PDA

View Full Version : Generation Kill

Buff
07-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Did anyone watch the premier of this on HBO last night?

It's a miniseries about Marines in Baghdad, from the creator of the Wire, based on a Rolling Stone writer's book about being imbedded.

I'm not sure what I think yet... My initial impression is that they should stick to the dialogue (its strong point), and get away from the half-assed special effects that make it seem a little hoakie. So far so good though, I'm interested to see how things unfold.

Tned
07-14-2008, 07:07 PM
I was curious, but didn't set it up to record, so I am going to try and connect via my slingbox (i'm in Germany at the moment) to record a repeat of the first episode.

BigDaddyBronco
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I watched the rerun tonight. Not half bad. From what I understand they got a real Marine as a technical advisor. We'll see what Davii says.

Tned
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I watched the rerun tonight. Not half bad. From what I understand they got a real Marine as a technical advisor. We'll see what Davii says.

So, Davii, did you watch it?

Buff
08-10-2008, 09:58 PM

Yeah, I guess the guy who plays Rudi is a real marine too...

I'm wondering how accurate it is, because it kind of portrays the war as a giant cluster-****.