PDA

View Full Version : I'll Have That With Mustard ... Or Without ... Or Maybe ...

topscribe
09-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Poor Chad Mustard must feel as if he's caught in a revolving door. I'll bet his
writing hand must be cramping up about now.

But who'da thunk Alexander would have been cut for him? Is Mustard good
enough for the team, or is he not? It doesn't seem they can make up their
minds, does it? :confused:

Here's the story: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3021841&campaign=rsssrch&source=denver+broncos

-----

TXBRONC
09-15-2007, 10:04 PM
I wonder if they will leave Chad at tackle or move him back to TE.

At any rate, I'm not surprised that Alexander got cut.

Oh before I forget my manners completely, thanks Top. :beer:

DenBronx
09-15-2007, 10:30 PM
im pretty sure mustard stays this time. alexander is one demensional mustard can play te and now is a project for dt. so mustard might have more upside.

really i think the reason is we dont need so many te's plus sheffler looks like he ready to start playing again. sheffler is a huge target in the redzone and i cant wait to see this guy back in uniform.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-15-2007, 10:37 PM
im pretty sure mustard stays this time. alexander is one demensional mustard can play te and now is a project for dt. so mustard might have more upside.

really i think the reason is we dont need so many te's plus sheffler looks like he ready to start playing again. sheffler is a huge target in the redzone and i cant wait to see this guy back in uniform.

for DT:confused:

i think you mean OT right, correct me if im wrong, he is a good blocker i and clearly has enough speed to be on our line, just need him to gain some weight otherwise hes gonna get tossed around

TXBRONC
09-15-2007, 10:40 PM

i think you mean OT right, correct me if im wrong, he is a good blocker i and clearly has enough speed to be on our line, just need him to gain some weight otherwise hes gonna get tossed around

Actually I think Mustard was an OT in college.

DenBronx
09-15-2007, 11:06 PM

thats what i meant, sorry.

Actually I think Mustard was an OT in college.

this explains the transition then. he's not just a project but he has a history here. no wonder denver has been trying to hold on to him. if graham is on one side and mutard on the other then henry would have a good blocker on either side. i think mustard would be in mainly on running plays and goal line sets.

SM19
09-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Glad to hear it. Alexander doesn't bring anything special to the table in terms of receiving or blocking, while Mustard is at least an excellent blocker.

dogfish
09-15-2007, 11:52 PM
But who'da thunk Alexander would have been cut for him?

i would have-- i predicted in my TC preview thread that mustard would beat out alexander for the final TE spot on the roster (technically, i suppose he's listed as an OL now, but you get my point). . .

i think mustard is more valuable to the team, so i like this move. . .

TXBRONC
09-16-2007, 12:11 AM
i would have-- i predicted in my TC preview thread that mustard would beat out alexander for the final TE spot on the roster (technically, i suppose he's listed as an OL now, but you get my point). . .

i think mustard is more valuable to the team, so i like this move. . .

I guess he still passes mustard. :D

dogfish
09-16-2007, 02:07 AM
I guess he still passes mustard. :D

shenanigans may never have intended to get rid of him-- he probably only released him to prevent hacks from saying the broncos couldn't cut the mustard. . .

*ba-dum-BUM!*

where's the :sheepish: smilie when ya need it. . . ?

Retired_Member_001
09-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I think cutting Alexander is a good move.

Daniel Graham will not be happy when I say this but now he have the perfect TE combo, a great blocking TE (Daniel Graham) and a great receiving TE (Tony Scheffler).

Why would we need Alexander then? We already have reasonable backups.

I'm not so sure about Chad Mustard at OT, but if he can backup in several positions then it's a good move for depth.

keithbishop
09-16-2007, 10:58 AM
shenanigans may never have intended to get rid of him-- he probably only released him to prevent hacks from saying the broncos couldn't cut the mustard. . .

*ba-dum-BUM!*

I thought it was funny, my friend.

As part of my "just tell the truth" policy, however, I should tell you that no one else even grinned. To be fair, I don't think it was because the line wasn't funny.... it's just that no one else likes you. :laugh:

Just playing, of course.....

GEM
09-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I think a lot of us clammored for Alexander's release during training camp. Pretty one dimensional. I feel bad for Mustard and the revolving door. Pretty good way of demoralizing a guy.....you're good enough....you're not good enough...oh wait you are good enough. Make up your minds and cut who needs to be cut in the beginning. :tsk:

dogfish
09-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I thought it was funny, my friend.

As part of my "just tell the truth" policy, however, I should tell you that no one else even grinned. To be fair, I don't think it was because the line wasn't funny.... it's just that no one else likes you. :laugh:

dang, now i know how alexander feels. . . . :laugh:

good to see you and GEM over here!

:cheers:

topscribe
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM

*ba-dum-BUM!*

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_nervous.gif There you go.

(Had to steal it. :laugh: )

-----