PDA

View Full Version : Camp 8/12/10 by pn

pnbronco
08-13-2010, 12:28 AM
It was cool and cloudy....thank goodness. I still had a headache when I got to camp today but a friend was suppose to meet me there so I went and took a migraine pill with Gatorade once I sat down. (I guess it was own tribute to Tebow....:laugh:)

Anyway they started with working on Punts.... I noticed that Cox and Vaughn took all the kicks. I was soooo funny Colquitt had to go again Polumbus...talk about size differece...:eek:

Also the music was terrible. Someone really likes some different....:confused:... Country Music...they guys could not skip or side step or anything to this.. It was bad for rhythm and ear drums.

Today was about working on timing. They were in pads but did a lot of working on hand offs and short throws and you go here....he goes here......ect.....

All 3 QB's did a lot of passing today. Kyle was OK but not as sharp till the end and then did he make up for it. He had a great 2 minute drill today. Quinn looked better for the most part, but he did have a ball do something really weird and just flop out. He threw a great pass to Davis today that got the crowd going. Tebow looked better too. He was sharper in the mid passes than I've seen him all of camp. He was also reading the 11/11's faster. He had a couple of really overthrown plays, but he has not worked that much with the WR and long passes. Oh the wind was really blowing at one point and it made the drills tough. However Quinn seemed to do ok with them......I told my husband must be more wind in Cleveland?????

Stok had some great catches and I mean great. He worked a lot with Kyle today and they had some off's but the ons were sooo beautiful. I found myself throwing my arms up and wooo hoooing at one point.

Gaffney was back, but I didn't see him out there as much as Willis, Stok, Lloyd, Davis and Carter.

Lots and lots of RB plays today. Again they were working on timing. Ball seemed to work more with the 2's and 3's today. Fargas got a lot of carries and he's just fast. The D seemed to be more dialed in on him today but he still did well.

When they were practicing kick offs the wind was behind Prater he had a couple that had to close or over 80 yds, it was unreal. He miss 2 60 yds after the 2 minute drills, but made it when it meant something. The guys were very happy and making lots of noise on that one.

Dawkins was on fire today. I think he broke up 3 passes and had a int too. He was just all over. Poor DJ he almost had a int, but was wearing the red thing to simulate a Bengal player and the ball got caught up in that. He was ticked. Oh and Dawkins took off the no hit jersey on the 11/11's.

One last thing. Ben Garland is the young man that is in the Air Force and just a really good kid. Every time I see him he is giving it everything he's got and you can see he is playing with his heart and soul. I think he looks pretty good, but I could be I seeing him with my sweetheart glasses on. What ever this young man does with his life I see him going far.

I look forward to seeing them this weekend and see what they do against someone they don't know. Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and kind words.....Go Broncos!

WARHORSE
08-13-2010, 01:32 AM
It was cool and cloudy....thank goodness. I still had a headache when I got to camp today but a friend was suppose to meet me there so I went and took a migraine pill with Gatorade once I sat down. (I guess it was own tribute to Tebow....:laugh:)

Anyway they started with working on Punts.... I noticed that Cox and Vaughn took all the kicks. I was soooo funny Colquitt had to go again Polumbus...talk about size differece...:eek:

Also the music was terrible. Someone really likes some different....:confused:... Country Music...they guys could not skip or side step or anything to this.. It was bad for rhythm and ear drums.

Today was about working on timing. They were in pads but did a lot of working on hand offs and short throws and you go here....he goes here......ect.....

All 3 QB's did a lot of passing today. Kyle was OK but not as sharp till the end and then did he make up for it. He had a great 2 minute drill today. Quinn looked better for the most part, but he did have a ball do something really weird and just flop out. He threw a great pass to Davis today that got the crowd going. Tebow looked better too. He was sharper in the mid passes than I've seen him all of camp. He was also reading the 11/11's faster. He had a couple of really overthrown plays, but he has not worked that much with the WR and long passes. Oh the wind was really blowing at one point and it made the drills tough. However Quinn seemed to do ok with them......I told my husband must be more wind in Cleveland?????

Stok had some great catches and I mean great. He worked a lot with Kyle today and they had some off's but the ons were sooo beautiful. I found myself throwing my arms up and wooo hoooing at one point.

Gaffney was back, but I didn't see him out there as much as Willis, Stok, Lloyd, Davis and Carter.

Lots and lots of RB plays today. Again they were working on timing. Ball seemed to work more with the 2's and 3's today. Fargas got a lot of carries and he's just fast. The D seemed to be more dialed in on him today but he still did well.

When they were practicing kick offs the wind was behind Prater he had a couple that had to close or over 80 yds, it was unreal. He miss 2 60 yds after the 2 minute drills, but made it when it meant something. The guys were very happy and making lots of noise on that one.

Dawkins was on fire today. I think he broke up 3 passes and had a int too. He was just all over. Poor DJ he almost had a int, but was wearing the red thing to simulate a Bengal player and the ball got caught up in that. He was ticked. Oh and Dawkins took off the no hit jersey on the 11/11's.

One last thing. Ben Garland is the young man that is in the Air Force and just a really good kid. Every time I see him he is giving it everything he's got and you can see he is playing with his heart and soul. I think he looks pretty good, but I could be I seeing him with my sweetheart glasses on. What ever this young man does with his life I see him going far.

I look forward to seeing them this weekend and see what they do against someone they don't know. Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and kind words.....Go Broncos!

Speaking of sweetheart glasses....thanks again Pola for doing a write up for us.

One of these days Im going to take my two boys up there and check out the training camp.

I'll be sure and say hey to you and the hubby.

Peace!:beer:

frenchfan
08-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Speaking of sweetheart glasses....thanks again Pola for doing a write up for us.

One of these days Im going to take my two boys up there and check out the training camp.

I'll be sure and say hey to you and the hubby.

Peace!:beer:Damn... If one fine day I can make it to Invesco or at camp, be sure I'll say hey to all of you & your family ;)

Thanks PNie :kiss: :beer:

gobroncsnv
08-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Good to hear about Stokes... I always like watching him play, and thinking about how much worse we could be doing regarding our "3rd or 4th option" on passing downs. Would love to see how well he and Eddie complement each other for a full season. If DT can get on the field this year (STAY HEALTHY, DUDE!), and we can keep the field stretched even somewhat, that would give these guys room to work underneath.
Thanks, as always, PN. Hope that headache stuff goes away really soon. You're too valuable a poster to go on IR... :>)

JaxBroncoGirl
08-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks PN, I so wish I could make it all the way up there, you have helped me learn about our current players with your reporting. You make my day, when I grow up I want to be just like You.....

Peace:laugh:

LRtagger
08-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Excellent post as always.

Did Ayers go full contact yesterday?

TXBRONC
08-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks PN. :beer:

pnbronco
08-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Excellent post as always.

Did Ayers go full contact yesterday?

Yes he's been in full contact since the day he left early. He has a large arm brace on that arm. I'm sure you will see it if you can watch the game. The only guys other than the QB's to have the no contact jersey's have been DJ and Dawkins. Like I said Dawks took off the jersey before they got into the 11/11 towards the end of camp yesterday.