PDA

View Full Version : Trainer checks Tebow; Tebow leaves practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2010, 05:35 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/18/trainer-checks-tebow-tebow-leaves-practice/4564/

At practice Wednesday afternoon, Broncos trainer Steve “Greek” Antonopulos came up to Tim Tebow and started consulting with the rookie quarterback.

After their talk, Tebow seemed to be holding his left ribs or left abdomen and jogged off to the locker room. He has yet to return. Tebow took several hits in the preseason game Sunday at Cincinnati. He was also involved in a violent collision at the goal line while diving for a touchdown on the game’s final play.

Tebow has has been wearing a flak-jacket padding device around his ribs this week. He didn’t participate in post-practice conditioning sprints Tuesday. This is significant as he has won every post-practice conditioning sprint among offensive players in training camp (Air Force’s Ben Garland) wins every defensive sprint).

Jagsbch
08-18-2010, 05:49 PM
When I saw the hit in the endzone all I could think about was how long it took my rib injury to heal. He took a knarly shot to the ribs for that TD.

When he got up afterward you could tell by the way the players surrounded him and where talking to him, that he was grimising in pain. Tebow got hurt.

He took a direct shot to his right ribs from Kyries Hebert who pushed his shoulders right through his ribs.

Kyries stayed on the field for a good spell after the hit, and Tebow walked away gingerly as well.

Now tebow may not have broken his ribs, but you don;t have to break your ribs for them to bother you for weeks. Good thing it is his right side and not his left is all I can say. he took one hell of a shot let me tell ya.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
08-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Hopefully the worst he's got are bruised ribs, one of my training partners just got cracked ribs yesterday from training and he can barely lift stuff at work now.

Jagsbch
08-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Bruised ribs suck.

So I am hanging here with my daugters boy friend who is from the mountains and he tells me that that the high altitude is also going to impact Tebows injury given how much harder he has to breathas a result of having to get accustomed to the thin air.

Good thing he has that Hyperbaric chamber.:beer:

Northman
08-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I admire his courage but he will need to realize that the guys in the NFL hit a lot harder than they do in College.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Bruised ribs suck.

So I am hanging here with my daugters boy friend who is from the mountains and he tells me that that the high altitude is also going to impact Tebows injury given how much harder he has to breathas a result of having to get accustomed to the thin air.

Good thing he has that Hyperbaric chamber.:beer:

I would think after all the time he has been here practicing/training, he would be used to the altitude by now.

GGMoogly
08-18-2010, 06:04 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/abramsv/SGRUGkphHjI/AAAAAAAAUh8/6WkRiKbJxSM/s800/042_pics.jpg

GGMoogly
08-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I hope I'm not overreacting...
;)

underrated29
08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I admire his courage but he will need to realize that the guys in the NFL hit a lot harder than they do in College.

Yeah, or maybe just not take on 2 defenders, one of which happens to be a LB or S with a running head start. I dont think this will change his game any and he can truck over one guy fine, but two is probably a bit much.

T.K.O.
08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
TIM TEBOW does NOT walk gingerly !:laugh:

slim
08-18-2010, 06:08 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/abramsv/SGRUGkphHjI/AAAAAAAAUh8/6WkRiKbJxSM/s800/042_pics.jpg

That is strangely erotic.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2010, 06:09 PM

You said the same thing that Mark Schlereth (Stink) said a little bit ago, that Tim needs to realize that in the NFL, he will be getting hit by full grown men.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2010, 06:14 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/18/it-appears-abdul-hodge-gave-tebow-first-injury/4573/

Going back and looking at the replay a couple times on Tim Tebow’s touchdown run on the final play of the Broncos’ preseason game Sunday at Cincinnati, it appears he suffered a rib injury after taking a blow from Bengals linebacker Abdul Hodge.

Tebow was actually sandwiched on the play, getting hit on the left ribs by Hodge, who made contract with his helmet, and then on the right side by safety Kyries Hebert. Hodge slammed into Tebow, whose body ricocheted into Hebert just as Hebert was about to deliver his blow on the quarterback. Hebert needed a few seconds to get up.

Tebow was holding his left side as he walked off the practice field Wednesday. The injury does not appear to be serious _ Tebow participated in two practices Tuesday, although he was wearing a flak jacket in the afternoon practice. He did not join the team in the post-workout conditioning sprints.

Tebow was out for the start of practice Wednesday, but about 15 minutes in counseled with head trainer Steve “Greek’ Antonopulos, then headed for the locker room.

topscribe
08-18-2010, 06:16 PM
You said the same thing that Mark Schlereth (Stink) said a little bit ago, that Tim needs to realize that in the NFL, he will be getting hit by full grown men.

One columnist wrote yesterday that Tebow can't be corralled too much on the
way he plays football because it would take away from his "Tebow-magic."
Something like that.

The only problem is, if he continues to play QB like a FB, he will have a short
career. Tebow has got to learn to play QB like a QB: in the pocket: become a
better pocket-passer and go down when he's about to be hit. I hope for his
sake he learns to do that . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2010, 06:19 PM
I would imagine, right now, it might be a stretch for him to play Saturday night.

Jagsbch
08-18-2010, 06:32 PM
I would think after all the time he has been here practicing/training, he would be used to the altitude by now.

From what I gather peoples lungs in high altitude climate are bigger than those of us down here at sea level, where tebow just was.

Folks in this forum ought to know right?, So how long does it take to acclimate to the atmospheric condition of high altitude? 3 months? That does not seem like enough time to me...

T.K.O.
08-18-2010, 06:38 PM
From what I gather peoples lungs in high altitude climate are bigger than those of us down here at sea level, where tebow just was.

Folks in this forum ought to know right?, So how long does it take to acclimate to the atmospheric condition of high altitude? 3 months? That does not seem like enough time to me...

i have heard it typically takes 2-3 weeks

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2010, 06:40 PM

http://www.highaltitudelife.com/physical.htm

Physical Adaptations
It takes between 2 weeks and 2 months for your body to adapt to living at higher altitude. Most of it happens without an individual even being aware of the changes.

When a child is born at higher altitude, their lungs naturally grow larger to accommodate the need for increased oxygen. At very high altitudes, this results in a more "barrel chest" appearance, because the rib cage also grows a bit wider.

When someone whose lungs are fully developed moves to higher altitudes, their body no longer has the capacity to do that. Nature provides another way to adapt, and their body produces additional red blood cells to carry oxygen more efficiently. Within 2 months of moving to a higher altitude, your body has adjusted to the change.

Jagsbch
08-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I read this stuff on the Orangemane and thought it was funny:D

Darn, who going to hold the clip board now?

How could god allow this

I blame Allah for all things bad

silkamilkamonico
08-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Tim Tebow does not get hurt.

I think he's faking to get out of conditioning.

broncobryce
08-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Mcdaniels said earlier he expects Tebow to play about as much as he did in the first game.

silkamilkamonico
08-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Mcdaniels said earlier he expects Tebow to play about as much as he did in the first game.

It's a tough situation. Do you protect your invested asset in Tebow, or do you give him the chance to win the backup position?

JaxBroncoGirl
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM

With all due respect, Tim was raised in the south, I hardly think within a few months anyone would adjust to the conditions in Denver especially in the role of an athlete. Tim is use to being hit and hit hard. Let us take a wait and see approach, just like we are doing with the QB situation. I would like to see more throwing from Tim in the NFL because the hits are harder, but I guess we will have to see..............Go Broncos!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
It's a tough situation. Do you protect your invested asset in Tebow, or do you give him the chance to win the backup position?

Unless the soreness is gone, I would think it would be better for him not to play Saturday, as there are 2 more preseason games after that one, plus practices.

dogfish
08-18-2010, 08:00 PM

*scoffs*

more like guys in the NFL are going to have to realize that tebow hits harder. . .

broncophan
08-18-2010, 08:05 PM
http://www.highaltitudelife.com/physical.htm

Physical Adaptations
It takes between 2 weeks and 2 months for your body to adapt to living at higher altitude. Most of it happens without an individual even being aware of the changes.

When a child is born at higher altitude, their lungs naturally grow larger to accommodate the need for increased oxygen. At very high altitudes, this results in a more "barrel chest" appearance, because the rib cage also grows a bit wider.

When someone whose lungs are fully developed moves to higher altitudes, their body no longer has the capacity to do that. Nature provides another way to adapt, and their body produces additional red blood cells to carry oxygen more efficiently. Within 2 months of moving to a higher altitude, your body has adjusted to the change.

I have heard that Tebow smokes 2 packs of cigarettes a day......which doesn't help him adjust to the altitude...

just kidding........:D

topscribe
08-18-2010, 08:09 PM
*scoffs*

more like guys in the NFL are going to have to realize that tebow hits harder. . .

Some of those guys may be willing to deal with those hits if it puts him out of commission . . .

-----

dogfish
08-18-2010, 08:12 PM
The only problem is, if he continues to play QB like a FB, he will have a short
career. Tebow has got to learn to play QB like a QB: in the pocket: become a
better pocket-passer and go down when he's about to be hit. I hope for his
sake he learns to do that . . .

-----

i hope for our sake that he doesn't. . .

protect the ball? absolutely. . . go turtle and fall on his back in the fetal position the instant the rush clears the line, the way orton does? he better not. . . mobility is an enormous part of his game-- along with top intangibles, his size, strength and athleticism are what makes him special. . . IMO, it's one of the main reasons he's a better prospect than claussen or mccoy-- that escapability is pure gold. . . it's one of the top factors that's allowed pitt's offense to be good enough to win two super bowls the past few years. . .

if tebow learns to play tentative, he's ruined. . . naturally you'd prefer him to avoid blatant killshots, but we need a guy who will stand tall in the pocket and deliver the ball, whether he gets popped or not. . . there's something to be said for playing smart, but going down on your own is playing scared. . .

in any case, i believe tim's just too competitive to do that. . . it's not in his DNA. . . hopefully mcD can convince him not to take foolishly unnecessary risks in the preseason, but when the game counts, give me a guy who'll lay everything on the line every time. . . tebow won't go down unless they drag him down, and i love that. . .

towards the end of his time here, i wanted to pummel greasy for the cowardly way he'd toss the ball on the ground like a hot potato rather than take a hit-- pressure came and the dude would pretty much just bail. . . i can't take any more of that fainting goat shit. . .

next time tim finds himself with a LB between him and the end zone, i hope he lowers his shoulder and crushes the guy rather than scampering out of bounds. . .

pnbronco
08-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Please note post 133 in Training Camp thread posted at 10:06 last night.....

Yes Forums you got the first scoop..........:D (well kind of....."The Fan" said it first)

atwater27
08-18-2010, 08:13 PM
That is strangely erotic.

You're a disgusting freak.

dogfish
08-18-2010, 08:16 PM
You're a disgusting freak.

don't you talk to slim like that!

geez, he's sensitive. . .

topscribe
08-18-2010, 08:28 PM
i hope for our sake that he doesn't. . .

protect the ball? absolutely. . . go turtle and fall on his back in the fetal position the instant the rush clears the line, the way orton does? he better not. . . mobility is an enormous part of his game-- along with top intangibles, his size, strength and athleticism are what makes him special. . . IMO, it's one of the main reasons he's a better prospect than claussen or mccoy-- that escapability is pure gold. . . it's one of the top factors that's allowed pitt's offense to be good enough to win two super bowls the past few years. . .

if tebow learns to play tentative, he's ruined. . . naturally you'd prefer him to avoid blatant killshots, but we need a guy who will stand tall in the pocket and deliver the ball, whether he gets popped or not. . . there's something to be said for playing smart, but going down on your own is playing scared. . .

in any case, i believe tim's just too competitive to do that. . . it's not in his DNA. . . hopefully mcD can convince him not to take foolishly unnecessary risks in the preseason, but when the game counts, give me a guy who'll lay everything on the line every time. . . tebow won't go down unless they drag him down, and i love that. . .

towards the end of his time here, i wanted to pummel greasy for the cowardly way he'd toss the ball on the ground like a hot potato rather than take a hit-- pressure came and the dude would pretty much just bail. . . i can't take any more of that fainting goat shit. . .

next time tim finds himself with a LB between him and the end zone, i hope he lowers his shoulder and crushes the guy rather than scampering out of bounds. . .

We might have an ideal situation brewing here for the future . . .

Tebow plays QB for the first 7-8 games until he gets busted up. Then Orton
takes over for the next 8 games or so until he sprains his ankle. Then, if the
Broncos get into the postseason, Tebow takes back over.

Or vice versa.

-----

dogfish
08-18-2010, 10:18 PM
We might have an ideal situation brewing here for the future . . .

Tebow plays QB for the first 7-8 games until he gets busted up. Then Orton
takes over for the next 8 games or so until he sprains his ankle. Then, if the
Broncos get into the postseason, Tebow takes back over.

Or vice versa.

-----

although i'm pretty sure that was said very much tongue in cheek, i'd actually love it if orton would sign a long term deal here in a mentor/backup role. . .

unfortunately, i'm afraid it won't happen-- unless orton really bombs this year, in which case you don't want him back. . . :laugh: i don't think he will, though-- i think he's going to play well enough to earn at least a few short term starting offers, or possibly even a chance to win a starting job outright with a team that doesn't have a stud rookie in place (ala delhomme with the panthers, or plummer here). . .

as long as tebow's progressing, it just doesn't make much sense for the franchise to committ a bunch of money to orton-- not unless he REALLY lights it up this year. . . starting QBs make a lot of money-- even the mediocre ones get paid pretty well. . . better than any organization's going to want to pay a backup, most likely, or a guy who's likely to become a backup in the near future. . .

it's a tough situation for kyle-- unless he can pull a kurt warner (and tebow's no leinart), he's pretty much playing for his next job somewhere else this year. . . not ideal, but it's still a hell of a lot better opportunity than 99.9% of the rest of the world's athletes get. . .

i actually do think he might be the rare guy who could humble himself to stay on as a backup where he used to start-- he got a good taste of it in chicago-- but i doubt the financials will work. . . keeping him for another few years would be a great insurance policy, either as one of the league's best backups, or as a competent starter with experience in our system if the tebow project doesn't go as expected. . .

i'm afraid the timing will prohibit it, though. . . it would've been perfect if he'd had a few years left on his current deal, but hard to see how it's going to happen now. . .

as far as worrying about tebow getting injured, i'm not going to do it. . . it's a real possibility for anyone who goes out there, but it can't be avoided. . . mitigated to some extent, but i myself certainly don't want them trying to change tebow's game too much. . . he's one of the beastliest QBs the league has seen-- let him run around and make plays, it's part of what we drafted him for. . . i believe elway was the most sacked quarterback of all time, but it never changed the way he played the game. . .

give me the guy who's not afraid to put his body in harm's way if that's what it takes to win, and i'm content to let the chips fall where they may. . .

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ja69mTbL388?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ja69mTbL388?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ravage!!!
08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
I have yet to see an incumbent starting QB sign with the team to stay as the back-up. They always go, and the coaches want them to go to eliminate the QB controversy. Aferall, the back-up QB is always the most popular player on the team.

But I was worried about Jagsbch... after reading that Tebow might be injured on his simple run in a pre-season game, I thought that Jags might be staring at the computer screen, hitting refresh at a frantic rate to get the latest on the Tebow watch.

Someone be sure to check on him from time to time..... man-crushes sometimes can take a lot out of a guy.

honz
08-18-2010, 10:59 PM
*scoffs*

That's what she said...

dogfish
08-18-2010, 11:08 PM
That's what she said...

and her. . .

underrated29
08-18-2010, 11:26 PM
And him. . . .

(It's not gay if it's with Tebow)

dogfish
08-18-2010, 11:27 PM
posted in the PFT comments section:

Only through the Rib of Tebow can a woman be fashioned fine enough for the anointed one.

The minor irritation of a removed rib will be more than made up for by the creation of Shebow.

G_Money
08-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Tebow has has been wearing a flak-jacket padding device around his ribs this week.

Tebow should wear that every week. John used to practically sleep with that thing on after he got used to it, and they've gotten better since then. Tim's gonna take hits.

If you know you're gonna take hits because you aren't as fast with your reads as you need to be and you run down hill like an angry yeti in a bull stampede, then protect yourself.

Better he learn that lesson early.

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2010, 10:32 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15820757

Rookie must understand when to use warrior mentality

All that was missing when Tim Tebow took off running on the final play of the game was significance.

Otherwise, it could have been the conclusion of the "The Longest 7 Yards," in which the star made a heroic dive, on the final play of the game, scored the touchdown with no time left on the clock, and slowly got up — battered, bruised and victorious.

Only in real life, nobody lifted the hero upon their shoulders and carried him off the field.

Tebow's touchdown would not turn Broncos defeat into victory. Victory would not give the Broncos a Super Bowl title.

Yet, all that is good about the Broncos' rookie quarterback, and maybe a little of what is a concern, converged on that final play that left him with bruised ribs that forced him to leave the practice field Wednesday.

Tebow had a choice: Fly headfirst across the goal line, increasing the chances of a touchdown even if it increased the risk of injury. The Broncos would still lose the preseason game, 33-24.

Or, Tebow could have protected himself against collision while still trying to score, even if a duck, or cut, or finesse maneuver would have diminished the odds of a touchdown. And the Broncos still would have lost the still-meaningless preseason game.

Choice? Everybody knows Tebow, by now. What choice?

"That's what you like about him," Broncos linebacker Mario Haggan said. "There was no choice to be made — you go for pay dirt."

Tebow kamikaze'd his way in while taking a running helmet blast to the left ribs from Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Abdul Hodge. A split second after Hodge's blow, Tebow ricocheted into safety Kyries Hebert, who was moving in for a tackle from the quarterback's right side.

Touchdown. Bruised ribs from Hodge's slam, the painful impact of which grew worse Wednesday.

"They always talk about the 'welcome to the NFL' hit," Broncos right tackle Ryan Harris said. "You've got to get your pads firmed up when you start off in the NFL. I think he had an opportunity to do that."

The injury is not what football players would characterize as serious. If the game this Saturday night against the Lions at Invesco Field were the first of the regular season, Tebow most likely would play.

"I'm pretty sure that's not his first one," Broncos cornerback Andre Goodman said. "I think he'll be fine."

But because Saturday is the Broncos' second preseason game, and it seems the team has plans for Tebow during the regular season, his playing status may be in question.

It would not be in question if left up to Tebow. Then again, the raw talent from the University of Florida has so much to learn about playing NFL quarterback, he doesn't even know what he doesn't know.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels addressed the media before practice Wednesday, not after, when the extent of Tebow's injury was realized. Tebow had participated in two practices Tuesday — two days after taking the hit from Hodge — although he did not participate in the postworkout conditioning sprints.

There was some significance in this because Tebow had never lost a conditioning sprint among offensive players during training camp.

Tebow walked out for the start of practice Wednesday, but about 15 minutes in he consulted with trainer Steve "Greek" Antonopulos. Tebow was clutching his left rib-cage area, then ran into the locker room.

It's not so much the rib injury that causes concern, but whether Tebow's physical brand of play will lead to more injuries.

"He has a warrior's mentality," Broncos safety Brian Dawkins said. "Which is good, but at the same time, being able to decipher when and when not to. Hopefully he won't have to learn the hard, hard way."

SOCALORADO.
08-19-2010, 10:46 AM

All that was missing when Tim Tebow took off running on the final play of the game was significance.

Otherwise, it could have been the conclusion of the "The Longest 7 Yards," in which the star made a heroic dive, on the final play of the game, scored the touchdown with no time left on the clock, and slowly got up — battered, bruised and victorious.

Only in real life, nobody lifted the hero upon their shoulders and carried him off the field.

Tebow's touchdown would not turn Broncos defeat into victory. Victory would not give the Broncos a Super Bowl title.

Yet, all that is good about the Broncos' rookie quarterback, and maybe a little of what is a concern, converged on that final play that left him with bruised ribs that forced him to leave the practice field Wednesday.

Tebow had a choice: Fly headfirst across the goal line, increasing the chances of a touchdown even if it increased the risk of injury. The Broncos would still lose the preseason game, 33-24.

Or, Tebow could have protected himself against collision while still trying to score, even if a duck, or cut, or finesse maneuver would have diminished the odds of a touchdown. And the Broncos still would have lost the still-meaningless preseason game.

"That's what you like about him," Broncos linebacker Mario Haggan said. "There was no choice to be made — you go for pay dirt."

Tebow kamikaze'd his way in while taking a running helmet blast to the left ribs from Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Abdul Hodge. A split second after Hodge's blow, Tebow ricocheted into safety Kyries Hebert, who was moving in for a tackle from the quarterback's right side.

Touchdown. Bruised ribs from Hodge's slam, the painful impact of which grew worse Wednesday.

"They always talk about the 'welcome to the NFL' hit," Broncos right tackle Ryan Harris said. "You've got to get your pads firmed up when you start off in the NFL. I think he had an opportunity to do that."

The injury is not what football players would characterize as serious. If the game this Saturday night against the Lions at Invesco Field were the first of the regular season, Tebow most likely would play.

"I'm pretty sure that's not his first one," Broncos cornerback Andre Goodman said. "I think he'll be fine."

But because Saturday is the Broncos' second preseason game, and it seems the team has plans for Tebow during the regular season, his playing status may be in question.

It would not be in question if left up to Tebow. Then again, the raw talent from the University of Florida has so much to learn about playing NFL quarterback, he doesn't even know what he doesn't know.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels addressed the media before practice Wednesday, not after, when the extent of Tebow's injury was realized. Tebow had participated in two practices Tuesday — two days after taking the hit from Hodge — although he did not participate in the postworkout conditioning sprints.

There was some significance in this because Tebow had never lost a conditioning sprint among offensive players during training camp.

Tebow walked out for the start of practice Wednesday, but about 15 minutes in he consulted with trainer Steve "Greek" Antonopulos. Tebow was clutching his left rib-cage area, then ran into the locker room.

It's not so much the rib injury that causes concern, but whether Tebow's physical brand of play will lead to more injuries.

"He has a warrior's mentality," Broncos safety Brian Dawkins said. "Which is good, but at the same time, being able to decipher when and when not to. Hopefully he won't have to learn the hard, hard way."

Its great that it just bruised ribs and he will be fine.
Its also great that veteran players talk about him like hes bad @$$ already!
LOL!:lol:

Italianmobstr7
08-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Sucks that he won't get to play Saturday it looks like. He needs all the reps vs a live defense he can get. Was really hoping he'd get some, especially if we plan on using him in the regular season. He needs to be prepared and missing a preseason game isn't going to help. Oh well though, hopefully he heals up quickly (along with the other 20 injured players on our team) and everyone with the exception of Doom is healthy for the season operner!

Lonestar
08-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Sorry but I have not seen where he was ruled out for the game in that article. Did I miss something?

All it said was he did not win the wind sprints.

And that the veterans really respect the kid and the bar seemed to have been raised on what will be expected to play on his TEAM.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

slim
08-19-2010, 11:40 AM
With all due respect, Tim was raised in the south, I hardly think within a few months anyone would adjust to the conditions in Denver especially in the role of an athlete. Tim is use to being hit and hit hard. Let us take a wait and see approach, just like we are doing with the QB situation. I would like to see more throwing from Tim in the NFL because the hits are harder, but I guess we will have to see..............Go Broncos!

With all due respect, you are wrong.

It takes 2 months (maximum) to adjust to the altitude.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Sorry but I have not seen where he was ruled out for the game in that article. Did I miss something?

All it said was he did not win the wind sprints.

And that the veterans really respect the kid and the bar seemed to have been raised on what will be expected to play on his TEAM.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Although it does not say that he is definitely ruled out, the following is a hint he will not play, at least in the writer's mind:

Sconnie Bronco
08-19-2010, 11:41 AM

What does that writer know about the warriors mentality?

Im so glad Tebow is on the team. How badass is that? He takes a shot in the ribs going in for a TD and then doesnt know he's injured until several days later. And he was still winning the windsprints with dinged up ribs while being new to altitude.

And the cool thing about it, is that guys know he's for real now. It would have been a bunch of hype (and hype only) if he hadnt gone for the score. Now the veterans know he's willing to put it on the line and that he doesnt like backing down...not even in the preseason. When youre a player, you love playing with guys who are willing to lay it on the line.

He may tone it down but the team and the leage has been put on notice that his competitiveness isnt an act.

And had two guys not been converging on him at the same time, he would have probably lowered his shoulder to take on the hit. But since the LB and DB were converging on him, lowering his shoulder on the LB would have exposed him to the DB. I also think that maybe he was hoping the WR that was near the LB would have helped him with a block.

If he would have gone head first, that would have increased the risk of taking a shot to the head. If he would have done the baseball slide, he wouldnt have made it to the endzone.

BigDaddyBronco
08-19-2010, 11:52 AM
If Tebow got a bruised rib in that collision, the Cincinnati player must have died.

topscribe
08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
If Tebow got a bruised rib in that collision, the Cincinnati player must have died.

No, the Cincinnati player came prepared.

He had spare ribs for lunch . . . :pound:

:sorry:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15827695?source=rsssimplepiehome

The Broncos began their final training camp practice this morning without Tim Tebow.

The high-profile rookie quarterback from Florida left practice Wednesday because of soreness from the rib injury he sustained in Sunday's preseason opener at Cincinnati. Bengals linebacker Abdul Hodge crunched Tebow in his left side as Tebow was scrambling for a touchdown on the game's final play.

Under the circumstances, Tebow is unlikely to play in Saturday's preseason game against the visiting Detroit Lions. Coach Josh McDaniels is expected to address Tebow's situation at approximately 10:45 a.m.

Also missing practice were cornerback Champ Bailey, wide receiver Brandon Stokely and tight end Daniel Graham, among others.

The Broncos were in full pads and went through a controlled scrimmage an hour into practice. Starting QB Kyle Orton and backup Brady Quinn produced some long passing plays, but defenders weren't allowed to tackle.

slim
08-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Good, Quinn can use the reps.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2010, 12:48 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

McDaniels would not say if Tebow is in or out for Saturday's game against Detroit. But ... he missed two practices, so my guess is out. 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck