PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn

Tom Nalen
08-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Is it just me or does Brady Quinn not look enthused to play the game of football. I saw some training camp highlights of Quinn and even today, Quinn looked like he did not want to be there. He looked very non-chalant. I think he has finally realized that Tebow is the future and Orton is the present. There is really no room for him on this team

Northman
08-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe. He seemed to have a bad attitude from the day he was drafted. I remember watching the draft and he was in the green room pouting because no one had taken him until cleveland did later on. Maybe he doesnt have the drive anymore but either way Tebow clearly outplayed him tonight.

Tom Nalen
08-15-2010, 10:31 PM
I remember that too. It just pisses me off. I don't see any fire in him at all. After that pick-6 he threw, he did not look the least bit concerned. You can clearly tell from his facial expressions he does not want to be there.

SOCALORADO.
08-15-2010, 10:33 PM
He looks good walking up to the line, making his reads, going under center, taking the snap, and his throwing mechanics are good, but the ball just goes off into space.
something happens when he is throwing to the intended reciever.
Its weird. Its like he closes his eyes, and then throws it.

GEM
08-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I hope he gets cut. I really don't like the guy.

jhildebrand
08-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Its all part of his masterplan to get himself released to find a starting spot elsewhere even if it is for some terrible team!

BORDERLINE
08-15-2010, 11:14 PM
you know last year Orton threw 3 picks to the 49ers all-star secondary. This was just a bad day and that was all. With that said I believe Tebow should beat him out for back-up duty. And if he ends up a third string q.b then the Broncos should trade him

Buff
08-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I think he's just struggling and probably sees the writing on the wall.

I don't think it's a character issue or motivation issue, he just isn't that good and everyone has pretty much figured that out. Failure is tough on anyone's psyche.

Ziggy
08-15-2010, 11:17 PM

Some idiot predicted earlier this week that he wouldn't be on the opening day roster. Maybe Quinn is just trying to prove them right.;)

Tom Nalen
08-15-2010, 11:25 PM
you know last year Orton threw 3 picks to the 49ers all-star secondary. This was just a bad day and that was all. With that said I believe Tebow should beat him out for back-up duty. And if he ends up a third string q.b then the Broncos should trade him

The thing about Orton is he has the Jake Plummer " I do not care if I make a mistake I am going to keep trying" mentality. Quinn just seems to hang his head. Believe me, I want him to do great but it seems that if he going to be playing football this year, it will not be for the Broncos. There is just no room at the QB position.

DenBronx
08-15-2010, 11:25 PM

I don't know if I can say I don't like him. He might be a good person but I can say if he hurts the football team and doesn't play at a high level then we need to trade or cut him. He doesn't seem to be that good of a leader and doesn't seem to be that into proving he was worthy of getting drafted in the 1st. It seems like he got his NFL payday and is done mentally.

With the need for a DE, RB and pass catching TE we might need the roster space. If Tebow is the future then lets get him involved now. I'd love to see what he could do wth the 1st team offense.

But...we still have 3 preseason games left and anything can happen.

DenBronx
08-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Bottom line is Tebow wants it more than Quinn and you can't teach or coach that on someone. They have to already have it in them. You can already see that Tebow has tons of heart and will win no matter what.

Plus, I think he is a true TEAM leader. He has already gained the support and respect of the locker room and that alone goes along way. :salute:

PAINTERDAVE
08-15-2010, 11:42 PM
That is probably an accurate asessment about Quinn's realization of his place.

IF... the next season is a holdout year...

Brady might not be playing again until 2012.... with some other team.

Overtime
08-15-2010, 11:42 PM
I remember that too. It just pisses me off. I don't see any fire in him at all. After that pick-6 he threw, he did not look the least beat concerned. You can clearly tell from his facial expressions he does not want to be there.

that's a sign of a veteran QB with the maturity to shake it off and not let it bother him or be rattled by it.

it's only the first pre-season game, he'll be alright.

Kapaibro
08-16-2010, 12:32 AM
Maybe. He seemed to have a bad attitude from the day he was drafted. I remember watching the draft and he was in the green room pouting because no one had taken him until cleveland did later on. Maybe he doesnt have the drive anymore but either way Tebow clearly outplayed him tonight.

On the day he was drafted the NFL had super-hyped him, kept the cameras on him, and then when it became apparent that he wasn't going to be drafted top 20, the NFL moved him into the green room.

I'd be peeved, irritated, embarrassed, ashamed and humiliated (which were all emotions I saw on his face) if I was in that situation.

Since that time, he has presented a positive approach.

sneakers
08-16-2010, 01:21 AM

Still getting that $4.5 million this season....(just has to do the bare minimum not to get fired (just like in office space))

smith49
08-16-2010, 02:13 AM
well, i know im not the first one to say this, but i think everyone reads waaaaaay too much into preseason sometimes.

i know quinn looked like garbage tonight, but lets give the guy a chance. i neither like or dislike him as a qb so im not trying to hype him or be down on him at all. i just think its way too early to condemn a guy that is learning a system that im sure has plenty of differences in it from what he was doing in cleveland. also, he is comming from cleveland where lossing is eccepted. it may take a bit before he can see that in denver you win or go home.....

just relax and give the guy a chance to at least get some more reps in before judgment, or dont. i just never read a whole lot into pre-season play, good or bad.

Tom Nalen
08-16-2010, 02:52 AM
well, i know im not the first one to say this, but i think everyone reads waaaaaay too much into preseason sometimes.

i know quinn looked like garbage tonight, but lets give the guy a chance. i neither like or dislike him as a qb so im not trying to hype him or be down on him at all. i just think its way too early to condemn a guy that is learning a system that im sure has plenty of differences in it from what he was doing in cleveland. also, he is comming from cleveland where lossing is eccepted. it may take a bit before he can see that in denver you win or go home.....

just relax and give the guy a chance to at least get some more reps in before judgment, or dont. i just never read a whole lot into pre-season play, good or bad.

I agree, but at this point I do not think Quinn does not have luxury of waiting and seeing.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
08-16-2010, 04:22 AM
Told you guys brady quinn sucked haha

Lonestar
08-16-2010, 04:32 AM
I agree, but at this point I do not think Quinn does not have luxury of waiting and seeing.

Unless Josh knows more than he is letting on, do not read more into tonites play.

Like other positions QB is one of the toughest to come around REGARDING getting the playbook and speed of the game.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Skinny
08-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Told you guys brady quinn sucked haha
Yeah, you really went out on a limb on that one.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

HORSEPOWER 56
08-16-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm going to reserve judgment on Quinn until I see him in a few more games. The one pretty pass he threw was dropped, the O-line didn't protect him well, and as with the other two QBs, the running game was non-existent.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him because it doesn't really matter to me what happens to him in the long run, but if he's trying to supplant Orton or even be the #2 guy, then he needs to do better.

I won't compare Quinn to Tebow, either. Tebow is... well... Tim Muthaf'n Tebow for God's sake. This cat just don't know how to lose and if he does it's not for lack of effort. There's a reason he did so well in college and won a Heisman and two NCs. I expected Tebow to play like he did last night... like a rookie, but a rookie who'll put the offense on his back and make plays. Tebow is the real deal and anyone who doesn't already realize that will very soon. Just in case people forgot, he's the GREATEST COLLEGE PLAYER OF ALL TIME. Not because he's bigger, faster, or stronger than everyone else (even though he is in a lot of cases), but because he WORKS HARDER.

If Quinn had that work ethic, he'd be successful. He has all the physical tools to succeed.

Dirk
08-16-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm with you HP56. I want to see Quinn a few more times.

Unfortunately it's going to be hard to get a real feel for what he is about because the depth of our OLine is frightening to say the least. Both Quinn and Tebow had defenders in their faces.

Besides, it was the first semi-real game that Quinn has played in this offense. So it's expected for him not to be spot on.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Brady Quinn sux out loud.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-16-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm with you HP56. I want to see Quinn a few more times.

Unfortunately it's going to be hard to get a real feel for what he is about because the depth of our OLine is frightening to say the least. Both Quinn and Tebow had defenders in their faces.

Besides, it was the first semi-real game that Quinn has played in this offense. So it's expected for him not to be spot on.

Not spot on? How bout at least a little on??? Did you see those balls soaring over the WRs heads and out of bounds. That aint "not feeling the system" Them thar are awful passes.

Jagsbch
08-16-2010, 08:31 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d819c7f97_gallery_600.jpg

SOCALORADO.
08-16-2010, 08:41 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d819c7f97_gallery_600.jpg

I actually said out loud to put in Tebow at this point.

Quinn looked like he took a Benedryl a 1/2 hour before he went in.

claymore
08-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Anyone who said the Quinn for Hillis trade was a good idea/an incredible deal.... Didnt know anything about Quinn.

GEM
08-16-2010, 08:56 AM
The team seemed to deflate when he came in. Any momentum built seemed to go away. I don't think it was all him and I know that it was a change in the level of play from the 1's to the 2's, but it seemed like they don't rally around the guy, at all.

nbenallo33
08-16-2010, 09:11 AM
The team seemed to deflate when he came in. Any momentum built seemed to go away. I don't think it was all him and I know that it was a change in the level of play from the 1's to the 2's, but it seemed like they don't rally around the guy, at all.

yeah i saw the same thing.. when Quinn came in they were flat. wonder what his chemistry is with the team?
when Tebow came in all the coaches and players were comming up to him
i dont remember any players around Quinn

Tempus Fugit
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
yeah i saw the same thing.. when Quinn came in they were flat. wonder what his chemistry is with the team?
when Tebow came in all the coaches and players were comming up to him
i dont remember any players around Quinn

Quinn's in a brutal position. Orton's the starter and has been around for a year. Tebow is a rock star. Quinn's a guy who was playing for the Browns.

I'm not a big Quinn supporter, but the guy's getting the short straw, just as he did in Cleveland.*

*Although one could argue that his holding out in Cleveland is largely responsible for what happened there.

TXBRONC
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM

No doubt Tebow did good for his first outing.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Last night on All Access on ch4, they ran a sit down that Gary Miller had with Coach McD in Cincinnati before the game, and Coach McD said that both Quinn and Tebow are experiencing what Orton did last year - trying to learn the new system.

Also, after the game, before Coach McD left the field, he again talked with Gary, and stated that both Quinn and Tebow made mistakes, which he was glad for, as that is what they will be working on this week.

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Quinn's in a brutal position. Orton's the starter and has been around for a year. Tebow is a rock star. Quinn's a guy who was playing for the Browns.

I'm not a big Quinn supporter, but the guy's getting the short straw, just as he did in Cleveland.*

*Although one could argue that his holding out in Cleveland is largely responsible for what happened there.

Thats an understatement. He's trapped between a solid incumbent and a force of nature. Quinn is just trying to get traction on his own career and he has these two guys whizzing by him in the fast lane.

GEM
08-16-2010, 09:37 AM
My boss and I are contacting the Broncos organization for a possible trade. We have some really, really good looking female bartenders and we want a trade.

Brady Quinn for a couple of hot new cheerleaders.

We need a larger female crowd and Quinn would look FANTASTIC behind the bar. The Broncos need better looking cheerleaders. I think we have a shot. :D

BroncoWave
08-16-2010, 09:41 AM

Thats an understatement. He's trapped between a solid incumbent and a force of nature. Quinn is just trying to get traction on his own career and he has these two guys whizzing by him in the fast lane.

I don't feel sorry for him. Life's tough, especially in the NFL. There are 31 other teams watching other teams in the preseason. Just because he has no future in Denver doesn't mean he can't suck it up, go out there and try to put on a show to impress another team. If he's gonna hang his head because of who his competition is, then I don't have any time for him. Just get out of the way and let the other 2 guys play.

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 09:42 AM
My boss and I are contacting the Broncos organization for a possible trade. We have some really, really good looking female bartenders and we want a trade.

Brady Quinn for a couple of hot new cheerleaders.

We need a larger female crowd and Quinn would look FANTASTIC behind the bar. The Broncos need better looking cheerleaders. I think we have a shot. :D

Why do you dislike Quinn so much?

How do your girls feel about Quinn?

claymore
08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't feel sorry for him. Life's tough, especially in the NFL. There are 31 other teams watching other teams in the preseason. Just because he has no future in Denver doesn't mean he can't suck it up, go out there and try to put on a show to impress another team. If he's gonna hang his head because of who his competition is, then I don't have any time for him. Just get out of the way and let the other 2 guys play.

I wish my worst case was just being a millionaire!

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 09:44 AM

I think we have to hang on to this guy, even if he's 3rd on the depth chart unless maybe they can get Kevin OConnell or whoever that guy was that was cut from New England.

GEM
08-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Why do you dislike Quinn so much?

How do your girls feel about Quinn?

He's not a good QB...he got traded out of the Browns, by Holmgren who knows a few things about QB's. He is not a good QB. He doesn't seem to be excited to be out there. He will do my Broncos no good. I am a fan of my team, not a player. He won't help my team, so no reason to waste either's time.

They think he is a fantastic looking male, just like me. Too bad that seems to be all he has. :shrugs:

BroncoWave
08-16-2010, 09:48 AM
I think we have to hang on to this guy, even if he's 3rd on the depth chart unless maybe they can get Kevin OConnell or whoever that guy was that was cut from New England.

I'm not saying we should cut him now, he should at least stick on the roster for this season, but if he is hanging his head or feeling sorry for himself (I'm not saying he is, just saying IF he is) they Denver shouldn't waste any more time on giving him second team reps with Tebow waiting in the wings.

Mike
08-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Quinn's learning the system. Orton looked pretty bad last year in the preseason too. I don't know if he will get better, but I know it is probably too early to tell.

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 09:57 AM
He's not a good QB...he got traded out of the Browns, by Holmgren who knows a few things about QB's. He is not a good QB. He doesn't seem to be excited to be out there. He will do my Broncos no good. I am a fan of my team, not a player. He won't help my team, so no reason to waste either's time.

They think he is a fantastic looking male, just like me. Too bad that seems to be all he has. :shrugs:

I agree with you. He seems to be damaged goods and like he's dodging traffic on the freeway. And I also kind of agree that he's not feeling it in Denver either. But I actually wonder if he's realized its not going to happen for him in the NFL but he's just going through the motions.

And the thing that sucks is his trade value isnt very high either.

But I also think its kind of important to step back and think about the fact that Quinn looks bad and is made to look worse because we actually have two other QBs who are doing a good job. If you would have told me several weeks ago that Tebow and Orton would be doing well, I would have been OK with 2 out of 3 QBs stepping up their games.

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Quinn's learning the system. Orton looked pretty bad last year in the preseason too. I don't know if he will get better, but I know it is probably too early to tell.

Yeah, but the difference is theres more competition for Quinn now than there was for Orton last year. Quinn's not likely going to get the reps Orton got last year.

GEM
08-16-2010, 10:03 AM

Tebow is learning the system as well and found a way to make some things happen in his first NFL game. Quinn has been a starter in this league and has been in this very system before. I'm not buying the learning the system for a guy who spent his entire college career in basically the same system.

Tempus Fugit
08-16-2010, 10:16 AM

It has nothing to do with feeling sorry for him. It has to do with recognizing the situation, and trying to understand the repercussions.

Tempus Fugit
08-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Tebow is learning the system as well and found a way to make some things happen in his first NFL game. Quinn has been a starter in this league and has been in this very system before. I'm not buying the learning the system for a guy who spent his entire college career in basically the same system.

1.) Tebow threw a pass that could easily have been a pick, and maybe even a pick-6. He missed blitz reads, left the pocket too quickly, and began dropping the ball low again. That's being ignored. Meanwhile, Quinn's night could have been greatly helped by receivers holding onto passes and the team carting out some semblance of a running game, but he's not being cut any slack.

2.) The McDaniels system is really not "basically the same" as the Weis system. It's more complex and relies on a different set of base passes and routes. While it did grow out of the Weis system, the influence of the Florida spread is significant, which actually gives Tebow a leg up over Quinn when it comes to grasping the system.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2010, 10:25 AM

The two guys who were sitting in for Vic & Gary this morning stated that no one realizes how complex of a system this is. Tebow found a way to make some things happen, because he also has scrambling ability. Not all QB's have that - two of the best QB's do not - Brady and Manning.

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 10:27 AM
1.) Tebow threw a pass that could easily have been a pick, and maybe even a pick-6. He missed blitz reads, left the pocket too quickly, and began dropping the ball low again. That's being ignored. Meanwhile, Quinn's night could have been greatly helped by receivers holding onto passes and the team carting out some semblance of a running game, but he's not being cut any slack.

2.) The McDaniels system is really not "basically the same" as the Weis system. It's more complex and relies on a different set of base passes and routes. While it did grow out of the Weis system, the influence of the Florida spread is significant, which actually gives Tebow a leg up over Quinn when it comes to grasping the system.

I dont think that one that was almost picked (that was thrown to Willis) was a pick 6. Its not like it was thrown in the flat and its not even like it was an easy catch.

GEM
08-16-2010, 10:27 AM

You want to cut him slack, have at it, that's your right. I don't have to and won't. He's a veteran who failed in Cleveland and didn't look any better here.

GEM
08-16-2010, 10:28 AM
The two guys who were sitting in for Vic & Gary this morning stated that no one realizes how complex of a system this is. Tebow found a way to make some things happen, because he also has scrambling ability. Not all QB's have that - two of the best QB's do not - Brady and Manning.

So what was his excuse in Cleveland? He's had excuses since entering the league, but let's just give him a few more and hope to goodness he doesn't see any real time in Denver, because he's maybe half a step better than Simms.

Tempus Fugit
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
You want to cut him slack, have at it, that's your right. I don't have to and won't. He's a veteran who failed in Cleveland and didn't look any better here.

I'm not cutting him slack. I'm just noting the situation. The McDaniels system came out of the Weis system, but it's had significant changes. Many of those changes are the result of Belichick's numerous talks/visits with Urban. In some ways, that gives Tebow the leg up on Quinn.

Also, the Tebow stuff is partially being fueled by bias, both pro and con. Other teams' boards who followed the game had a much harsher assessment of the job he did.

P.S. Here's an NFL.com story that touches on what I'm trying to get say.

n the 2001 season, when New England won its first Super Bowl, the Patriots ranked 22nd in the league in passing offense and 19th in total offense. By 2004, when the Patriots won the Super Bowl for the third time and Brady had established himself, their passing offense had improved to 11th and their total offense had risen to seventh. A year later, after the first exchange of ideas between Belichick and Meyer, New England was No. 2 in passing. And this year, the Patriots ranked first both in passing (295.7 yards a game) and total offense (411.3). Both of those figures are more than 100 yards a game ahead of New England's 2001 team.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?confirm=true&id=09000d5d80649978&template=with-video

Weis left after 2004, so the stuff from Florida is exclusive of his system.

GEM
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm not cutting him slack. I'm just noting the situation. The McDaniels system came out of the Weis system, but it's had significant changes. Many of those changes are the result of Belichick's numerous talks/visits with Urban. In some ways, that gives Tebow the leg up on Quinn.

Also, the Tebow stuff is partially being fueled by bias, both pro and con. Other teams' boards who followed the game had a much harsher assessment of the job he did.

My opinion of Quinn is Quinn himself, not who is ahead of him or behind him. He's not a good NFL QB. I didn't say it was direct replica of this exact system, but the basis of this system is the system he played in. It's not completely foreign to him. I didn't see anything from him last night to change the opinion I already had of him while he was in Cleveland. He is not the type of QB that can make more of his ability or more of the players around him.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2010, 10:44 AM
So what was his excuse in Cleveland? He's had excuses since entering the league, but let's just give him a few more and hope to goodness he doesn't see any real time in Denver, because he's maybe half a step better than Simms.

Not giving him excuses - just saying that it will take him, as well as Tebow, time to learn the system, just like it did Orton. And, it may end up that Quinn will not fit. Also, Quinn would have looked a little better if the receiver would have made the catch.

GEM
08-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Not giving him excuses - just saying that it will take him, as well as Tebow, time to learn the system, just like it did Orton. And, it may end up that Quinn will not fit. Also, Quinn would have looked a little better if the receiver would have made the catch.

All I can say is....don't count on it. :shrugs:

Tempus Fugit
08-16-2010, 10:49 AM
My opinion of Quinn is Quinn himself, not who is ahead of him or behind him. He's not a good NFL QB. I didn't say it was direct replica of this exact system, but the basis of this system is the system he played in. It's not completely foreign to him. I didn't see anything from him last night to change the opinion I already had of him while he was in Cleveland. He is not the type of QB that can make more of his ability or more of the players around him.

We're all entitled to our opinions. What I saw last night was a man playing game one of the exhibition season. If he'd have gone 50-for-50 for 1000 yards and 17 touchdowns, I'd be saying the same thing.

GEM
08-16-2010, 10:51 AM
We're all entitled to our opinions. What I saw last night was a man playing game one of the exhibition season. If he'd have gone 50-for-50 for 1000 yards and 17 touchdowns, I'd be saying the same thing.

Exactly. I don't mind your opinion, I just don't happen to agree with it. :)

broncofaninfla
08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I guess the thing that bugged me most with Quinn is not being able to evalaute some of the WR's. Some of his passes were so far off target they never had a chance. Hopefully the "bubble" WR's get a chance to play with Orton during the pre-season so they can be evaluated better.
It's pre-season, it's early hopefully Quinn can bounce back but as it stands now, he was the worst QB Denver fielded Sunday night.

Northman
08-16-2010, 11:38 AM
On the day he was drafted the NFL had super-hyped him, kept the cameras on him, and then when it became apparent that he wasn't going to be drafted top 20, the NFL moved him into the green room.

I'd be peeved, irritated, embarrassed, ashamed and humiliated (which were all emotions I saw on his face) if I was in that situation.

Since that time, he has presented a positive approach.

The NFL super hypes everyone who is considered first round talent.

Northman
08-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, but the difference is theres more competition for Quinn now than there was for Orton last year. Quinn's not likely going to get the reps Orton got last year.

Total understatement. I agree with the article posted up here this morning about possibly moving Tebow to the #2 position so he doesnt get killed and can get more time behind Orton. Quinn didnt just look bad last night, he looked abysmal.

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Total understatement. I agree with the article posted up here this morning about possibly moving Tebow to the #2 position so he doesnt get killed and can get more time behind Orton. Quinn didnt just look bad last night, he looked abysmal.

Not only that, but because of the rule restrictions placed on the 3rd QB, it makes sense to keep Tebow at 2nd anyway so they can run their packages for him.

BigDaddyBronco
08-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Put it this way, if Orton gets crushed and goes out for a couple games, does Quinn give you a chance to win?

I would rather have Tebow out there learning and possibly making things happen, then watching Quinn fail. Reminds me of Sims last year.

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Put it this way, if Orton gets crushed and goes out for a couple games, does Quinn give you a chance to win?

I would rather have Tebow out there learning and possibly making things happen, then watching Quinn fail. Reminds me of Sims last year.

It depends on how the offensive line is performing. Id rather use Quinn as a crash test dummy than Tebow.

BigDaddyBronco
08-16-2010, 12:07 PM
It depends on how the offensive line is performing. Id rather use Quinn as a crash test dummy than Tebow.
I dcon't know Tebow is a hoss. He looks like he can take a pounding, then again so does Quinn. At least a different type of pounding.

Mike
08-16-2010, 12:08 PM

Tebow, while really raw, brings the ability to create something out of nothing. That is something that can help when the o-line isn't up to snuff and is something that Quinn doesn't possess. Still, I hope he learns to avoid taking head on collisions with LBs from now on. He won't last too long taking shots like he took on that TD run.

Sconnie Bronco
08-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Tebow, while really raw, brings the ability to create something out of nothing. That is something that can help when the o-line isn't up to snuff and is something that Quinn doesn't possess.

I agree but it just takes one hit and Id rather Quinn be the crash test dummy while Tebow is learning to see the field.

dogfish
08-16-2010, 02:00 PM

yep. . . he's just a terrible excuse for a football player, and no amount of time in any system is ever going to change that. . .

but, apparently he needs to fail in three or four places before people can let go of the fact that he supposedly had potential. . .

*shrugs*

mcdaniels isn't stupid, and if we keep quinn this year, we certainly won't beyond that. . .

Tned
08-16-2010, 02:37 PM
yep. . . he's just a terrible excuse for a football player, and no amount of time in any system is ever going to change that. . .

but, apparently he needs to fail in three or four places before people can let go of the fact that he supposedly had potential. . .

*shrugs*

mcdaniels isn't stupid, and if we keep quinn this year, we certainly won't beyond that. . .

Come on, give him a break. There is no question, he is one Hillis of a quarterback.... ;)

claymore
08-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Come on, give him a break. There is no question, he is one Hillis of a quarterback.... ;)

:Yardog:

broncophan
08-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Quinn could not beat out Derek Anderson in Cleveland......that says alot right there.

Quinn will have a couple more opportunities to prove himself.....if he can't ....then c'ya....

claymore
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Quinn could not beat out Kyle Orton in Denver. That says alot too.

broncophan
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Quinn could not beat out Kyle Orton in Denver. That says alot too.

lol.......I think Orton is def. better than Anderson.....imo.....and if Quinn cannot start ahead of Anderson for the doomed franchise in Clev........then how is he going to start for a successful Bronco franchise....??.......as I said.....it is his opportunity......earn a spot.....or c'ya..

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Not long ago, Mike and Scott on FM104.3TheFan said, not because of the QB play yesterday, but because, if Coach McD wants to get Tebow in the games, he will be the 2nd QB.

GEM
08-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Not long ago, Mike and Scott on FM104.3TheFan said, not because of the QB play yesterday, but because, if Coach McD wants to get Tebow in the games, he will be the 2nd QB.

And Quinn isn't doing anything to make a case for him being #2.

Tempus Fugit
08-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Quinn could not beat out Derek Anderson in Cleveland......that says alot right there.

Quinn will have a couple more opportunities to prove himself.....if he can't ....then c'ya....

Anderson made the Pro Bowl that year. A rookie losing out to that isn't exactly front page news.

broncophan
08-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Anderson made the Pro Bowl that year. A rookie losing out to that isn't exactly front page news.

LOL.......Anderson had one o.k. season......and nobody expected Quinn to win the starting job his rookie season......even if his competition was Anderson.......not sure where I even said that.....:confused:

Tned
08-16-2010, 04:11 PM
FWIW, my take on Quinn.

First, as an Arky homer, I was disappointed to see Hillis traded and think he could have helped this team.

With that out of the way. I don't think we can or should judge Quinn on one preseason game. He's under contract for a few years, and by all accounts McDaniels offense is difficult to grasp (I guess a combination of the terminology and it being so situationally based). So, Quinn and Tebow are where Orton and Simms were last year, thinking about what they are supposed to do, rather than just doing it.

A former head coach used to say that you can't really judge a QB in a system until his third year. Orton is just entering his second year, and Quinn is in his first -- I don't think we can use his college experience as "in the system time".

It's very possible that Quinn will turn things around and turn out to be a productive backup or starter.

Anyway, just my two pence worth.

Tempus Fugit
08-16-2010, 04:20 PM
LOL.......Anderson had one o.k. season......and nobody expected Quinn to win the starting job his rookie season......even if his competition was Anderson.......not sure where I even said that.....:confused:

Quinn held out his rookie season. That's the year he could have been in and been in position to take over once the Browns gave the quick hook to their one game starter, Charlie Frye. Anderson took that spot, though, and went on to become a Pro Bowl QB that year. Why would you expect that the Browns would have benched Anderson after that first year? In year 3, which is after that Pro Bowl smell washed off of Anderson, Quinn started 9 games.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2010, 04:22 PM
I agree with you Tned in regards to Quinn.

What is amazing me is that Kyle had a GREAT game last night, and very little mention about him by most on here (not directed at you Tned, just a general comment), and how well he looked, how he was doing things which he did not do last year, etc.

Tned
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
I agree with you Tned in regards to Quinn.

What is amazing me is that Kyle had a GREAT game last night, and very little mention about him by most on here (not directed at you Tned, just a general comment), and how well he looked, how he was doing things which he did not do last year, etc.

I think it's a combination of Tebowmania and that things are so 'uneasy' among Broncos fans that it's easier to focus on the negatives.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I think it's a combination of Tebowmania and that things are so 'uneasy' among Broncos fans that it's easier to focus on the negatives.

Probably so, but when I heard Coach McD say, during the off season, and during training camp, that Kyle was the starter, I certainly felt much better with that when I saw him do what he did last night.

broncophan
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Quinn held out his rookie season. That's the year he could have been in and been in position to take over once the Browns gave the quick hook to their one game starter, Charlie Frye. Anderson took that spot, though, and went on to become a Pro Bowl QB that year. Why would you expect that the Browns would have benched Anderson after that first year? In year 3, which is after that Pro Bowl smell washed off of Anderson, Quinn started 9 games.

I would expect that the browns would bench Anderson because he is just not a good qb......yes he had one o.k. year.......o.k........Quinn's third year.....he started half a season..............That sweet smelling pro bowl smell washed off pretty easily........because....Anderson was an alternate.....and the only reason he was there is because Tom Brady elected not to go.

so......it was Quinn's third year.....and he overtook good ol' Anderson's starting job......for albeit half a season.

I hope Quinn makes it......it's not that I am rooting against him.....I just don't expect much.....considering his past..........but then again....that was with the browns....