notch (even John Travolta is in it... but a small role) but it is the true creepiness of Carrie that seeps through time and time again.

Lest we not forget Brian DePalma's direction...flawless!! And the music to the film is integrated so well. There is not one thing "wrong" with this horror film.

Some people will dislike the ending, while others will think it was superb and very very origional.

Best line..."I can see your dirtypillows." :laugh:

Nick
11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
The Reaping 6.3 - I found this film to be very boring and as if they tried to hard to make it thrilling. It's no masterpiece. That's a given. Despite some really awful CG special effects and plot devices; I found the Reaping to be an OK way to spend an hour and a half... It is a watchable movie and will have you entertained in some parts... and not because of Hillary swank... only because of the story line. The ending was awfull and feel like they gave up on the movie. There was a couple decent twists and turns here and there... I just can't believe they are going to make a sequal.

Nick
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Unrest 7.2 - Few horror movie settings have been more underused or made poor use of as medical school/ dissections/ autopsies. The best one is perhaps Anatomie (Anatomy) from Germany. A lot has been made about the possible use of real cadavers for this film and after seeing it, I'm not sure that is the case (I can explain this in detail if needed). The story itself is OK, but it could be better. Also typical for American films, the filmmakers did a lousy job researching some of the themes used in the movie. For some reason to explain the whole ghost aspect, they introduced an Aztec fertility goddess to sort of connect the thing with the corpse from Brazil. However, the Aztecs where never in Brazil but in Mexico. This movie is watchable but not scary.

Bee Movie 6.7 - The looks of the movie was good. The story line... specially for kids was horrible. It was boring for all ages. Has some funny parts. I think they tried to hard to gear towards adults. This whole movie was a complete mess. I never heard so many kids talking at the movie theater from being bored. The jokes were to far and between from eachother with most not being funny. Again just a very very "Boring" movie for me and my family... and by the sounds... 90 percent of the theater

Cleveland Rocks
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
28 Weeks Later - 7/10

Not too bad. I'm a big fan of Robert Carlyle. So naturally since he was in it and played a major role, I had to see it. The first film was better than this one. But, this one was pretty good.

schnooks1
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Took our 8 year old to see the BEE. Not impressed and neither was she! (Who am I dr. suess??:eek:) Just wait til it comes out on DVD, my advice to you anyway!

rcsodak
11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Took our 8 year old to see the BEE. Not impressed and neither was she! (Who am I dr. suess??:eek:) Just wait til it comes out on DVD, my advice to you anyway!

I was thinking more, Sam I Am. :listen:

omac
11-17-2007, 01:05 AM
SUPERBAD .... Hillarious!!!!! Low brow in some moments and witty in others. Laugh trip from beginning to end. Not for kids though.

dogfish
11-23-2007, 05:12 PM
beatiful girls 9/10

fantastic movie! funny, and very realistic. . . awesome cast, including a young natalie portman. . .

dogfish
11-25-2007, 02:58 AM
the mist 6.5/10

hardly mind-blowing, but i liked it-- a solid if unspectatcular movie, it's worth seeing at least once. . .

Cleveland Rocks
11-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Apocalypto

9.5/10

I absolutely LOVED this movie. I was real worried about it at first, but this movie is extremely entertaining. Edge of your seat with the chases through the jungles too and there is plenty of character development. I really felt for the main character in the film and was thoroughly entertained in this movie. I highly recommend this movie.

Nick
12-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Stephen King's The Mist (2007) 9/10 -

I am a huge fan of Steven King and he nails the transformation from Book to movie yet again. I read The Mist when I was very very little and was a pretty terrifying storie then. This is a overall wonderful horror movie that will have you thinking about the movie well after you see it. While there are monsters in the mist, the film really demonstrates that the heart of man can be much more horrific than any monsters outside.

There were some modification made to the ending of the story, but I think Darabont gave it a fair treatment. The ending of the novel was is pretty disturbing and will have you thinking about what happened... While the ending of the movie is going to make ALOT of people probably hate the movie, from how it made them feel. It is heart breaking.

Marcia Gay Harden had her best performance. Acting overall was very good. I had a many expectations of this film. I was not dissapointed.

I think anyone that is going to rate this movie bad is either not going to be a huge fan of horror movies or disliked the ending. We all know Stephen King has a tough time ending his books... Darabont did the right thing and doing the ending this way. It is dark, very dark, but I really thought it was brilliant.

A great movie because it haunts you long after youve seen it. If the visuals would have been "excellent" this movie could have been easilly ALOT higher

aberdien
12-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I just saw Across the Universe.....10/10 for sure. I really enjoyed it. There was only ONE scene where I was like....this is no necessary at all, but otherwise I love it. :elefant:

Lucky, I have to wait until Feb 5th to watch it. They didn't show it here.

I'm a big Beatles fan though so I hope it lives up to my already high expectations.

Anybody know is August Rush was any good?

Kapaibro
12-10-2007, 07:26 AM
I watched a heap of films on my flights so here goes.

Knocked up! Hilarious 7.5/10

Transformers (about 4 times), still an 8.

1408 (a Stephen King film from a short story) 7.5/10 (very good adaptation)

Ratatouille (took my niece and nephews to it!) Fabulous! 8.5/10

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 7/10

Pirates of the Caribbean 8.5/10 (great finish)

Die Hard 4.0 7/10 lots of fun, and I love Timothy Olyphant.

Hairspray 6/10. Fun, but JOhn Travolta kinda sucked.

Shrek 3 8/10. So cool!

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 04:10 AM
The Bucket List!!

***** 5 Stars

10/10

Outstanding movie!! I recommend everyone watching it. You just can't beat Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson together.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825232/

schnooks1
12-24-2007, 09:35 AM
The chipmunks movie................
Cute chipmunks.... BAD ACTING by the "real people" in it. Out of a 10.... maybe a 2!!

schnooks1
12-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Just saw Water Horse the Legend........... Pretty good movie. My 3rd grader read the book and was very excited to see it. Of course through the whole movie she would explain to me what things mean!! 7 out of 10

broncogirl7
12-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Also saw the Chipmunk movie. I thought it was "cute" in a kid sort of way. The older nephews made comments throughout the movie. Chipmunks definately cute, I have a soft spot for their music.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I really want to copy and paste the ENTIRE Freak discussion, but alas, I am a lazy F.

Anyhoo...Took the girls to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. Frickin hilarious...even if the kids weren't there. But I'd take kids so ya don't look weird.

broncogirl7
01-01-2008, 11:29 PM
I saw that movie over the holidays and thought it was sooo funny. Took the nephews, but probably laughed more than they did.

fcspikeit
01-02-2008, 04:04 AM
I saw Invasion the other day.

It wasn't to bad. It was a lot like invasion of the body snatchers. The hole time I kept waiting for someone to point and make that goofy yell. :D

Nicole Kidman looked great. Probably the best I have seen here.

fcspikeit
01-02-2008, 04:10 AM
I also seen I am legend.

It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The mutated humans looked like crap. You could tell they were computer animated. They looked like something you would see on a bad B horror flick.

I don't know who's dumb idea it was to make Bob Marley out to be Martin Luther King but I could have done without that. :rolleyes:

Kapaibro
01-02-2008, 06:25 AM
bump.............

D1g1tal j1m
01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Walk Hard, The Dewy Cox Story.

Funny, a good parody of biopic movies.

Also saw Sweeney Todd, me and my wife must have been the only ones in the theater to not be aware that it was a musical at first. We were not entertained at all. Disappointing.

jrelway
01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
i am legend ...garbage, absolute garbage.

D1g1tal j1m
01-03-2008, 12:00 PM

I agree completely.

The worst thing to happen to scary movies is when the studio wants the rating to be PG13 to encourage the parents to bring there kids to the movie (milking as much money as possible). No blood or guts are shown and the monsters cannot be too scary as to frighten the kiddies. So lame.

The monsters looked like hairless anorexic homeless people who happen to be able to leap large distances and climb large concrete structures like monkeys. I've seen homeless people downtown that are scarier than the ones in that movie.

Rant over...

jrelway
01-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I agree completely.

The worst thing to happen to scary movies is when the studio wants the rating to be PG13 to encourage the parents to bring there kids to the movie (milking as much money as possible). No blood or guts are shown and the monsters cannot be too scary as to frighten the kiddies. So lame.

The monsters looked like hairless anorexic homeless people who happen to be able to leap large distances and climb large concrete structures like monkeys. I've seen homeless people downtown that are scarier than the ones in that movie.

Rant over...

even though it was a matinee showing, it felt like a waste of 7 bucks. The monsters looked like the things on I Robot. 28 weeks later was so much better imo.

Skinny
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
'Blades Of Glory' ... 5/10

Worst movie i've seen in a long time.

Jody
01-03-2008, 08:39 PM
'Blades Of Glory' ... 5/10

Worst movie i've seen in a long time.

I agree with you, it was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Cleveland Rocks
01-04-2008, 01:20 AM

Yea,

I haven't seen it. But I looked on the net and saw the synopsis.

When will Hollywood ever make a movie that stays true to the book. I Am Legend - the book - was awesome. One of my favorites. Somebody on a board (maybe this one) was saying the book was very good. So I bought it and couldn't put it down. Finished it in a couple hours. Very good book.

MOtorboat
01-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Catch a Fire

Solid movie with Tim Robbins and Derek Luke (Antwone Fisher and Friday Night Lights). It's set in 1980 South Africa and Luke is an everyday black worker who lives in a small country village and works at a coal refinery as a foreman. He tries to not rock the boat so that he can keep his fairly good life with his wife and two children. The African National Congress (ANC) bombs his oil refinery and he was not at work that day, and he admits to no alibi (but he's not guilty). He's tortured by the National Anti-Terrorist Agency, which is headed by Tim Robbins. When he's release he decides to join the ANC...

It's the true story of Patrick Chamusso, an ANC member who was a Political Prisoner on Robbins Island off the coast of Capetown until his release in the 90s when Apharteid was overthrown. Fairly good-paced movie. I recommend it.

Broncolingus
01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Yea,

When will Hollywood ever make a movie that stays true to the book. I Am Legend - the book - was awesome. One of my favorites. Somebody on a board (maybe this one) was saying the book was very good. So I bought it and couldn't put it down. Finished it in a couple hours. Very good book.

Probably me...

SUPER quick read...was surprised.

Gave it to my 14 y/o to read and he liked it too...of course, now he wants to see the movie.

MOtorboat
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Yea,

Shawshank...

The thing was, they could stick to that, it was a 90-page novella. OK...so I guess "Red" was supposed to be an Irish guy, not a black guy, but something like that...

It's hard to cram everything in a 400-page novel into 2:30-3:00 movie.

fcspikeit
01-04-2008, 04:14 PM
The last movie I saw... Invasion with Nicol Kidman.

It is worth watching. Not great but good. It was a lot like "Invasion of the body Snatchers" Except there were no pointing and screeching. LOL

I am a huge Horror buff. So my ratings on horror movies might be a little higher then most. Although, this really isn't a horror flik.

I would give it a 7 - 10 :salute:

fcspikeit
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I thought I would just post the last few I have seen together. In the future I will give a better description of each movie....

The Bourne Ultimatum... 9 - 10

Eastern Promises... 8 - 10

Resident Evil Extinction.... 8 - 10

I am Legend... 6 - 10

300... 9 1/2 - 10

Next... 7 - 10

Wrong Turn 2... 5 - 10

Rush Hour 3... 9 - 10

The Contract... 8 - 10

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End... 8 - 10

Halloween... 9 - 10

Deja Vu 8 - 10

Pan's Labyrinth 9 - 10

Oceans 13 - 9 - 10

That's enough for now :D

Bronco4ever
01-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I saw Garden State two days ago. I liked it. I like watching Scrubs and this had a lot of similarities to Scrubs so it was hard not to like it. It's a little sappy, and some parts are slow, but overall, it sends a good message and it's kind of a happy ending.

7/10

MOtorboat
01-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I saw Garden State two days ago. I liked it. I like watching Scrubs and this had a lot of similarities to Scrubs so it was hard not to like it. It's a little sappy, and some parts are slow, but overall, it sends a good message and it's kind of a happy ending.

7/10

I thought that was an excellent movie. Zack Braff is a pretty intelligent guy, and the soundtrack was great.

Bronco4ever
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I thought that was an excellent movie. Zack Braff is a pretty intelligent guy, and the soundtrack was great.

Yep. The soundtrack is awesome. I heard Zack Braff was the nerdy thespian kid in school growing up, so he must be pretty smart. I watched the commentary on the movie and a lot of the things in the movie happened in Zack's life. I was tempted to buy Last Kiss, but I heard that was a let down compared to Garden State.

darrent/hero
01-04-2008, 05:58 PM
i am legend.

7/10.

it was ok.

some of the action was decent.

plot kind of stupid ............. idk.

dogfish
01-04-2008, 06:43 PM

7/10

that, and it has natalie portman. . . :2thumbs:

Broncospsycho77
01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I Am Legend--- I thought it was great. CG Animations weren't awful, and was pretty realistic. Will Smith acted great; that's what made the movie. That and how sweet New York was without people.

8/10

Italianmobstr7
01-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Sweeny Todd- Wasn't my choice to see it, but it was a damn good movie. I'll be going to see it again probably.

Bourne Supremacy- I'm trying to watch the whole series. I'm done with the first 2 now. I'll watch Bourne Ultimatum in the next couple nights. The first 2 have both been very good, and I don't even really care for action movies.

fcspikeit
01-05-2008, 04:18 AM
I watched Shoot 'Em Up tonight..

I thought it was great! I don't think they could have found anyone better then Clive Owen to play this part.

The movie is goofy and as fake as it gets. But that's the hole point. If your expecting to see James Bond you might not like this movie. If your expecting to see Sin City it's right up your ally.

Story/plot... 3 - 10 (The story was creative, that's about the best I can say about it)

Action...10 - 10

Acting... 10 - 10

Graphics... 10 - 10 (There is a lot of blood, You might want to watch it when the kids are in bed) Also, Monica Bellucci is in this film. That alone earns the graphics a 10 :D

Overall.... 9 - 10

Snapping Turtle
01-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I just saw Juno last night...well more like this morning. I must say it was different than i thought it would be...Jason Bateman's character was completely surprising. I laughed the whole way through and found it to be witty and just a good movie. There were some things that I found to be odd...like the bizarre music but I also kinda loved the bizarre music. I also thought that random Rainn Wilson character was good.

9/10:D

Broncospsycho77
01-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I've heard everybody, even dudes, give it high ratings. Might have to check it out or I'll miss the next Napoleon Dynamite...

aberdien
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
One Missed Call - lol...

claymore
01-05-2008, 08:09 PM
National Treasure

7/10

Pretty good movie, exciting enough for kids and parents. A good compromise I am legend. Nicholas Cage hair disturbs me for whatever reason, and really distracted me. They did a great job reliving historical moments. I am a history buff, and really like seeing quality remakes of actual events.

They did a great job of setting up for the 3rd movie with page 47............ dont want to ruin it for anyone, but I cannot wait for the next one.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Just saw American Pie Beta House...if ya accept what it truly is, the movie is frickin hilarious. However, surprisingly enuff...not Oscar Worthy.

Rush Hour 3...knew better before I rented it. A weak attempt to repeat lame joked made in the first 2. WOW, Jackie Chan using ebonics??? HiFRICKINlarious!!!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Just watched The Kingdon. Very good movie...but makes ya kindof uneasy realizing that $hit actually happens.

NameUsedBefore
01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
No Country For Old Men; one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Kapaibro
01-06-2008, 05:37 AM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169

Here's the thread from the movies forum

MOtorboat
01-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Just saw American Pie Beta House...if ya accept what it truly is, the movie is frickin hilarious. However, surprisingly enuff...not Oscar Worthy.

Is there nudity? Because it's worthless unless there's nudity :wave:

American Pie Band Camp was so disappointing after hearing all the "stories" that happened at Band Camp. The darn thing was so tame that they can play it on TBS without really censoring anything.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-06-2008, 11:39 AM
It's all tit...the whole way thru.

MOtorboat
01-06-2008, 12:24 PM
It's all tit...the whole way thru.

Nice!

Message Too Short.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-06-2008, 12:28 PM
The lead bad guy's chick gets all Trekky in their sex role play...classic!

Skinny
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
'Rush Hour 3' 10/10

Jackie and Chris make a great comedy team. This is one of my top 3 sequal movies so far up there with the 'Lethal Weapon's and 'Saw' series ...

jhns
01-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Just watched The Kingdon. Very good movie...but makes ya kindof uneasy realizing that $hit actually happens.

I just watched The Kingdom this weekend and it is a very good movie.

I also just watched Resident Evil: Extinction and The Bourne Ultimatum. I thought both of these movies where good. The Bourne Ultimatum is the best of the three Bourne movies, IMO. Resident Evil was pretty good as well but I don't agree with a review that I just read that says it is the best of those movies. I liked number 2 better. If you like any of them, this one is well worth seeing though.

Snapping Turtle
01-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I just saw I Am Legend. My brother got an advance copy of the dvd. It was really cool...sad and scary. It reminded me of Day After Tomorrow...just creepy. It ended kinda nicely though I guess.

9/10

aberdien
01-06-2008, 04:14 PM
No Country For Old Men; one of the best movies I've ever seen.

I've wanted to see that...

slim
01-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I watched High Plains Drifter yesterday. I love Clint Eastwood (not in a gay way).

SmilinAssasSin27
01-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I love Clint Eastwood (not in a gay way).

riiiiight...:elefant:

slim
01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
riiiiight...:elefant:

OK, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers. :elefant:

SmilinAssasSin27
01-06-2008, 04:24 PM
OK, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers. :elefant:

or tossing salad?

slim
01-06-2008, 04:28 PM
I got roped into watching a movie the other day that was probably the worst movie ever made. I think it was called "Pumpkin". If you are ever asked to watch this movie you need to; 1) run away as fast as you can or 2) gouge your eyes out.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-06-2008, 04:49 PM
A simple "no" won't suffice as a response? Really, Slim, yer kindof a drama queen aren't ya?

slim
01-06-2008, 04:52 PM
A simple "no" won't suffice as a response? Really, Slim, yer kindof a drama queen aren't ya?

LOL...the drama was intended to emphasize how bad the movie really is.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
OOOOOHHHHH..next time I'll know.

Broncospsycho77
01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Speaking of bad movies... don't see Redline. I wasted 8 bucks on it, plus a drink. It was awful. Literally no plot, no intelligent dialogue. In fact, it was so bad that I couldn't appreciate the only two good things (hot women, fast cars).

slim
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Speaking of bad movies... don't see Redline. I wasted 8 bucks on it, plus a drink. It was awful. Literally no plot, no intelligent dialogue. In fact, it was so bad that I couldn't appreciate the only two good things (hot women, fast cars).

I think the worst movie I have ever seen was "Bringing out the Dead" (I think that was the name). I took my wife to see it...it was our first date (when we were at ASU). Has anyone else seen this flick? My God, I can't believe anyone would make such trash.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Speed 2...worst EVER!

shank
01-06-2008, 09:27 PM
watched primal fear last night

9/10

good characters, good acting, enjoyable

defense attorney (richard gere) trying to get a choir boy (ed norton) off a murder rap of the archbishop of chicago, dig it?

underrated29
01-06-2008, 09:58 PM
i just saw national treasure 2.

I really enjoyed it. GOod movie. It was a little predictable at times, and in some parts somewhat unrealistic, but what isnt now days. I give it a 9/10. I also think that maybe they are setting it up for a 3rd.

anyone think that might be the case? pg 47.

fcspikeit
01-06-2008, 10:08 PM
watched primal fear last night

9/10

good characters, good acting, enjoyable

defense attorney (richard gere) trying to get a choir boy (ed norton) off a murder rap of the archbishop of chicago, dig it?

That was a great movie!

I called it about half the way through :cool:

Bronco4ever
01-06-2008, 10:42 PM
National Treasure

7/10

Pretty good movie, exciting enough for kids and parents. A good compromise I am legend. Nicholas Cage hair disturbs me for whatever reason, and really distracted me. They did a great job reliving historical moments. I am a history buff, and really like seeing quality remakes of actual events.

They did a great job of setting up for the 3rd movie with page 47............ dont want to ruin it for anyone, but I cannot wait for the next one.

I want to see it. It was a big deal for us in So Dak because some of the filming was here. When I went to movies that showed the preview for National Treasure, people started cheering as soon as they saw the Black Hills. I might have to give it a look if you say it's good.

MOtorboat
01-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I want to see it. It was a big deal for us in So Dak because some of the filming was here. When I went to movies that showed the preview for National Treasure, people started cheering as soon as they saw the Black Hills. I might have to give it a look if you say it's good.

I went to school in Chadron, Neb., we went to Mount Rushmore all the time.

broncogirl7
01-06-2008, 11:52 PM
My nephews invited me to watch Resident Evil 3. Good movie, didn't really like the ending because they made room for a 4th one, but they said they weren't going to make one so the ending doesn't make sense???? Bummer for us Resident Evil fans.

Bronco4ever
01-07-2008, 12:03 AM
I went to school in Chadron, Neb., we went to Mount Rushmore all the time.

I never go in the park limits. If I really want to see it, I only drive by. I'm too cheap to actually get a close look at it. It's a really beautiful drive though in the Needles though. I love that area.

Watchthemiddle
01-07-2008, 12:43 AM

10/10

Lonestar
01-07-2008, 01:25 AM
National Treasure

7/10

I really enojyed the first one and frankly did not see how they could do better in teh sequel but I thins they did..

I must have missed the the set up for #3.. PM me

In-com-plete
01-07-2008, 04:24 PM
The Heartbreak Kid

No way around it.....it's garbage. Don't waste your time. I didn't finish it and I can't even rate it.

No Country for Old Men

The best movie I've seen in a long time. 9/10

Snapping Turtle
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Alvin and the Chipmunks...

I took my little brother today. It was cute, Ive always had a soft spot for Simon. :P

8/10

SmilinAssasSin27
01-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanx for ruining it.

shank
01-08-2008, 10:28 PM
in-com-plete i see you are a fan of american history x;

that is a great movie. ed norton is definitley one of my favorite actors and he's really good in that movie.

watched smoking aces;
kind of a cool movie with some crazy characters, might be a little confusing to some.. ryan reynolds is a good actor. 7/10 cause it's a little weird, cheesy, and weird...

see narc though, that movie rocks and is from the same guy as smoking aces (director).

In-com-plete
01-09-2008, 08:47 AM
in-com-plete i see you are a fan of american history x;

that is a great movie. ed norton is definitley one of my favorite actors and he's really good in that movie.

watched smoking aces;
kind of a cool movie with some crazy characters, might be a little confusing to some.. ryan reynolds is a good actor. 7/10 cause it's a little weird, cheesy, and weird...

see narc though, that movie rocks and is from the same guy as smoking aces (director).

Narc is honestly one of my favorites. Top 10 in my book for sure and overlooked. I remember renting that in '03 and watching it 2 days in a row...which I never do. Only other movies I've watched twice in 2 days is The Departed and Casino. Anyway, that was possibly Ray Liottas (who's one of my favorites) best performance. I've "promoted" that movie ever since I first saw it.

And yes, American History X is pretty good also. ;)

SmilinAssasSin27
01-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Saw I AM Legend last night. Still don't know what I think of it. Enjoyable enuff to watch, but left some unanswered questions...and the ending was sudden. Our local theater lets law enforcement/correctional staff in for free so definitely worth the price of admission.

MOtorboat
01-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Watched Zach Braff's The Last Kiss last night. i thought it was pretty good. I just finished The Painted Veil...meh...of course I wasn't watching real closely as I was conversing on the freak and making myself a wonderful meal that will clog my veins.

MOtorboat
01-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Desperado

Four out of Five Stars...

Lots of action, a pretty good story-line, a naked Salma Hayek...I'd say overall, a pretty good movie.

Skinny
01-19-2008, 11:24 AM
3:10 To Yuma ... 9/10 ... not bad for a 21st Century Western ...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Good Luck Chuck...garbage

American Pie Naked Mile (free rental w/ GLC)...laughed my ass off. Not a good movie by any means, but if ya wanna go mindless for 90 minutes, here ya go.

Broncospsycho77
01-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Cloverfield: A-freakin-mazing.

Only bad things were a couple of select scenes, especially some later parts, and the shaky hand-held camera thing. The ending will really leave a sour taste in your mouth, to say the least.

Basically, a Blair-Witch project type movie, but you actually get to see the monster up close. Don't worry about that. Great monster movie... haven't seen one in a mile. It's gory, it's exciting, and it's a little cliche, but worth the watch.

Just a hint: pay very close attention to the very last scene in the movie before the credits roll; it'll pull everything in the movie together.

9/10

SmilinAssasSin27
01-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanx...I was thinking about seeing that tonight if it's at the theater that gives free entry to police/corrections...but was a little hesitant about a monster flick.

Broncospsycho77
01-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanx...I was thinking about seeing that tonight if it's at the theater that gives free entry to police/corrections...but was a little hesitant about a monster flick.

Yeah, it was better than the Godzilla movie, and I have to say that the monster is pretty BA. Director/producer did a good job of hiding what it was. A couple of scenes make you a little dizzy, though.

MOtorboat
01-21-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm watching Encino Man on TBS right now and trying to figure out how the hell no one thinks its odd (characters in the movie, that is) that there was a giant block of ice just six feet under the surface in a warm climate...but that's just me...

Cleveland Rocks
01-21-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm watching Encino Man on TBS right now and trying to figure out how the hell no one thinks its odd (characters in the movie, that is) that there was a giant block of ice just six feet under the surface in a warm climate...but that's just me...

Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me....

Kapaibro
01-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Black Sheep 10/10

http://imdb.com/title/tt0779982/

I'm a bit biased, it being an NZ film, but it really is funny!

In-com-plete
01-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Yeah, it was better than the Godzilla movie, and I have to say that the monster is pretty BA. Director/producer did a good job of hiding what it was. A couple of scenes make you a little dizzy, though.

Yeah man. I was getting pissed off. The camera is all over the freakin' place and I'm sitting there fighting it trying to figure out what's actually going on. But it was crazy cause there were a couple times I actually felt like I was filming.

Good movie though. Unique for sure.

8/10

DallasChief
01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
I watched "SuperBad" last night. I laughed my ass off.

8/10

BigDaddyBronco
01-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I watched "SuperBad" last night. I laughed my ass off.

8/10
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen IMHO.

DallasChief
01-22-2008, 09:17 AM
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen IMHO.

I am truly jealous you got to suck on those **** when you were a baby.

BigDaddyBronco
01-22-2008, 09:30 AM
I am truly jealous you got to suck on those **** when you were a baby.
LMAO, I'm McLovin.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Greatest and most influential movie of our time!

NightTrainLayne
01-22-2008, 10:31 AM
LMAO, I'm McLovin.

Fogell: Yeah. It was between that or Muhammed.
Seth: Why the **** would it be between THAT or Muhammed? Why don't you just pick a common name like a normal person?
Fogell: Muhammed is the most commonly used name on Earth. Read a ******* book for once.
Evan: Fogell, have you actually ever met anyone named Muhammed?
Fogell: Have YOU actually ever met anyone named McLovin?
Seth: No, that's why you picked a dumb ******* name!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-22-2008, 09:07 PM
NICE!

I'd post youtube links, but there are just too many of em.

tubby
01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
The best is the dick treasure chest. :laugh:

Bronco9798
01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Brokeback Mountain. I gave it two ding dongs up!!!!

broncogirl7
01-22-2008, 10:59 PM
I watched "Superbad" last night.
OMG! It was freaking funny and brought back those crazy days of being a senior and all the trouble you can get in.
8/10

Zweems56
01-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Cloverfield.

Its exactly as advertised. If you can't deal with the camera like some of the people I saw it with, dont ***** about it. Its all filmed with a handicam (well actually not really, its filmed with a decent camera throughout most of the movie but they just use some effects on it to make it look crappier. dont ask why.) Anyway, and i dont want to give too much away, but dotn really expect a whole lot of closure on the movie either because again... its filmed with a handicam... :heh: VERY well done though.

dogfish
01-24-2008, 05:05 PM
resident evil: extinction 3/10

weak. . . . :yawn:

Rex
01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Superbad: 2/10

Terrible. I gave it 2 because that is how many times I laughed. McLovin was funny but that was about it.

Rex
01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Before Superbad....I watched Open Trail.

9/10. Great movie.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
rented 3:10 to Yuma, Saw IV and Game Plan (The Disney Rock movie). I'll let ya know after I watch em.

Italianmobstr7
01-24-2008, 06:30 PM
i rented Good luck chuck, and the game plan. Good luck chuck was like a 6 or a 7. Wasn't too terrible, but was predictible, and funny. Haven't watched game plan yet. Probably this weekend.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Gameplan: Solid flick. I know it's a Disney flick, but way too many cheesy football references when he talked to the girl. My wife loved it.

Watchthemiddle
01-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Alvin and The Chipmunks.

7/10

Better then expected. My girls loved it. Only needed 2 beers to make it through it.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Saw IV- Great flick...til the last 3 minutes. Made NO sense at all. If anyone understood it, please PM me.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Saw Juno last night...awesome flick. The girl in it was brilliant. Will buy it. VERY funny, yet not over the top for those who don't like burp and fart humor. Very subtle in spots, and very witty.

Italianmobstr7
01-27-2008, 01:28 PM
I've seen 4 movies in the last couple of days! I really had nothing else to do, and that's what the girl wanted, so that's what we did.
Good Luck Chuck - 7 - it was pretty funny, and Dane Cook does a great job of keeping up the energy. The penguin costume part really sold the movie for me. Very funny stuff.
The Game Plan - 7 - Better than I thought. I figured that it would be even more of a kiddie movie than it was, but it wasn't too bad. The Rock did a good job.
License to Wed - 6 - It wasn't bad, but my expectations were high after hearing from some people about it. Wasn't great, but wasn't terrible.
The Heartbreak Kid - 7 - Good movie. Funny, Ben Stiller did a good job as usual. It wasn't too predictible, and the end was great.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-27-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm watching 3:10 to Yuma tonight

Devilspawn
01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Coverfield - 7/10. Not good for motion sickness and too many unanswered questions for it to be perfect.

Firewall - 7/10. I didn't like the ending but I did like the movie overall.

Cleveland Rocks
01-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Eastern Promises - 9/10

Very good movie.

Watchthemiddle
01-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Saw Juno last night...awesome flick. The girl in it was brilliant. Will buy it. VERY funny, yet not over the top for those who don't like burp and fart humor. Very subtle in spots, and very witty.

Watching that right now. 30 minutes left. So far so good. :salute:

Watchthemiddle
01-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Juno.

Good flick. Had no idea what it really was before I watched it. Simple movie, great acting, timely humor, and good ending.

8/10

Italianmobstr7
01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Watched Dane Cooks new stand up, Vicious Circle last night. The man is hilarious. It was a great show. I don't think that it qualifies as a movie, but it's close enough.

BigDaddyBronco
01-28-2008, 01:21 PM
There Will Be Blood - 9/10

Daniel Day Lewis should get the Oscar for his performance. Oustanding actor, one of the best in the last 30 years IMHO.

Powerful movie, not a happy movie by any means, but it hits you like a brick.

slim
01-28-2008, 01:39 PM
The Exorcism of Emily Rose...5/10.

Interesting story...they said it was "based on a true story". I'll have to do a little research and see how much of the movie was true (and how much was hollywood BS).

EastCoastBronco
02-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Rambo...8/10
Evil sadistic bad guys meet their match when a Viet Nam vet from Bowie, Arizona shows up at their doorstep univited...Much carnage ensues...

Broncospsycho77
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Rambo: 8/10

Pretty good compilation film overall. There's gore, some more gore, and then a bunch more gore at the end. Stallone is really a monster in this one. He's gained a little weight, but his forearm is probably larger than my torso. Crazy intimidating guy. Classic Rambo with a predictable plot.

Bronco4ever
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
The Cowboys (John Wayne movie) ?/10. I didn't watch the movie very carefully, but I watched it because their destination in the movie is my home town, which is kinda cool.

Watchthemiddle
02-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Rambo 7/10 - I found myself sad for the first 30-40 minutes or so. But I knew John Rambo would cause havoc on the vicious mean guys.

Untraceable - 8/10 - good suspense thriller. Haven't seen a good one in a long time.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 09:33 AM
3:10 to Yuma was very good. The ending was not for everyone, but I had no problem with it.

I rented the Nines and Heartbreak Kid for this weekend.

MHCBill
02-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Saw 3:10 to Yuma last night.

7 out of 10

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Saw 3:10 to Yuma last night.

7 out of 10

what did ya think of the ending?

MHCBill
02-02-2008, 09:50 AM
It was good.

Wasn't shocked.

Why, were you disappointed?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 09:53 AM
No, but I heard that many were.

Italianmobstr7
02-02-2008, 12:07 PM
The Simpsons movie. It was pretty good. Classic Simpson's stuff. I enjoyed the movie.

dogfish
02-02-2008, 04:51 PM
he was a quiet man 8/10

starring christian slater, william macy, and the goddess known as elisha cuthbert. . . . :drool: coincidentally, one of the best black comedies since heathers-- and probably the best role i've ever seen slater play. . . he really stepped outside of himself, which is something that always impresses me. . . he didn't look or sound like the typical christian slater-- he changed his speech patterns,inflections, and especially body language (the way he hunched over suited the role perfectly). . . they also did a great job with hair, wardrobe, etc-- especially the big coke bottle milton glasses. . .

it was billed as office space meets taxi driver, and although i could certainly see where they were coming from, i really didn't think that was particularly accurate. . . it's not on the classic level of either of those films, but still very good. . . does a great job of presenting the blurry line between "reality" and what's going on on bob's (slater's charcter) head. . . changes emotional gears in a heartbeat, going from psychotic to tender and then back. . . the fact that bob talks to his fish and birds is cool, but the fact that they talk back to him is awesome-- the fish add a great comedy element. . .

best movie about someone going postal since falling down. . . definitely worth watching! check it out. . .

Watchthemiddle
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
he was a quiet man 8/10

starring christian slater, william macy, and the goddess known as elisha cuthbert. . . . :drool: coincidentally, one of the best black comedies since heathers-- and probably the best role i've ever seen slater play. . . he really stepped outside of himself, which is something that always impresses me. . . he didn't look or sound like the typical christian slater-- he changed his speech patterns,inflections, and especially body language (the way he hunched over suited the role perfectly). . . they also did a great job with hair, wardrobe, etc-- especially the big coke bottle milton glasses. . .

it was billed as office space meets taxi driver, and although i could certainly see where they were coming from, i really didn't think that was particularly accurate. . . it's not on the classic level of either of those films, but still very good. . . does a great job of presenting the blurry line between "reality" and what's going on on bob's (slater's charcter) head. . . changes emotional gears in a heartbeat, going from psychotic to tender and then back. . . the fact that bob talks to his fish and birds is cool, but the fact that they talk back to him is awesome-- the fish add a great comedy element. . .

best movie about someone going postal since falling down. . . definitely worth watching! check it out. . .

I have been thinking about watching it. How big a role does Elisha have in it?

I just watched A Simple Plan.

Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Paxton, Bridgette Fonda.

7/10 thriller. Was decent. Surprise ending, but seemed a little long.

dogfish
02-02-2008, 09:47 PM
I have been thinking about watching it. How big a role does Elisha have in it?

I just watched A Simple Plan.

Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Paxton, Bridgette Fonda.

7/10 thriller. Was decent. Surprise ending, but seemed a little long.

she's the female lead. . . .

Watchthemiddle
02-02-2008, 10:00 PM
she's the female lead. . . .

Is it going to put me to sleep?

I think I am going to watch No Country for Old men.....review coming up later.

dogfish
02-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Is it going to put me to sleep?

I think I am going to watch No Country for Old men.....review coming up later.

absolutely not! would i give it an 8/10 if i thought it was boring?

Bronco9798
02-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Good movies are tough to find anymore. I remember years ago having a hard time what movies to watch first. Now I can't even find a good movie. They just don't make em like they used to.

Broncospsycho77
02-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Depends what you're looking for, IMO. Most of the time when I have to waste 7 bucks or more at a movie theater, I want to watch a movie that focuses more on action or comedy rather than an artful movie. I'll rent the critically acclaimed dramas. I want to see a movie that'll be better on a huge movie screen than a tiny TV if I go.

Bronco9798
02-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Depends what you're looking for, IMO. Most of the time when I have to waste 7 bucks or more at a movie theater, I want to watch a movie that focuses more on action or comedy rather than an artful movie. I'll rent the critically acclaimed dramas. I want to see a movie that'll be better on a huge movie screen than a tiny TV if I go.

Movies now a days just aren't as good in all areas, in my opinion.

Watchthemiddle
02-02-2008, 10:35 PM

I recommend The Bucket List.

Not action, some comedy, just an overall good quality movie.

Broncospsycho77
02-02-2008, 10:38 PM

I'll agree with that. Most movie companies are in it for the cash from the movies, not to make anything special. The only decent movies are uncreative reenactments of certain events in history, anyway.

Watchthemiddle
02-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I'll agree with that. Most movie companies are in it for the cash from the movies, not to make anything special. The only decent movies are uncreative reenactments of certain events in history, anyway.

Thats why I don't feel guilty watching most of my movies for free...online. :D

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I just watched the Nines (Ryan Reynolds). Interesting flick, but hard to understand. I think I liked it, but I'm not 100% sure. If anyone has seen it, please let me know if I liked it or not. Thanx

Watchthemiddle
02-03-2008, 01:49 AM
No Country for Old Men

7/10

Keep me interested for 2 hours. Was a good film with good acting. I can't say I understand why its nominated for 8 oscars, but it was a pretty good film. Tommy Lee Jones as always was good.

SoCalBronco
02-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Cloverfield:
Has a lot of the "Blair Witch" vertigo effect from the attept at Home movie style camera work.
Other than that, I thought it was an original twist on the long dead MONSTER MOVIE.
I enjoyed it. Plus the two actresses that are MOST in the flick are SMOKIN HOT.

BTW: I give it 7.5/10

SmilinAssasSin27
02-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I just watched the Heartbreak Kid. Much funnier than I thought it'd be. 6.5/10..but I am a harsh critic.

Italianmobstr7
02-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I just watched the Heartbreak Kid. Much funnier than I thought it'd be. 6.5/10..but I am a harsh critic.

I gave it about a 7. It was pretty good. Better than I expected.

Kapaibro
02-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Superbad 7/10, the cops were hilarious!

I am Legend 8.5/10. Love Will Smith, and yep, I cried when the dog died.

Broncospsycho77
02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Fool's Gold: Pleasantly surprised. Pretty funny, pretty decent plot, but very original, and decently fresh for a romantic comedy. Definitely a good date movie, too.

7.5/10

SmilinAssasSin27
02-09-2008, 11:18 PM
That chick looks JUST LIKE her mom sometimes.

Cleveland Rocks
02-10-2008, 02:41 AM
There Will Be Blood - 9/10

Different movie. Wasn't what I expected but was very original and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 03:14 AM
King Of California

8/10

Kirk Douglas is a mental loonie just out of a mental facility that takes his daughter on a treasure hunt. Pretty good movie. Good acting by Kirk and the girl that played his daughter.

schnooks1
02-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Just rented "Night Whisperer" with Robin Williams and one of the MuClukin(sp?)
brothers. OMG it wasn't even worth the $2.99 we spent to rent it! Still have NO clue why Robin made it. It was one of his "serious" roles and he should have passed it up! 0/10.

jrelway
02-10-2008, 10:27 AM
for all the fellas that crave good action, watch Rambo. very gory.

MHCBill
02-10-2008, 10:33 AM
There Will Be Blood - 6 out of 10... disappointed.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Just got done watching BIG. One of the more underrated movies of our time. 9/10...classic...brilliantly done...a snapshot of how great of an actor Tom Hanks truly is.

Devilspawn
02-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Shrek III: 1/10 - Boring as hell. Gets 1 point for visuals.

Knocked Up: 7/10 - Good, but not as great as I heard.

Superbad: 9/10 - jigga jigga yeah.

Rush Hour 3: 6/10 - It made me laugh, that's all that matters.

frauschieze
02-10-2008, 02:24 PM
9/10 - Sweeney Todd

Much better than what I expected but the gore was pretty cheesy.

Warning: If you don't like musicals, your enjoyment level will be much lower.

shank
02-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Fool's Gold: Pleasantly surprised. Pretty funny, pretty decent plot, but very original, and decently fresh for a romantic comedy. Definitely a good date movie, too.

7.5/10

That chick looks JUST LIKE her mom sometimes.

man, kate hudson is freaking gorgeous.

she very well may be my #1, it changes on days where i place more importance on the chestal region-but she's beautiful.

i just watched the machinist: 8/10 pretty scary for being drama, unsettling, very good acting by christian bale and he really commited to the role he probably weighs like 120 lbs (and this is the movie he did before batman!)

i also watched heartbreak kid: it was much funnier than i expected, but like any stiller movie it was painful to watch because everything suck so much. girl is hot and you see some titties (french for breasts) recommend for a funny movie 7/10

HolyDiver
02-15-2008, 01:14 PM
3:10 to Yuma...............I give it a 7 out of 10...............Not bad at all.......didn't like the ending, but, it was not a bad ending................Just would like to have seen it end differently. .............So, I give it 7 -26" tv's out of 10.

MOtorboat
02-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Watching Miracle. I plan on crying like a baby later on tonight...

MOtorboat
02-16-2008, 01:19 AM
A 10! A ******* 10!

Timmy!
02-16-2008, 04:37 AM
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Seen it a million times. I love this movie. I always laugh my ass off. 9 1/2 outta 10.

Kapaibro
02-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Saw some good films while my net was down on my days off.

Finally watched The Devil Wears Prada. Good, but no match for the book. 7

Spider-man 3. 6. Was disappointed. Tobey Maguire looked pudgy, and was a complete arse as dark Spidey. Venom was cool, but with 4 stories going at once, it was just too much, and too long.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Fools Gold...very pleasently surprised. Not an Oscar type film, but for entertainment, humor and overall keeping my interest, it earned every part of 8 out of 10.

Blue_Aura
02-16-2008, 12:29 PM
National Treasure... liked the first one better so it gets an 8

Snapping Turtle
02-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I saw Definitely, Maybe last night. I really liked it but I can see how some other people wouldn't. The plot drug on a little but I cried a couple of times. :laugh: 9/10

Blue_Aura
02-16-2008, 12:42 PM
I saw Definitely, Maybe last night. I really liked it but I can see how some other people wouldn't. The plot drug on a little but I cried a couple of times. :laugh: 9/10

I really want to see that movie... i love the guy in it

Broncospsycho77
02-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Jumper... 6-7/10. Pretty much the best scenes were in the commercials, but decently entertaining. Whoever the main girl is... she's smoking hot. She was on the OC, from what I heard.

dogfish
02-16-2008, 03:47 PM
3:10 to yuma 5/10

well on it's way to 8/10 or even higher, but a good movie needs a good ending to make it work-- that one was probably one of the worst i've ever seen. . . .

Buff
02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
The Kingdom

7.5/10

I was pleasantly surprised... Tons of violence, not for the faint of heart.

dogfish
02-16-2008, 11:21 PM
The Kingdom

7.5/10

I was pleasantly surprised... Tons of violence, not for the faint of heart.

i've been meaning to watch that one. . . .

Buff
02-16-2008, 11:27 PM
i've been meaning to watch that one. . . .

Funny you say that because it was between that and 3:10 to Yuma tonight and surprisingly the lady opted for The Kingdom... Great action flick.

So 3:10 was good sans the ending?

dogfish
02-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Funny you say that because it was between that and 3:10 to Yuma tonight and surprisingly the lady opted for The Kingdom... Great action flick.

i loved it up to the last 15 minutes or so. . . .

shank
02-16-2008, 11:42 PM

funny that YOU say THAT!

i rented both 3:10 to yuma and the kingdom at the same time.

i thought that the ending was cheesy, but still good. the very very end of the end gave me a laugh. the movie was good, but kinda lame at parts. glad i watched it though. i'll go 7/10

the kingdom was a very good movie too, but the end irked me on it too. females... i think jaime foxx is a damned good actor, and the rest of the cast was good too. bateman rules (esp in smoking aces if you've seen it). 7.5/10 for the kingdom.

oh and i watched true lies today. one of my favorite action movies, arnold at his best if you ask me and some sweet explosions/effects/stunts. 8/10

aberdien
02-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Across the Universe: 10/10

But maybe it's because i'm in love with the Beatles.

Watchthemiddle
02-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Across the Universe: 10/10

But maybe it's because i'm in love with the Beatles.

I would have never guessed it..:laugh:

Italianmobstr7
02-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Step Up 2: The Streets - 6/10. I'm not much into movies like this one. The dancing was cool, and the story wasn't bad. Overall not a terrible movie. A little better than average.

shank
02-17-2008, 01:56 PM
war-- watched about the first 20 minutes and hated it. i thought it looked stupid before i watched it, so i wasn't very objective though. i late stateman* and jet li, but this just looked dumb. shut it off and watched narc instead.

2/10

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2008, 09:53 AM
No Country For Old Men...7/10. I liked it, but don't see why folks are going crazy over it. Dude is a crazy badass, but all it was was him following someone who has his money. I don't think it's quite the creative genius everyone else makes it out to be. I think killer deserves an Oscar for HIS performance, but not the flick as a whole.

claymore
02-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Watched Good fellas again this weekend. Great movie.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-20-2008, 12:05 AM
I just watched Across the Universe...2 words...steaming pile.

It was horrible. I give it 3/10...and it only got the 3 due to the music (which was incredible). It is a feeble attempt at artistic alliteration while demonstrating social consciousness. They overplay the 60's psychadellic crap and go totally off the map. I was really hoping it'd be good and have wanted to see it for a while now. At least I only paid $1.50. There isn't enough acid on this planet to make that movie watchable.

EastCoastBronco
02-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Mr. Beans Holiday...

Loved it...

jrelway
02-20-2008, 10:47 AM
stir of echos 2..dont watch it.

Thnikkaman
02-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Jumper - 5/10 Average Sci Fi movie. Actually, lets give it 6/10 due to the Sam Jackson factor. Right now, any movie with Jack Blac, Sam Jackson, or Christopher Walken gets an extra star just for those guys in it. Example, Balls of Fury 3/10 (would have been a 2 if it wasn't for the brilliance of Walken).

Anyway, Jumper was interesting. Seems that there is an anomaly that allows certain humans to teleport any place they have seen, and there is a group of people called Paladins (yeah, I was disappointed too), that are hunting them down. So this kid finds out he can do this, and starts living without consequences until he does enough to draw attention. Unfortunately, Hayden Christensen plays the lead role, and can't ever get out of that emo way of carrying his emotions, and the female love interest has no chin (major turn off). The special effects are cool, and there is a pretty neat car sequence during the end of the movie, but other than that. average sci-fi at best.

shank
02-20-2008, 04:46 PM
garden state.

i really like this movie. the whole thing is so awkward, it reminds me of when i go to the hometown...

natalie portman is hot, and plays the character well. it's an independent film written and directed by zach braff from scrubs. the music is good too, i have the soundtrack and listen to it when i wanna be super mellow.

watch it.

8/10

dogfish
02-20-2008, 04:50 PM
garden state.

i really like this movie. the whole thing is so awkward, it reminds me of when i go to the hometown...

natalie portman is hot, and plays the character well. it's an independent film written and directed by zach braff from scrubs. the music is good too, i have the soundtrack and listen to it when i wanna be super mellow.

watch it.

8/10

natalie portman. . . . . :drool:

shank
02-21-2008, 12:02 AM
natalie portman. . . . . :drool:

have you seen it? her character is weird in a way that makes her really desirable (to me at least).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WNnyNbYVm0g

dogfish
02-21-2008, 12:15 AM
have you seen it? her character is weird in a way that makes her really desirable (to me at least).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WNnyNbYVm0g

yea, i liked it. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
02-22-2008, 11:18 PM
It's not a new movie, but I was just watching Blade: Trilogy on TNT.....seen it before....give it a 7/10....still like the first best.

Anyway that's not the point of the post.....this is.

Why does the Police Captian/Seargant whatever have a pierced nose? How many Captians/Seargants have YOU seen wearing ANY body piercings? Sure they may have them....but have you seen them wearing them on duty? Not that it's important, I just found it odd that someone of that status would be wearing a nose piercing. :confused:

Not that I'm against them....I have one....did it myself with a saftey pin in '97:eek: wow 10 years ago......doesn't feel that long....:shocked:

PEACE!!!

shank
02-23-2008, 03:00 AM
watched 2 movies today, 1 for the 2nd time.

Fletch: this is a terrible movie, but it has some classic one-liners and chevy chase near the top of his game. the female lead is def hot as hell too, esp for the 80s or whenever that movie was made. I've seen fletch twice, and i'm sure i'll see it again.

7/10

History of the World Part I: this movie was ok. there was definitley some funny parts, and i recently became a history minor, so some of the jokes are funnier if you actually know the real history of what they are making fun of. mel brooks is pretty damned good, but there was a lot of humor a little old for my 20-year-old-taste.

6.5/10

dogfish
02-23-2008, 03:10 AM
shank, if you liked garden state, you need to see beautiful girls. . . .

shank
02-23-2008, 03:23 AM
shank, if you liked garden state, you need to see beautiful girls. . . .

quick imdb search tells me that rosie o'donnell is in it... time for you to convince me to add it to my netflix lol

dogfish
02-23-2008, 03:31 AM
quick imdb search tells me that rosie o'donnell is in it... time for you to convince me to add it to my netflix lol

the cast includes matt damon, max perlich, uma thurmon, noah emmerich, mira sorvino, lauren holly, michael rappaport, timothy hutton-- and a very young natalie portman. . . . like, too young to lust after natalie portman (her character is 13)-- but they lust after her anyways, and make jokes about being creepy old men. . . . :lol:

the cast is obviously large and rather diverse, but they work really well together. . . thematically it's nothing special-- another coming home, coming-of-age type of story-- but i think it's funny and really entertaining. . . the dialogue is very realistic (and amusing), and the characters all have plenty of flaws to develop. . .

"a beautiful girl can make you feel dizzy like you've been drinkin' jack and coke all morning!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTbFe9l3G5c)

"i am now going to check your freezer for human heads". . . .

shank
02-23-2008, 03:43 AM
the cast includes matt damon, max perlich, uma thurmon, noah emmerich, mira sorvino, lauren holly, michael rappaport, timothy hutton-- and a very young natalie portman. . . . like, too young to lust after natalie portman (her character is 13)-- but they lust after her anyways, and make jokes about being creepy old men. . . . :lol:

the cast is obviously large and rather diverse, but they work really well together. . . thematically it's nothing special-- another coming home, coming-of-age type of story-- but i think it's funny and really entertaining. . . the dialogue is very realistic (and amusing), and the characters all have plenty of flaws to develop. . .

"a beautiful girl can make you feel dizzy like you've been drinkin' jack and coke all morning!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTbFe9l3G5c)

"i am now going to check your freezer for human heads". . . .

ok. sold. going on the netflix and i'll get back to you. thanks for the recommendation dogfish:salute:

dogfish
02-23-2008, 03:53 AM
ok. sold. going on the netflix and i'll get back to you. thanks for the recommendation dogfish:salute:

no prob-- let me know what you think of it. . . .

Broncospsycho77
02-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Across the Universe - 6.5/10

This movie was weird. Basically, if you put the Beatle's songs in order from pre-drugs to drug era to post-drugs, and then formed a plot around them, then you would have this. Pretty decent subplots with each of the characters, but the story wasn't memorable by any stretch of the imagination.

However, the singing of the Beatles' songs, in a variety of genres, was by far the best part. Each character (or singer to correspond to that actor) had some pipes, and the music was all around strong.

claymore
02-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Across the Universe - 6.5/10

This movie was weird. Basically, if you put the Beatle's songs in order from pre-drugs to drug era to post-drugs, and then formed a plot around them, then you would have this. Pretty decent subplots with each of the characters, but the story wasn't memorable by any stretch of the imagination.

However, the singing of the Beatles' songs, in a variety of genres, was by far the best part. Each character (or singer to correspond to that actor) had some pipes, and the music was all around strong.
Thanks for the review. The old lady wants me to watch it with her. Im kinda dreading it. But Hair (the musical) is one of my favorite movies.

Broncospsycho77
02-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the review. The old lady wants me to watch it with her. Im kinda dreading it. But Hair (the musical) is one of my favorite movies.

You won't hate it, especially if you like the Beatles. But you probably won't really like it either.

shank
02-24-2008, 03:31 AM
watched running man today. arnold rules, it's as simple as that. this movie is awesome, but the stupid chick is annoying and pretty retarded.

who'd of thought that arnold and jesse would both become governors lol!

7/10