PDA

View Full Version : Tebow unconcerned about critiques of his throwing motion

Denver Native (Carol)
08-17-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819d1fd4/article/tebow-unconcerned-about-critiques-of-his-throwing-motion?module=HP_headlines

His throwing motion was one of the last things on rookie quarterback Tim Tebow's mind during his first NFL action on Saturday night during the Denver Broncos' 33-24 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

"That wasn't something that was going through my mind," Tebow told the Denver Post on Monday. "It was more reading the defense and trying to get first downs."

One of the more popular topics of discussion among NFL followers in the aftermath of Saturday's game was that Tebow's mechanics have reverted back to his college days at Florida.

"I don't know if that necessarily matters. I never listened too much to what people said," Tebow said. "I'm just trying to stay focused and get better every day and try to be the best player and teammate I can be on this team and not worry about what people say."

In all, it was a mixed bag for the quarterback. Tebow demonstrated pro arm strength and good instincts in the game, but he also fumbled the ball on a sack, though the turnover was overturned by replay.

WARHORSE
08-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Tim Tebow is a stud.

Studs dont care what they look like, they just care about getting the ball over the goaline.

One triple T-Gun salute coming up. :salute::salute::salute:

Sconnie Bronco
08-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Tebow's got more important things to worry about like ballin' and moving mountains.

Northman
08-17-2010, 01:00 PM
I was never sure if his throwing motion would be a problem but if he is just doing his thing and succeeding than i dont care how it looks.

arapaho2
08-17-2010, 01:03 PM
bernie kosar had a butt ugly motion...but he could pass the ball very well

underrated29
08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I was never sure if his throwing motion would be a problem but if he is just doing his thing and succeeding than i dont care how it looks.

YESSSS!

What I have been saying all offseason. Who cares. As long as it gets there.

Mephisto
08-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Much as I hate to bring up a Raider, Kenny Stabler had that ridiculous sidearm throw that got the job done as well. Let the kid throw the ball and win us some games!

Shazam!
08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
John Elway looked pretty ugly at times...

WARHORSE
08-17-2010, 02:23 PM
John Elway looked pretty ugly at times...

And for both him and Tebow............it was the haircut.;)

Lonestar
08-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I'll take an occasional FF for all the other tangibles he brings to the TEAM.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

PAINTERDAVE
08-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Roger Staubach, another Heisman winner, said that Tebows motion reminded him of his own start in the NFL.

Staubach said it would most likely not be a problem...
and he predicted that Tebow will be a good QB.

So he agreed with Steve Young, and so many other player/coaches who think Tebow will be good....

I just get sick and tired of these sprts writers trying to stir the pot because it is their job to be pot stirrers.

Tebow is the future in Denver...
he is gonna rock...
and we are gonna get a ton of wins from the guy over the years.

You know the first time he gets sacked...
or the first fumble that happens...

the "sport experts" are gonna jump up and down with glee...
yelling...
"See! See! We told you his motion is blah , blah, blah,..."

That is why so may of us watch the game with the sound turned off...