View Full Version : Alan Roach

girler
07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
COM-PLETE: Roach in for Broncos games
By Nick Groke
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 07/14/2008 04:42:38 PM MDT

Denver Broncos

As one of few holdovers from the days the beams shook at Mile High Stadium, announcer Alan Cass was a familiar — and often infuriating — voice of the Denver Broncos.

Cass, the Broncos' long-time public address announcer known for his prodding calls of "IN-COM-PLETE" after visiting team's dropped passes, retired after Denver's final home game last season.

He was replaced in the booth Monday by Alan Roach, the gruff-pitched Colorado Avalanche announcer and former Colorado Rockies PA man.

A veteran of three Super Bowls and two Olympic games who has announced for nearly all the pro sports teams in Denver, Roach will move from the sidelines to the press box. He has worked as an on-field reporter for KOA 850-AM broadcasts since 2000.

"To be a chapter in the Broncos' history book is pretty humbling," Roach said.

Asked if he will continue the "IN-COM-PLETE" chants, Roach said: "I don't know the answer to that. Whether it goes out as an Alan Cass tradition or remains a Broncos tradition, I guess we'll see."

Cass started calling Broncos games in 1988 and worked more than 180 consecutive games over 19 seasons before a case of the West Nile virus sidelined him for part of the 2007 season. In Cass' absence last season, Roach filled in.

Cass also has been announcer for University of Colorado football games since 1981 and will continue doing Buffs game next season.

Nick Groke: 303-954-1015 or ngroke@denverpost.com

I LOVE Alan Roach! His voice melts like butter! ;)

Calif. Bronco
07-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I know it's corny... I know it annoys some... but... I really hope they he keeps the "in-com-plete" chant alive :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-14-2008, 06:35 PM

He definitely is good. I would assume there will be no conflicts with the Avs home games, as he does that also. All I know is - he had better continue with IN-COM-PLETE!!!!!!!

Buff
07-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I really like Alan Roach... But I was particularly fond of Cass because he did all the Buffs home games while I was there... I'm glad that's not changing.

I'm not very big on the In-Com-Plete chant... Seems kind of amateur to me, I wouldn't mind if it died off.

studbucket
07-15-2008, 11:24 AM
I know it's corny... I know it annoys some... but... I really hope they he keeps the "in-com-plete" chant alive :beer:

I hope so too!

My very first Broncos game turned out to be Cass's last game, but I definitely enjoyed the IN-COM-PLETE chant. It was something fun we got into. It adds some flavor to the crowd, which was pretty lame overall :(

Traveler
07-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm not very big on the In-Com-Plete chant... Seems kind of amateur to me, I wouldn't mind if it died off.

Please kill the chant! It's so corny and old.

Fan in Exile
07-15-2008, 12:42 PM
I love the chant, there's nothing like ripping on the opposition for failing. If it goes something had better replace it.

Broncos Mtnman
07-15-2008, 09:13 PM
He's got a great voice.

And to those who don't like in-com-plete...... tough!!

It's original to Denver (unlike the "first-down" chant that about half of the stadiums do) and it will stay, I guarantee it.

I was at the game that "originated" that chant (against KC) and all I know is that Grbac said it drove him nuts.

Long live IN-COM-PLETE!!

:beer:

girler
07-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I used to listen to Alan Roach on 103.5 the Fox. His voice is beautiful.

And I bet the In-Com-Plete will stay. Even my kids say it along with the crowd on TV.

Broncos Mtnman
07-15-2008, 09:50 PM

http://oybay.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/snl101myersrichman010704.jpg
I LOVE Alan Roach! His voice is like BUDDAH!

Broncos Mtnman
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
He's got a great voice.

And to those who don't like in-com-plete...... tough!!

It's original to Denver (unlike the "first-down" chant that about half of the stadiums do) and it will stay, I guarantee it.

I was at the game that "originated" that chant (against KC) and all I know is that Grbac said it drove him nuts.

Long live IN-COM-PLETE!!

:beer:

http://www.duq.edu/facultyhome/fredbortz/KidSciBooks/lindar.jpeg
Whenever I hear in-com-plete, I get a little verklempt! Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic. An NFL quarterback is neither a quarter or a back..... Discuss

schnooks1
07-16-2008, 05:39 AM
I love the chant... our child could do it when she was two. My husband bought her a vikings outfit when she that age:tsk: and while she was wearing it for a 'vikings game'... whenever they would miss a pass she would yell the In-com-plete and I died laughing. (hubby was a little p-turbed!) but it was priceless!

threefolddead
07-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Keep the chant! Apposing players and fans hate it! Nothing makes me happier than whooping on the Chiefs and calling my uncle and the one thing he whines about the most is "Why do you guys have that horrible chant" blah blah blah. Brings a smile to my face every time.

GEM
07-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I hope so too!

My very first Broncos game turned out to be Cass's last game, but I definitely enjoyed the IN-COM-PLETE chant. It was something fun we got into. It adds some flavor to the crowd, which was pretty lame overall :(

I was at the game as well. When you have opponents fans from all over asking what the hell that chant is...it's a good thing! :D

NightTrainLayne
07-16-2008, 09:40 AM
I was at the game as well. When you have opponents fans from all over asking what the hell that chant is...it's a good thing! :D

I'm a goober, but I like it too.

It can't help but get in a team/QB's head when they have an incomplete pass on 2nd and long, and hear that just before they have to try and convert on 3rd and long. Plus it's an easy way to get the crowd involved in the game and making noise while our defense is on the field.