PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Moss plays for money: Thoughts?

Italianmobstr7
08-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Okay guys, this may be a dumb thread but I think it may spark some good discussion as well. I saw a thread over at Broncomania and I was thinking about posting something about this as well anyways so here it goes.

I have a problem with some of the things that Jarvis Moss has been tweeting lately. I know some of you don't have twitter and some of you do, but I'm going to go ahead and post some of his tweets so you can see what I mean.

twitter.com/jmossvsjarvis

My hustle is for cash period, aint no other reason

Hustle keep me fly! Think I might kill to stay rich! Quote moss

1 thing on my mind this money & thts working hard as I can to get a lot cash. Sooner than later haterz

Okay, so here's the problem that I have with these tweets. IMO, you play football to WIN. You play football to go to battle for and with your teammates. You play to win a Super Bowl. I get that it's a job as well as a sport, but the fact that he's basically saying that he doesn't care about winning, he just cares about money bothers the crap out of me. I realize that in the NFL he's not the only player who feels this way, but it bothers me because he's a Bronco. He gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a game (and he hasn't even done anything yet). Us fans pay hundreds and thousands of dollars year in and year out, and we want players who want to WIN. Why else would we show up? It sure as hell isn't to watch our team lose, but be happy because they're getting paid. So what do you all think of this? Is it really not that big of a deal, or is it something that irks you or rubs you the wrong way as well? I'll support the guy as long as he's a Bronco, because he plays for my favorite team. It just irks me that this is the way he feels. I want to know how you feel about having players on our favorite team who we love and support through thick and thin that openly are stating that they play for nothing but money.

sneakers
08-17-2010, 01:16 AM
You pay attention to Jarvis Moss's tweets?
:confused:

:D

Italianmobstr7
08-17-2010, 01:23 AM
You pay attention to Jarvis Moss's tweets?
:confused:

:D

Lol, yeah pretty much all of the Broncos players.

sneakers
08-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Lol, yeah pretty much all of the Broncos players.

What % of them have twitter accounts?

edit: Isn't his tweets a byproduct of southern black culture (flashy bling, materialistic to no-end (diamond encrusted cellphones, etc.))

Italianmobstr7
08-17-2010, 01:52 AM
What % of them have twitter accounts?

edit: Isn't his tweets a byproduct of southern black culture (flashy bling, materialistic to no-end (diamond encrusted cellphones, etc.))

I don't know what percent...
1.Darrell Reid
2.Eric Decker
3.Demaryius Thomas
4.Champ Bailey
5.Eddie Royal
6.Jarvis Moss
7.Braxton Kelley
8.Perrish Cox
9.Baracka Atkins
10.Darcel McBath
11.Ryan Clady
12.Elvis Dumervil
13.Eric Olsen
14.Lance Ball
15.Ronald Fields
16.Jamaal Williams
17.Lendale White
18.Tony Carter
19.Wesley Woodyard
20.Alphonso Smith
21.Knowshon Moreno
22.Tyler Polumbus

dogfish
08-17-2010, 02:27 AM
"jarvis moss plays for the money"

yea. . . that would be one way of putting it. . .

another-- less diplomatic, considerably more honest-- way of putting it would be that jarvis moss mostly STEALS denver's money. . .

because he most certainly hasn't done any playing that i've seen, and i've watched every snap of every game since we drafted him. . .

BroncoBJ
08-17-2010, 02:41 AM
Isn't that lyrics from a song? Whats the big deal? :lol:

And even if it was true, I think we already knew that. Once he got paid, his career was over :lol:

Also whats Polumbus's and Alphonsos twitter? And do they use it often? Those are the only 2 from your list that I'm not following I dont think. :fight:

Lonestar
08-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Sounds like a player that will be cut sooner rather than later.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

muse
08-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Isn't that lyrics from a song? Whats the big deal? :lol:

And even if it was true, I think we already knew that. Once he got paid, his career was over :lol:

Also whats Polumbus's and Alphonsos twitter? And do they use it often? Those are the only 2 from your list that I'm not following I dont think. :fight:

Not to mention Kyle Orton (http://twitter.com/kingneckbeard)...:lol:

It's the only Twatter page I look at.

SoCalImport
08-17-2010, 04:52 AM
It'd be dissapointing to the extreme if it was a player that anybody still expected to contribute to the Broncos. IF Moss was that type of player then I'd say that those kind of thoughts are not something you should be broadcasting.
Maybe someone needs to add a bit of Twitter education to the rookie symposium becuase it's tha same thing (basically) as saying these things in an interview. It makes you look really bad and by extention, the team you play for.
Fans don't want to hear this s*%t from you, Moss. Now put UP, or (more likely) play out your rookie contract and disappear.

Elevation inc
08-17-2010, 06:38 AM
moss is a tool and always has been. Moss=Drama

/End thread

claymore
08-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Moss should be alot poorer than he is.

Elevation inc
08-17-2010, 06:59 AM
exactly i wish i could get the money he did to not get sacks, be injured all the time, not make plays or contribute to the team, all while creating drama, losing focus and contemplating leaving the team, only to finally come back and get hurt again.....some people have it so rough.....* Insert the biggest eye roll you ever seen*.............lol

claymore
08-17-2010, 07:04 AM
exactly i wish i could get the money he did to not get sacks, be injured all the time, not make plays or contribute to the team, all while creating drama, losing focus and contemplating leaving the team, only to finally come back and get hurt again.....some people have it so rough.....* Insert the biggest eye roll you ever seen*.............lol

I wish Lonnie Paxton played DE/OLB or whatever Moss is playing now. :D

Elevation inc
08-17-2010, 07:15 AM
I wish Lonnie Paxton played DE/OLB or whatever Moss is playing now. :D

hell yeah his tatoos alone would get us 2 or 3 sacks more than jarvis could ever give us......:D

Krull
08-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Jarvis was a beast in college but until he can say more than my greatest accomplishment was sacking Troy Smith.....he might need to shut up and play. Dude is a bust in the NFL so far.

Tned
08-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Come on guys, with the possible exception of Jake Plummer who only wanted to drive a Honda Element (or something like that) and live in a log cabin, just about EVERY player in the NFL plays for money. If it wasn't about money, you would see a whole lot more home town discounts.

Champ Bailey who has made a boat load of cash, including $13 million or so this year, is reportedly not interested in giving Denver any home team discount. Until he switches to safety in a few years, he wants to be paid as one of the top CBs in the game.

Is Moss an idiot for tweeting what every player does and believes? Yea, no question. But, I think it's better to focus on the stupidity of his tweeting (he's not along among athletes making stupid tweets, see Lebron James since his trade), I am not going to fault him for being honest.

rcsodak
08-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Jarvis was a beast in college but until he can say more than my greatest accomplishment was sacking Troy Smith.....he might need to shut up and play. Dude is a bust in the NFL so far.
a 1st round shanny draft pick a BUST? BLASPHEMY!!! Off with your head.

Northman
08-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Moss is gangsta.

rcsodak
08-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Sounds like a player that will be cut sooner rather than later.
oh no, Jr. That McD *devil* gettting rid of ANOTHER shanny player!? When will the madness eeeeend!

rcsodak
08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Come on guys, with the possible exception of Jake Plummer who only wanted to drive a Honda Element (or something like that) and live in a log cabin, just about EVERY player in the NFL plays for money. If it wasn't about money, you would see a whole lot more home town discounts.

Champ Bailey who has made a boat load of cash, including $13 million or so this year, is reportedly not interested in giving Denver any home team discount. Until he switches to safety in a few years, he wants to be paid as one of the top CBs in the game.

Is Moss an idiot for tweeting what every player does and believes? Yea, no question. But, I think it's better to focus on the stupidity of his tweeting (he's not along among athletes making stupid tweets, see Lebron James since his trade), I am not going to fault him for being honest.

noy questioning you but where did you read champ saying that. All i've seen is him saying he wanted a ring.

topscribe
08-17-2010, 09:44 AM

Of course they do. But I'll have to say this sounds like an obsession . . .

-----

GEM
08-17-2010, 09:46 AM
I wonder how quickly that finds it's way to McD's desk and Moss ends up in the doghouse? Moss is a chump.

Tned
08-17-2010, 10:01 AM
noy questioning you but where did you read champ saying that. All i've seen is him saying he wanted a ring.

I'll try and remember to get you a link this evening. There have been a couple articles discussing it, including an ESPN Insider article that explained that Bailey plans to move to safety to prolong his career and is willing to take less in the back end of his contract, but while playing CB, wants to be paid as a top CB.

underrated29
08-17-2010, 11:50 AM
GUYS-----

These are song lyrics. All of them. Lil' Wayne.

If only dream, thnikka or any other wigger were here this would have been pointed out a while ago.

**edit** after checking it out because I had not heard the song before. I can not find these lyrics in any lil wayne song. I think that is bogus.

weazel
08-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Okay guys, this may be a dumb thread but I think it may spark some good discussion as well. I saw a thread over at Broncomania and I was thinking about posting something about this as well anyways so here it goes.

I have a problem with some of the things that Jarvis Moss has been tweeting lately. I know some of you don't have twitter and some of you do, but I'm going to go ahead and post some of his tweets so you can see what I mean.

twitter.com/jmossvsjarvis

Okay, so here's the problem that I have with these tweets. IMO, you play football to WIN. You play football to go to battle for and with your teammates. You play to win a Super Bowl. I get that it's a job as well as a sport, but the fact that he's basically saying that he doesn't care about winning, he just cares about money bothers the crap out of me. I realize that in the NFL he's not the only player who feels this way, but it bothers me because he's a Bronco. He gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a game (and he hasn't even done anything yet). Us fans pay hundreds and thousands of dollars year in and year out, and we want players who want to WIN. Why else would we show up? It sure as hell isn't to watch our team lose, but be happy because they're getting paid. So what do you all think of this? Is it really not that big of a deal, or is it something that irks you or rubs you the wrong way as well? I'll support the guy as long as he's a Bronco, because he plays for my favorite team. It just irks me that this is the way he feels. I want to know how you feel about having players on our favorite team who we love and support through thick and thin that openly are stating that they play for nothing but money.

well most players play for the money, I mean thats the nature of sports... Moss just isn't a good enough player to pay attention to though.

jhildebrand
08-17-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't know what is worse, the fact this thread even exists and is trying to make a reach or that Moss is out there quoting lil wayne songs. Lil Wayne is ghey. Moss is ghey for tweeting it. This thread is quite boring considering all players play for money and all people work for money....no matter what they say.

slim
08-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't work for money.

I work for the back pain and migraines.

Northman
08-17-2010, 01:54 PM
GUYS-----

If only dream, thnikka or any other wigger were here this would have been pointed out a while ago.

**edit** after checking it out because I had not heard the song before. I can not find these lyrics in any lil wayne song. I think that is bogus.

Told ya he was gangsta. No one ever listens to me. :lol:

Northman
08-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't work for money.

I work for the back pain and migraines.

I work for the Ho's.

dogfish
08-17-2010, 02:06 PM
I work for the Ho's.

O RLY?

the hoes work for me. . . :cool:

TXBRONC
08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
O RLY?

You're a pimp? :shocked:

dogfish
08-17-2010, 03:16 PM

don't tell anyone. . . :listen:

Italianmobstr7
08-17-2010, 03:19 PM
GUYS-----

They're not Lil' Wayne lyrics. Lil' Wayne is my favorite artist and I have every one of his songs on my computer. These are not his lyrics, these are Moss's words, not anyone elses.

Italianmobstr7
08-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Also, the point of this thread wasn't that he shouldn't play for money. We all work for money, and so does he, as he should. The reason I bring it up is because he says it's ONLY about money. It's ALL about money. IMO, it should be about WINNING as well. Going to battle for your teammates as well. Millions of fans spends hundreds and thousands of dollars each year and want to see players who want to WIN, not just show up and get paid. It's BS, and I'm surprised that some of you don't care...

dogfish
08-17-2010, 03:26 PM
i might care, if it was somebody i hadn't already written off as a bum. . .

he'll be gone next year, and he can take his lame-ass attitude to the CFL, if they're even interested. . .

Ravage!!!
08-17-2010, 03:27 PM
So he's tweeting song lyrics to express what he's feeling during the long days of practice (if they aren't song lyrics, oh well).

When are fans going to realize that fans are MUCH MUCH more loyal to the team, than the players are? Players play for the money... fans root for the jersey. Fans will always root for the same jersey, while players will always work for the money.

Now.. just because they are plying for the money (and they are)... doesn't mean they aren't playing to win. You can play for money and to play to win. You don't have to do one or the other. But if you think these guys are out there purely because of the cool jerseys and wearing helmets, think again. Its about making the money. They will work hard at their job, and their job is to play football, and their job is to play to win. Thats where the money comes in.

Northman
08-17-2010, 03:31 PM
It's BS, and I'm surprised that some of you don't care...

I dont care. He isnt that great of a player. :lol:

Bosco
08-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Last I checked, he was providing a service to the Denver Broncos in exchange for money, and getting maximum value for one's services was pretty much human nature.

underrated29
08-17-2010, 04:37 PM
They're not Lil' Wayne lyrics. Lil' Wayne is my favorite artist and I have every one of his songs on my computer. These are not his lyrics, these are Moss's words, not anyone elses.

yeah thats why I have on there "*edit- i dont remember these lyrics*"

Because you are right. I do not remember those lyrics either. I am not a huge lil wayne fan, but I know most of his songs and those words never rang a bell so i went back and checked to be certain. and alas- not lyrics.

Still I dont care. If he works his ass off to get paid, yay. If he sucks like normal, well, thats par for the course.

Apollo
08-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Guys, does this really shock you? It's a job to him, as it is to a lot of NFL players, that's the way it is. I know us fans love the game, but to a lot of players it's just a regular job, the same way you work in an office or as a teacher or whatever.

He's useless now anyway, but still, it's not really a shocking statement.

jhildebrand
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
****** In a SHOCKING development I bring you this update*********

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Larry Ellison
Warren Buffet
Carlos Slim
Tiger Woods
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

All do it for the money! What's the big deal? :confused:

Italianmobstr7
08-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Guess it's not a big a deal as I thought. I realize that they play for money. I know it's a job to the players. That wasn't really the problem I had. The problem I had is some of the quotes state that it's about the money and NOTHING else. It just doesn't sit right with me I guess, but it's really no big deal. I just hope Jarvis plays hard for us once he gets healthy and can help contribute to some wins.

Lonestar
08-17-2010, 06:36 PM
We have carried his skinny ass for 3 years now it is time to pay back.

dogfish
08-17-2010, 06:48 PM

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Larry Ellison
Warren Buffet
Carlos Slim
Tiger Woods
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

i'd say the big deal is that we've given him a bunch of money and he hasn't done anything for it. . . people would probably resent him playing for the money less if he actually earned it. . . just guessing, but it would seem like a pretty reasonable explanation. . .

TXBRONC
08-17-2010, 07:30 PM

I'm not really sure I need too. :D

spikerman
08-17-2010, 07:35 PM

I thought he meant he was a farmer.

spikerman
08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Last I checked, he was providing a service to the Denver Broncos ... That's debatable. :D

spikerman
08-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Of course all players are doing it for the money. Most of them just have the common sense to either be quiet about it or at least have done something to make people not care. Unfortunately for Jarvis, his career NFL stats are only marginally better than mine.

TXBRONC
08-17-2010, 08:00 PM

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Larry Ellison
Warren Buffet
Carlos Slim
Tiger Woods
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

They're all gigolos? :heh:

TXBRONC
08-17-2010, 08:02 PM

In a round about way. :lol:

Ravage!!!
08-17-2010, 08:03 PM
They're all gigolos? :heh:

and everywhere they go, people always know their name

Lonestar
08-17-2010, 08:05 PM

maybe they have had him doing the lawn care since he has done nothing else to earn the money he has made.

TXBRONC
08-17-2010, 08:09 PM
O RLY?

maybe they have had him doing the lawn care since he has done nothing else to earn the money he has made.

You missed the joke.

jhildebrand
08-17-2010, 08:39 PM
i'd say the big deal is that we've given him a bunch of money and he hasn't done anything for it. . . people would probably resent him playing for the money less if he actually earned it. . . just guessing, but it would seem like a pretty reasonable explanation. . .

He did earn it....in college. That's the unfortunate and ridiculous truth of the matter. College athletes are all but slaves until they go pro. Then they get paid. The better they do in college the higher they are drafted. The higher they are drafted the more they make.

weazel
08-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Told ya he was gangsta. No one ever listens to me. :lol:

the problem is, he went full gangsta. You never go full gangsta!

sneakers
08-18-2010, 12:37 AM

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/192_251/125_85/untitled.jpg

BORDERLINE
08-18-2010, 01:30 AM

but he is a top corner in the game and has that rep...jarvis is stupid for tweeting that garbage....take your money and bounce i guess:mad:....karma does exist

BroncoWave
08-22-2010, 06:52 PM

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Larry Ellison
Warren Buffet
Carlos Slim
Tiger Woods
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

Sorry to bump this thread but I saw it late and had to respond to this post.

You are missing the point of this thread. Of course every player plays for the money, that's not the OP's problem. His problem is that Moss says that money is the ONLY reason he plays. Tiger Woods, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady also work their ass off and try to win championships. Yeah, they try to get as much money as they can, but they are also dedicated to winning. Moss' quotes seem to show that he's not to concerned about winning as long as he gets paid. You are crazy if you think Woods, Manning, and Brady have that same mindset.

honz
08-22-2010, 07:22 PM
All Jarvis is trying to do is earn some mother****ing money.

Dean
08-22-2010, 07:31 PM
If Moss will produce at the level he was drafted, he can do it for any reason he wants and I am okay with it. I would dare say that most of our goods and services are produced by people just doing it for the money and that's okay. The players are not paragons of virtue; they are just people like you and I but with some fantastic athletic skills.

:coffee:

dogfish
08-22-2010, 07:58 PM
All Jarvis is trying to do is earn some mother****ing money.

Well then he needs to help us win more mother****ing GAMES!!

Sincerely,

Josh McDaniels

Lonestar
08-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I saw some flashes in the lions game, he should be doing this lots of times a year. to make up for the money he has been paid so far.

Perhaps that staff infection took this long to get fixed. but that was a sweet strip in the game.

dogfish
08-22-2010, 10:34 PM
I saw some flashes in the lions game, he should be doing this lots of times a year. to make up for the money he has been paid so far.

Perhaps that staff infection took this long to get fixed. but that was a sweet strip in the game.

hopefully he realizes that he'll never get a sweeter opportunity than this one. . .

Lonestar
08-22-2010, 10:39 PM
hopefully he realizes that he'll never get a sweeter opportunity than this one. . .

Well It will be our luck that he will bloom after his contract is up here like a few others have.

With his physical issues and the staff infection I fail to understand why he was a number 1 pick.

But now that he is here lets hope he picks up his game this year and can be one of the OLB's that we will need down the road.

BTW I caught part of the cowgirls replay game today, both spencer and ware are special OLB's lets hope our guys can become complete OLB like these two are.

SR
08-22-2010, 11:06 PM

/thread

TXBRONC
08-22-2010, 11:12 PM
If Moss will produce at the level he was drafted, he can do it for any reason he wants and I am okay with it. I would dare say that most of our goods and services are produced by people just doing it for the money and that's okay. The players are not paragons of virtue; they are just people like you and I but with some fantastic athletic skills.

:coffee:

Agreed, if he plays hard and helps Denver win football games it doesn't matter what motivates him.

DenBronx
08-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Andrew Masons take on Moss.

Jarvis Moss.

We’ll start with the first play that caught my eye — the pressure that forced a punt on the Lions’ first second-half series.

It was third-and-two. The Lions had Moss singled as he assumed a three-point stance outside the right tackle. When the snap was fired, Moss spun inside right tackle Gosder Cherilus — a first-teamer playing on a mostly second-string line — and forced a hurried Shaun Hill throw. The pass went astray, and the Lions punted for the first time all night.

Fast-forward to the next series. Moss is lined up over left tackle Corey Hilliard, standing up as the Broncos go with two down linemen in a nickel package. Moss comes off the snap as though he’s going to the outside, then cuts back inside Hilliard, who can do nothing more than wave his right arm. Moss accelerates and clobbers Hill. Sack, fumble.

“I was just going full speed, giving good effort,” Moss said. ” Had it been a batted pass and we got off the field I would have been equally as happy as (with a) sack.”

What both of these plays have in common is that Moss didn’t simply use his speed; he made a move. His stride and range helped him finish the plays, but until this summer, it was always his speed that set up his best move — running around a tackle or tight end. Saturday night, he set up his blocker and attacked.

The Lions noticed. On the next defensive series, Moss went back to his outside move, and Detroit’s left guard, Manny Ramirez, came down to help left tackle Jason Fox, whom Moss had beaten. Fox could do little more than yank Moss’s face mask to prevent Hill from being mauled.

This is the Moss the Broncos have always wanted to see.

AT ORGANIZED TEAM ACTIVITIES, teammates and coaches alike raved about Moss, who said he’d doubled his efforts in the weight room and conditioning drills.

But all that is just talk, and I hope you’ll forgive me for not jumping on a bandwagon because someone dominates in non-contact, no-pad drills.

“Good against remotes is one thing; good against the living — that’s something else.”
When I watched Moss at OTAs, that Star Wars quote rattled through my mind. I first heard those words when I was two years old; they’ve stuck for the next 32. Every time I see someone tearing up the field in May and June, the words echo again.

As camp neared, my thoughts on Moss were two-fold. First, I wanted to see him perform in practice — particularly after Elvis Dumervil tore his pectoral muscle, since the fate of the Broncos’ pass rush now partially rested on Moss’s ability to prove he’s more than he’s shown the last three years. Then, I needed to see something in the games.

Part 1 was answered this week. Moss was the best pass rusher on the practice field, and dealt the first-team offense a rare two-minute drill defeat with a 10-yard sack of Kyle Orton that saw him blow around the right edge of the offensive line.

Part 2 came Saturday night.

We’re not at the point where we can proclaim Moss as part of the answer to the Broncos’ pass-rushing issues. Two of those three plays mentioned above came in matchups against second- and third-teamers. But if you’re searching for defensive positives from Saturday’s game, you don’t have to look far — just glance up at the Broncos’ tallest defender.

TXBRONC
08-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Andrew Masons take on Moss.

Jarvis Moss.

We’ll start with the first play that caught my eye — the pressure that forced a punt on the Lions’ first second-half series.

It was third-and-two. The Lions had Moss singled as he assumed a three-point stance outside the right tackle. When the snap was fired, Moss spun inside right tackle Gosder Cherilus — a first-teamer playing on a mostly second-string line — and forced a hurried Shaun Hill throw. The pass went astray, and the Lions punted for the first time all night.

Fast-forward to the next series. Moss is lined up over left tackle Corey Hilliard, standing up as the Broncos go with two down linemen in a nickel package. Moss comes off the snap as though he’s going to the outside, then cuts back inside Hilliard, who can do nothing more than wave his right arm. Moss accelerates and clobbers Hill. Sack, fumble.

“I was just going full speed, giving good effort,” Moss said. ” Had it been a batted pass and we got off the field I would have been equally as happy as (with a) sack.”

What both of these plays have in common is that Moss didn’t simply use his speed; he made a move. His stride and range helped him finish the plays, but until this summer, it was always his speed that set up his best move — running around a tackle or tight end. Saturday night, he set up his blocker and attacked.

The Lions noticed. On the next defensive series, Moss went back to his outside move, and Detroit’s left guard, Manny Ramirez, came down to help left tackle Jason Fox, whom Moss had beaten. Fox could do little more than yank Moss’s face mask to prevent Hill from being mauled.

This is the Moss the Broncos have always wanted to see.

AT ORGANIZED TEAM ACTIVITIES, teammates and coaches alike raved about Moss, who said he’d doubled his efforts in the weight room and conditioning drills.

But all that is just talk, and I hope you’ll forgive me for not jumping on a bandwagon because someone dominates in non-contact, no-pad drills.

“Good against remotes is one thing; good against the living — that’s something else.”
When I watched Moss at OTAs, that Star Wars quote rattled through my mind. I first heard those words when I was two years old; they’ve stuck for the next 32. Every time I see someone tearing up the field in May and June, the words echo again.

As camp neared, my thoughts on Moss were two-fold. First, I wanted to see him perform in practice — particularly after Elvis Dumervil tore his pectoral muscle, since the fate of the Broncos’ pass rush now partially rested on Moss’s ability to prove he’s more than he’s shown the last three years. Then, I needed to see something in the games.

Part 1 was answered this week. Moss was the best pass rusher on the practice field, and dealt the first-team offense a rare two-minute drill defeat with a 10-yard sack of Kyle Orton that saw him blow around the right edge of the offensive line.

Part 2 came Saturday night.

We’re not at the point where we can proclaim Moss as part of the answer to the Broncos’ pass-rushing issues. Two of those three plays mentioned above came in matchups against second- and third-teamers. But if you’re searching for defensive positives from Saturday’s game, you don’t have to look far — just glance up at the Broncos’ tallest defender.

If Moss and Ayers both can step up this year and get about 6 to 8 I think our pass rush will be ok.

gobroncsnv
08-23-2010, 07:00 AM
If folks are getting after Moss about 'playing for money', then to be consistent, the same would be true for ANY player who has ever held out, for any amount of time... That would be quite a list...
I would like to hear of the whole team being in there for the love of the game, but these guys have gone the extra mile since Pop Warner leagues to be the best. The payoff for all that effort comes at this level of the game.

Italianmobstr7
08-23-2010, 04:34 PM
If folks are getting after Moss about 'playing for money', then to be consistent, the same would be true for ANY player who has ever held out, for any amount of time... That would be quite a list...
I would like to hear of the whole team being in there for the love of the game, but these guys have gone the extra mile since Pop Warner leagues to be the best. The payoff for all that effort comes at this level of the game.

Not true. Because the point is he is saying that he plays ONLY FOR MONEY AND NOTHING ELSE. That's the problem I have and I think others have with it as well. Some players may hold out for more money, but most players don't just play for money. A lot of guys play to win a Championship, they play for the love of the game, and they play for money AS WELL, but not ONLY for money like Moss is stating. I will say, he looked decent last game. Showed some real flashes of speed even if it was against backups. Hope he can continue that. I don't hate the guy. As long as he's a Bronco I'll support him. Just wish he hadn't said that he plays for money and no other reason.

EMB6903
08-23-2010, 07:50 PM
fine with 6-8 sacks a piece?

We need these first round picks to step up and play like it.

nevcraw
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
the only NFL'er who played for free that I can remember was my main man MoC. He didn't needed no stinken' money because he was provided for by some of that MFing Goose..