PDA

View Full Version : How can we help promote the site!

The Horses Mouth
09-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey guys I am wondering what I, or anyone else coiuld do to help expand the site. I would like to see more members here promoting new and more frequent discussion!

Please let me know how i can help.

:cool:

Watchthemiddle
09-16-2007, 01:15 AM
So far I feel we are doing okay by just word of mouth. We don't want a bunch of riff raff in here and its nice to get quality and not quantity out of posters.

sneakers
09-16-2007, 05:47 AM
If the site continues to be good...people will come to this site over the others. But if you wanted to actively promote the site, Just take the banner at the top or make one of your own, and have it as your signature at BM.

Tned
09-16-2007, 07:16 AM
If the site continues to be good...people will come to this site over the others. But if you wanted to actively promote the site, Just take the banner at the top or make one of your own, and have it as your signature at BM.

I think we need to be careful about that approach. We should do everything possible to be good neighbors with BM.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2007, 07:23 AM
I think we need to be careful about that approach. We should do everything possible to be good neighbors with BM.

I agree with that. If you know of a member at BC, Orange Mane, etc., or know of a Bronco fan, or football fan in general, let them know about Broncos Forums.

dogfish
09-23-2007, 03:13 AM
So far I feel we are doing okay by just word of mouth. We don't want a bunch of riff raff in here and its nice to get quality and not quantity out of posters.

EXAAAAACTLY!

no need to invite trolls just to increase the traffic-- it's beter to grow slowly and build around a base of QUALITY posters, IMO. . .

Jody
10-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Personally, I believe the board has leveled out, and now it's a make or break. We are not taking in enough new people. Often the board is way too slow and not enough people on at one time to keep it uplifting. Optimistic I still am, but there does need to be some marketing or word-of-mouth, etc. to keep this board alive.

I could sit here and say, "I think everything is wonderful and going well for being so new"......yet, is it? :confused:

We need new ideas for recruiting people.

LordTrychon
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM

I see nothing wrong with having a banner and link for this site in your sig on mania... and I know Steve agrees. As long as it's nothing negative about Mania, that is.

Starting threads about it would maybe be a bit much though... anything else is more than welcome.

TXBRONC
10-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Personally, I believe the board has leveled out, and now it's a make or break. We are not taking in enough new people. Often the board is way too slow and not enough people on at one time to keep it uplifting. Optimistic I still am, but there does need to be some marketing or word-of-mouth, etc. to keep this board alive.

I could sit here and say, "I think everything is wonderful and going well for being so new"......yet, is it? :confused:

We need new ideas for recruiting people.

I think things of slowed down but we still taking in new members.

Tned
10-19-2007, 08:07 PM
I see nothing wrong with having a banner and link for this site in your sig on mania... and I know Steve agrees. As long as it's nothing negative about Mania, that is.

Starting threads about it would maybe be a bit much though... anything else is more than welcome.

Thanks for saying so, LT. Steve and I have exchaged a few emails and he is very supportive of this board, because ultimately, like most of us, Steve's primary goal is to keep Broncos fans passionate about the Broncos. I don't think he always gets enough credit for that.

KCL
10-19-2007, 08:16 PM
The board is how old now?

Remember Rome wasn't built in a day!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2007, 08:24 PM
The board is how old now?

Remember Rome wasn't built in a day!!!

I agree KC - we are getting new members every once in a while. And, things were a little slow this week, but I am sure some of it had to do with the "bye" week.

lex
10-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, I just sent a PM to SoCalBroncol. I have a rapport with him. Hopefully he comes over here.

Jody
10-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, I just sent a PM to SoCalBroncol. I have a rapport with him. Hopefully he comes over here.

Every little bit of that recruiting will be helpful, lex.
This board has been extremely slow - so......KCLady, even though Rome wasn't built in a day.....they didn't have the internet back then either. :D I can see it now.....all chariots are parked to the side of the road as they look at this computer and think it's "A GOD!"

LordTrychon
10-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for saying so, LT. Steve and I have exchaged a few emails and he is very supportive of this board, because ultimately, like most of us, Steve's primary goal is to keep Broncos fans passionate about the Broncos. I don't think he always gets enough credit for that.

When someone first mentioned the board to Steve, his response was 'Having more Broncos sites is NEVER a bad thing'.
(roughly)
:salute:

Every little bit of that recruiting will be helpful, lex.
This board has been extremely slow - so......KCLady, even though Rome wasn't built in a day.....they didn't have the internet back then either. :D I can see it now.....all chariots are parked to the side of the road as they look at this computer and think it's "A GOD!"

I'm sure you could go to the mane and ask them if things were a bit slow this week... after a bye week and a horrible loss traffic always goes down.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-20-2007, 12:34 AM
There can be only one SoCalBronco.

dogfish
10-20-2007, 12:50 AM

so putting "come to broncosforums if you want to get away from jerk moderators like lord trychon" in my sig at BM would be okay? :D

:laugh: :lol:

seriously though, thanks for your input!

HW, i feel like we're doing okay-- i continue to believe that slow, steady growth based on a quality core of posters is the best thing for the long-term health of this place. . . JMO of course, but on BM i had an awful lot of people on my iggie list because i felt their contributions were'nt much better than spam. . . i'm just as happy to have less people here for now as long as most of the discussions are at a relatively high level. . .

also-- just guessing here, correct me if i'm wrong-- but i wonder if the discussion may be particularly slow in the what's on your mind forum, where i think you may spend a large portion of your time?

i've seen three new members that i can think of off the top of my head join in the past week, all of whom are making good contributions in the broncostalk forum. . . back at BM, we may have had lots of new members join every week, but never any great number that ended up posting consistently or adding any particularly valuable contributions. . . obviously this place won't continue to equal the initial growth that was provided mostly by BM members coming over here, but i think it's going pretty well for as long as it's been up. . .

Jody
10-20-2007, 10:35 AM
so putting "come to broncosforums if you want to get away from jerk moderators like lord trychon" in my sig at BM would be okay? :D

seriously though, thanks for your input!

HW, i feel like we're doing okay-- i continue to believe that slow, steady growth based on a quality core of posters is the best thing for the long-term health of this place. . . JMO of course, but on BM i had an awful lot of people on my iggie list because i felt their contributions were'nt much better than spam. . . i'm just as happy to have less people here for now as long as most of the discussions are at a relatively high level. . .

also-- just guessing here, correct me if i'm wrong-- but i wonder if the discussion may be particularly slow in the what's on your mind forum, where i think you may spend a large portion of your time?

i've seen three new members that i can think of off the top of my head join in the past week, all of whom are making good contributions in the broncostalk forum. . . back at BM, we may have had lots of new members join every week, but never any great number that ended up posting consistently or adding any particularly valuable contributions. . . obviously this place won't continue to equal the initial growth that was provided mostly by BM members coming over here, but i think it's going pretty well for as long as it's been up. . .

Well, dog, I spend a lot of my time reading a lot of posts in the Broncos forum, along with other sports, and I spend some time 'posting' in What's on Your Mind forum, but mostly in P&R.

I am by far not the only poster who is feeling this is very sluggish. I'm not being critical of the fact that it is either, so people don't need to "rush in and save tned", for that's how it feels to me. A few people from BM will not come here, because they feel it's 'way too boring' and not enough people to interact with most of the time. Is that being critical of the board? In no way is that how I see it, just being honest.

And do I agree with you on the core members being solid and good? Yes, but how long can a board survive on that state of mind? New people also helps to keep a board from becoming stale. Twenty of us cannot sustain keeping this board interesting forever. And yes, maybe 200 are signed up, but it's 20-27 that sustain it. Fair?:D

KCL
10-20-2007, 11:15 AM
I think that people and I am not saying that all do...think that

the board is going to be an overnight thing.

This board cannot and should not be compared to BM or any other

Broncos site.Those sites have been going on for ALOT longer.

I say be patient and it will grow.BM has a ton of members who have

0 post and haven't been back to the board since the day they joined.

I still frequent BM and there are days when it is VERY slow.

Maybe there are those who don't want this board to survive....:confused:

HW-I don't think that people here are trying to rush in and save Tned...

We are just stating our opinions...same as you!

lex
10-20-2007, 11:41 AM
There can be only one SoCalBronco.

I actually think I meant the other SoCal.

BTW, if there are going to be P&R forums, it might be more fruitful if there was less intolerance of other outlooks by the mod staff. When mods cherry pick based purely on what coincides with their world views, it kind of hurts discussion.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2007, 02:01 PM
I actually think I meant the other SoCal.

BTW, if there are going to be P&R forums, it might be more fruitful if there was less intolerance of other outlooks by the mod staff. When mods cherry pick based purely on what coincides with their world views, it kind of hurts discussion.

We all need to be patient - both mods and members. This is a new board, and we are all learning.