PDA

View Full Version : How winnable is the Jacksonville game in that humidity?

Sconnie Bronco
08-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Historically, Denver hasnt fared well when playing in Florida. Two things work against them: 1. Being a west team playing in the east, and 2. being a high altitude team playing in Florida.

So, have you written this game off? It seems like it might be a lot more winnable if not for the factors I mentioned above.

And I suppose the other thing is that Denver hasnt really played well late in the season in Denver either. So maybe, its not valid to lay claim to being a cold weather/high altitude team until they start doing that.

Id really like to win that game in Jacksonville, especially with Tebow being from there but, also in general. But that it seems like the deck is stacked against Denver in that one.

underrated29
08-17-2010, 12:35 PM
I predicted when the schedule came out that we would lose this game.

JAX always always always plays us extremely tough, wheather we are in their house or they are in ours. Of course playing in their house makes it even harder as we never win opening day on the road in fl...Remember MIA a few years back. '05 season Maybe?

Anyway- I just do not like this game at all. And MJD always seems to rip us to shreds. If we contain him I think we will be ok. BUt as of yet I am not sure we can. He owns us like we own the pats.

Lonestar
08-17-2010, 12:40 PM
I suspect this one is a loss. For the reasons given. Maybe Josh can manage a few practices in a swamp to simulate the JAX weather.

However the place will be filled with tebow jerseys this year.

On any given sunday.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Mike
08-17-2010, 12:47 PM
If Denver can shut down MJD I think they win.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-17-2010, 12:57 PM
We can win if:

1. Denver is ready for 100 plus humidity.
2. BroncoGators will be there.
3. Stuff the offensive line, because Garrard cannot play under those conditions.
4. Keep Alulua away from our QB.
5. Burn the secondary, which is fairly easy, which means long accurate throws.
6. MJD always goes straight up the middle. Stuff the middle.

Northman
08-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Jax is terrible so despite the weather we need to collect wins like that but as previously mentioned i dont expect us to win it.

WARHORSE
08-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Did you guys see T-Stud run the ball at the end of the Cincy game?

You gonna see superT do that in the Jax game as well.

Tim Tebow dont lose.

Especially in Florida.:salute::salute::salute:

TXBRONC
08-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Sure the game is winnable. We don't win in K.C. very often especially when it's late in the year, yet we beat them last year at Arrowhead. It wont be easy but I atm I think we match up very well against them.

dogfish
08-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Sure the game is winnable. We don't win in K.C. very often especially when it's late in the year, yet we beat them last year at Arrowhead. It wont be easy but I atm I think we match up very well against them.

yea, jacksonville's hardly a team you can just write off as a loss. . .

if we don't have any hope of beating the jagoffs, it's time to cancel the season. . .

TXBRONC
08-17-2010, 03:21 PM

if we don't have any hope of beating the jagoffs, it's time to cancel the season. . .

Well if this a relatively easier schedule than last year's then damn right we shouldn't just right this one off as a loss.

Northman
08-17-2010, 03:34 PM

Ive said this a lot recently and although i know there is parity in the league the GOOD teams beat the teams they should and beat them regularly. Am i expecting a SB this year? No. But i do expect the playoffs and thats going to require taking care of scrub teams. Good teams find ways to win no matter the circumstances.

Sconnie Bronco
08-17-2010, 04:32 PM

Someone just posted an article on how the offense and defense passed their first test.

The Jacksonville game will be their first test. Thats going to test the defenses depth and stamina. Im pretty sure Jacksonville will try to pound the ball. The offense needs to help the defense though and amass enough points to where its not put put on the defense late in the game...especially if the defense is on the field a lot.

A few years ago, David Garrard was good. So its not like he's incapable. They also have MJD and Mike Walker.

Also, their pass rush isnt all that great and so if the offensive line is without Clady, someone will really need to earn their keep.

sneakers
08-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Broncos generally don't have very good luck playing in Florida (remember Gus Ferrote and the dolphins a few years back?)

slim
08-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes, I have written this game off.

In fact, I will be surprised if the Broncos even make the trip.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Well, the last time the Broncos played here in Jax (in September of '05) they won (I was there and saw it first hand). Jacksonville was a better team then, too.

The one thing I keep telling myself is that we're not the same team we were - we don't lose in FL or fade at the end of the year, new squad, new coach. We'll see how right I am.

BTW, Knowshon should have no trouble in Jax. He's from about 5 hrs North.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Come on Guys, this game is very winnable. I have seen the train wreck of the Jaguars, hit them in their weak spots, rattle the young offensive line, and pound on the secondary with short throws and long throws. Defensive wise, worry about Alualua getting to our QB. Jaguars have no offensive line. Pound the heck out of them. Where is the spirit, Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plug the middle and out run and out smart the defensive secondary. Where is the Spirit Guys..............................

Northman
08-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Pound them with what? We have no running game. lmao

Ravage!!!
08-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Pound them with what? We have no running game. lmao

we couldn't pound their offensive line with our running game anyway :D

Northman
08-17-2010, 07:25 PM
we couldn't pound their offensive line with our running game anyway :D

Not so fast. If we get White back in here and give him a few cheeseburgers and then sign JaMarshmellow that would make a pretty hefty backfield. :D

Northman
08-17-2010, 07:27 PM
http://skinnyrunner.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/nfl_g_white01_400.jpg

http://www.thebaseballchick.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/russell.jpg

Ravage!!!
08-17-2010, 07:33 PM

http://www.thebaseballchick.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/russell.jpg

Hell... move them to DTs... or fast OLBs..... don't we need one of those now?

Northman
08-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Hell... move them to DTs... or fast OLBs..... don't we need one of those now?

I would say make them play Iron Man football and play both sides but then they would lose too much weight.

TXBRONC
08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Someone just posted an article on how the offense and defense passed their first test.

The Jacksonville game will be their first test. Thats going to test the defenses depth and stamina. Im pretty sure Jacksonville will try to pound the ball. The offense needs to help the defense though and amass enough points to where its not put put on the defense late in the game...especially if the defense is on the field a lot.

A few years ago, David Garrard was good. So its not like he's incapable. They also have MJD and Mike Walker.

Also, their pass rush isnt all that great and so if the offensive line is without Clady, someone will really need to earn their keep.

The humidity will make conditions difficult but what would keep us from winning is a failure to execute.

Ravage!!!
08-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Dough-boi can't be a fast OLB... my bad

dogfish
08-17-2010, 07:55 PM
"Lemme pound 'em, coach!"

we're not talking about white castle burgers. . . :listen:

Ravage!!!
08-17-2010, 08:08 PM
we're not talking about white castle burgers. . . :listen:

White gets a discount because of Naming rights and the fact that he shows up at ever new franchise opening... "White for White!" is the campaign mantra.

slim
08-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Neither one of those guys is fat.

You guys are so judgmental.

dogfish
08-17-2010, 08:36 PM
You guys are so judgmental.

i blame ravage. . . :drinking:

slim
08-17-2010, 08:39 PM
i blame ravage. . . :drinking:

Yeah, I like to blame rav for things too :beer:

Jagsbch
08-17-2010, 09:54 PM

How can you say that The Jagaurs have had a dozen wins the past two seasons?:D:D

Nomad
08-18-2010, 07:58 AM
BRONCOS will win!!:) I just hope I get to watch the game (they may show Indy/Hou here) plus Tebow always wins in the humidity. Sit Orton (I'm kidding):D