PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread: the Raiders vs. the Broncos

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Tned
09-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Yea Baby!!!!

Requiem / The Dagda
Holy oh Jesus, do you believe in miracles?

RunYouOver
We are SO lucky.

What did I say about luck?

Skywalker
MISSED!

OH MY GOD!

THANK YOU SHANNY! HOLY CRAP!

Tned
Yea Baby!!!!

Was their a Billy Buckner sighting???

Skinny
broncos!!!!!

Nomad
09-16-2007, 06:39 PM
From now on paramedics at my house every game! shhhhh!!!!:ahhhhh:

RunYouOver
09-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Run It Here.

We Need These 2 Yards.

Retired_Member_001
09-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Running game........sucks.

Skywalker
I just...

wow.

I almost died.

Tned
That's why we paid Henry the big bucks!!!

keithbishop
09-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Unbelievable!!

I've been listening and following everyone's comments, which I greatly appreciate.

Den21vsBal19
From now on paramedics at my house every game! shhhhh!!!!:ahhhhh:
I wonder if I can book at season ticket at the local A&E :laugh:

Tned
Ok, we are inside a 50 yard field goal now, just another first down and we up the percentages. Run em over boys.

Nomad
That's why we paid Henry the big bucks!!!

He needs to do that more often than just once in a while

Tned
09-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Unbelievable!!

I've been listening and following everyone's comments, which I greatly appreciate.

Probably the only one here that might have gotten my Billy Buckner crack :D

Retired_Member_001
Elam's in range.

Requiem / The Dagda
Nomad, you really need to account for the crappy run blocking on our offensive line as well. It's not Travis "sucking" - eh. . .

Requiem / The Dagda
09-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Unbelievable!!

Hey cool Keith!

Tned
First down, now they just need to secure the ball and keep pounding it. Elam is ready to win it again.

Retired_Member_001
Elam's in range.

We SHOULD get more yards, I was just stating Elam IS in range.

Nomad
Nomad, you really need to account for the crappy run blocking on our offensive line as well. It's not Travis "sucking" - eh. . .

If I needed anything out of you I'd squeeze you!

Tned
09-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Come on, we need a toss left, bring us back to the old TD days.

Tned
Come on, we need a toss left, bring us back to the old TD days.

But, I guess that will work, too!!!! :D :D :D

Requiem / The Dagda
What an effort by Marshall. That's just great football right there.

Retired_Member_001

EXACTLY. When someone see's a running back struggle they slam the running back, they forget about the other key to the running game.

RunYouOver
09-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Speaking of us being the luckiest team alive.

Skywalker
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4742/85833uk6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

WE WON!

Simple Jaded
Are you telling me that Date-rapeakowski missed that FG?

Tned
09-16-2007, 06:46 PM
We lost this game because of run defense.

It's horrible.

We can't tackle them when they run the ball.

We just can't.

Never give up until the clock reads zero!!!

Good showing of heart by the Broncs!!! Good Comeback!!!

Skinny
GAME OVER!!!!!

:elefant:

keithbishop
Probably the only one here that might have gotten my Billy Buckner crack :D

RYO gets it, too...check this out:

Royals 4 Indians 3
Starting Pitcher and Winner: Billy Buckner D.O.B. 8-27-83

That Javon Walker guy is pretty good. ;)

Tned

Yea, but I needed the bumb to push it into the endzone, cause I need some more Cutler fantasy points.

Denver Native (Carol)
GEEEEEEEZ - TWO NAILBITERS IN A ROW :frusty::frusty:

Requiem / The Dagda
A win is a win is a win. I'll take it any way we can get it. We're 2 and 0, that's what matters. Focus on our mistakes, improve upon what's already working. Next week bring our A game back to Mile High to beat Jacksonville.

Retired_Member_001
09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
WE WIN! WE WIN! WE WIN!

YES.

2 game winning kicks from ELAM!

It's very late here, bye all.

:salute:

keithbishop
Thank you, Mr. Elam!! Scary game. Hopefully I'll get to watch one before the season ends. :tsk:

BroncoWave
Speaking of us being the luckiest team alive.

damn right!

Tned
RYO gets it, too...check this out:

Royals 4 Indians 3
Starting Pitcher and Winner: Billy Buckner D.O.B. 8-27-83

That Javon Walker guy is pretty good. ;)

LOL, that reminds me, I never checked to see if my Mets came back against Philly. They are struggling down the stretch.

Simple Jaded
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM

Marshall is a B.A.M.F!!!

RunYouOver
I can't even believe we won.

We're VERY lucky, no denying that.

Watchthemiddle
A win is a win is a win. I'll take it any way we can get it. We're 2 and 0, that's what matters. Focus on our mistakes, improve upon what's already working. Next week bring our A game back to Mile High to beat Jacksonville.

I agree. Give it a day or two and we will all nit pick it apart.

Skywalker
Okay Denver, I don't think I can take anymore of these wins like this. I've almost had a heart attack for the second week in a row.

:woot:

Tned
GEEEEEEEZ - TWO NAILBITERS IN A ROW :frusty::frusty:

Nail biters and then some. These definately get your blood pumping, I am ready for a blowout.

Tned
09-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay Denver, I don't think I can take anymore of these wins like this. I've almost had a heart attack for the second week in a row.

:woot:

You have a young heart, it's us old folks that are in danger!

Retired_Member_001

Yep. I'm happy about the win but we REALLY need to work on our game. We have the Jags, Colts and Steelers next.

If we struggle against Buffalo and Oakland then we are in for it against the "better teams".

Let's just hope our team really works on our weaknesses this week.

Devilspawn
I'm not mad that Shanahan called the timout. That's good coaching. I'm mad that no on eheard the whistle until we were on the field celebrating.

Simple Jaded
09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Yea, but I needed the bumb to push it into the endzone, cause I need some more Cutler fantasy points.

Just hope the guy that you played DIDN'T have Carson Palmer!!!:banghead:

topscribe
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, when you have a team that is imploding, what you need is a smart coach.

-----

Tned
09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Yep. I'm happy about the win but we REALLY need to work on our game. We have the Jags, Colts and Steelers next.

If we struggle against Buffalo and Oakland then we are in for it against the "better teams".

It's a team that has had a ton of change in the offseason and quite a few young players. They are going to play well at times, and struggle at times, and that is likely to continue for a while.

Simple Jaded
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm not mad that Shanahan called the timout. That's good coaching. I'm mad that no on eheard the whistle until we were on the field celebrating.

I missed it, I was too busy throwing a temper tantrum, but he did the same thing to the Bills last week before the half.

He waits til the kicker gets set...It worked!

Just when I was making fun of Shanahan for losing to Doogie Howser HC, he pulls this out of his tailpipe....I'm an idiot!

Den21vsBal19
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
You have a young heart, it's us old folks that are in danger!
Problem is I was young (ok, youngish) before the last two weeks :eek:

topscribe
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Let's just hope our team really works on our weaknesses this week.
I really believe Oakland is on the verge of being a "better team."

San Diego had better watch out for them.

-----

Devilspawn
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I wonder how different this game will be with Culpepper. At least Jordan is FINALLY doing someting right. Almost won the game.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Problem is I was young (ok, youngish) before the last two weeks :eek:

Gary Miller just talked to Cutler who said that he has now got gray hairs from the last two weeks.

Tned
09-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Just hope the guy that you played DIDN'T have Carson Palmer!!!:banghead:

Well, in the BroncosForums league, I went up against Carson Palmer and he rang up 43 points against my big ben at 8 points. I have a 19 point lead, but have no players left, and he has Maroney and Welker still to go on NE, so I am likely in trouble.

Tned
09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
I missed it, I was too busy throwing a temper tantrum, but he did the same thing to the Bills last week before the half.

I was pretty calm, because I saw the two refs on the field waving their arms as the ball was being snapped. I was just hoping he couldn't hit two in a row.

LoyalSoldier
09-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I was pretty calm, because I saw the two refs on the field waving their arms as the ball was being snapped. I was just hoping he couldn't hit two in a row.

I had heard the whistles blowing so I thought it was a false start.

RunYouOver
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Can ANYONE blame me for doubting?

After all, we did lose if not for the TO .5 seconds before the kick.

Still, I'm SO happy. We REALLY stole one.

Look for a big thread later tonight from the one, the only RYO

Tned
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM

I don't blame you. Of course not. Some people tend to expect the worse, and then they are never dissapointed. Some people tend to expect the best, and are often dissapointed.

Nothing wrong with either one.

I have just seen enough games, whether it be the Castillo fumble/recovery, the Mets game 6 comeback in '86, Broncos being down by 10 points to the Raiders with 1:58 or so on a Labor day game back in the mid '90s and Elway scoring two TDs to win the game. The list goes on and on.

I have seen tough situations turn around enough, that I don't consider it a loss, until it is a loss.

BroncoWave
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM

You can doubt but it's pretty lame coming on here and going "oh no, it's over, we lost, we suck." Especially after last week you should have some faith!

Skywalker
09-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Gary Miller just talked to Cutler who said that he has now got gray hairs from the last two weeks.

That's me.

And I've almost had two heart attacks at 15.

:eek:

topscribe
09-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Right now, there have to be an awful lot of unhappy Raider fans and players.
Here, they thought they had won the game. They were jumping up and down,
high-fiving, screaming in delight. Then come to find that didn't happen at all.
They're going to have to re-kick, and this time it is missed. Then they have to
watch the other team go down the field and win in with their own field goal.

Man, what a bummer. That really stinks.

:D ......:dancing2:

-----

Den21vsBal19
09-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Right now, there have to be an awful lot of unhappy Raider fans and players.
Here, they thought they had won the game. They were jumping up and down,
high-fiving, screaming in delight. Then come to find that didn't happen at all.
They're going to have to re-kick, and this time it is missed. Then they have to
watch the other team go down the field and win in with their own field goal.

Man, what a bummer. That really stinks.

:D ......:dancing2:

-----

You know, Top, you've got a bit of a mean streak :laugh:

Jaws
09-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Shark prepares for another six days in bed to recover from yet another fintip biter.

;)

topscribe
09-16-2007, 07:44 PM
You know, Top, you've got a bit of a mean streak :laugh:
Why, thank you! That's the nicest thing I've heard all day. :beer:

But actually, I wouldn't call it a mean streak. I call it hate. :mad::fight:

-----

Den21vsBal19
09-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Why, thank you! That's the nicest thing I've heard all day. :beer:

But actually, I wouldn't call it a mean streak. I call it hate. :mad::fight:

-----

OK ;)

Well, I think my heart's finally slowed enough to let me sleep, see y'all later

Dean
09-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow! Another gut wrenching finish. I loved it. If I had more time I would watch the Raiders lose over and over again. :elefant:

On a down note I wasn't too thrilled about giving up 200 yards of rushing yardage. This is troubling. :shocked:

*Atwater*
09-16-2007, 08:01 PM
That's me.

Yeah me to Im thinking of investing in one of these
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0a/Street-defibrillator.jpg/800px-Street-defibrillator.jpg
before the next game.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Shark prepares for another six days in bed to recover from yet another fintip biter.

;)

Sharkie - many more of these, and you are not going to have any fins left, and then what - you will have to change to this :marchmellow::marchmellow:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2007, 08:09 PM
That's me.

Hang in there Sky - at 15, you have MANY more of these to go thru :eek:

TXBRONC
09-16-2007, 08:10 PM

:laugh: No kidding. Denver Broncos football isn't for the faint of heart.

Skywalker
09-16-2007, 08:33 PM

Thanks. Now I have something to look forward to when I'm 60 :D

topscribe
09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Yes, I've already been through many of them at 39. :whistle:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes, I've already been through many of them at 39. :whistle:

-----

Yeah - me too :behindsofa:

SmithOverTO
09-16-2007, 09:04 PM
So...um...did we really win or did I just insert the picture of Jason Elam chipping in a winning field goal into my already sleep-deprived brain?

Joel
09-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Wow! Another gut wrenching finish. I loved it. If I had more time I would watch the Raiders lose over and over again. :elefant:

On a down note I wasn't too thrilled about giving up 200 yards of rushing yardage. This is troubling. :shocked:
Yeah, I hear ya. If you'd told me as recently as a month ago we'd be all alone in first place in the AFC West come week two I'd be thrilled, but we had a come from behind road win against a poor team (the Steelers rocked the Bills today) and then had to win in OT at home against the worst team in the League, and were darned lucky to even have the chance after that first 51 yarder was good. I was forced to watch the Bears paste the Chiefs, so I only got to see the OT, but the one Raiders possession I saw a horrible offense that averaged just over 3 yards per carry last year and gave up a League leading 72 sacks run virtually at will. Not good at all, and it's the same thing a lot of folks have been saying since the first pre-season game: Our run D is porous, and if we don't fix it soon we're gonna be in big big trouble. I don't like seeing our WLB having to run down a guy from behind to save a TD, or John Lynch being FORCED to come up to make the stop Antwan Burton couldn't after a four yard gain. If we try that against the Bolts or Chiefs all our wonderful new rookie/HoF pass rushers won't have a chance to do anything, because who would throw on Denver when LaMont Freakin' Jordan can run for (a career best) 159 yards (on 25 carries, roughly 6.4 ypc) on us? At around 1800 CDT today I would have rather had Gerard Warrens one tackle (a sack on Cutler for 2 points) than Antwan Burtons one tackle.

On the other hand, two weeks in the Broncos, Texans and Cowboys are 2-0 and in first place in their respective Divisions (all but the Texans are ALONE in first, even if it's only half a game for Dallas until Philly beats the 'Skins), so I really can't complain. Before we start patting ourselves on the backs though, look at the schedule: We have a really soft schedule early and should be winning most games; after that it gets TOUGH, and we better do more than post a combined 38-35 score against two teams that were a combined 9-23 last year. Right now I'd take Kubiaks new team over his old one when we play them on the road.

EDIT: After looking at the play by play and drive charts, it looks like Cutler's gonna have to rein himself in a bit, not try to do like Favre and put the game on his back, because he's got a team around him on offense, and every time Favre tries to do it alone he gives up 2+ picks (Cutler today: 23/33, 269, 1 TD, 2 Ints; PR 78.98). Other than that the main problem with the run D looks like it let up in the 4th, particularly in OT, and hopefully that will happen less; right now all of our defensive linemen except Burton and Gordon are playing their first season in thin air. So I won't throw the defensive tackles under the bus after all; the game looks like it was well in hand until the safety and the Cutler Int for a TD let Chokeland back into it. Even the red zone offense didn't look horrible; the two minute drill at the end of the first half got us points, and if Marshall doesn't push off and Elam miss a short one later the game doesn't go to OT (particularly since the Raiders got good field position following the 44 yard miss, and scored a TD off it). Gotta like the three interceptions and 5 ypc from Henry, and I suppose it's not surprising a young offense will have some trouble against a good D, but if/when I start doing the weekly QB ratings again this season the Int for a TD and safety sack will hurt Cutlers numbers.

sneakers
09-16-2007, 11:58 PM
I like reading this thread and then trying to figure out what part of the game people are talking about.

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 06:35 AM
I like reading this thread and then trying to figure out what part of the game people are talking about.

It does get interesting trying to figure out where everyone is at in the conversation.

Retired_Member_001
09-17-2007, 10:59 AM

I can't wait for kick-off. ;)