PDA

View Full Version : An alternative to IR

Lonestar
08-13-2010, 05:08 PM
I would love to see the NFL develop a short term version of IR a place to stash a player when he is PUP for a few weeks instead of carrying them on the active 53.

It would have to have limits of say max two players at a time.

Maybe even a minimum say 2 weeks and max say 4 weeks length of being on it. Then they would have to be evaluated and activated or IR'd.

The same player could not be placed on it more than once a season.

I believe this would help the teams into not having to make a decision right away about placing some one like Doom on IR and it gives them an extra roster spot or two for the longer term injuries like scoping knees and rushing them back on the field two quickly.

With the advent of an 18 game schedule injuries will be more prevalent than they are now and this may help some teams to stay up with the "lucky teams" that do not have.a bunch of players down because of karma.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Let me add that while I do not follow MLB I believe they have something like this called the DL.

There would have to be monitoring by the league so cheating is not going on we all know that it happens but I think it would be good for the NFL.

Nothing worse than having a player placed on IR that could be ready in a few weeks because your desperate to fill that roster spot. that your on the bubble and just have to make a decision .