PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to say -- keep all smilies

OB
09-16-2007, 01:26 AM
having such a wide variety makes this board so much better just my :2cents:

Tned
09-16-2007, 07:20 AM
having such a wide variety makes this board so much better just my :2cents:

I figured after another week, I was going to re-rank them based on stats. If there ae some that have never, or almost never been used in the first 4 weeks, then I figure I might kill those, otherwise, rank them into front page, most used, commonly, rarely (maybe not those names, but that concept).

OB
09-16-2007, 10:27 PM
I know this may be a silly question but I dont understand how these boards operate - do you NEED to get rid of some for space reasons? And please dont take this like im bytchin - i honestly am just wondering

Tned
09-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I know this may be a silly question but I dont understand how these boards operate - do you NEED to get rid of some for space reasons? And please dont take this like im bytchin - i honestly am just wondering

Nope, only because some complained there were too many. Also, I think for people on dial up or slow connections, if they click "more" the more smilies there are the longer it will take to load that second window.

Other than the above two reasons, there is no technical or other reason to remove any or limit the number.

Bronco Bible
09-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Thank you for ask OB4 , I was wondering that also:confused:

OB
09-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Nope, only because some complained there were too many. Also, I think for people on dial up or slow connections, if they click "more" the more smilies there are the longer it will take to load that second window.

Other than the above two reasons, there is no technical or other reason to remove any or limit the number.

Screw them - tell them to get into 2007 and get cable/DSL etc :laugh::D:ahhhhh:

Watchthemiddle
09-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I figured after another week, I was going to re-rank them based on stats. If there ae some that have never, or almost never been used in the first 4 weeks, then I figure I might kill those, otherwise, rank them into front page, most used, commonly, rarely (maybe not those names, but that concept).

So you have a way of telling which one's get used the most?

thats :cool:

Tned
09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
So you have a way of telling which one's get used the most?

thats :cool:

Yea, I wrote a script to rank them.

Watchthemiddle
09-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Yea, I wrote a script to rank them.

That would be interesting to see, and I say that if there are any "repeat" ones that have not been used them get rid of them.

Everyone has their favorites and it should be evident to see on which ones to keep.

Tned
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
That would be interesting to see, and I say that if there are any "repeat" ones that have not been used them get rid of them.

Everyone has their favorites and it should be evident to see on which ones to keep.

I attempted to remove all dupes a while back, but could have missed a few.

Tned
09-18-2007, 03:05 PM

Here you go. I had to put them in an announcement, as I cannot put 241 smilies :D in a regular post.

If you go here, you will see the rank to date.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=&a=11

underrated29
09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
well my comp wont let me post the smilies for some reason, but i got to tell you that if i could i think that dancing pink elephant is the coolest thing ever.

yeah its kinda gay, but i would use it in all my posts if i could. that thing jsut cracks me up.

Tned
09-18-2007, 03:28 PM
well my comp wont let me post the smilies for some reason, but i got to tell you that if i could i think that dancing pink elephant is the coolest thing ever.

yeah its kinda gay, but i would use it in all my posts if i could. that thing jsut cracks me up.

Not sure why it won't let you, but you can type them out. for the elephant, you type : elefant : (but with no spaces between the : and the word).

That link I listed above lists the names, so if you surround any of the names with : :, then you should be able to post smilies.

underrated29
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Not sure why it won't let you, but you can type them out. for the elephant, you type : elefant : (but with no spaces between the : and the word).

That link I listed above lists the names, so if you surround any of the names with : :, then you should be able to post smilies.

no way- alright let me try, i'm sure to mess this up so i will try mulitple times

:elephant:
:ELEPHANT: <--- i thought if i typed it in caps maybe it might make a bigger

elephant.

lets see it it works

underrated29
09-18-2007, 05:06 PM
no way- alright let me try, i'm sure to mess this up so i will try mulitple times

:elephant:
:ELEPHANT: <--- i thought if i typed it in caps maybe it might make a bigger

elephant.

lets see it it works

oh i guess i didnt spell it correctly

eehhmm, elefant take 2:

:elefant:
:ELEFANT:
: elefant :
: elephant :

underrated29
09-18-2007, 05:09 PM
ALLRIGHT!!!!!!

tned is :cool: and i'm :cool: i can type :elefant:, thats right. i said :elefant: alright.. we need some : beer :..only 4 images per page..

ok sorry guys. i'm an idiot.

Tned
09-18-2007, 05:11 PM
oh i guess i didnt spell it correctly

eehhmm, elefant take 2:

:elefant:
:ELEFANT:
: elefant :
: elephant :

LOL, for what it is worth, I didn't name the smilie, someone else came up with the spelling on all these things. :D

Tned
09-18-2007, 05:19 PM
ALLRIGHT!!!!!!

tned is :cool: and i'm :cool: i can type :elefant:, thats right. i said : elefant: alright.. we need some : beer :..only 4 images per page..

ok sorry guys. i'm an idiot.

Might go ahead an up that to 5, so you can have some :beer:

underrated29
09-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Might go ahead an up that to 5, so you can have some :beer:

thanks my man.

:beer: is always good lets try :salute:- yes sir!

dogfish
09-23-2007, 12:51 AM
looks like yer gonna have to keep 'em all, tned-- gotta do whatever we can to keep heather happy!

:dancing: