PDA

View Full Version : Moss still trying to get used to hand in a cast

Lonestar
08-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Moss still trying to get used to hand in a cast
The Denver Post
POSTED: 08/20/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Jarvis Moss would rather not play with one hand behind his back. So he is trying to get used to playing with a protective cast on his fractured left hand. Moss, who returned to practice this week, isn't sure if he will play Saturday night against the Detroit Lions.

"The doctor said it's fine, it's well to go," Moss said. "But it's kind of mental, (to) just get out there and having the courage to put it on somebody . . . learn that it's fine."

When Elvis Dumervil suffered his chest injury, it was Moss who quickly moved into Dumervil's right outside linebacker spot. However, almost as soon as Moss entered the starting lineup, he was forced off the field after breaking a bone in his left hand.

He had surgery to repair it, missing several days of practice as well as the Broncos' preseason opener at Cincinnati this past Sunday night.
"If it ain't one thing, it's another," Moss said. "It was a little minor setback."

After Thursday's practice, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels wasn't ready to commit to Moss or any of the other injured players to play against the Lions.

"We're just going to see in the next 24, 36 hours how all of them respond to the treatment they're getting," McDaniels said. "We'll make the best decision for the team going forward. If they're healthy and it's not a risk, then we'll go ahead and play them."

"I kind of like having (the cast) on, swinging it around," Moss said. "Just try to get used to it."

Don't let up.

Though there was some celebration at the "end" of training camp Thursday, the team still has three preseason games, two roster cut dates and 24 days until it opens the season at Jacksonville.

"We still have a long way to go before we start the regular season," McDaniels said. "Our goal is to be ready to play well early in the year and start the year off with the big things being positive for us."

The Broncos started 6-0 last season before fading to 2-8 over their final 10 games.
Footnotes.

The Broncos signed defensive lineman Jason Hunter, who started nine games for the Lions last season. The team had a roster spot open when the Broncos released center Justin Fry on Wednesday. . . . Cornerback Champ Bailey was held out of practice. Rookie Perrish Cox worked in Bailey's left cornerback spot. Bailey has been in the Broncos' facility working out, but his injury is undisclosed. He has had shoulder and groin troubles in recent years. . . . Tight end Daniel Graham, who took a big hit on the back of his head/neck late in the first quarter Sunday night, also did not practice. . . . Guard Chris Kuper (ankle) left Wednesday's practice early and did not practice Thursday.

Jeff Legwold, The Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15834782

BigDaddyBronco
08-20-2010, 03:49 PM
"The doctor said it's fine, it's well to go," Moss said. "But it's kind of mental, (to) just get out there and having the courage to put it on somebody . . . learn that it's fine."

LOL, Moss talking about courage.

Lonestar
08-20-2010, 04:14 PM

he is in a contract year time for him to step UP.. just maybe he is worth a crap time will tell.

right now not many other options for us.

SOCALORADO.
08-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Moss still trying to get used to playing football at NFL level.

dogfish
08-20-2010, 10:58 PM

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8726/32735cowardlylion.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/32735cowardlylion.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Bosco
08-20-2010, 11:35 PM

I don't know why that would be funny. This is a guy who lost a good portion of his high school and college football career to an undiagnosed staph infection. After that was cleared up, he broke his leg during what was shaping up to be a pretty decent rookie season, spent his 2nd season in Bob Slowik purgatory and had to fight just to earn a roster spot in his 3rd season.

There are alot of gripes you can have with Jarvis Moss, but the guy's been dealt a pretty shitty deck thus far and continues to press on. I think that at least makes him worthy of respect.

PAINTERDAVE
08-21-2010, 02:08 AM
I am pulling for the guy.
I love the Broncos... he's a bronco.

Bosco... you put it in perspective...
I had no idea that it had been that tough on dude.

I hope he has a good year.