PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Detroit Saturday night

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2010, 02:27 PM
It appears that the game will not be carried by NFL Network, and only carried by cbs4 locally.

If that is correct, for those who can not get the game on cbs4, you need to start checking for other means to watch the game.

NightTrainLayne
08-20-2010, 02:34 PM
I already checked. NFL Network is re-airing it at 12:00PM CST on Sunday afternoon.

So, it will be like a normal noon Sunday game if you are not in the Denver market.

Italianmobstr7
08-20-2010, 03:51 PM
I'll be watching on the computer! Then rewatch it when it's aired on NFLN.

Nomad
08-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I already checked. NFL Network is re-airing it at 12:00PM CST on Sunday afternoon.

So, it will be like a normal noon Sunday game if you are not in the Denver market.

I'll go this route too for this weekends game. And during the regular season when a game's not on then it'll give me a good reason to take my sons hunting!! The computer is too much a PITA because the games eventually get shut off/hesitations/delays....Sunday night highlights!!

I Eat Staples
08-20-2010, 04:57 PM
I can only watch games on the computer, as I don't have Sunday Ticket OR NFLN and I don't live in Denver. Sucks, I can't watch in high quality.

broncobryce
08-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I moved and Direct TV is not available here in the apartments but cable is free. But no NFL network. I'll be watching on the computer.:tsk:

DenBronx
08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Does anyone have a link for the live stream on the web?

I'll watch it Sunday on NFL but prefer to see it live.

Italianmobstr7
08-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Also, I'd just like to say Thank GOD for Directv Sunday Ticket! I haven't missed a game in a very long time (not a regular season one or playoff one) and thanks to Directv I never have to. Just wish they'd carry the preseason games WITH The ticket and not charge extra to watch it on the computer..

DenBronx
08-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Also, I'd just like to say Thank GOD for Directv Sunday Ticket! I haven't missed a game in a very long time (not a regular season one or playoff one) and thanks to Directv I never have to. Just wish they'd carry the preseason games WITH The ticket and not charge extra to watch it on the computer..

I just checked and it's $40 if you want to sign up to see the whole preseason online. I too have the ticket and think it should be included. Noway am I paying that. Just wait a day and the re-air it anyway.

Justin TV, SopCast or TVU should have it anyway for free. Just a little choppy though. If anyone has the link please post it.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2010, 06:17 PM
For those who need to watch the game live online, may want to check out the following thread:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157774

Jagsbch
08-21-2010, 04:50 AM
Ten things to watch in Saturday's Lions game
Tim Twentyman / The Detroit News
With the first set of roster cuts looming (Sept. 1), tonight's exhibition against the Broncos is another opportunity for players on the bubble to make an impression.

There weren't a lot of positives to take away from last week's 23-7 loss to the Steelers, and coach Jim Schwartz and Co. are looking for a better all-around effort tonight.

"I think that a lot of the same areas we were looking (at) before -- I think special teams are going to be very, very important, including returners," Schwartz said about what he's looking for in the Lions' second exhibition. "Again, we're not in the game-plan mode. ... We're in training camp mode and we want to see an extension of training camp. We want to see players win, we don't want to see scheme win."

1. Can the first-team offense and defense continue to impress?

 QB Matthew Stafford led the Lions on an 11-play, 68-yard drive that culminated in a 2-yard scoring strike to WR Calvin Johnson on the third series.

 Stafford dissected the Steelers secondary, finishing 8-for-11 for 61 yards, a TD and an INT.

 In addition, the line protected Stafford and opened holes for the running game behind Jahvid Best .

 The defense had little trouble getting to QB Byron Leftwich (DE Cliff Avril had a sack and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch had multiple hurries).

 The starting unit also stymied the Steelers running game, limiting RB Rashard Mendenhall to two yards on five carries.

 The Broncos are balanced on offense, but didn't do a great job protecting QB Kyle Orton in 2009 (allowed 34 sacks).

2. Is the offensive line that good?

 "I like the signs that we've shown," coach Jim Schwartz said about the play upfront. "I think that we're a lot more settled than we've been in the year and a half that I've been here, but proof is in the pudding and we need to really do that in real games."

 The Broncos, like the Steelers, have a good defensive line that can put pressure on the quarterback. If the unit can protect the way they did last week, the Lions might be onto something.

3. What kind of attention will Ndamukong Suh face?

 Lions coach Jim Schwartz wasn't surprised the Steelers decided to double-team the big defensive tackle -- even if he is a rookie.

 It's obvious Suh has entered the league with a reputation -- being the No. 2 pick in the draft can do that -- and teams aren't going to let him beat them.

 That's fine by the Lions. The double teams Suh faced last week allowed Cliff Avril , Kyle Vanden Bosch and Corey Williams one-on-one matchups.

4. Can the Lions find a way to get Jahvid Best in the open field?

 RB Jahvid Best had six rushes for 29 yards (4.8 avg.) last week, including a 15-yard scamper around left tackle that showcased his 4.3 speed.

 Best is electric in the open field, and offensive coordinator Scott Linehan needs to find creative ways to get him out there.

5. Can the special teams be special?

 Aaron Brown wasn't bad (30-yard avg.) returning kickoffs vs. the Steelers.

 But punt returns are an issue.

 The Lions have some veteran players such as Dennis Northcutt and Nate Burleson that can do it, but they'd prefer a younger player (Derrick Williams ?) to step up and seize the job.

 "I think special teams are going to be very, very important, including returners," coach Jim Schwartz said of one of his keys tonight." Kickoff and punt return, I think we're going to need to really do a good job of putting guys in positions and maybe creating some positions to put them in."

6. Who begins to emerge at receiver outside the big three (Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Bryant Johnson)?

 The team likely will keep five receivers -- so who are the remaining two?

 Derrick Williams , Tim Toone and Dennis Northcutt all help their chances by being involved on special teams.

 Eric Fowler made the transition from the practice squad to the active roster because of injuries, and he's been OK.

 Tonight is another chance for someone to step ahead of the pack.

7. Does the depleted secondary stand a chance?

 The injury report for the secondary is almost as long as a grocery list for a family of five.

 CBs Jonathan Wade (broken finger), Aaron Berry (hamstring) and Jack Williams (knee) are out.

 CB Dre Bly (quadriceps tightness) and S Louis Delmas (groin) and Ko Simpson (knee) essentially are game-time decisions.

 At some point, the Lions need to get their four starters on the field playing together if they ever want to become a cohesive unit.

 The Broncos don't have the most potent pass attack in the NFL, which could be a good thing for the Lions tonight.

8. Will RB Kevin Smith or TE Brandon Pettigrew play, and how effective will they be?

 Both are available tonight, but that doesn't mean they'll play.

 Coach Jim Schwartz said this week both have a "chance" to play, but he's not deviating from the plan of bringing them along slowly.

9. Will Tim Tebow play?

 Maybe not.

 The rookie quarterback hasn't figured out he's not at Florida anymore and he can't just go leaping into NFL linebackers.

 Tebow went airborne at the goal line the final play of the Broncos' first exhibition against the Bengals last week, where he met LB Abdul Hodge and S Kyries Hebert . Tebow got into the end zone, but it appears Hodge and Herbert got enough of Tebow's ribs to put his availability tonight into question.

 Tebow has missed practice this week and is reportedly wearing a flak jacket when he does practice.

10. Will the linebackers play better?

 In his first action as a starter last week, OLB Zack Follett didn't impress. In fact, Steelers QB Dennis Dixon made him look especially silly in the open field one play.

 Follett needs to play better tonight.

 Second-year MLB DeAndre Levy could play, but it's not a guarantee. That means Vinny Ciurciu , Landon Johnson , Caleb Campbell and Isaiah Ekejiuba will have to hold down the fort.

The Detroit News: (http://www.detnews.com/article/20100821/SPORTS0101/8210327/Ten-things-to-watch-in-Saturday-s-Lions-game#ixzz0xETkWDdF)