PDA

View Full Version : Before entering thread. What is the most imprortant thing you are looking to see tomorrow night?

Jagsbch
08-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Richard Quinn has been a beast at catching the ball in camp, will that be something we should expect from the monstrous TE for this season; this after not having one reception last season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91Ax7PeSuM

BroncoWave
08-14-2010, 02:22 PM
There are only 2 things I care about in preseason games: no injuries, and to see how the rookies and young guys play. I'm obviously most excited to see Tebow in action, but I am also interested in seeing how our pass rush looks without doom.

jhildebrand
08-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I want to see how the O line is in short yardage and what kind of push in general they get on running downs/

broncophan
08-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I want to see how many f-bombs Mcd drops....

Honestly......no injuries.....and hopefully although it is only preseason.....some inspired effort from all phases.......

by the way.....I thought of all of that after I entered this thread......I hope it still counts.......

slim
08-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I want to see how the O line is in short yardage and what kind of push in general they get on running downs/

Yes, this....particularly Beadles and Walton.

Northman
08-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Obviously, no more injuries but its par for the course sometimes.

What i want is too see far better results in the redzone. I want to see us stretch the field more with efficiency and too look sharp. Im hoping that there will not be a letdown in defense now that Wink is in charge and also expect improvements there now that we have Williams on the Dline. Im also hoping to see how Quinn and Tebow play and hope that if Orton goes down Quinn can step up and fill in without killing the team ala Chris (sinister) Simms. Bottom line, i need to see improvements with the starters compared to last year.

Ziggy
08-14-2010, 02:53 PM
1. No injuries.
2. A defensive line that controlls the line of scrimage.
3. Tebow to show that his new throwing style is muscle memory...aka... no reverting back to the old form under pressure.

The first preseason game is always ugly, especially when you're playing a ton of first and second year players. I won't be expecting much, but I'm excited to see the young guys get some time.

Early prediction- Brady Quinn is not on the roster on opening day.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2010, 02:59 PM
1. No injuries.
2. A defensive line that controlls the line of scrimage.
3. Tebow to show that his new throwing style is muscle memory...aka... no reverting back to the old form under pressure.

The first preseason game is always ugly, especially when you're playing a ton of first and second year players. I won't be expecting much, but I'm excited to see the young guys get some time.

Early prediction- Brady Quinn is not on the roster on opening day.

Do you feel the Broncos will then go with only two QBs, or will they look for a 3rd one?

Dirk
08-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I know that it won't happen because a coach generally doesn't "show their cards" in preseason, but I would love to see them open up the offense while the first team is in there.

sneakers
08-14-2010, 03:09 PM
To enjoy watching football.

Dirk
08-14-2010, 03:12 PM
To enjoy watching football.

I kept looking for another High Five to give you on that but there is only one....so here is a :salute:

BORDERLINE
08-14-2010, 03:19 PM
the o-line and running game. last year din't orton throw three picks againts the 49ers , i swear i cursed for a good minute, and they ended up going 6-0. so i'm really looking at our O-line and RB's. positive/smart plays is what we need to see

Ziggy
08-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Do you feel the Broncos will then go with only two QBs, or will they look for a 3rd one?

I think they go with Orton and Tebow if they both stay healthy. Quinn either gets traded for a conditional 6th or 7th, or is cut outright.

Northman
08-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I think they go with Orton and Tebow if they both stay healthy. Quinn either gets traded for a conditional 6th or 7th, or is outright cut.

Why do you feel that? Something you've read or seen lately?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2010, 04:01 PM
http://maxdenver.com/blog1/

If you’re looking to watch the game on television in southwest Ohio and Kentucky, don’t bother; the game is not sold out and will be blacked out in Cincinnati and neighboring markets.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-14-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm not expect much out of our walking wounded offense. No Clady, Moreno, Decker, Thomas, Buck, questionable Kuper and Gaffney.

I'd like to see our 1st string defense come out and dominate, especially vs the run. I'd also like to see Perrish Cox and Sydquan Thompson bring some excitement to the return game. That's about as much as I'm hoping for.

Oh, I'd also like to see Quinn and Tebow not suck out there. With the way things look, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see our 2nd and 3rd units look better than our 1st because they'll be playing vs lesser competition.

claymore
08-14-2010, 04:08 PM
A high percentage of 3rd down conversions (by the Broncos. :D).

Ziggy
08-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Why do you feel that? Something you've read or seen lately?

Not really North. I think Quinn is a backup caliber QB in this league, and his ceiling is close to where he is now. Orton is a game manager, and a solid one at that. Tebow has a much higher ceiling. Orton will start the season and Tebow will be used in special packages for short yardage and goal line. I don't see McD giving up a roster spot this season for a 3rd QB that won't ever be active on game day, barring injuries.

The trade for Quinn was a low cost one, and happened before the Broncos decided to draft Tebow by all accounts. There are some very good young receivers and CB's on this team that can contribute on special teams, and I see one of them taking that roster spot.

There's no rumors that I've heard or inside info here, just a feeling on this one. We'll find out in the next 3-4 weeks. Of course, if Orton or Tebow get hit by the injury bug, all bets are off.

Lonestar
08-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Richard Quinn has been a beast at catching the ball in camp, will that be something we should expect from the monstrous TE for this season; this after not having one reception last season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91Ax7PeSuM

noticed he was not wearing a seat belt he'd get a $250 FINE in Texas for that.

Bosco
08-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I know that it won't happen because a coach generally doesn't "show their cards" in preseason, but I would love to see them open up the offense while the first team is in there.

Josh McDaniels does, kinda. He's known for pushing his offenses beyond their comfort levels in the preseason and when the regular season starts he can scale it back some to where they are obviously comfortable. He treats preseason alot differently than most coaches, Shanahan included.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Not really North. I think Quinn is a backup caliber QB in this league, and his ceiling is close to where he is now. Orton is a game manager, and a solid one at that. Tebow has a much higher ceiling. Orton will start the season and Tebow will be used in special packages for short yardage and goal line. I don't see McD giving up a roster spot this season for a 3rd QB that won't ever be active on game day, barring injuries.

The trade for Quinn was a low cost one, and happened before the Broncos decided to draft Tebow by all accounts. There are some very good young receivers and CB's on this team that can contribute on special teams, and I see one of them taking that roster spot.

There's no rumors that I've heard or inside info here, just a feeling on this one. We'll find out in the next 3-4 weeks. Of course, if Orton or Tebow get hit by the injury bug, all bets are off.

I just don't see us putting a perfectly good backup QB like Quinn out to pasture. First off, we can make Quinn the emergency #3 and not take up a roster spot on game day. Second, with the likelihood that Orton will be gone after this year and Quinn still having time left on his deal, I think it would be downright foolish to have to then find 2 more QBs to groom behind Tebow next year this offseason or to feel obligated to overpay for Orton if you feel Tebow's just not ready, yet. Third, I don't think anyone would be silly enough to just run with 2 QBs for the season without even a PS guy. that would mean if both Orton and Tebow got hurt we'd have to find a street FA QB to come in and learn the playbook in a week... Not a smart idea in my book.

I could be wrong, but seeing as how all three of our QBs put together this year are making less money combined than Champ Bailey, I would figure it's not worthwhile money or draft pick wise (especially seeing as how you think Quinn is only worth a 6th or 7th) to take that risk. Quinn would be signed by someone else as soon as we released him and Brandstater already has been. there would be nobody left out there who knew the playbook and could be even remotely ready in a week. In short, our season would be pretty much over until we could get either Orton or Tebow back on the field.

broncobryce
08-14-2010, 04:34 PM
I would like to see Moren.....ah shit. Well Demaryius....damn he's out too. Tebow will be fun to watch, I'm hoping he will do as good or better than Clausen although Clausen is supposedly more 'pro ready'. I don't want people to start bitching about how we should have drafted Clausen.

Overtime
08-14-2010, 05:08 PM
really hoping McDaniels displays some competency.

which giving him the benefit of the doubt, he seems to do better at that when it comes to actually game time, as opposed to his continual off-season blunders

Lonestar
08-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I just don't see us putting a perfectly good backup QB like Quinn out to pasture. First off, we can make Quinn the emergency #3 and not take up a roster spot on game day. Second, with the likelihood that Orton will be gone after this year and Quinn still having time left on his deal, I think it would be downright foolish to have to then find 2 more QBs to groom behind Tebow next year this offseason or to feel obligated to overpay for Orton if you feel Tebow's just not ready, yet. Third, I don't think anyone would be silly enough to just run with 2 QBs for the season without even a PS guy. that would mean if both Orton and Tebow got hurt we'd have to find a street FA QB to come in and learn the playbook in a week... Not a smart idea in my book.

I could be wrong, but seeing as how all three of our QBs put together this year are making less money combined than Champ Bailey, I would figure it's not worthwhile money or draft pick wise (especially seeing as how you think Quinn is only worth a 6th or 7th) to take that risk. Quinn would be signed by someone else as soon as we released him and Brandstater already has been. there would be nobody left out there who knew the playbook and could be even remotely ready in a week. In short, our season would be pretty much over until we could get either Orton or Tebow back on the field.

Pretty good post.

I think Orton will have a contract year and go on to another TEAM while Quinn or Tebow takes over in 2011.

We should know by then if Quinn is a usable option.

Or if Tebow is ready.

Orton with his first pick tender was the best investment DEN could have made this year.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
08-14-2010, 05:40 PM
really hoping McDaniels displays some competency.

which giving him the benefit of the doubt, he seems to do better at that when it comes to actually game time, as opposed to his continual off-season blunders

Offseason blunders
Give me a break add up all the pluses and the few minuses

I suspect that it will more than balance out.

carolene
08-14-2010, 07:43 PM
everyone that is a florida gator fan, denver broncos fan,and tim tebow fan which i am of all three we know what we are looking forward to tomorrow night. I am so excited about it that I want to jump up and down and scream and hollar!!!!Finally the time has come !!!

broncophan
08-14-2010, 07:46 PM
everyone that is a florida gator fan, denver broncos fan,and tim tebow fan which i am of all three we know what we are looking forward to tomorrow night. I am so excited about it that I want to jump up and down and scream and hollar!!!!Finally the time has come !!!

:welcome:
hell.....go ahead and jump up and down,,,,,,,,,,,we do that all the time around here.

atwater27
08-14-2010, 09:55 PM
This is the least excited about a Broncos football team I have ever been. I guess the best I could realistically hope for is Tebow to light it up and create a QB controversy, Knowshawn to get healthy quickly and prove he was worthy of a #1 pick, at least one of oour new receivers to be worth a shit, Eddie Royal to be used more effectively, and hopefully the defense shows me that letting Nolan go was the right idea.

gregbroncs
08-14-2010, 10:49 PM
I am extremely curious to see how our lines hold up. There are a lot of new player's there and the rookie's on the OL leave a lot of questions. Last year we got killed in the trenches on both sides of the ball and I am hoping to see a lot of improvement there this year.

Tempus Fugit
08-14-2010, 11:03 PM
All that matters in game 1 of the exhibition season:

Do the high draft picks look like the game is too much for them, or are they taking it in stride?

Do the low draft picks show any promise at all?

Does any bubble player have such a lousy performance that it's time to move on?

Does any 'grizzled veteran' look to be completely shot?

Get those answers, and get out with a clean bill of health, and you've had a good first game.

Lonestar
08-14-2010, 11:25 PM

welcome to the forum. I hope all of your dreams come true.

TimTebow15MVP
08-15-2010, 12:09 AM
i wanna see beadles and walton and the backups, wanna see which depth guys make a name for themselves. this is the first time im excited to see backups like cox, thompson, kirlew, atkins, joe mays and the list goes on.

Gotta wait till next week to see thomas and company but it wont rain on the parade.

Bosco
08-15-2010, 01:19 AM
All that matters in game 1 of the exhibition season:

Do the high draft picks look like the game is too much for them, or are they taking it in stride?

Do the low draft picks show any promise at all?

Does any bubble player have such a lousy performance that it's time to move on?

Does any 'grizzled veteran' look to be completely shot?

Get those answers, and get out with a clean bill of health, and you've had a good first game.

Great post.

BroncoJoe
08-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Denver Broncos football.

Nomad
08-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Denver Broncos football.

word

Jagsbch
08-15-2010, 10:21 AM
How many reps will each of the QB's get?

Kyle Orton 2 series

Brady Quinn rest of the first half

Tim Tebow Entire second half

Jagsbch
08-15-2010, 10:26 AM
How many carries will our RB's get?

Lance Ball 8
Bruce Hall 5
Toney Baker 5
Lendale White 5
Justin Fargas 5

Looking forward to seeing who has the best game between the 5

claymore
08-15-2010, 10:30 AM
I want to see a huge smoke screen created from the fire that bursts out of Kyle Ortons Ankles, Masking Our Z reciever and creating the scenario for perhaps the best 3 yard bubble screen ever seen.

broncobryce
08-15-2010, 10:39 AM
I want to see a huge smoke screen created from the fire that bursts out of Kyle Ortons Ankles, Masking Our Z reciever and creating the scenario for perhaps the best 3 yard bubble screen ever seen.

Don't hold your breath......baiter!:lol:

broncobryce
08-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Over under for Tebow TD's?

Jagsbch
08-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Brandon Lloyd
Brandon Stokley

Looking forward to seeing this competition play out. Looking forward to seeing both brandons fight it out for a roster spot tonight. This is a must see battle. For sure.

Matthew Willis

Willis is someone who is expected to make a statement tonight.

Eddie Royal
Jabar Gaffney

These guys will probably see the ball two times each before seeing the bench I imagine.

Alric Arnett
Patrick Carter
Britt Davis

I wonder which one of these guys will pop up on the radar tonight?

Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker

What is the story with the rookies? How are their injuries playing out?

Jagsbch
08-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Will Tyler Polumbus get the start at LT over D'Anthony Batiste

Will Richard Quinn Play exclusively at the left side to help shore it up due to Ryan Clady being out?

Chris Kuper J.D. Walton Zane Beadles

How strong will the interior be with these 3 guys holding the line?

Seth Olsen Eric Olsen

How will the Olsen twins fair at Gaurd?

Russ Hochstein Dustin Fry

Which one of these guys will be snapping the ball to Tebow?

What is the story on Ryan Harris?

Nomad
08-15-2010, 10:53 AM
I gotta give you an attaboy Jagsbch because you put more thought into this game than I ever would of!!

Jagsbch
08-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Jarvis Green Jamal Williams Justin Bannan Ryan McBean

What will our defense look like to start the game? 3-4 or 4-3?
Who will start at DE?

Marcus Thomas Ronald Fields Chris Baker

How will the defense rotate players individually or by squads?

Ben Garland Le Kevin Smith Jeff Stehle

How will our depth look in the 4th quarter?

Jagsbch
08-15-2010, 11:37 AM
I gotta give you an attaboy Jagsbch because you put more thought into this game than I ever would of!!

Anticipation really opens up the game, there are so many facets to it, and the more aware you are of the facets the more brilliant the experience will be, and instead of coming away with what the scoreboard said, you can come away with so much more.

How many games have you all watched where the scoreboard did not reflect the action on the field? I think the most memorable season I have ever experienced was Tom Coughlins last season with the Jaguars.

Coughlin like McDaniels last season, managed to outscore his opponents at the end of the season despite going 6-10. This was a team the played with heart.

I love to get all the characters in the cast built up in my mind before the play starts. I want to be in their shoes when they are out there, the more I can anticipate the more you know the more you can lose yourself in the game, and trust me when I say this I want to get away...

You think the Bengals have last seasons loss on their mind coming into this match up for instance? How is that going to effect the tempo of the game?

If I am Marvin I have this pic posted in the lockerroom.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d81292f1d_gallery_600.jpg

Who can forget this?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wj5HtJidMZ8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wj5HtJidMZ8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

My DVR spoils me.

It allows me to watch the game over and over before it is over. My initial focus is generally on the QB, how he steps up to the huddle reaction of the players coming out of the huddle trying to figure out the vibes of the players to know if it is a run or pass.

Watching how the QB read's defenses makes the calls at the line depending on what formation they are in, what type of drop back he makes, composure in the pocket, the radar helmet scanning the field, how well the hand off is executed be it a fake or what have you.

Velocity of the pass, arch on the ball, YAC's.

After the play I rewind to see what happened in the trenches, this sometimes takes a couple of rewinds, considering that there are quiet a few sumo battles going on, some battles are so good you have to see them a couple of times. Its like watching a Sumo match and a football game all at the same time.

What in the hell are the McDaniels LB's doing?:ridinghorse:

it is so hard to take all this in with just on shot of the play, you have to break it down in layers. Having a nice back ground of what to expect is kind of like putting the edges around the puzzle and allow the game to fill in the middle pieces for ya. :thrasher:

Nomad
08-15-2010, 12:10 PM
That's intense and a dedicated person there to breakdown film as a fan! My main concern is getting the beverages/food ready and making sure my wife leaves me alone during game time!!:lol:

BroncoNut
08-15-2010, 12:18 PM
i want to see it all. O'line domination, a few sacks, effective smash mouth football. Red zone production.

Nomad
08-15-2010, 12:20 PM
i want to see it all. O'line domination, a few sacks, effective smash mouth football. Red zone production.

And though preseason, it's always nice to win!!

BroncoNut
08-15-2010, 12:21 PM
yeah Nomad. I want to see us control the game. Maybe that's a bit much to ask for in preseason. Players are going to be shuttled in and out.

Nomad
08-15-2010, 12:24 PM
yeah Nomad. I want to see us control the game. Maybe that's a bit much to ask for in preseason. Players are going to be shuttled in and out.

Do you breakdown the game film after games??

BroncoNut
08-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Do you breakdown the game film after games??

I think I am getting to that point. I've only started following football, real closely anyway, in the last few years. Before that I was kinda a loose Bronco fan. I'm feeling it take hold Nomad.

Jagsbch
08-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Elvis Dumervil

Are all three of these guys out?

Wesley Woodyard
Akin Ayodele
D.J. Williams
Mario Haggan

If we start a 4-3 base which of these 4 will be the odd man out?

Joe Mays and Johnny Williams look to be in a battle of the titans to make the roster this season. Will you just look at the heavy hitters at LB they are competing with in camp?:eek: These 4 LB's average 6'5 264 pounds.
Jarvis Moss 6'7 257

Jammie Kirlew 6'3 264

Kevin Alexander 6'4 265

Baraka Atkins 6'4 268

Who will be able to run against this defense at this rate?

I find myself wondering what will be more impressive tonight? The pass defense or the rushing defense?

Nomad
08-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I think I am getting to that point. I've only started following football, real closely anyway, in the last few years. Before that I was kinda a loose Bronco fan. I'm feeling it take hold Nomad.

That's cool! At least when you come to the discussions you'll know what you're talking about! Hell, I can watch game 1 and by game 3, I remember bits and pieces of the game. I guess I'm in between a die hard and casual fan!

silkamilkamonico
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Elvis Dumervil

Are all three of these guys out?

Wesley Woodyard
Akin Ayodele
D.J. Williams
Mario Haggan

If we start a 4-3 base which of these 4 will be the odd man out?

Denver is a 3-4 defense.

BroncoNut
08-15-2010, 01:15 PM
That's cool! At least when you come to the discussions you'll know what you're talking about! Hell, I can watch game 1 and by game 3, I remember bits and pieces of the game. I guess I'm in between a die hard and casual fan!

yeah, this is my new hobby. Gotta love something Nomad. Gotta love something. I forget 3, if not 2 games ago too. I'm sure I'll be making more mental notes this season. I want to be like Holy Diver on the Freak. He's my idol

frauschieze
08-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Denver is a 3-4 defense.

McD said they're running both 3-4 & 4-3 fronts, in part because of Doom's injury.

silkamilkamonico
08-15-2010, 01:30 PM
McD said they're running both 3-4 & 4-3 fronts, in part because of Doom's injury.

Really? Because of 1 guy? Is he going to play LB's at DE's, because we have no pass rushing DE's.

I didn't hear that and i'm not sure what to think. Other teams haven't changed their defensive system because of 1 injury. We have the perfect DLine for a 3-4, our LB's must really be that bad behind Doom.

girler
08-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Um, I am looking to see some BRONCOS FOOTBALL!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO YA!!!!! :defense: :woot:

girler
08-15-2010, 02:06 PM
That's intense and a dedicated person there to breakdown film as a fan! My main concern is getting the beverages/food ready and making sure my wife leaves me alone during game time!!:lol:

:laugh: I do the same, except I AM the wife! :lol:

I have to retrain my kids to not talk to me during plays too. They forget every off season. :tsk: Then my daughter tells me I scream too loud when I watch football, and I need to remind her who is talking to whom. :whistle:

Lonestar
08-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Really? Because of 1 guy? Is he going to play LB's at DE's, because we have no pass rushing DE's.

I didn't hear that and i'm not sure what to think. Other teams haven't changed their defensive system because of 1 injury. We have the perfect DLine for a 3-4, our LB's must really be that bad behind Doom.

Actually they were talking about bringing in fields to play next to JW and leaving the DEs alone.

I suspect this is more for running downs than for all the time. That would be. Pretty stout DL. To run against.

Be the 3-4 will be the base D.

spikerman
08-15-2010, 02:46 PM
This is the least excited about a Broncos football team I have ever been. I guess the best I could realistically hope for is Tebow to light it up and create a QB controversy, Knowshawn to get healthy quickly and prove he was worthy of a #1 pick, at least one of oour new receivers to be worth a shit, Eddie Royal to be used more effectively, and hopefully the defense shows me that letting Nolan go was the right idea.

What's even more scary is that if the Broncos are as weak on the field as they appear to be on paper (at least offensively) we may not have a next season to look forward to so that we can wash the memory away.

silkamilkamonico
08-15-2010, 03:01 PM
What's even more scary is that if the Broncos are as weak on the field as they appear to be on paper (at least offensively) we may not have a next season to look forward to so that we can wash the memory away.

I think a lockout is best case scenario for myself.

If Denver has a bad year, I think Mcdaniels coaches for his job the following season.

A lockout would;

- allow the coaching staff 1 additional year to finalize the roster with their desired players

- allow one year of development for Tebow to catch up

- give Denver, along with other NFL teams that have a coaching staff intact, to move through the lockout process smoothly, where other organizations who are trying to implement a new system and cohesion have to do that with players out of gameplay for a year.

I'm actually looking forward to a lockout season.

broncophan
08-15-2010, 03:08 PM
I think a lockout is best case scenario for myself.

If Denver has a bad year, I think Mcdaniels coaches for his job the following season.

A lockout would;

- allow the coaching staff 1 additional year to finalize the roster with their desired players

- allow one year of development for Tebow to catch up

- give Denver, along with other NFL teams that have a coaching staff intact, to move through the lockout process smoothly, where other organizations who are trying to implement a new system and cohesion have to do that with players out of gameplay for a year.

I'm actually looking forward to a lockout season.

lol......you almost got me.....

silkamilkamonico
08-15-2010, 03:14 PM
lol......you almost got me.....

I'm still getting myself with it..

Jagsbch
08-15-2010, 03:46 PM

lockerpulse (http://www.lockerpulse.com/NFL/Broncos/)

McDaniels On whether the defense might switch to a 4-3 alignment

“We’ve practiced in the 4-3 already multiple days in camp. Like I said, there’s no way we’re going to replace him in terms of his production as just a single pass rusher. I don’t think that’s fair to anybody but the way we’re going to go about trying to replace him as a player who is on the field a lot. (It) may take a few different people and may take some creativity for us.

I don’t think there is any silver lining in the injury itself. I think, are those players maybe further ahead because they got the reps? Probably. I think both players have started camp really well, I’ll say that.

I think we have got a long way to go. We have a lot of football to play, I think we have a lot of young players on our team at that position who are all trying to improve and like I said, we’ve got some defensive linemen that we’ve already put out there at end and played some 4-3.

We’ve got some other flexibility built into our team so we’ll kind of take inventory of exactly where we’re at and what we need to do and what we think is best.”

It’s possible that we could play, I would say, play some of it. I don’t know if we would go all the way back – we’re not going to change the style of defense that we have – there might just be a bigger body on the edge sometimes.

Like I said, there are multiple ways to look at this: Jarvis (Moss) is certainly a guy who has gotten a lot of reps with that group already in camp and is going to continue to.

We’ve played with four down linemen in the game or in practice so far and again, Mario Haggan always gives you that flexibility because he played there (at outside linebacker/defensive end) all of last year and he had a great year.

We’ll kind of figure out exactly our course of action here and decide on the best thing for the team but we’ll have to wait and see until we gather all that information.”

On what Dumervil brought to the defense

“He’s definitely a guy that we’re going to miss. You can’t replace him with one person, whether I come out and get 20 sacks, it’s not going to matter because my 20 sacks would be even more with him.

You’re never going to replace a guy that you lose and we’re just going to try to get team defense and guys are going to step up and that’s just how we’re going to have to go about things. We’re going to have to keep working and keep trucking.”

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163385&highlight=read

dogfish
08-15-2010, 03:54 PM
What is the most imprortant thing you are looking to see tomorrow night?

i pretty much just wanna see tebow make somebody his bitch. . . .

silkamilkamonico
08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
What's the deal with that S we drafted out of TT last year that looked promising until he got hurt. Darius Mcbath? I haven't heard a peep about him all camp long.

dogfish
08-15-2010, 05:00 PM
darcel mcbath. . .

LRtagger
08-15-2010, 05:07 PM

Uhhhh I thought you knew. The only reason we drafted Tebow was to bless Orton's ankles before every game. Sucks for you fools that thought we brought Tebow in as the QBOF.