PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight Prologue

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
07-13-2008, 10:54 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MSj2YmeW9w

Looks amazing first 6 minutes!!!!

chanesaw
07-14-2008, 06:13 AM
I first saw that when I watched I Am Legend at the IMAX back in December. I have been dying to see The Dark Knight ever since. I finally get to see it this weekend. I will buy my IMAX tickets sometime this week.

broncogirl7
07-14-2008, 07:53 AM
We'll see it this weekend too and I can't wait!

GEM
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
My sis and her boyfriend are taking me as a late bday present. I absolutely cannot wait! :rockon: I've heard Ledger's joker is a better villain then Hannibal Lector. :D

chanesaw
07-15-2008, 09:50 PM
I have my IMAX tickets now. I am looking forward to Saturday night.

GEM
07-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Got my Imax tix for Monday night. :rockon:

chanesaw
07-17-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm lucky I bought my IMAX tix on Tuesday, my brother tried to buy them today but it is sold out.

Slick
07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
My sis and her boyfriend are taking me as a late bday present. I absolutely cannot wait! :rockon: I've heard Ledger's joker is a better villain then Hannibal Lector. :D

He was excellent GEM. You will not be disappointed.

GEM
07-18-2008, 12:30 PM
He was excellent GEM. You will not be disappointed.

I might go see it before then just because I don't think I can wait until Monday. Is it an ok movie for a 7 and 10 year old?

Slick
07-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I might go see it before then just because I don't think I can wait until Monday. Is it an ok movie for a 7 and 10 year old?

I'm not sure what it's rated as they are different here. I probably wouldn't take the 7 or 10 year old. There's a good bit of violence/killing, not too much bad language, but it's a dark movie. It wasn't at all like watching a superhero movie, it's beyond that.

I'm trying really hard not to spoil. I say don't take the kids. Screen it first.

GEM
07-18-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm not sure what it's rated as they are different here. I probably wouldn't take the 7 or 10 year old. There's a good bit of violence/killing, not too much bad language, but it's a dark movie. It wasn't at all like watching a superhero movie, it's beyond that.

I'm trying really hard not to spoil. I say don't take the kids. Screen it first.

Thanks. :hug: I'm gonna have to hold off til Monday then....:tsk: :laugh:

G_Money
07-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Do NOT take children to this movie. Seriously. Some of the worst stuff happens off camera but it's not a film for the squeamish, and lots of people die.

And it's one of the finest pieces of crime cinema I've seen in a while, with the first two acts being note-perfect - and if Ledger doesn't get Oscar nominated for this I dunno how. His performance is mind-blowing.

~G

claymore
07-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Do NOT take children to this movie. Seriously. Some of the worst stuff happens off camera but it's not a film for the squeamish, and lots of people die.

And it's one of the finest pieces of crime cinema I've seen in a while, with the first two acts being note-perfect - and if Ledger doesn't get Oscar nominated for this I dunno how. His performance is mind-blowing.

~G

Thanks G, I was going to take my son on Wed........

NightTrainLayne
07-21-2008, 03:55 PM

~G

Well-said.

At the showing we were at on Friday night there were a bunch of kids. One "gentleman" had three kids under the age of 10 with him, one about 4 years old.

Great movie, but not for kids at all.

G_Money
07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
If your son is younger than 12-14 then don't. The movie is BLEAK. Even the music is unsettling. The Joker is the personal agent of Chaos and faces get burned, people get killed, there are sobbing widows and screaming kids...

I think we treat kids a little too much like they're breakable these days. My most memorable "kids" movies were the ones with scary crap in em. Neverending story was pretty bleak and that darn wolf scared the bajeezus outta me. Empire strikes back has hand chopping and frozen Han and all sorts of stuff.

This is not those movies. I definitely recommend watching it first and then deciding if watching the R-rated version of the Joker - the REAL Joker, the fiendish Moriarty to Batman's Holmes - is acceptable for your kid.

Because while the rating on this is PG-13, the Joker is not. Some people's kids won't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't take any elementary school kid to it as a general rule.

~G

Lonestar
07-21-2008, 05:49 PM
If your son is younger than 12-14 then don't. The movie is BLEAK. Even the music is unsettling. The Joker is the personal agent of Chaos and faces get burned, people get killed, there are sobbing widows and screaming kids...

I think we treat kids a little too much like they're breakable these days. My most memorable "kids" movies were the ones with scary crap in em. Neverending story was pretty bleak and that darn wolf scared the bajeezus outta me. Empire strikes back has hand chopping and frozen Han and all sorts of stuff.

This is not those movies. I definitely recommend watching it first and then deciding if watching the R-rated version of the Joker - the REAL Joker, the fiendish Moriarty to Batman's Holmes - is acceptable for your kid.

Because while the rating on this is PG-13, the Joker is not. Some people's kids won't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't take any elementary school kid to it as a general rule.

~G

I saw it yesterday and it was so crowded that I wound up in the 3rd row way to close to the action and sound..

I want to see it again but would totally agree that younger kids under 15-16 should not see this one.. I might change my mind after seeing again but I doubt it..

Northman
07-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Had a packed house tonight, even for a Monday.

Lonestar
07-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Had a packed house tonight, even for a Monday.

getting good reviews will remain busy for awhile When I went yesterday it was an early movie and bought my tickets on-line got the show 35 minutes early and had to set in the 3rd row I'm still recovering my hearing from that..
It was at cine mark with stadium seating.. was looking straight up at the movie and did not need my glasses at all..

If the DA had not died I could see him coming back as a bad guy.. I thought that was what they were setting up..Untill the end..

anyone want to guess at the sequel?

Northman
07-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Yea, we got lucky. We were about in the 6th or 7th row but we were about 30 minutes early. Saw some great trailers for The Spirit and Watchmen as well. But Dark Knight was quite excellent. Ledger did a fantastic job. IMO

Lonestar
07-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Yea, we got lucky. We were about in the 6th or 7th row but we were about 30 minutes early. Saw some great trailers for The Spirit and Watchmen as well. But Dark Knight was quite excellent. Ledger did a fantastic job. IMO

I'm not a big ledger fan glad CR is no longer on the forum or we would never hear the end of the threads.

Northman
07-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm not a big ledger fan glad CR is no longer on the forum or we would never hear the end of the threads.

Yea, i never liked any of his other work that is for sure. But he did this particular role very well.

Lonestar
07-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Yea, i never liked any of his other work that is for sure. But he did this particular role very well.

kept waiting for them to remove the makeup I know in most jails they do.. got to talk to those "clowns" in Gotham about that..

gnomeflinger
07-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Mr GF and I really wanted to see this in the IMAX, but it was too far away from where we were staying. Had we been just a young married couple with no kids, yup, we'd have done it.

Anyway, I bought tickets for the 8:15 show at new theater in the afternoon, and we got there 30 minutes early and still had to sit in the 5th row.

I agree with what everyone said. There are bits that kids can handle, but some parts would be a bit much.

If Heath Ledger isn't nominated for an Oscar for his role, I might have to stage a protest. His performance was... wow.

What did you think of the "magic pencil trick?"

Northman
07-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Mr GF and I really wanted to see this in the IMAX, but it was too far away from where we were staying. Had we been just a young married couple with no kids, yup, we'd have done it.

Anyway, I bought tickets for the 8:15 show at new theater in the afternoon, and we got there 30 minutes early and still had to sit in the 5th row.

I agree with what everyone said. There are bits that kids can handle, but some parts would be a bit much.

If Heath Ledger isn't nominated for an Oscar for his role, I might have to stage a protest. His performance was... wow.

What did you think of the "magic pencil trick?"

He definitely made it disappear. :lol:

GEM
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM
We went to the IMAX down at I25 & Colorado. Show was at 7pm, got there at 5:45. Line already going down the stairs. Got great seats. :dance: Damn good movie! The Joker had some pretty good lines. :laugh: Him in the nurses outfit had me rolling. Good stuff! :D

Retired_Member_001
07-22-2008, 03:06 PM
I saw it yesterday and it was so crowded that I wound up in the 3rd row way to close to the action and sound..

I want to see it again but would totally agree that younger kids under 15-16 should not see this one.. I might change my mind after seeing again but I doubt it..

Unfortunately, we live in a world where 11 year olds get pregnant, 12 year olds get involved in drugs and 13 year olds murder others.

Seeing a movie like this will have little to no effect.

G_Money
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Um, ok...but I'm assuming neither Claymore nor GEM has pregnant junkie murderers for kids, so for their kids it might be a little much.

If somebody does have pregnant junkie murderers for kids, by all means take them to the movie when they're not in rehab, jail or the hospital. It might even be a bit tame for them.

But I try not to assume just because some kids are unhinged and growing up too fast that everyone's kids should get on that learning curve. ;)

~G

Retired_Member_001
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Um, ok...but I'm assuming neither Claymore nor GEM has pregnant junkie murderers for kids, so for their kids it might be a little much.

If somebody does have pregnant junkie murderers for kids, by all means take them to the movie when they're not in rehab, jail or the hospital. It might even be a bit tame for them.

But I try not to assume just because some kids are unhinged and growing up too fast that everyone's kids should get on that learning curve. ;)

~G

:laugh:

Good post.

sneakers
07-23-2008, 04:47 AM
Did Kurt Russel do the voice over for batman in this movie?

NameUsedBefore
07-23-2008, 04:52 AM
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

I thought the conflict between justice and chaos to be as bitter and uneasy as it should be; that was very well played. Easily the most interesting 'comic flick' I've ever seen, and a good movie on its own.

Retired_Member_001
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Just booked tickets for the London IMAX for Tuesday 23:59PM.

:beer:

Lonestar
07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Just booked tickets for the London IMAX for Tuesday 23:59PM.

:beer:

Make sure your there early to get a center seat.. it is always best seen dead center if you can get one..

We expect a report by 0400 your time..

Retired_Member_001
07-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Make sure your there early to get a center seat.. it is always best seen dead center if you can get one..

Booking online for the win!

I can get any seat I want.

GEM
07-23-2008, 06:09 PM

IMAX is definately worth the little bit extra. The shots from overhead of the city are phenomenal on the big screen. Dead center and about 4 rows from the top is what we got. :rockon: I'm thinkin about goin again this weekend. They got it at the drive in. :D

broncosfanscott
07-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Just saw it a couple of days ago and that movie is awesome. Ledger did a great job as the joker and definatly made him more evil. Despite his passing, I'll bet he get some kind of award or something in his name for that.

broncogirl7
07-24-2008, 10:45 PM
I definately see him getting an award for his acting. He was incredible...crazy, evil, with a little humor built in. "I've got a magic trick for you...watch this pencil disappear..." Classic!

broncosfanscott
07-25-2008, 02:21 AM
I definately see him getting an award for his acting. He was incredible...crazy, evil, with a little humor built in. "I've got a magic trick for you...watch this pencil disappear..." Classic!

Oh that pencil trick was classic......hilarious. He hit is on everything with his voice and his antics.