PDA

View Full Version : Is the offense's elevator going up faster than the defense's elevator...

Sconnie Bronco
08-17-2010, 12:07 PM
...going down?

Its an interesting thing that has happened in Denver. The coach decided to remake the offense, which is something that takes time. Meanwhile, on the defensive side, they have a lot of players whose windows are closing. I guess maybe it suggests that McDaniels wanted to be able to rely on the defense while he remade the offense. But ideally, youd like the offense and defense to both be on elevators that are kind of moving with each other.

Im optimistic but I think this an interesting dynamic with this team. I cant remember how long Dawkins signed for. Hopefully he has at least this year and next year at a high level. Same with Goodman. Champ is a big question mark. J. Williams is 34 years old too. They drafted some DBs in McBath, Bruton, Smith, and Cox. The Smith pick kind of stings since they used a first to get him. OK, it stings a lot. But Cox seems to be doing good things and McBath and Bruton have been OK but not incredibly noteworthy.

Ayers and Doom are kind of the guys we're relying on to carry our defense forward...but thats only two guys.

Id like to see Baker step up and be a NT but I kind of wonder about that since they signed Williams. It would also be great if Marcus Thomas could work out at DE. It seems he has put on weight and has been giving it an honest go.

Thoughts?

Northman
08-17-2010, 01:06 PM
After one preseason game? I doubt it.

jhildebrand
08-17-2010, 01:14 PM
It is much harder to turn a D around than an O.

This is all too soon as only 1 preseason game has been played.