PDA

View Full Version : NFL Stadiums

KCL
09-15-2007, 08:02 PM
This is a site I found that has alot of history
about the Stadiums...its very interesting.

Take some time and check it out....
it would be good for a sticky IMO (hint hint)

I just noticed that the schedules are also on the site.

NFL Stadiums (http://www.stadiumsofprofootball.com/)

TXBRONC
09-19-2007, 11:27 AM

NFL Stadiums (http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/afc/ArrowheadStadium.htm)

I should have looked at this sooner, anyway thank you KCL. :salute:

KCL
09-19-2007, 03:21 PM
I should have looked at this sooner, anyway thank you KCL. :salute:

your welcome...I love reading the history about the stadiums and
sadly some have been gone for years!

Jody
10-28-2007, 04:59 PM

NFL Stadiums (http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/afc/ArrowheadStadium.htm)

KCL, as you know I lived in Kansas City for awhile back in 1980-1981, as a welder. I used to go to the Chiefs' games at Arrowhead. It's a fantastic stadium. Been to TWO Bronco's vs Chief's (still a novice) games since - and always have had a good time there. It's a little too cold for me in the winter though, as that stadium seems to have 50mph winds race through that, and the higher up your seat, the more you feel the sting of that winter wind. Had a lot of fun tailgaiting there over the years. Very interesting read!

EastCoastBronco
01-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I saw the Broncs play the Raiders in the old Mile High (1994). My wife(then girlfriend) and I took off from Saint John on a 2 week vacation, drove across the states in a week and somehow managed to get tickets the Friday before the game. They were still cleaning up the field from the Stones concert that had been there the night before. Great stadium. Great memories...

2- Minute Warning
07-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Great site. Funny how it starts with Arrowhead.:lol:

Oh nevermind.:D;)

KCL
07-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Great site. Funny how it starts with Arrowhead.:lol:

Oh nevermind.:D;)

Hey girl...how are you????

yea gotta have my home in first!:lol:

2- Minute Warning
07-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey girl...how are you????

yea gotta have my home in first!:lol:

We will forgive you this time.:defense:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
We will forgive you this time.:defense:

:hi: Great to see you on here :elefant:

2- Minute Warning
07-15-2008, 06:53 PM
:hi: Great to see you on here :elefant:

TY.:elefant:
I'm headed outdoors to enjoy this lovely evening, summer doesn't last long here in New England lol.:shocked:

Devilspawn
07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
My favorite NFL stadium to watch a game was by far Metropolitan Stadium. The Vikings had one of the best homefield advantages.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/metro365.jpg

Now THAT'S football weather! :elefant: :elefant:

KCL
07-15-2008, 08:15 PM
The 2008 schedules are on here.Thats cool that they update the schedules
with the new season.

I like this site.It's really cool to see the history behind some of the
stadiums!

Gene
08-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the link! I love web sites like that one.

I especially liked the part that showed all the past stadiums.

My favorite NFL stadium to watch a game was by far Metropolitan Stadium. The Vikings had one of the best homefield advantages.

I'm surprised.......it looks as if all the seats are a mile away from the field.

KCL
08-02-2008, 10:30 PM

I'm surprised.......it looks as if all the seats are a mile away from the field.

Welcome to the board...I thought some on here might enjoy this site as
much as I do!

tboltzcali
08-22-2008, 12:47 AM

I was there last year when the bolts got kicked. The stadium is a dump. The seats arent that far from the field though.

Dr Velcro
11-13-2008, 09:16 AM
The RCA Dome was the most wonderful place ever.

I miss it. It was a perfect fit.

Magnificent Seven
03-31-2009, 05:11 PM
New York Giant's new stadium for 2010.

http://www.nyg2010.com/

Magnificent Seven
03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
It looks sharp.

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Watching the Cowboys game...and just wondering....

WHAT KIND OF A MORON WOULD SPEND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON A STADIUM AND PUT A GIGANTIC JUMBO TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD HANGING FROM THE ROOF AND YEAT THE TV IS ONLY 100 FT ABOVE THE FIELD???

Tned
08-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Watching the Cowboys game...and just wondering....

WHAT KIND OF A MORON WOULD SPEND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON A STADIUM AND PUT A GIGANTIC JUMBO TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD HANGING FROM THE ROOF AND YEAT THE TV IS ONLY 100 FT ABOVE THE FIELD???

I don't know, but it is a hell of a jumbotron screen for the fans. It's pretty wild. We'll see how many punts hit it. It might be like the olympic dome in Montreal, it rarely becomes a real problem.

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't know, but it is a hell of a jumbotron screen for the fans. It's pretty wild. We'll see how many punts hit it. It might be like the olympic dome in Montreal, it rarely becomes a real problem.

Oh its awesome looking, but its already happened once tonight. Doesn't seem like good strategy if you need to punt around it if your aiming for a sideline or something. I bet if it becomes too much, they will spend another gazillion dollars to raise it.

Tned
08-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh its awesome looking, but its already happened once tonight. Doesn't seem like good strategy if you need to punt around it if your aiming for a sideline or something. I bet if it becomes too much, they will spend another gazillion dollars to raise it.

Did it happen in the game (I turned it off about 45 minutes ago) or just during the pregame warmups?

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Did it happen in the game (I turned it off about 45 minutes ago) or just during the pregame warmups?

It just happened right before I did my post. I saw the pre-game warmups hitting it..that was probably on purpose. After the one hit it in the game, they had to re-punt and the next punt would have hit it if not for being off to the side.

CraigHwk
09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
I grew up in the Central PA area and attended my fair share of Eagles games. Wow. Veterans Stadium. What memories I have of that place. What a freakin dump it was too.

I'll also be attending a concert in the new Dallas Stadium next month. Can't wait to see what that monster looks like.

slayer
09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Anyone been to Qwest Field? I'm going week 3 to see the Bears play. Any help is appreciated..

I've been to Soldier and Lucas Oil, and both are great.

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 09:09 PM
did you guys know that when the visiting team exits their locker room at mile high,the first thing they see is a giant sign painted on the wall that says "INVESCO FIELD AT MILE HIGH.....5280 ft above sea level"
it is designed to remind opposing teams that they are gonna be sucking air !;)

honz
09-17-2009, 10:04 PM
did you guys know that when the visiting team exits their locker room at mile high,the first thing they see is a giant sign painted on the wall that says "INVESCO FIELD AT MILE HIGH.....5280 ft above sea level"
it is designed to remind opposing teams that they are gonna be sucking air !;)

I have an image of that fatty Shaun Rogers sucking wind come the 2nd half on Sunday.

EastCoastBronco
09-18-2009, 06:39 AM
I was in Gillette stadium in Foxboro, Mass last October when we got our asses handed to us on the Monday nighter. What a beautiful facility that is. My buddy, who lives down there, had nosebleed seat tickets but we spent the entire game standing behind the "disabled" section on the first level. Other than the 50 yard line, they are the best "seats" in the house.

slayer
10-13-2009, 05:53 PM
BTW- go to Qwest Field. The 12th Man is no joke and the city is awesome.

WVUnBroncosfanJim
01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
I've been to four NFL stadiums in my young lifetime.

1) Invesco Field at Mile High (well, duh!) I was out in Colorado in Summer 2008 for work and snuck out of work one weekend to take a tour of the city of Denver, which included a tour of Invesco Field at Mile High.
2) Alltel/Jacksonville Municipal Stadium: I've been there twice, both times, WVU went to the Gator Bowl.
3) Cleveland Browns Stadium: Went there for Browns vs. Broncos in 2008. Browns fans are ********, but it's a nice stadium.
4) Heinz Field aka The Litterbox. I call it the Litterbox because it's where WVU's arch-rivals, the Pitt Panthers play their games. Oh, did I mention it's also a dump!?

I've been by Lucas Oil Stadium shortly before it opened. Believe it or not, took a Greyhound from Des Moines, IA back to WV. The Indy Greyhound station was near Lucas Oil Stadium. Also, I've been by Bank of America stadium several times when I've been in Charlotte and have driven by Charlotte.