PDA

View Full Version : Lee Corso: Tim Tebow will be Broncos' starting QB by Week 6

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2010, 02:14 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/lee-corso-tim-tebow-will-be-broncos-starting-qb-by-week-6/1

ESPN college football analyst Lee Corso saw a lot of Tim Tebow's work before the Denver Broncos drafted the QB 25th overall in April.

And Corso said he has no doubt that Tebow will become the Broncos' starting QB much sooner than expected. He told the Orlando Sentinel:

"I think Tebow, by the sixth game, will be the quarterback. It will take some time for him to get in do a few things, make a mistake or two and learn from his mistakes. I think he's going to be a good quarterback."

With fellow backup Brady Quinn,Tebow is currently behind starter Kyle Orton on the Broncos' depth chart. Coach Josh McDaniels has made no promises about how much playing time Tebow will get as a rookie, but says he thinks the rookie's ceiling is high.

In Week 6, the Broncos, who open the preseason on Sunday in Cincinnati, host the New York Jets.

-- Sean Leahy

broncophan
08-14-2010, 02:15 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/lee-corso-tim-tebow-will-be-broncos-starting-qb-by-week-6/1

ESPN college football analyst Lee Corso saw a lot of Tim Tebow's work before the Denver Broncos drafted the QB 25th overall in April.

And Corso said he has no doubt that Tebow will become the Broncos' starting QB much sooner than expected. He told the Orlando Sentinel:

"I think Tebow, by the sixth game, will be the quarterback. It will take some time for him to get in do a few things, make a mistake or two and learn from his mistakes. I think he's going to be a good quarterback."

With fellow backup Brady Quinn,Tebow is currently behind starter Kyle Orton on the Broncos' depth chart. Coach Josh McDaniels has made no promises about how much playing time Tebow will get as a rookie, but says he thinks the rookie's ceiling is high.

In Week 6, the Broncos, who open the preseason on Sunday in Cincinnati, host the New York Jets.

-- Sean Leahy

That settles it.....Tebow will sit the bench all season....

Northman
08-14-2010, 02:18 PM
If that happens it means the season went into the toilet early.

broncophan
08-14-2010, 02:19 PM

Yea.....let's hope he is wrong......

OrangeHoof
08-14-2010, 02:32 PM
You mean, the Lee Corso who is almost always WRONG said that?

Tned
08-14-2010, 02:53 PM

Yep, that is the most likely scenario.

About the only non-toilet scenarios I can think of are:

Tebow surprises everyone and wins the job in camp
Injury to Orton
The Broncos start off well win/loss wise, but Orton sucks and the defense carries the team -- like the SB year in Chicago

At this point I still think the most likely scenario is that Tebow starts for good in 2011, and starts in 2010 only if/when the broncos are eliminated from the playoffs.

Overtime
08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
That settles it.....Tebow will sit the bench all season....

i hope for our sake you're right. Tebow is worthless and will be worthless. success in college does not translate to success in the NFL.

Northman
08-14-2010, 03:00 PM
i hope for our sake you're right. Tebow is worthless and will be worthless. success in college does not translate to success in the NFL.

Although i too have my doubts about him at the pro level im not going to write him off until i can actually see him play at the pro level. Just like you cant base everything off college you also cant write them off right away either.

gobroncsnv
08-14-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't see this happening, barring an injury or something. Just the Wild Horse thing, not a starter yet. Would rather have accurate reads AND throws. I like Tebow, what he stands for, how he carries himself, but I think it would be a mistake to have him go very much this year.

underrated29
08-14-2010, 03:53 PM

I'm beginning to think you are worthless...

You hate knowshon and want him injured, you hate tebow and think he is worthless...I dont want to make this personal man but, maybe why you are having a hard time with the ladies is because you are one negative dude. Like ridiculously negative. Seriously.

yeah being negative means you wont get let down all the time, but you also are no fun and bring everyone else down. And no body wants to be around that. So you become worthless. Dont be worthless.

BroncoWave
08-14-2010, 04:05 PM

You hate knowshon and want him injured, you hate tebow and think he is worthless...I dont want to make this personal man but, maybe why you are having a hard time with the ladies is because you are one negative dude. Like ridiculously negative. Seriously.

yeah being negative means you wont get let down all the time, but you also are no fun and bring everyone else down. And no body wants to be around that. So you become worthless. Dont be worthless.

:adore::hail:

Could not have said it better myself! I think you just said what a lot of people have been thinking.

claymore
08-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Id rather have Tebow growing in this offense than Orton. We all know Orton is most likely gone. Why waste the energy unless we are Super Bowl bound?

HORSEPOWER 56
08-14-2010, 04:15 PM
If Kyle plays himself out of the job (which I doubt) or is injured (which is more likely) Tebow still won't start. I think Tebow will be the #2 QB all year so he can get reps but that Quinn will be the #3 emergency guy and if Orton needs replacing for whatever reason, Quinn will get the start leaving Tebow at #2.

The only way Tebow gets thrown in there is if both Orton and Quinn get hurt (which is actually a distinct possibility looking at their track record) or they both start playing like Chris Simms did last year.

If we start losing games 35-3, it might be Tebow time. Short of that, I doubt he'll be the "starter".

Shazam!
08-14-2010, 09:01 PM
and the defense carries the team -- like the SB year in Chicago

I know this is not the Denver Broncos you speak of...

jhildebrand
08-14-2010, 10:04 PM
If Kyle plays himself out of the job (which I doubt) or is injured (which is more likely) Tebow still won't start. I think Tebow will be the #2 QB all year so he can get reps but that Quinn will be the #3 emergency guy and if Orton needs replacing for whatever reason, Quinn will get the start leaving Tebow at #2.

The only way Tebow gets thrown in there is if both Orton and Quinn get hurt (which is actually a distinct possibility looking at their track record) or they both start playing like Chris Simms did last year.

If we start losing games 35-3, it might be Tebow time. Short of that, I doubt he'll be the "starter".

I agree however would qualify that Tebow will start the minute it is clear we are eliminated from the playoffs. With the impending lockout, I think it is imperative they get him some kind of live reps!

Overtime
08-15-2010, 03:41 AM

just because i'm negative on here, doesn't mean i am in real life. and if you take care to notice, i'm negative towards a couple distinct individuals.

Tebow
No-Show
McDuffus

and i am a lot of fun in person. way different in person than i am online.

:adore::hail:

Could not have said it better myself! I think you just said what a lot of people have been thinking.:rolleyes:

you'll understand how I'm different in person than online when we tailgate for the Titans game. i just have that online persona for some reason.

LoyalSoldier
08-15-2010, 03:50 AM
I hated the Tebow pick, but he is on the team now and I am not the typed to hope he fails just to prove my point. Now I still don't think he is NFL material, but hey I could always be wrong and wouldn't mind it if I am.

Though Orton will have to have a great start to keep Tebow on the benches. If Ortons struggles we may very well see Tebow.

sneakers
08-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Wow, this could actually happen.......if Lee Corso was the Broncos head coach

LTC Pain
08-15-2010, 10:43 AM
just because i'm negative on here, doesn't mean i am in real life. and if you take care to notice, i'm negative towards a couple distinct individuals.

Tebow
No-Show
McDuffus

and i am a lot of fun in person. way different in person than i am online.

:rolleyes:

you'll understand how I'm different in person than online when we tailgate for the Titans game. i just have that LACK OF online persona for some reason.

Fixed!